Open Door Alarm Modifications

After seeing this video
youtube.com/watch?v=pZ301QEoo9Y
I've become very interested in the idea of changing the sounds that play when the door is open and the key is in the ignition.
Most cars don't have a little blue box that you unplug and find a new one with Africa - Toto already on it, so how would I A: find my car's version of this part and B: rerecord a sound onto it?
I have a 98 Tacoma if that helps
pic unrelated

Attached: paint bucket.jpg (801x801, 556K)

it's gonna take a lot to drag me awayyyyyyyyy from youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

uhhhhh what the fuck?

Attached: 97d4ecbb3ab245620aee3f01ffe51f64.png (805x803, 399K)

>jpg
KEK
op: the eternal faggot

Attached: 1521432834769.jpg (801x801, 556K)

just hire a mexican to sit in your backseat and play the trumpet to whatever tune you want

probably easier and cheaper than whatever convoluted shit you're planning

Fuck you.

The "blue box" is the Door Chime Relay.
All cars have them.

google up your car + door chime relay

Most folks on forums usually just do a rewire hack to delete the sound of the chime entirely.

To change the sound, you'd have to reprogram the relay with a suitable 8-bit code.
I have no clue how that'd be done.

get good faggots

Attached: Untitled.png (817x807, 163K)

Are door chime relays inter-changeable?

Would love to have the Honda/Nissan alarm clock instead of the boring Toyota/Mitsubishi gong.

fuck you

>Are door chime relays inter-changeable?
I'm going to say no.
Across manufacturers the pin settings of the relay blocks are going to be different.

It might be possible to jerry rig something though.

@18830745
ok
and enjoy your ban

Neat, would have done this if I didn't delete the door chime altogether.

get a raspberry pi and a box for it
find wire on your schematic that's responsible for monitoring door ajar
when that goes high play/loop sound file stored on pi through stereo aux connection and make sure to put a diode or some shit so it only goes one way

make sure to fuse everything and add appropriate resistors on the inputs so you don't burn anything out

>get a raspberry pi

also this is assuming your radio still has power, which it usually doesn't when you have the warning to remind you not to leave your keys or lights on

so instead you could probably just find a library to play it through a small shitty speaker, trying to drive anything larger than that would probably take you actually having an open connection to the battery even when parked

does this require the pi to always go between the power and the relay or can it rewrite the data

people use them because they come premade with pins, are cheap as fuck, and you can just cut and paste someone elses shit to have it going

if you want to order an atmega and provide the board layout, power circuits, audio drivers, and all sorts of peripheral bullshit to avoid a meme then you do you man

always be between

the door open sounds usually aren't even a digital recording, they're just a circuit playing a buzzer. if you want arbitrary audio playback in a format that isn't incredibly fucked up then you need an actual microcontroller

I am actually gonna buy one today. Just memeing

eat shit

Fuck off, that's not the correct maze
That's not how mazes work
>What is brightness/contrast...

Attached: 1521432834769.jpg (801x801, 572K)

Dammit user

fucking nigger