/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Upcoming releases edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

4U is the best game ever

Whoa the deluxe edition of MHW comes with SFV? That's a pretty sweet bargain

XX is a good game with a good port

2 slots in the XX room.

>4U is the best game ever

4U is the only good mainline game.

Forgot to add, this time there are so many fucking fetch quests and kill small monster quests. In the early village at least, 3 out of 4 pages involve tripe like gathering 10 unique ferns and killing 20 (twenty!) Bullfangos.

>gen is better than 4U at least

Lagombutt would be the best way to go

welcome to Monster Hunter

It would be if:

- It had gotten a console or PC release. Anything that allowed you to play it on a controller and using a monitor/tv
- Guild Quests worked in a way that made it worth it to kill anything other than Rajang 90% of the time
- Charge Blade was not retarded strong

That's it.
It's never going to happen but if they re-released it and fixed those 3 things then it would certainly be the best Monster Hunter so far.

OFFICIAL OBJECTIVE LIST:
4U>World>Frontier>>>Dos>P3rd>FU>Tri>3u>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gen

>it's the hammercuck again

CB wasn't even the strongest weapon in 4U.

Sasuga Diana!

>grease yourself up
>bait the buttslam
>swoos right into its colon
>attack it from the inside

>Tri>3u
Explain yourself.

>steam
I know we're fucked, but I want to believe... fuck it, there is no other alternative on PC, right?

>It's better than 4U at least

Mom's gonna be strong in Worlds!

Any new weapons you guys would want to see.
I'd like for a greataxe type of weapon to be added, I think it could bring some needed variety to the game.

>4U is the best game ever

>hall of meat hammer
>310 raw, blue sharpness (white with s+1/2), -30% aff, no slots, 18fire.
for what fucking purpose

Loc lac, difficulty, medium bowguns, textures that aren't 2x2
3u re-added water and added nothing of value, while taking away from the base tri had.
also choose between terrible framerate or shit controls depending on which version you play.

I'd do it

unironically this

>Loc Lac
>Medium bowguns
fuckkkkk, I forgot about the bowguns. Why did they have to ditch that?

Gauntlets.
YES I know Tonfas are much more likely to make it in but I don't want to use Tonfas, I WANT TO FUCKING PUNCH A MONSTER IN THE FACE

ironically this

> 4U is the best game ever

I don't even main Hammer but it's pretty fucking obvious that there was some overlap there and that Charge Blade did way too many things way too well.

you can punch with tonfas tho
storm style has a infinite punches combo and charged punches

Hey Zinny

I too would like to ORA ORA ORA a Kut-Ku

And yet it still wasn't even close to the best weapon.

better nerf lbg then because it's been doing everything hammer does better for years

>roleplaying
Kill yourself.

huh

Hey, at least LBG comes with a price.
Buying ammo and/or gathering materials for combines is a pain in the ass, Gunners deserve to do well.

>tfw even when I reach HR999, even when I complete the 100% of guildcard, I still farming caravan points for purchase Bird Wyvern Fang for making Pierce lv2

/mhg/ is excited for stories right?

If you haven't already hacked your 3DS and played it in a language you dont understand, are you excited?

Seems like it would be cool to have more interactions with some of our favorite monsters. And it must have had a nice budget because the animations are gorgeous, just like with EX troopers (Only capcom can make good looking 3DS games).

Plus we have world coming up so it's not like you're going to be starved for new (in english) MH gameplay that much longer.

>tfw no apex brach

I was a bit disappointed that from the demo larger monsters don't really seem to have a real pattern, instead it's just a high chance to use a type of attack.

Still cute and cozy though, I'll be buying a copy.

I want to give Milsy-chan all my salty horn coins!

>ranking world before playing it
baka

It's guaranteed to be better than anything in the last few years because it's not held down by leapfrog hardware.

4U falls off my personal ranking list into oblivion due to my not owning a n3DS to play it at a framerate that doesn't make me want to kill myself.

What Monster Hunter doesn't have terrible gear progression? There always seems to be this sort of plateau in Low and High Rank where I stick with a relatively shitty armor set, because all the available, new sets have terrible skills and/or are really just worth farming for their higher defense rating. Should I just craft new shit for more defense or be saving my mats for a set with skills worth a damn?

Are there reviews for Stories in Japan? Was it well-received?

>stories has Qurupeco
>but they've been missing from the mainline games for fucking ever

Make whatever looks cool until endgame unless you just want to grab some cheesy set for early Attack Up XL or Sharpness +1, or if you're using a weapon that actually needs certain skills to function properly, like Lance.

>until endgame
When is endgame, then? When do skills start becoming essential?

I dunno, I don't worry about skills too much until I get towards the end of High Rank personally.

mid G rank
just make defense armors until then with one or two skills you like

frontier has decent gear progression. though you are kind of expected to use certain sets until G rank

Umm what the fuck does Oil Maniac even do?

Did they seriously make a hunter art for SnS that simply lets you apply oils quicker and the different ones stack but not cumulatively, so really its just a fuckin art dedicated to applying oil faster?

why the fuck wouldnt i just bring absolute readiness over this worthless shit

Dunno. All I know is that it sold pretty well, but that doesn't mean much.

Chomos or furfags: Which are more cancerous?

BLACKED

Those severed horns will grow into a massacre demon

Monsters are NOT for hunting!
Leave them alone!

So they added that new wycadamy thing where you can call down supplies in little rockets. It's neat and all but how do I use it in multiplayer rooms? It works in multiplayer but having to leave the lobby to set it up before a quest is bullshit.

I'm in it for the thrill of the hunt, and I require a monster for such things.

Furfags don't deny what they are, they at least have that going for them.

>wanting the human race to live as cucks to nature
Fuck off, Fatalis

r8 my bod

I hated how one of the episodes was name after the Jho that was in it... But the Jho only appeared in a couple minutes and wasn't the main focus.

Can someone explain why the obsidian weapons are considered bad?

>it's not furry, it's monstergirls

I can't wait to start fucking around with the character creator.

What video is this from?

>Dad Hunter

I kinda hope there's a male hair that looks like this guys in World.

How do I take a screenshot with CFW?

I thought he was into boys.

Will playing Monster Hunter Stories make me feel bad about killing monsters?
I already feel kinda bad when killing Malfestio, Plesioth or Chameleos.

>Playing MHXX on Switch
>It's all in Jap so i just make the Keyquest
>Get to 5*, Kill Uragaan, Lagiacruz and Rathalos
>No new quests comes out

The fuck do i do now? There are a lot of "Yellow" quests which i havent done, mostly gathering stuff but since it's in japanese i dont know what the fuck should i look for.

Help?

You kill monsters all the time in it too.
I honestly expected some sort of "bonding" mechanics like petting your monsties but it ends up being a very simple master-beast relationship.

I use NTR.

The demo for stories was good but I'm not sure if it's worth 40 dollary doos

The pomp and the smug face had better still be in

Hunt other monsters until the keys appear.
Yellow quests are village requests.

That's something I didn't really think of for people who didn't play Gen/X. All of the Fated Four get introduced like the FU Tigrex or the 3U Lagaicrus where they interrupt another quest.

>upgraded my armor and now I have 425 defense
This was a mistake I forgot P3rd doesn't have G-Rank.

That was my go-to 4U face/hair.

Does anyone else love how the Palicos recruit small monsters as allies?

>It works in multiplayer but having to leave the lobby to set it up before a quest is bullshit.

I will never understand why Gen even did this to begin with in regards to talking to NPCs, when 4U managed travelling between villages just fine when online.

It was a rushed game they didn't even bother to playtest it. World is the really sequel to 4U and will be done properly.

It's the last option at the item box in the quest hub.

It's an option at the item box in the lobby isn't it? You don't have to leave multiplayer.

I made a MHXX room!
~Wes

Who?