Picking up my Toyabaru in the next few days!

Picking up my Toyabaru in the next few days!

>2016 BRZ Sport Tech (top trim for you 'Muricans)

What should I expect on the drive home? what should my first mod be? I'm thinking carbon fiber side skirts and lip with underglow ;)

Attached: baearezee.jpg (2448x1836, 565K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81493
youtube.com/watch?v=YM9zkGsA96w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

UEL and a tune.

Will UEL and tune void warranty? The car still has the bumper to bumper 36k mile/3year until August this year, then engine and drive train till 2021, I would like to do that but was planning on keeping it stock at least until this Summer was over

Forget about factory warranty, wait for it to expire and get a third party one. Dealer will cover your ass in regard to mods just to come up on the claims. Get a rev works UEL, tune, tures,brakepads,brake fluid, and motul transmission fluid. That's all the car needs

>tures
Tires (preferably pilot supersports)

I test drove a car with the Pilot SuperSports and the difference is definitely there, but I was planning on letting my current tires (70-80% tread left) just get done this Summer and put on PS4S next Summer, but if I roast the tires early then I'll get those on this year.

The other stuff is doable now I think, but alright I'll look into the UEL, tune, and brake pads / fluid plus transmission fluid.

The flex fuel mod and tunes look pretty promising. Should get around 30whp with UEL headers, flex fuel kit and tune.

I will need to figure out sourcing for E85 but will an aftermarket header and tune still give me anything or is it only worth it with the E85?

Oh absolutely. Mind you the car does all sorts of things to pass epa regs. A off the shelf tune alone from open flash tablet gives you close to 10 horse. Headers and tune for 93 gives you at least 10.

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81493

Soon I'm going to get the flex fuel kit from delicioustuning. So my car can run off e85 and 93 and any mixture in between. And it will run the best tune according to the ethanol content. The delicious one is sweet cuz you don't go through your firewall to add a gauge or tap into your ecu. It blutoothe connects to your phone to show you your ethanol content and it has a new o2 sensor connector.

This is all incoherent as fuck but I'm going to the gym. I'll write you up a basic guide to the 200whp (about 170whp is stock) flex fuel toybaru when I get back.

btw, go catless header. Leave the rest of the exhaust alone. Catback exhaust bolt ons are for retards.

>catback exhaust
>hundreds of dollars
>loud af
>.5 horsepower gain

>catless headers on stock exhaust
>up to 10hp with tune
>still pretty darn quiet

>What should I expect on the drive home?
make way for the 15 year old merc/bmw diesels

Cut the exhaust off or rig some sort of microphone and speaker setup to amplify engine noise.

You'll want to hear yourself over the miatas and civics flying by you.

Supercharge it. You can still easily DD it. Those engines are solid as fuck.

Is it really that easy to "just supercharge it" though?

Easier than throwing in an engine that actually has power.

I need the cat because of emissions laws here in Ontario Canada -_-

It depends how you go about it. Installing it yourself is moderate difficulty assuming you know what you are doing. Shop is obviously going to cost more.

Watch out for dodge caravans and toyota siennas

Still slower than a mini van lmao

With e85 and a good tuner you may be able to clear the emissions test. You would need to set aside a tune for emissions testing. Look into the racerom for the BRZ. Just see if a tuner will be able to get you to pass standards. Other than that a high flow cat would be your second option.

youtube.com/watch?v=YM9zkGsA96w

Fuuuuuck you for spending money on a relatively new car and bot knowing JACK SHIT about it.

You're a mechanics dream but a car fans nightmare.

I'm not OP, I'm making the point that supercharging a toyobaru isn't as simple as paying $5k for a kit and bolting it on in an afternoon. Who's going to do the job? If he does it himself, does he have the right tools and space to do it? Considering that this is his DD, what is he going to use in the meantime?

>all these faggots who think fast is everything

Unless you drive at 180moh everywhere you go, you don't need a car to be super fast. It just needs to be fun and the toyobaru is the best drivers car out there right now.

OP expect to have a blast every single time you drive it. Even in heavy traffic. Also expect every godamn Genesis you find on the streets to try and race you.

>Those engines are solid as fuck.

kek no, people are snapping rods left and right.

>traffic
That is where it is worst man. The torque dip (canyon) sits right at typical overtaking and accelerating rpm

This. I't a blast every single time you drive it as long as you forgive 100 little things and remember you could pay 1x as much and just have 100 different little things to complain about unless you found your faithful unicorn.

And then there's the god damned torque dip. Did you shift around it that time earlier this week? Don't lie, no you didn't. The throttle sucked or it wouldn't go in to gear because it was cold out or you didn't want to wind it all the way up to 5k in traffic because that's loud and unnecessary and it wasn't warmed up yet and you were happy enough with life as it was. But then somebody wasn't a cat lady or turned off the road or hit the brakes at the the wrong time and now

T O R Q U E D I P

And you're back to wondering if headers and tune is really all it would take to worry about bigger things in life, or if you do want to kvetch about 100 things and pay 2x as much, or if you might as well get the supercharger kit while you're at and then have a car where banging the rev limiter means actually getting a little bit bonkers and not just a little bit noice. Decisions.