/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Blockbuster Edition
previous jej The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZBD2tcKOU4
youtube.com/watch?v=OsjG1aEdogw
youtube.com/watch?v=5UpriHcn_xs
youtube.com/watch?v=uAWDtXoDmqg
store.worldsadrift.com/
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

xth for firsth

anime

V8
V8
V8

nth for relativity is a sham

calcareous machinations
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZBD2tcKOU4

ynth for Veeky Forums culture lessons

nanosuit when?

So what is it?

When the synth muscles actually contract instead of being pulled off-stage.

Are orchestras in a box /egg/?
youtube.com/watch?v=OsjG1aEdogw
youtube.com/watch?v=5UpriHcn_xs

catgineering

>you will never get to burning

I used to have a (male) cat that I fed exclusively with chicken livers and pig hearts. I also supervised it poorly and let it go outside whenever, so it spent most of its time crushing its enemies and hearing the lamentations of their women. When it was about 8 years old it was legit arnold tier cat, huge, heavy and all muscle.

you are like leetle babby

youtube.com/watch?v=uAWDtXoDmqg

explodey bits go in the back

nice tofu delivery

Where do I start with Chode? It's just so overwhelming.

I guess start by just making a basic rocket and fly it

project orion

thanks user

I went a bit funny in the head and decided to build a broadsider with 24 500mm railguns with 8meter shells this better be good

>cover vehicle in chord machine guns
>try to accurately pick off enemy guns and wheels like i did when i first started playing
>everyone has tracks but me, somehow their vehicles all have 700+hp and these beestings don't do shit

>use a howitzer, try to pick off enemies from a distance
>usually end up dying after about two close range encounters

>fuck it, maximum aggression
>just two shotguns and some armor, never stop moving
>stick with the pack, ram the shit out of enemies and unload into their cab
>start tearing shit, regular MVP most kills and assists

i wish crossout was a little more varied.

>i wish crossout was a little more varied.

I play all all PS tiers. And at all tiers its pretty much the same meta. Dual cannons, shotguns, and drone/turret spam.

>driving around in 9000PS WAAAGGHH truck
>huge armored tank with multiple sidekick drones gets MVP and like 4 kills

>blacked.hole

Hard to believe people still play second life.

>Hard to believe people still play second life.
Easy if you don't have a first life.

That would explain why it's infested with furries

Early testing isn't going as well as I'd hoped

The 12 gun broadside isn't good enough (12 left and 12 right) so maybe 24 will be adequate?

dedski

>You can't ignore things that are part of "AI capability" just to make your argument stand
My bad, I see the phrasing is a bit ambiguous.

Vision hacks (seeing through fog of war) are plain cheating.
But I'm willing to say fuck that, give the AI vision hacks and it'll still take a beating from a mediocre silver player.
I am not ignoring part of AI capability to make my argument stand, I'm loosening the definitions in favour of the AI.
By doing this, my claim encompasses vidya AI which would otherwise be disqualified as cheaters, specifically because these things are very common.

>I hope you understand that if video game weren't made for the specific goal of making player feel superior, AI would win.
You're implying that game developers could easily make non-cheating AI that can give an adequate challenge against players of any skill level.
For some reason developers instead choose to make an entirely different game specifically to avoid having a good AI, which in turn could provide a good singleplayer experience.
Yes, I am implying that a challenging opponent is FUN, which I will back up by pointing to the massive popularity of games marketed as 'competitive'

>tfw I was placed bronze
>tfw it took hundreds of games before my first promotion straight to diamond

why does plen have whiskers?

You still fail to understand that am un-gimped AI means they will headshot you the exact frame your hitbox enters their view.

Trying to get worlds adrift but there is no buy button.
How the hell do you get to play early access games?

Limited keys by the looks of it
store.worldsadrift.com/

>Limited keys
wHy ThE fUcK dO dEvElOpErS kEeP dOiNg ThIs ShIt

Marketing

Probably little antennae.

The broadside gun setup required such a huge hull to float it almost defeats the purpose. There has to be a better way to get 24 500mm railguns trained on a single target

only with hitscan weapons
cskidfag gtfo

24 dronyet, each with 1 forward facing pewpew?

Interesting idea but the way railguns are coded in ftd they work off the total amount of battery power available so each drone would need the same size battery as the one on the battleship to get the same effectiveness as what they have now unfortunately.

Shield buster turrets fitted, location subject to change.

>each drone would need the same size battery as the one on the battleship to get the same effectiveness
>each drone
holy fuggggg

I dunno maybe there's a way to share power between vehicles I'm more of a one bote to rule them all guy so I haven't looked into it

This thing might actually turn out ok

24x500mm rails
9x293mm
6x225mm

It's probably going to sink once the armor goes on and require upwards thrust to stay afloat which is kinda gay but the only other option is to remove dakka. I want to add even more dakka not remove it

>tfw you remember that one time you tried to end it but couldn't find any pills and you had repressed the memory for like 10 years

>green arcadia
>fucking green
Really?

What is that green pirate ship?

>when you get reported for off topic
I thought we were friends /egg/

the arcadia
captain harlock

Are those coilguns? Why isn't your little raft disintegrated by the recoil

For extra cuteness

The green pirate ship is what happens when you have a copyright dispute on the original blue pirate ship which was much better looking.

>flag waving in space
fucking physicians

i was just in awe about how badly it's designed (not implemented, designed)

>he wouldn't add some way to make his spessflags flag to confound people

>literally venting oxygen to make your spess pirate spess flag do flag things
Never mind, definitely /ourguy/

not maintaining carefully engineered and (more or less) loseless bubble of air around your ship so your crew can easily fend off boarders in uncomfortable spess suits
would not stop orkz though

>Why isn't your little raft disintegrated by the recoil

I wish it was disintegrated by the recoil. That's why rem is so disappointing. They could have used it for something actually interesting like Battleships with big guns that required well-made structures to withstand the recoil but instead they want to use it for gay shit nobody is interested in,

>gay shit
what else could you have been expecting

>he needs air to wave his flag
nanobots embedded in the fabric emulating fluidic motion

nanomachines, son

Frankly I don't understand them. They go to all the trouble of translating one of those bridge-building simulators into something potentially cool but then they throw away all that potential by focusing on gay little spacecraft in zero g which don't really take advantage of the construction method they're using.

It would be much more fun and interesting with large, heavy vehicles that really test the rigidity of the structures you make

Hol up, that'sd definitely an FtD webm

He's complaining about how ftd has no recoil and how REM did but they wasted it.

No I'm complaining that ftd has massive recoil but vehicles can't be torn apart by stress while rem has the potential for vehicles to be torn part by stress but it's about gay little spaceships so it's wasted.

recoil damage then
fug

>while rem has the potential for vehicles to be torn part by stress but it's about gay little spaceships so it's wasted.
Spaceship are subject to Newton's Third Law too

But your ftd railgun bote didn't even budge

>spess ship game where ships need to actively counteract the recoil of their massive weapons and said recoil can even tear the ships apart
fund it

That seems to be the main premise of REM.

nope, it's just a 6DOF fighter with smol ships

And this, for some reason, has you eternally anusdevastated. Does the fact that a group of people who got fed up with starmade want to make a space game really make you that unfathomably angry?

I'm not the butthurt guy user
I'm still looking forward to REM, I'm well aware having something large scale is well beyond them considering only one of the REMfags is really doing the programming and even though they wrote an extension to unity's physx they're still using it.
REM can't be vertex based FtD but hopefully it can start something and more vertex based games can pop up.

*vertex based heavy physics sim games

REM has funding?

One for One
Dimaggio
Two for Two
Perfect Streak

PAGE TEN

Take a stock module and optimize it as much as possible. If you hit a wall with optimizing, check out the Solar System Organization Of Standardization thread on the forums in the Gameplay Discussion thread, they have a list of all the best materials for various modules.

Or better yet start with the campaign. Once you're in the part where you can start customizing you'll have some idea what you want to do.

Unless you unlock them manually (It's somewhere in the infolinks) ship and module design can only be unlocked by playing the campaign.

live

made in unity

Technically.
Some guy gave them 10 bux.

what the fuck is rem

I think it's a touhou character

best girl of course

>make recoilless guns
wow so hard

???

successfully funded a packet of fags for remanon

>automatization is a class this year
Factorio here i come.

smarty pants, how would you go making a recoilless gun (not missile launcher or gyrojet) in spess
take into account it's not the only gun, it's one of about 200 on a side of battylshippo

hmm...

you one of those, whatdayacallit... new peoples?
what brings you to this wretched hive of grease and machinery? cuckout maybe?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296
I can't wait to get nuked by nk

The same way they did it on earth: with a recoilless rifle system.

fuck cuckout

i just want to know what rem is
i know just about every other game but that

BIG