Has 2 power steering pumps

>has 2 power steering pumps
>both leak

why?

Attached: 2014_wk2_Limited_001.jpg (1296x900, 345K)

merican quality

fix it again tony

Attached: 1504650851439.png (554x544, 14K)

fucking jeeps, never again

Italianos taking over the car industry

Fuggedaboudit

Just Chrysler quality. Mopar is as good as no car.

Dios mio...

yeah lets keep pretending chrysler made reliable cars before fiat took over. I wouldn't be surprised if being owned by fiat actually made them more reliable

>has no power steering
>still leaks

Attached: 246306.jpg (1280x960, 266K)

If jaguar is Indian because they are owed by Tata, and Bugatti is german because they are owned by VW, then is Jeep Italian because they are owned by Fiat?

yes

>aunt bought a '17 Cherokee
>look up some specs
>shares the same chassis, and most engines (except the pentastar) with the Dodge dart
something about a jeep cherokee sharing that with a compact sedan is worrying

Well Fca owns dodge, jeep and Chrysler brands so Idk why you're surprised they're all sharing parts and shit

I think the surprise comes with the fact that a jeep shares the CHASSIS with the dart, not that parts are shared.

i knew that, but i would have expected some shared parts to come from something like a dodge suv, not a compact sedan. having a car with a weight in crown vic territory powered by a transverse I4 with that chassis sounds like bad news, thats all

You wouldn't because it's true, lol.
Jeep and Ram are finally making profit for the first time in a long long time.

>Ram are finally making profit for the first time in a long long time.
I've seen a few random pictures of american streets and was surprised by the amount of these ram-rebadged fiat doblos on US street.

Mexican quality**

Kek

>having a car with a weight in crown vic territory powered by a transverse I4 with that chassis sounds like bad news, thats all

You just described the modern crossover, welcome to 2018

Attached: IMG_2565.jpg (355x355, 22K)

Funny you mention it, the Grand Cherokee has become a much better car since Fiat bought it from Mercedes.
The Cherokees are a shithouse crossover, but the Grand Cherokees are decent when they're not running over their owners. The current WK2 Grand Cherokee platform was developed by Jeep under instruction from Mercedes as a shared platform with the ML Class before Fiat took over.

Electric power steering. Nice meme my dude.

>the Grand Cherokee has become a much better car since Fiat bought it from Mercedes.
The wk was mighty fucking aweful so they had no where to go but up.

My wk ownership experience was so bad I will not only never buy a Chrysler product, I will not buy an American car* or even a car made in America. The Jeep Grand Cherokee turned me off from the entire u.s. auto manufacturing sector.

*I would buy a Vette or viper.

Make no mistake the WK was shithouse and susceptible to Daimler era quality control... As you're well aware. The WK2 was leaps and bounds ahead, but as you said there wasn't really anywhere to go but up. Having said that I'd specifically hunt for an MY14 or later just to get the ZF 8 speed box and forget the earlier ones that still had a Mercedes 5 speed.

I dunno about the Dart thing, since the dart was the old Neon, right? Anyway.....the MB ML the Dodge Durango and I think the Nitro shared the chassis geometry.....maybe the Nitro was the Liberty?

We have a 2014. The alternator just left us stranded...and everything is electric ...no physical key...cant shift when no power......some jack ass showed you could hax the thing through the UConnect system and cause it to die and driver loses control. Weird battery location...

On the pro side, it drives pretty nice and has a 26 gallon tank which will go a long fucking way with the v6....

full time mechanical 4 wheel drive is weird....no low range....so its not like a subaru but not like a wrangler either....

If I am honest, I wanted a jeep that did better than the wrangler on the road. It does that in some ways, but at too great a cost. I cannot see why these things cost as much as they do. The high horse power one maxes out at close to $70k mine was bare bones except the 4wd and was $34k....

The only one that I thought was really cool was the trail hawk version....rare as a unicorn and almost $55k.....ugh....

Attached: trig.jpg (731x720, 318K)