What would you do, Veeky Forums?

Let's say you've got up to 40k to spend on a vehicle that you were going to live with every day for the next decade. What would you buy? Would you spend nearly all of it on a brand new or nearly new ride, or get something under budget and pocket the rest for repairs and/or upgrades? I think I'd get a new GTI myself, maybe blow most of the budget on the Autobahn trim since I'd be stuck with it for the next 10 years.

Attached: volkswagen-golf-gti-performance-1.jpg (1920x960, 249K)

A motorcycle probably. I really fucking like the looks of the new Triumph T100.
Unlike cars motorcycle aesthetics don't age and unlike cars you're actually allowed to take off what you dont like most of the time and noone will bat an eye.

I went and ordered a new CTR last week. So that's what I did with my 40k.

Attached: image.jpg (600x338, 98K)

Lightly used WRX STI.

Attached: Subaru1.jpg (1896x1062, 811K)

> a vehicle that you were going to live with every day for the next decade.
But like, why? Why do I have to be stuck with the same car for so long? Just trade it in on a new one after 3 or 4 years.

It blows my mind that people are paying $40k for this when the faster and more fun and better looking RS exists.

I looked at the RS, but I didn't feel it was worth an extra 14k.

Oh you most live in an irrelevant country with made up money. Nevermind.

lol

Ouch user, ouch.

>up to 40k
Pic related, GT signature edition.
Literally my reasonable dreamcar and with a little bit of luck I'll get it next year, should be a little cheaper by then too. Of course, I'm going to buy this from deutschland, because fuck european car prices.

Attached: 2018-Mazda-6.jpg (850x464, 122K)

Would probably be a truck/SUV. They are just too handy not to have.

Stop kidding yourself. You're not going to keep it 10 years. 40k could buy you a fleet of more interesting cars.

you can get a fair bit of car for £40k, so I might get something nice for £30k and keep ten grand for repairs over the decade
to that end, a 30k manual 340i

God, I love Soul Red.

Attached: 1496351458402.jpg (388x372, 64K)

I'm just worried the paint will get faded over time, much like the white interior because of that
Still though, Soul Red best girl.

I'd buy a cute shitbox and just keep rubbing the leftover funds on it to solve all the problems it would surely develop.

40k gets me some granny's 2005 Camry with barely any miles for like 6k, then I have 34k to spend on a third gen supra sunglasses and weed.

Fuck, what do I do with the other 22k?

Attached: what to do.gif (431x227, 1.68M)

First gen bronco, 363 stroker with small afr 165 heads and a small duration camshaft with port fuel injection and MAF. 6 speed manual mated to an NP205 transfer case. Retrofit 134a air conditioner with modern aluminum rad and heater core and a little bit of insulation and noise dampening in the cab. I would choose the backseat option over the pickup cab. Put some 33 inch all terrains on it and daily every day

I'd get a lightly used late model 4x4 1 ton diesel truck in a trim level just above base because I dislike all the trendy electronic crap.

The only options I want are a/c, power windows/brakes/steering, and towing stuff like a trans cooler and trailer brake controller.

Other than that, give me a cloth bench seat, normal key, and a basic radio that doesn't hold all the other controls hostage so I can replace it with something aftermarket.

I'd spend probably 20-25k on the truck and the rest on mods. Full sound system, lift/wheels/tires, gears and lockers, and misc stuff like lights, bumpers, winch, etc.

And if it's allowed in this situation I'd buy a dualsport moto as a backup vehicle. About 3k for an already-plated XR400.

I need it for truck stuff because I moonlight as a handyman for people I know and I'm almost done with college so I'll be getting a big boy job and buying a house in the country ASAP. Also need the 4x4 because I love to hunt and fish and do other off-roady stuff. I won't let it be a mall-crawling brodozer I promise.