/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

END Yourself edition

Has base Endurance >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>tfw no real life threaded cane

Someone made a real life saw cleaver but I'm not sure how the cane would be feasible.
Even the cleaver needed two hands to trick it and wield it for the guy who made it and he was an actual blacksmith so he was muscled too.

>tfw no real life Whirligig Saw

Thanks for the help guys this ARC build is a pain in the ass.

I think for the cleaver, a lighter metal would have to be used. If the game already has meteorite metal in it, I imagine the saw Hunter weapons are made of something unique as well.

PURGE FILTH

I hate chalice dungeons

True, I just examined the threaded cane up close in my game to try and figure out how it could work.
For the whip mode the shaft actually splits apart into sections, which makes sense, and they all seem to be connected to this odd thing in the centre.
Honestly I have no idea what the thing in the centre could be made of, it stays rigid when not in use but can flex out when swung.
Unlike the saw cleaver and other mundane weapons I don't think we can make this one in real life.

Actually, while the mechanism would be complicated, it is possible to make a thick wire that one could control with the canes handle to make rigid and loose whenever they feel the need to.

Anyone able to help me slap up maria?
I'm outside her fog gate at lamp

Pass bbg

What kind of material would the central wire need to be made of, I'm curious now.

Thanks guys

Coming

It could be as simple as a carbon fiber. The handle would have to be twisted to cause the wire to tighten or loosen. It wouldn't look as flashy or smooth as in game, but it's possible, especially since somewhat ridgid whip swords have been made in the past.

Done already

Fuck this Church Hunter build. I've been spoiled by my Saw Hunter weapons as well as the Old Hunter ones. Guess I'll take a break from this character and start a new one that'll let me actually enjoy the game.

I don't no why I didn't think of carbon fibre, so what keeps the shaft together in cane mode? Magnets?

It would have to be magnets, unless tapping it on the ground like you do in-game would allow it to lock in place somehow. Let's say each individual blade had ridges in them that could allow them to lock together. It could be done, but it'd be super flimsy if you couldn't hit it right.

So, cool but impractical.
Honestly weapons with as many moving parts as in Bloodborne all follow that formula, cool but too impractical to actually use. The blood would catch between the ridges of the cane and stop it from connecting back up, blood would get in the mechanisms all the time really.

That's what I like about the weapons in the game actually. They're so impossible looking, but the game manages to make them seem real. Even boring ones like the Kirkhammer and LHB seem so cool.

Oh yeah, I love that about the game too, because someone comes along and brings up making one of the weapons and sets my mind going on trying to figure out how to make it work.

Anyone available to help me kill Orphan of Kos?
Im at the light house lamp post
Pass bbg

good afternoon bbg

What's the future like?

Thanks for the carry guys

it's pretty normal, just raining

how do you know he's not in the past?

Holy shit why do they hate ARC builds so much anons?

There is just so many hours of shit to get through to make it worth.

I always find them the most rewarding
They also have the most varied possible setups
Dabbling into the arcane might be tough but it's worth it
Except when you have to farm BA hunters

bbg on the left

>Farm
>BA Hunters
I literally have a file where I farmed them for 10 hours got hundreds of gems and STILL NOT ONCE have they ever dropped a single arc gem for me. I would rather farm the mats for both frc isz and frc pu than farm BA Hunters even one more time.

pretty much

This has no doubt been asked/ talked about here before so sorry in advance;
Which of Lovecrafts writings does Bloodborne draw from. I just finished Rats in the Walls which Darkest Dungeon was partly inspired by and it was great. I want more.

Some of the weapons at least would work irl without issue, such as BoM and Rakuyo, which are literally just two weapons stuck together by way of magnets and a locking mechanism.

What I'd fucken love to see is an irl bowblade. If there's any weapon in this game that gets my noggin' jogging as to just how the hell it could work, it's that.

can anyone give me a hand with lower pthumeru Rom layer 3?
Ringan at the lamp, pass is fuckspiders

none, lovecraft is just a thematic inspiration

I can halp. Gimme a min to boot up

Arcane primaries in isz for them will drop probbaly once every 10 kills
A useable gem with decent secondary probably every 50 kills (average for me)
A useable arcane radial with arcane secondary?
Don't even bother

scratch that pass is just "spiders"

ringing.

also ringing

I just say fuck it and get me some decent flat arc gems which drop from the brain suckers in FRC PU pretty often as well as the first boss for FRC Isz

Damage isn't the best.
I'm taking from a non-oos arcane gem setup, like for the parasite
Speaking of Oos, does anyone know if HA+15 and two 24+15 temperings abyssals (one out of shape) be good for the wirligig? I figure the extra flat damage would be good for holding down L2

squished that spider
thanks bruhs
it's been a while and I'm super rusty

I wasn't able to actually get in, anyone else need help?

The Shadow over Innsmouth and The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath inspired certain areas very directly. Otherwise, the inspirations are too subtle and can;t be pinned down.

When I was younger, so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in any way. But now these days are gone, I'm not so self-assured. Now I find I've changed my mind, I've opened up the door!

yeah managed to get 2 people in, had to afk for a sec because pizza got here early but yeah
fucker only managed to teleport once

Let's kill Ludwig on my remade meme character
Pass is bbg
By the fog, pizza cutters welcome

ringing

Thanks bloodletter friend and bruce
I'll ring in 10 or so for Maria and co, if you'd like

You can say my name, I don't mind

Ok sorry, just been careful of it because you didn't want to last name. Thanks for the help :^)

Get fucked fucking namefag, fuck off back to fucking reddit

you sworn enough there bud

What the motherfucking fuck you fucking motherfucking motherfucker, go fucking fuck yourself you motherfucking piece of fucking fuck.

I didn't know AVGN posted on bbg

Maria is being an absolute bitch and I have no idea why im having trouble with this fucking slut.

password is bully

Just bully her puffy vulva with your whirligig good hunter

coming

He'd rather have an Amygdala vomit steaming acid sludge into his ears
He'd rather eat out the rotten asshole of an Undead Giant and down it with blood

Is Maria a Choirslut?

Thanks user

does someone have the undead giant sex copypasta

Ringing by failures fog now, pass is still bbg

ring a ding ding dong

And Maria now

Thanks buds, we'll do Kosm in 20

Anyone up for Isz? Pass is smash

is 60 a viable coop level for byrgenwerth? or should i coop somewhere else?

It's alright for burgertown, you can get summoned by BL34-100

>triangle tempering abyssals exist
what the fug

mmh, thanks, i've been ringing for about 15 mins but still no summons, is it just the area? should i try the woods? i just need quick vermins desu

They're not as good as Watchers' Temperings though.

Probably just the area, it's pretty active for invasions but maybe not so much for co-op. I usually ring near the door before Useless Old Man, you could try DLC areas. SRRC should be active too if you're deep into Chalice Dungeons.

>Dream-quest to Unknown Kadath
I don't think any area is inspired by that story but the way Dreamlands work I guess

He's gonna take you to back to the Isz
To farm shitty gems that aren't worth piss
Just Augur her shit up

The flat damage wouldn't outdo the extra 5%?

heh, i just got a summon, maybe i'll just wait for more, since the area is little and rom is easily killed in 2+

Nope, even a perfect gem is a few points worse than a 27.2

Guess an out of shape BLB gem is required

>almos all Watcher gems are always better than their respectable Abyssals
>tfw no adept/tempering abyssals that are worth farming
MIYAZAKIIIIIIIII

Radial tempering abyssals have a place

Anyone up for Orphan?
password is bbg

Alright I'm at orphan now, changed pass to bbg3
In case other user is still beckoning
ringing by fog

Is it just me or does whirligig lose durability like crazy?

have you got any gems that reduce durability?

THIS is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Yeah but even then, no weapon I've used with such gems before has worn out so fast. Is it because muh multi-hit attacks?

>Is it because muh multi-hit attacks?
yes
lots of hits+reduced durability = weapons breaking quickly

I got it done
help this user instead