Which one will it be Veeky Forums?

Which one will it be Veeky Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault (16).jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSZuXcV4hDQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5eom_l71wI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not a boy racer anymore

STI

This is the only right answer for a modern ricer hatchback

youtube.com/watch?v=HSZuXcV4hDQ

>hating subarus just because they're popular

Except it's not a hatchback. It's also a piece of shit. STI haven't been good in almost a decade.

Golf R

They're only popular because they're good on paper spec-wise but they're actually horrible (Horrible paint quality, horribly thin sheetmetal, horrible plasticky interiors...).

No one with a single brain cell would buy an ugly hot hatch that isn't actually a hatch over an RS, only American vapebros buy them and only because they get to brag about what 'WRX' stands for. Laughably pathetic.

Attached: 1520072371880.jpg (477x539, 15K)

Fucking Civic is just so expensive to be FWD. Golf R is overpriced but at least it has AWD potential even if it's still a shitty Haldex system. Only real advantage anyone can give the Honda is that the ride quality is better, so if that's the only thing you care about, then sure.

But which one holds more status in the college parking lot?

the sti has had the same drivetrain for years

the type r because they're difficult to get right now unless you pay a huge markup

Neither because college students are fucking retarded. They think a base model V6 Challenger is better than any thing in this class.

But it is tho.

The one that is faster and btfo the competition around the track

>Pigfat
>Only 2 seats
>Impractical
>looks like compensation

Yeah no

Ford is for boy racers. Hondas are dor heads of states

Attached: AE8285EA-48FF-40AA-A6FB-D73256601A75.jpg (1024x573, 72K)

>Ford is for boy racers. Hondas are dor heads of states
Well... it is a race car so...

Am college student. Can confirm I like the Challenger, exhaust note on the Hellcat makes me diamonds, but I honestly would have a first gen Honda CR-V over one.

>Well... it is a race car so...
A real racecar doesn't overheat after a couple laps at the track

Feel like Honda missed the point with the FK2
A turbo Type R is just wrong to me, call me stupid or whatever but if a Type R isn't a stripped out VTEC screamer then what is it?

FK8, sorry

If the civic wasn't so damn ugly I would choose it, but Honda decided to let a 12yo design it

>gear grinding vs blowing head gaskets
This is why I drive panther grandpa cars.

I rode in a new one with some mild work done to it at an autocross recently. I was blown away by the speed (and the handling was quite good too, not as good but very acceptable).

I'm guessing you know very little on the topic.

>looks like compensation
lol and a type R isn't??

I'd take the Honda and spend money de-ricing it to make it look like a normal car again.

v6 challengers are extremely slow

Type-R for sure

Attached: IMG_2930.jpg (1900x1266, 297K)

Might as well just buy a Si coupe and tune it.

is the golf r actual awd or is it like the focus rs?

nismo sentra

Attached: 2017-nissan-sentra-nismo-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-672600-s-original.jpg (1280x782, 151K)

Type R if I'm going to be driving it frequently on the street. The Focus RS is way overdampened for poorly-maintained North American roads.
My biggest concern with the Type R are the supposed gear grinds. We will see how this transmission fares.

gen 4 mazda 3 with the turbo 2.5 from a cx9

It's a Gen V Haldex system.

>fwd ricer 4banger shitboxes
no thanks

Attached: 98E9AA6B-6AC2-4C56-9AE6-8B45D7A9D8A0.jpg (3092x1738, 689K)

>driving front wheel drive cars
why are you even here?

>>>>>>>>>

a base impreza is an infinite amount more fun to drive than even a riced out super civic

Attached: wowwwwww.jpg (980x551, 120K)

Yes they are both AWD

>Pigfat
Can't argue with you there
>Only 2 seats
It actually does have a back seat, and unlike the Mustang or Camaro it's actually usable
>Impractical
It actually has pretty decent storage and there's at least an AWD trim which neither of it's competitors have. (Although the AWD can only be gotten with the V6)
>looks like compensation
To be honest so do most of the hot hatches with their ricer-tier spoilers, even if they are functional. At least the Challenger looks kind of intimidating which makes it pretty masculine.

Attached: EngineLeavesThisGayEarth.jpg (480x483, 30K)

Agreed

It's like they wanted to make a good car or something

its 2018 people actually want torque

People who say the RS is too harsh are pussies desu
t. Dailies one

>BUT MUH VTEC SMOKED IT
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5eom_l71wI

Golf R

Attached: 1518676606329.png (750x600, 271K)

Attached: 29366307_389726988168579_5552616449928855552_o.jpg (994x807, 71K)

At the prices they go for, neither
There are so many better cars at that price point

>b-b-but muh laptimes
Grow up

RS. How can you look at the Civic and think "That doesn't look overdone"

>Grow up
Sorry some of us enjoy driving and like fun cars. Not everyone sees a car as an appliance for driving from A to B like you.

>only factory riced econoboxes can be fun

Then you shouldnt make a decision based on a marketed laptime either.

People who actually drive roadcourses or HPDEs and enjoy driving enough to commit more time than an aggressive 6/10 on ramp run dont really give two flying fucks about magazine marketed times or fastest lap databases.

Some do, but they are usually douchebags in the novice group who bought the car based off a magazine time, think the car is going to drive itself at such a blistering pace that everyone will have to give them the point by, but then hold up the entire fucking group because they really do have to know how to drive after all.

>econobox
What the fuck does that mean anymore? Is the RS still an econobox even though it has great suspension, a stiff chassis, torque vectoring, and 350hp?

Does it simply refer to the size of the car, if so, why would a small car be worse than a big one for fun?

You know it's bad when the STI will make you look the least like a fucking knob.

Literally just souped up economy cars

>What is an econobox?
>”an econobox”

Are you the kid that thinks his Civic is a sports car?

Are you the kid that doesn’t know what an argument is?

t. Kid you took another's point of view as a personal assault

Your D series powered Civic isn't a sportscar, kiddo

Im still waiting for you to come up with am argument old man

The argument is that there are better cars you can buy for the prices those souped up economy cars go for
>but they're actually sports cars guise!

I’m asking you to tell me what defines an ‘econobox’ and why the Focus RS is no different from an ‘econobox’

Literally just a Focus underneath which is an econobox for $35k+
Meanwhile for the same price you can get a Mustang GT with the performance pack

lmao this thread

First it’s not ‘literally’ a focus underneath. It has many braces and chassis reiforcements for rigidity. It’s about 30% stiffer than a Focus, which is already probably the stiffest ‘econobox’. A mustang is not going to rival it in terms of rigidity, and in turns handling.

The mustang GT is going to have about the same lap time as an RS but it’s pigfat, the RS is going to be more fun in anything except muh donuts.

The focus is more practical, and is more suited for the track as it’ll have better cooling.

Any retard can buy chassis bracing and slap it on to stiffen up a car. The Mustang itself is already a really stiff car, stiffer than you'd think it is
Even the last gen had a much greater torsional rigidity than a track day special S2000 or 370z

>better cooling
Yeah, it needs it because of the sheer amount of boost that little engine has to suffer just to make some power
Mustangs have adequate cooling until you get to 600hp+ Shelbys which are geared more towards drag races

>pig fat
The Focus RS weighs nearly 3500lbs. The Mustang GT doesn't weigh much more than that which making a lot more power

The focus is designed and built in Germany, you cant park a bus in the panel gaps of the focus

>The biggest reason it is built in Germany is because the 2 previous iterations of of the Focus RS were built at the same plant. There is a Focus plant in Michigan, but the RS physically would not fit down the assembly line.

>First it’s not ‘literally’ a focus underneath
It is a focus underneath. It's retrofitted with awd and has everything a focus had

Fuck you

If I wanted my cum back I would have wiped it off your mom's chin

>focus rs
>fwd

Attached: 060F2464-E518-4FF3-9941-B72C74812BFC.jpg (640x635, 59K)

It is fwd. Remember it's a retrofitted focus and an awd system that only kicks in if you lose traction on the front wheels. For all intents and purposes it's no different than a fucking crv with an on demand awd system

Basically what you see underneath is an exact copy of the regular focus st. Then you get this really skinny shitty drive shaft that goes to the rear to a really dinky differential. If Ford gave a shit about making a good car that didn't overheat or blow headgaskets they would have used a bigger differential and a larger shaft. But they didn't it's completely jury rigged like this for no reason other than to sell a gimmick like "tork vectoring"

Jesus Christ I can practically taste your buyer's remorse

>What the fuck does that mean anymore? Is the RS still an econobox even though it has great suspension, a stiff chassis, torque vectoring, and 350hp?

Yes. It's based off a 15,000 economy platform. There is only so much lipstick you can put on it. You act like torque vectoring is a good thing. And the AWD system is obviously an afterthought.

No he is the guy that just bought a focus RS and made a thread telling everyone it's the best car for 30k. He honestly believes it though

>Meanwhile for the same price you can get a Mustang GT with the performance pack
You actually can not. Both the RS and GT started out at $35k. And even then the Mustang isn't "much better".

>only kicks in if you lose traction on the front wheels.
Wrong. Educate yourself.

The Focus RS actually starts at over $40k now

No, the RS2 package is $40k and then blue is an extra $500. If you get those options then it's $41k but that doesn't make it a $41k car. I could say the Mustang is a $65k car because the GT350R is $65k.

For 2018 you can only buy the RS2 package, so it's a $40k car

No, the 2018 is a $40k because it comes standard with the RS2 package but that doesn't make the RS a $40k car. The MSRP on a base model RS is $35k. So it's a $35k car.

You literally can't buy the base model $35k car any more, you have to buy the $40k RS2

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-20-08-52-23-845_com.android.chrome.png (1080x1920, 960K)

>it's a $35k car because Ford made the higher trim standard at a higher price

Attached: 1507128313930.png (645x730, 27K)

>muh economy car

I never understood this mindset. Old skyline GTR’s used to have cheaper base models too, does that make them economy cars?

But that doesn't retcon history. So in 2 years when they aren't sold anymore, will people look back at the RS as a $40k car? No. Because it was $35k. Or I guess by your logic in 2019 the RS won't exist anymore.
By the way this entire exercise in pedantry is pointless because "there's better cars for the price" guy doesn't have any examples of cars that are better for the price. The Mustang? Sidegrade. Better in some ways, worse in others. Not an overall improvement. In this class, you only have the RS, STI, Golf R, and Type R, all of which nearly identical in price and performance.

Are an aspie?

Just curious

Are you the kid that doesn’t know what an argument is?

>it's fwd

nope

Attached: __synth_original_drawn_by_iahfy__7812005adcdffa7f5e9b3d639a6f5a7f.png (700x906, 507K)

Im not the one arguing with you

I just think 35 vs 40 is trivial infomation and no one really cares about the original msrp of cars

No because they were RWD and had some emphasis on handling

So I can buy a $35k 2018 Focus RS
Fucking assburgers I swear

Yeah, you probably could, not that it matters because you probably can't afford even $30k

Someone cared enough to bring it up in the first place and center their entire argument over the price in the first place. If you don't want responsibility for participating in an argument, then maybe keep your nose out of it next time.

Nice assumptions

Weapons grade autism

Is the BMW 3 series an economy car? Sure there are base models, but I wouldn't classify them as economy.

Economy cars are those that were developed from the start to be very affordable (aka cheap). Cars like the golf, civic, focus all have souped up versions from the factory but they are built on an economy car chassis. >"there's better cars for the price" guy doesn't have any examples of cars that are better for the price. The Mustang? Sidegrade. Better in some ways, worse in others
Aside from cargo capacity how is the focus better than a mustang GT?

It looks better, seats 4, is faster around twisties than the equivalent priced mustang, does’t make you look like you have a small dick, is more exclusive.

Weapons-grade not an argument.

The other guy kinda nailed it but yeah, bigger backseats, more cargo space, AWD, well, looks are subjective but being rare is definitely cool too. Performance between the 2 are so similar that it's basically do you like 2 doors or 5. RS is more readily tunable if you're into that.

>”it’s based on an economy car”
That’s some shitty argument to be expected from auto-journalists who want to appear critical, or straight-up staceys who give a shit what other people think of you. Not an argument an ethusiast should present. The Focus RS is an awesome car only people who give a damn about cars and not social status can appreciate

Attached: A8F38026-529B-4BBF-898E-402ABD0FA1BE.png (1680x1050, 2.72M)