Im looking at getting either:

Im looking at getting either:

Toyota Celica: 4/5th-7th gen

Mitsubishi Eclipse: 2nd-3rd gen

what should I look out for in either model? would there be a better alternative?

(my budget is 5k)

Attached: 2004_toyota_celica_gt-pic-54476-1600x1200.jpg (604x453, 79K)

Bump for interest

Attached: 1508480057727.jpg (900x1255, 919K)

Celica is more reliable and the parts are cheaper and more available than the Eclipse
7th gen if you want a modern-ish car. 4th gen if you want the 80s aesthetic and 5th gen if you want the 90s aesthetic.
7th gen GTS is the quickest of them all but harder to find in manual.

Another alternative is the Integra and the RSX(integra)
Or Civic Si

what are your requirements?

whichever one you pick, make sure you get the AWD.

Celica GTS is an all around great car , avoid the Automatic it's really sluggish . Manual is the way to go , as the other person stated Manuals are really hard to find in good condition. At least here in California . They're very reliable cars not exactly the fastest but they are pretty quick once that 2zz hits lift .

something just a little sporty, FWD/AWD is a plus

really just want a cool 2 seater to daily with

You cant really buy an AWD celica with your budget unless if you get one in poor condition
But for 5k, you have plenty of options. In addition to what was stated above, you can also get some RWD cars like a 350Z, G35, 300ZX Turbo, and some more. You can even get an E36 if you can afford to fix it

civic SI
man even though it doesnt look good it beats all the other options

Is this some sort of gay fanfic?

On the next page he turns him over and pulls down his pants, then on the next page it shows him putting the hose in jeremy's butt and giving him a cold water enema. Its a show about cars

Civic Si, small fast and you actually get huge windows to see out of and room to hold shit, celicas are cramped feeling in comparison.

The dash shifter looks weird but it's actually god tier and allows for incredibly quick shifts.

Attached: 2011-01-23_15-16-02_246.jpg (1024x575, 106K)

Both are for high school girls

Please don't get a third gen eclipse. It's so disappointing.

I'm a Toyota shill most of the time, but there's no denying that any option that includes the 4G63 is likely the best one.

+1 for this, just get a Civic or an RSX

Bump for civic si

Attached: 2018-03-18 20.19.21.jpg (2981x1676, 2.49M)

>says you can buy turbo 300zx, g35 or 350z
>says e36 is a tricky one
The hell dude, since when e36 is in any possible way more expensive than any of those? E36 parts are literally sold in weight, not pieces. Fixing one is dead easy

Op here

I’ve only been looking at EG Hatches, I wouldn’t be able to work on a car and I feel like a civic would be a car I’d like to work on

Dissapointing how though? Speed and HP isn’t really an issue, I’m going to uni soon and would just rather have a sporty two seater so I’m not hit with the “Muh rides” from my friends

I’d rather an integra than an RSX to be honest

6 speed CL Type-S. I have one and it's decently quick, reliable, and comfortable. The 6 speeds are a little harder to find, and the auto trans is supposed to be garbage so I'd stay away from those.

Attached: IMG_20171109_1345242.jpg (3226x2420, 3.13M)

>7th gen GTS is the quickest of them all but harder to find in manual.
Not if you get an All-Trac. Besides, 7th gen Celica is one of the most uncomfortable cars ever. Spend twenty minutes in one, and you'll understand.

Celica: bad mods, worn to shit
Eclipse: all models after the 2nd gen are ugly as sin

Any better alternatives then?

Can confirm. I own a 7th Gen. Handles great for a FWD but otherwise not comfy at all.

Bump

My father owns one as a weekend car, and he let me borrow it when I had to do a few repairs on my daily. Jesus christ, is it the worst thing I've been in. Everything is hard plastic, if you're over 5'9", good luck finding leg room. The back seats are a joke, the visibility is next to nothing. It's a fucking mess, and I have no clue how Toyota went from the ST205 to that steaming pile of garbage.