Roadkill

>start show on YouTube
>Get a decent fanbase
>Start other shows
>Get more fans
>Get popular
>Alienate a good chunk of that fanbase by forcing them to pay for a subscription for all of their shows in the name of money
>Make a video announcing this decision, but disable comments and ratings
>Profit?

The fuck even just happened?

Attached: Roadkill-logo (1).png (605x138, 7K)

motor trend has always been a subscription service. read a fucking magazine sometime

Attached: file.png (571x419, 327K)

Attached: arbeit macht freidburger.webm (330x220, 85K)

>read a fucking magazine sometime
Fuck that. Journalism is not good enough to pay for it. And mags nowdays don't bring stuff like posters, calendars, etc...

They stopped putting full episodes on YouTube, it's all MTOD subscription now. Yeah they're a company and can do whatever the holy fuck they want with their content, but it's still alienating their fanbase.

And everyone thought the Dodge sponsorship sucked dick.

Even MTOD is not good enough to pay for it.

the jews didn't pay their webdev enough I guess

Attached: JQyQIJ.png (1196x1279, 668K)

>Make a video announcing this decision, but disable comments and ratings
they not only did that but disabled comments on every single video on their channel, including stuff from years ago

Guess they got tired of everyone hating on MTOD.

Its undefined because they expect you to send them a blank check

>All new episodes of your favorite shows will now live exclusively on the Motor Trend Website and Apps. And, for our loyal YouTube followers, you can get our best offer ever – for the next 10 days you can sign up to enjoy exclusive automotive content, ad-free, for just $2.99/month. Click the link above for our Best Offer Ever!

That's pretty fucking shitty, and I've been watching roadkill since whatever the cheap truck one with the Bronco and Suburban was.

welp gg

> in the name of money

you know shows are expensive to make right

They don't HAVE to nail a $5,000 crate motor to an old buick then try to drive it 8,000 miles without a radiator.

>not understanding what motor trend is
>thinking roadkill was created in isolation

true but that's why we watch it. it wouldn't be entertaining if they always did things the smart way

I prefer the episodes where they have fun with cheap junk, I don't give two shits about putting a hellcat in everything.

Motortrend has been sub based its whole existence.

Why let the Jewtube make money off them?

I still subscribe to Hot Rod because it's like 70 cents an issue. That's fucking cheaper than toilet paper.

>Sundefined.

>I don't give two shits about putting a hellcat in everything.
>everything
>one car

We will never stop uploading to YouTube guys roadkill will always be free guys. Just wait that extra month guys. give us $5 guys.

>I still subscribe to Hot Rod because it's like 70 cents an issue.
>That's fucking cheaper than toilet paper.
It's ironic that Hot Rod has more paper content, the material in Hot Rod costs money to produce, yet the toilet paper is more expensive. Must be a lot of profit margin in making toilet paper.

Did they not see what happened to Drive and that it is fucking dead now? Or do they think their fanbase is much bigger / more loyal than it is and they are think of themselves on the same level as The Grand Tour etc?

This will end horribly. Either they will come crawling back to youtube, or they will fade to obscurity.

>We will never stop uploading to YouTube

well not anymore