I just bought this 2010 Audi A4 I'm going to do a timing service, new coil packs and plugs...

I just bought this 2010 Audi A4 I'm going to do a timing service, new coil packs and plugs, can brackets etcetera while I'm at the timing service, carbonklean, then I'm going to throw in a high flow downpipe and a stage 2 ECU tune at 93 octane.

Total cost will be market value of the car plus about $2,500. Going from 211 horsepower up to 290 some horsepower. Thoughts?

Attached: 636277768104434566.jpg (640x480, 51K)

>spending 6k on a car you just bought

Idiots

Would you buy an audi. Repairs are expensive and the 2.0l turbo is a shitty engine

Maybe I misspoke $2,500 is the total cost of everything on top of the cost of the car. Maybe add on a couple hundred bucks more for the ECU tune software

The 2 liter turbo is a great engine it's remained largely unchanged and its application from 2009 to up to 2016, really the only flaw was between 2009 and 2012 with that timing chain tensioner bullshit but if Opie does a timing service replacing the tensioner with the updated tensioner he's all set

Don't listen to the haters

Bought a GIAC setup for my car, it made a world of difference performance-wise, but you lose a fair chunk of mileage.

May as well get a high-flow cat from 034 Motorsports as well.

How are the brakes? Love me some Akebono European-spec pads and Zimmerman rotors

Attached: IMG_1630.jpg (4433x3391, 3.78M)

>timing belt change
is it due?
>new coil packs
does it need them? Are they existing ones not working?
>plugs
Again, are they due?

Why are you throwing so much money at a car needlessly? If it actually does need all that, why did you buy it? I hope it was cheap. If it doesn't, just leave the damn thing alone. Christ Americans are idiots. I bet you will be changing the oil every 4k too.

The brakes are amazing. The rotors on this car are huge.

Well it's a timing chain so...

But the main point of the timing service is to replace the outdated timing chain tensioner with the upgraded version. Coil packs are $30 a piece for a brand new set that runs at a temperature lower and comes with a warranty. Plugs were replaced so that I can have a custom gap of .028

If you haven't already, get a couple 32GB HCSD cards are load them up with your favorite tunes, the MMI interface is pretty sweet.

I had a coil pack go bad, kill the spark plug, and needed the engine rebuilt, New packs and plugs are cheap insurance

Attached: 2016-08-18 17.35.17.jpg (2048x1536, 889K)

Wow how much did that cost, I've never heard of a failed ignition device causing a rebuild

About $5,400, $3,200 of that was removing the engine and putting it back in. They also replaced the timing chain and cleaned out the carbon while they were at it. This was a tuning shop, not a dealership

What happened was either the pack or plug went bad, and it caused the insulation to shatter, the ceramic bits scraped up the cylinder wall to the point where compression was about half of normal and I was burning a quart of oil every 300 miles.

Managed to get away with honing the cylinder walls and new rings. Alternative would've been bigger pistons and an overbore.,

Attached: 2016-08-18 17.35.01.jpg (2048x1536, 888K)

Damn dude that's like the engine version of final destination

Own a 2k7 a4b7 brd engine. I have problems with the turbine leaking oil into the intercooler. Piece of scrap german trash, never again.
The turbo alone is somehwere around 2k euros. The car has just under 130k kilometers.

Keep it stock faggot. You could've bought a supercharged jag xf or e550 if you wanted more power. And those are correct wheel drive and don't have a shitty vw engine.

>Old man unreliable crap
>Outdated slow unreliable piece of crap
Top kek m8 really showing your green there. How's high school?

is it at least the quattro?

>audi driver talking down on someone
I guess if you hit rock bottom of retardedness, poorfaggotry and badgewhooring shit car it might seem like youre on top

That, and the massive oil consumption

Even though i own an a4 the car has never left me for stranded, it went into limp mode a couple of times, i still can't figure out why, the code is P0299, at first i thought it's the vgt actuator, but that works fine, I'm pretty sure it's the actual turbo itself. My main power steering hose burst, there was a massive hole that was very devilishly hidden, and was patched over so it wouldn't be noticeable, there was no leak what so ever , so that was a big fucking surprise to me. After i changed it with hydraulic high temperature tubing worked again 0 leaks, engine has a small oil leakage, but the overall oil consumption is quite regular, with no oil level warnings. The car sounds like a tractor and drives ok had to redo the engine hydraulic mounts and steering control arms pretty recently, cost me a fucking shitton of money.

I still need to figure out the code and that oil leak. Hopefully nothing else breaks. I like how it looks but it's a money sink, it was driven by an old 55 year old fellow, pretty cool guy, so the car hasnt been worn in, but still problems are an occurring theme, it's not unreliable but it's an expensive car to own, i do the oil changes and filters , big stuff like timing belt is done at a shop, like i said the car is relatively young 130k kilometers i don't understand all the issues.

Attached: 1518975804660.jpg (2048x1365, 553K)

>audi
>reliable
pick one.

I wish high schoolers then repeat car memes they hear would get off my board

Attached: IMG_20180320_200837.jpg (4048x3036, 2.87M)

Your shitty 2010 is not included in that.

>Moving goal posts

Why the fuck wouldn’t you change your oil every 4,000 miles

Holy fuck I work at the shop that inspects Ucar’s inventory. They’re usually riddled with problems because they’re often repos or tradeins and they send their shit to us for inspection. Bad axels, U joints, headgasket failure, fluid leaks for days.

Attached: B7A87655-1FBC-4934-BCD8-80CF8700FA74.gif (640x360, 439K)

>Usually repos or trade ins
How else do used car dealerships acquire cars

I dunno, auction?

>audi
>bmw
>Top of the list

1-800 come on now

Attached: 1513407210049.jpg (910x752, 59K)

This. My GTI drank oil like a slut on a night out.

That’s for new cars. Not decade old VW’s in a cheap suit

This was the point when shit got real for me.

That being said, after seeing it apart, its really well-engineered, except for the engine. Almost makes me wish I could swap in a Toyota one

Forgot pic

Attached: 2016-08-18 17.34.52.jpg (2048x1536, 922K)

nice bait

Oh yeah, cold air intake

Attached: IMG_2160.jpg (2304x1728, 1.52M)

It's okay if you're not an Enthusiast and on but you don't need to make fun of other people for it
Why

Pic related is what the car will look like when it's finished

Attached: 81XLao8RsIL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x800, 295K)

>not buying an s4 with a manual
just kys.

Buy a new car

I dont want a sports car, I want a comfortable fast car, and Id rather not spend an extra 15k

>2.0
>fast
pick one

For 2.3k in parts AND labor, I am just 10 hp shy of the S4s 333 factory power, and I get better gas milage...

2.0 isnt slow retard...