Why dont many companies make coupes anymore? They are way better then sedans

Why dont many companies make coupes anymore? They are way better then sedans.

Attached: 2000_subaru_impreza_2_5_rs_coupe-pic-20258-640x480.jpg (640x480, 179K)

>They are way better then sedans.

In no ways other than what, weight?

At what?

- drivershare companies requiring 4 doors.
- insurance costs higher for coupes than sedans
- extra resources to redesign a shitbox with coupe portions.

they only look better. that's it.
functionally they are objectively worse.

Because of lower sales. They go where the money is, and crossovers have the most growth.

Sedans are better in every single way, shitlord.

>then

You posted the worst possible example OP

>dimensions literally 100% identical to the sedan version, down to the millimeter
>LESS structural rigidity
>LESS useful in day-to-day life
>Back seats have the exact same leg room as the sedan but now they're harder to get into

There was never a point to the Impreza """coupe""" except to get memed to death. If it had a shorter wheelbase or some real benefit besides subjective shit, then we could talk.

Then again, the Wagon is still the best version of the Impreza.

Attached: SUBARUImprezaWagon-2270_3.jpg (900x591, 256K)

Ive been hearing that coupes are actually better for taller drivers than sedans are, not sure why i always thought the oppositw. I dont have a family i just prefer having an easily accessible backseat for storage etc

Fuck you, too. It has the same functionality as the sedan but it looks much better.

but it's harder to get in the back.

t. coupe owner

>- insurance costs higher for coupes than sedans

this isn't necessarily true unless your coupe of choice is boyracer taxed by people making a lot of claims on them (crashing them all the time). really depends on where you live too.

for example, miatas are particularly cheap to insure for me

coupes are better when the lack of a second door is used to shorten the wheelbase, which means enjoy your 2 seater or groceries-only back seats.

otherwise they're just rice

Das' rite! I'm 6'6 and i always preferred 3-door hatchbacks and coupes for three simple reasons:
1. Easier to get in and out of due to larger door openings.
2. B-pillar is way back and won't obstruct your view to the side unlike in sedans and wagons where your head is right next to it.
3. Frameless windows can be rolled all the way down for exiting or entering the car in tight spaces, giving you more wiggle room.
I had a BMW E92 (coupe) before and it was way more comfortable than the Mercedes wagon I have now, at least in terms of driving position and getting in and out.

incidentally, sedans tend to weigh in negligibly different from their two-door counterparts anyway

Why didn't suicide doors catch on?

Attached: saturn-ion-images-6079.jpg (1600x1200, 445K)

Attached: 101df0942cf9652d46a940f78785cfaa.jpg (640x480, 38K)

they did

Attached: rolls-royce-wraith-with-suicide-door-open-beautiful-luxury-car.jpg (1280x540, 191K)

Attached: rx-8.jpg (500x332, 157K)

Because it required more structural bracing to keep structural integrity up. The Saturn Ion Quad Coupe weighs more than the sedan version... which kinda eliminates a lot of the reason for getting a coupe

rigidity

Trunk space. Hatch beats both at that though usually.
Depends on insurance company and state for if a coupe is more than a sedan to insure. Also can change from average age insured for body type.
Newer coupes have more trunk room than sedan counterparts though again hatches do that better.
Some coupes also have significantly smaller wheelbase than the sedan.

>They are way better then sedans.
Soon companies won't make sedans anymore either

Everything will be a CUV or bigger

Get boring shitbox that can seat 5 people comfortably

OR

Get a boring shitbox larping as a "sports car" that only seats 2 comfortably and 2 other uncomfortably

???

They’re common on ext. cab trucks

*posts two door sedan*

And the doors are fuckhueg and a hassle in carparks, not to mention the hinges sag earlier
>Coupe life

Uh if the driver is tall asf, it wont seat the 5 comfortably