/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 5th of September:
1698 – In an effort to Westernize his nobility, Tsar Peter I of Russia imposes a tax on beards for all men except the clergy and peasantry.
1793 – French Revolution: The French National Convention initiates the Reign of Terror.
1839 – The United Kingdom declares war on the Qing dynasty of China.
1914 – World War I: First Battle of the Marne begins. Northeast of Paris, the French attack and defeat German forces who are advancing on the capital.
1918 – The original publication of the Cheka decree, "On Red Terror".
1941 – Whole territory of Estonia is occupied by Nazi Germany.
1942 – World War II: Japanese high command orders withdrawal at Milne Bay, the first major Japanese defeat in land warfare during the Pacific War.

>News
CK2 DD 04/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1042377
EU4 DD 29/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1041610

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes 0.033
mega.nz/#!ssVQHYiR!7YI0qycnElHH2gNVb0C5mNt8S7xKa20tNBbI1m8vASA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.3 - 04/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-5th-of-september-2017.1042506/
hastebin.com/raw/uhiqiqagex
dropbox.com/s/nb4h3tnbf57pj7e/HPM 0.3.8.4.7z?dl=0
mega.nz/#!CFoyBAja!8hDXW_B2sHb08mRMVNxPgPXYRTfQOcr6ox-0Rs--62c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this an acceptable peace treaty?

no wait

check if you get surrender timers on the provinces - if you do they will automatically assign to you in about a year

You only have cores on Gallipoli as Byzans
the rest just have permament claims, so I get no surrender timers

>the rest just have permament claims, so I get no surrender timers
Weird, because the Ottomans in turn get surrender timers for all their permanent claims (up to Bulgaria, Serbia and Hungary)

alexos grandinos

hommens blanquios

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-5th-of-september-2017.1042506/

The war against the Chinese is over, and i settled for a cut down to size which will last for 10 years.
The truce will last for 5, so after that i will have much more breathing space to dismantle China piece by piece.
For now, i will have to deal with the after effects of Strategic Bombardment and an unstable region.

Both of those changes are unironically good

HPM, Ashanti makes 'Accra' into a state before you can annex it as the British, meaning that they annex the ugly looking state in the middle of Ghana instead upon getting the event that gives a demand concession casus belli.

Also, if Transvaal is under siege from the Matabele, the event that fires doesn't give you a 'conquest' casus belli on them as it says.

When you walk away you don't hear me say

pleeeaaaasee oh babaayyy don't go

>HPM, Ashanti makes 'Accra' into a state before you can annex it as the British, meaning that they annex the ugly looking state in the middle of Ghana instead upon getting the event that gives a demand concession casus belli.
What's wrong with this?

Accra starts as a state.

>lso, if Transvaal is under siege from the Matabele, the event that fires doesn't give you a 'conquest' casus belli on them as it says.
What's the name of the event?

The event is supposed to simulate you taking the Gold Coast after buying the rights from the dutch. In my game Ashanti doesn't even have any colonies, so the event gives you a casus belli that does nothing.

Not sure sorry, it happens to the british if the matabele occupy the transvaal capital i think

When I am about to enter the game when playing HIP the game suddenly shuts down. Did I install it wrong? Is there something I dont know? This happened last time but I fixed it somehow, but forgot how.

hastebin.com/raw/uhiqiqagex

>Balkanbro
>take the bus home
Damn i love our buses

uhh is this a meme

I tagged to the Chinese, and apparently my biological weapons, my economic warfare and my strategic bombardment really left a mark.
Ch*na BTFO

Daily HPM release:

Historical Project Mod - Version 0.3.8.4 (Checksum JRLI) for HOD 3.04 - 05/09/2017. Save Game Compatible with version 0.3.8.X. All minimods are NOT compatible. Probably.
dropbox.com/s/nb4h3tnbf57pj7e/HPM 0.3.8.4.7z?dl=0

Mirror:
mega.nz/#!CFoyBAja!8hDXW_B2sHb08mRMVNxPgPXYRTfQOcr6ox-0Rs--62c

Changelog:
-Removed the life rating and emigration push effects from the genocide modifier, but doubled the malus to immigrant attraction. Made the preparations_to_kill modifier kill immigrant attraction.
-Made easier for Bolivia and Peru to take the Native Protection Act. Changed the tech requirement for it.
-Fixed several problems with group modifiers in the pop_types file that were assimilating pops that shouldn't assimilate.
-Halved the prestige factor of dismantling forts/naval bases.

I will try to find the event, thanks!

wait that's 300 million dead?

What are some gsg approved ck2 mods?

Before the war, the Chinks had 900 million.
Now they have 819 million. So, 81 million died because of the war. In comparison, i lost something like 700k civies. Not as much as a dent tbqh, but more wars will follow.

Hey guys, fucking retard here.

How the fuck do I unlock explorers in EUIV M&T as England?

The problem isn't Accra being a state, it's the new decision to switch capitals, which the AI takes on day 1 and changes Ashanti's capital to Accra. This makes it impossible to take Accra until all the rest of Ashanti is gone.
Why was this decision even added anyway, HPM?

>-Removed the life rating and emigration push effects from the genocide modifier, but doubled the malus to immigrant attraction. Made the preparations_to_kill modifier kill immigrant attraction.

epic

Shit, it's because Accra is the capital of Ghana and Ashanti shares a tag with them. Nations usually try to aggressively change their capital back to their "historical" capital. I will fix it, thank you.

Look at the big picture in the middle of the ideas page. See the arrow pointing from Naval ideas to Exploration? You need to get all naval ideas before the option to select Exploration will appear. Furthermore you must also be diplo tech 20 (or adm tech 20, I forget)

However, England, Castile, Portugal are 'special cases' and only need tech 16 of the two mentioned instead of 20.

Ohhh, okay. Thanks. I don't come to /gsg/ often I always feel stupid asking super easy questions like that but I'm a dumbass and I'm bad at games.

When can we expect the next version?

Always happy to help. /gsg/ is actually quite a friendly place once you learn the lingo, is actually a compliment

Tomorrow.

I'm just joking, I don't know. Hopefully it will be a while since I can move on from hotfixing.

Haven't been here for a year, where's bobo turk and rob? what happened to the steamgroup shitposting?

No problem.
Also, could you change the colour of a few of the new African cultures, specifically the yellow one in Zambia, the light blue in central Nigeria and the dark blue in Liberia/Sierra Leone/Guinea?
They seem a little, I don't know, too bright?

Should I go Influence, Exploration, or something else?

Invade Moscovy, Nordic Siberia when.

Hey HPM I've noticed that for some reason when Crete becomes completely independent, she doesn't unite with Greece immediately or even after many years.

Quantity is pound for pound the best idea in mil. Trade if going for an RP thing.

I wanted to go with a DIP idea group, so I won't go Quantity. In fact, I think the next MIL idea group I'll get will be Offensive. Trying to RP and get super Swedish soldiers.

I was thinking Influence for the HRE, maybe try to take it from Austria, if not, Exploration would be nice, since it's pretty historical.

Muscovy is my ally, with over 70 trust.

>not playing myou
Why even bother?

Can you form Oceania and East-Asia?
Posting this from the last thread.

Ch*nks getting even more BTFO. In nearly 3 years, they lost 110 million.
You can do both, i am fairly sure.

Cool ill give the mod a try

So I played kaiserreich as mongolia, conquered euroasia using only horses. Good fun.
Then I had the idea to see if it was possible to do that with mongolia, turns out there's a playthrough of it from last year, watched the first bit and seems doable. Shaxi has 2 units at the start of the war and keeps them at home, dude goes around them and wins within 2 months. Easy first win to start the snowball with.
Tried it myself. Shaxi has 6 units at the start of the war, keeps them right on the fucking border. 2 months in Shaxi has 14 units. and is pushing me back on all fronts. Next small neighbor now has 18 units, so even If I won this first shit I wouldn't win the next anyway.

How the fuck does the AI build so much, so fast? The fuck did they change in this game in the past year?

>-Removed the life rating and emigration push effects from the genocide modifier, but doubled the malus to immigrant attraction. Made the preparations_to_kill modifier kill immigrant attraction.
Rejoice

Does anyone else have a trend in their games of spain and portugal getting culturally enriched by the north africans? My last 2 games had it happen and I'm not sure if the AI was just being retarded or if the mudslimes are really strong.

>she

>So I played kaiserreich as mongolia, conquered euroasia using only horses. Good fun.
>Then I had the idea to see if it was possible to do that with mongolia

what?

In the base game, sorry.

damnnn....... hip at it again..... made grey matter boil

Christ, how many years of war did it take to kill 800 million chinamen? Also how are they still fighting with that kind of losses?

So Pagans get dicked in Monks and Mystics right? Like their only option is demon worship?

Are there any mods that make the DLC worth it for Pagans?

>tfw HPM does all this work for free

The war has been over for said 3 years user, it's the biological weapons doing their thing.
Where did you take the 800 million figure? They had 900, now they have 790.

I thought that 790 was the casualty counter.

I'm so fucking tired constantly
How do I fix this

I just slept for 10 hours and I need to go to class but I swear I could sleep for another 2 or 3 and I desperately don't want to go anywhere

Uninstall.exe all your gsg's.
Sleep less (8 hours is enough), work out more and eat healthier.

yo gsgtaxman can you give Casimir III the Great some predefined personalities?

What do you intend to do with China?

>Casimir the jewlover
No wonder union (collapsed)

what game/mod is this

Show me a better Italy, protip, you can't

Amen!

which union?

I want to play CK2 but I haven't played in a long ass time so I'm like 15 DLC behind at this point

its okay to do so, they dont overhaul the game or some shit, you know how paradox treats DLC as of right now
youll just have few more playable governments and mechanics, thats all. ck2 is as easy as eu4

Why does prep 2 kill stop immigration attraction?
It's not like building generic "camps" that could be used for anything from prisons to refugee centres would make people not want to go there. If anything more "prisons" would make people want to go there, because in their perception crime is being dealt with.

Why does an area being genocided cause an immigration malus at all? The area just got FREE farms, FREE factory positions, if anything it should cause a HUGE immigration pull as the government now seeks to resettle these farms/repopulate the factories.

Old screenshot but heres mine, swiss & serbs vassal

>implying jews were moving TO nazi germany 1933-1939

>I'm just joking
Achtung, achtung! Jovial HPM is back. If you have any suggestiond ask him NOW, because soon his meds will stop working and he'll go back to being a bastard.

What does it mean by this? Is it safe to play? Just loaded an autosave after a crash

They were running away from Russia. The horrible holocaust of 6 million happening there.

Oh man those are some aesthetic borders, I'm seriously impressed

it broke

>why exterminating millions of people just because they are different impact the quantity of migrants I get
I wonder...

Its fine happens every time I start the game save.

Means there's no text to go with the event

I'm the Duchy of Munster through fabricating claims and killing a vassal. What now? How to get claims on the Kingdom of Ireland?

The Second Eurasian-Chinese war started after republican rebels deposed the Chinese communist state. They immediately declared war to Taiwan, causing the still recovering US to step in. I was also called in, and i couldn't resist. Once again, i released the biological weapons and started the strategic bombardment. Thankfully, for some reason they didn't, leaving me in the clean.
They are now at 750 million.
In the meantime, i puppeted Alaska.

English second language, friend?
I'm saying genociding an area should make your primary culture pops move there, for the free farms and factory jobs. When you gas you create a huge artificial job surplus, the area becomes a utopia of free houses, free jobs, and presumably if the state is gsssing they're not averse to the idea of resettling the conquered areas.

In real life Germany tried to resettle Reichsgau Wartheland, Poland, with Germans,

Hey retard, that's not how genociding works. Genociding is just to kill people. You don't get free farms and free jobs because people are dead. You don't get positive shit of killing millions of people.

Lad, I'm talking about internal migration here. I don't even know what you mean by quality of migrants, I'm talking purely about your primary culture pops moving to the newly barren land.

>I don't even know what you mean by quality of migrants
English second language, friend?
He said quantity of migrants.

> I'm talking about internal migration here
>Why does prep 2 kill stop immigration attraction?

>what are RGOs
Please stop talking about a game you don't even play, .

>waahhh why doesn't hpm validates my /pol/ fantasies were genociding millions of people helps the economy and everyone happily moves to live near places that smell like burning bodies and are full of military and zyklon b

c-cucks

Quantity may be useful early on, but it quickly becomes useless. Especially once you replace your standing inf with mercs

Ruh roh.
What do lads?

Reject it kill them all

Alright, be butthurt all you want that I asked you if English was not your first language. The fact is you're fundementally misunderstanding basic tenants of the game here.
Immigration attraction is a provincial modifier that solely applies to provinces, in the same way you can encourage immigration to say, Texas, as America. The genocided territory should also get a similar attraction pull to represent all the free farms and factory jobs, and homes that are now unoccupied.
You're confusing it with the immigration attraction a country gets from reforms, I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the provincial modifier. See the tooltip.
>This does not make migrants more likely to choose your country, jsut that they'll settle here."
Really mature there, nice to know that HPM listens to reasonable arguments like this.
Explain to me how factories that need craftsmen, farms that need farmers, woods that need labourers, and homes that need occupsnts wouldn't encoursge immigration. So if I kill 4 million people, and there are now a million homes, jobs, and resources people aren't going to take it?

Pretty sick of coming here and telling me I should feel bad about virtual genocide, tbvqh.
Should I hold a little funeral or call the UN and tell them I've been abusing human rights?

If I ask nicely, could you make the Megali Ideal decision give cores on pontus? It was a part of the ideal irl.

It probably depends on what your playing because in Meiou manpower is retardedly important, like 10k is worth more then what most countries make in 15 years. At least if you compare it to what you can trade it in for when building roads/forts which you will need to do all game.

is it me or did Ming become Divine Wind OP with the update they did to the mandate of heaven thing ?
I tried to play Manchu > Qing but China had basically infinte money and infinite troops and could stay in war for 50 years without a single revolt

>Explain to me how factories that need craftsmen, farms that need farmers, woods that need labourers, and homes that need occupsnts wouldn't encoursge immigration
Yes that's exactly how it works. You change a whole state structured geared to kill millions of people over years and all your people will happily move there and all the houses, farms and factories will sit there waiting for people in pristine condition.
Genociding isn't resettling. It doesn't make people have more children and it doesn't make them abandon their old houses and old jobs. Genociding is about ideologically killing people because you hate them. Stop pretending to be a retard and calling everyone you don't agree with your boogeyman and actually try to make an argument that isn't simply a reflection of your power fantasies.

owned

pretty much
the only time I smothered them, they were a bitch to put down even with 0 mandate because of their ridiculous manpower and forcelimit

yeah, but mayo is not vanilla

Reminder that the siege of DeZ is relieved.
Also, pic related.
Alright lad. I will crush them, a few dead civies on my side is a minor problem.
I will probably lose millions, but it's just ruskies and central asiatics, nothing of value will have been lost.