RIP F1

JUST

Who wants to watch a stretch limo go about a track slower than it's version from 14 years ago

Attached: f1-ferrari-sf71h-launch-2018-ferrari-sf71h.jpg (800x533, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pRKxkxegEbM
youtube.com/watch?v=C3dYXpRypp4&feature=youtu.be&t=915
youtube.com/watch?v=9HaUZ-MWppQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Photoshooped

Stopped watching years ago and, looking at what has transpired since, did not miss a thing. Hamilton is still a lil' bitch, Vettel isn't gonna win again, Button is gone, and the grid is slowly being overrun by fucking snot nosed little shits.

There is absolutely nothing good about F1 any more. Now that they're appealing to even more safety regs, the sport is tightening its own noose. Fuck this gay shit, I'm out of here.

Why even bother with being classified as open wheeled at this point?

well the wheels are pretty open still

Daily reminder F1 went downhill after the V12 era

Sports car racing and endurance racing are still good

They clearly don't like it enough to keep it over time

>slower than it's version from 14 years ago

these are literally the fastest f1 cars ever

>Being this retarded.

When did the decline start?

>muh race pace
1 lap pace these are the fastest cars ever, and in the race they do break lap records too.
This years cars are already a decent chunk faster than last year, even with the Halo.

When you consider how much less fuel they use, and how much longer the engines last compared to that era, the tech is pretty amazing.
Of course, the effect on racing is questionable.

End of the turbocharged F1 cars.

But they are turbocharged

I was lucky enough to be at the track and watch Seb set the new record for the Catalonia Circuit at the beginning of the month, they are easily the fastest they have ever been.

Young people are just interested in f1 anymore for varied of reasons. It’s not f1s fault.

Maybe more blacks and asians and even woman, just different types of people in it could change all that.

Just not I meant

F1 died with this man.

Attached: senna-crash-1617483.jpg (1450x962, 173K)

That would be because f1 is stale shit.
>improved production
>any other road racing series
youtube.com/watch?v=pRKxkxegEbM

WRC is breddy gud tho

calm dowm

He's right you know...

Probably because I'm Dutch but F1 for me is greater than ever!!
But I do recognise all that's said. A fucking 1.6l engine in the f1 lol. Still near 1k hp though

I haven't watched in forever but I'm going to the race in Singapore later this year.

Oh I meant to post this

Attached: max-verstappen.jpg (1200x800, 510K)

>go about a track slower than it's version from 14 years ago
Why the fuck is this happening?

The pussification of Man.

>not watching f1 for Mclaren alone

Attached: testing went well.jpg (1000x877, 358K)

Wasn't the point of the car updates also supposed to force more reliable engines?

I’m not sure what’s going on here but I like it.

They have a little more problems than just the engine

Attached: 1520610268952.webm (640x334, 972K)

>that moment when everyone hears the carbon fiber crunch

Attached: 1520504597644.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

It took 14 years for the teams to make up the power gap with bizarre aerodynamic solutions.

Either way, F1 suffers from probably the worst online fanbase which doesn't help their image either.
There is that one Youtube channel, some britfag, who in one video stated
>Well, the engine noise is going to be gone one day anyway, so I think we should just get used to it now
If people wanted to watch RC cars they would do so by watching Formula E, which, despite all its faults, at the time is more exciting anyway, save for the Fanboost idiocy.

Attached: 1519643030642.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>The pussification of Man.
This is the neckbeard chant. Anyone who ever uses this kind of expression is guaranteed to be a failure.

lol

You seem to forget that they have smoothed out every course that F1 runs on now.

These current cars can't run on the same tracks they were running 20 years ago.

>>Well, the engine noise is going to be gone one day anyway, so I think we should just get used to it now
jesus christ what a moron

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PjqhxWHH8
The "good" part starts around 0:50 and the lead in for "Loudness" comment is at 2:20

Attached: 1373064863271.gif (270x149, 1.96M)

>Two wheel mode, engage!

Attached: 1407531220527.gif (342x192, 3.76M)

for me one of the best parts of old F1 pit stops and tactics 1, 2 or 3 pit stops and seeing who chose best tactic and did fastest refueling.

Attached: 94_German_GP_mishap.gif (350x272, 2M)

Attached: 1386758965861.gif (500x263, 994K)

Attached: 1386808039138.gif (355x200, 2.74M)

Attached: 1411953838588.gif (450x225, 2.62M)

Speeding under caution, dangerous pass. IIRC that's a Formula 2 race, not F1

What the fuck happened here?

Seasons are too long for modern kids to keep track, not to mention everything is behind a paywall but the highlights and scores. Not interesting enough, also, clear scale of the cars size and speed does not translate well enough through a screen and no young people can engage the sport. It's too much modeled for rich people, there are more interesting car sports out there anyway. Like this youtube.com/watch?v=C3dYXpRypp4&feature=youtu.be&t=915

Attached: 1521390078127.jpg (1667x1459, 533K)

>that driver wave
>that immediate conflagration
Kek

Who wants to watch a regular looking cars going around in a oval track?

Who wants to watch a funny looking cars doing a little spurt in a straight line?

What is going on here?

Me
also >regular looking

That is a Verstappen
I see a single yellow.
Either a wrong wheel nut or a wrong impact gun.

Millbrook. Not the safest place for a pitstop.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

it wasn't a wrong wheel nut. they had the wheels on the wrong sides. swap the wheels, nuts go on perfectly

Yeah, you are probably right, I remember something wrong with a thread on that wheel, but I forgot that it could have been the whole wheel. My bad.

There hasn't been a single lap power deficit for like three seasons. Just dick tires and much more aero restriction.

2016 F1 was the fastest they've ever been on straights except for Monza and the current cars are really fast for how shit the tires are.

Fuck off newfag. He has been here a lot longer than you and proved his credentials. You can't even be bothered to type a reply.

Endurance racing is chill af. If Ive got nothing to really do on a weekend I'll keep it on start to finish and watch a few hours of racing in between doing like chores and errands and shit, then watch with the boys at night over some drinks. And wake up to more racing and a hangover
Also watching night racing is comfy af

t.MrNiceGuy

Nope. Fail harder next time brainlet.

>Fail harder
>fail
>2018
I would kms if i'd be in your place """MrNiceGuy"""

Still failing like a nigger newfag.

all of those posts are mine

Don't know if retarded or retarded. So easy to disprove.

Attached: butrappingaretard.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

>adding (You)'s in photoshop
How could one stoop so low?

*V10

Looks at image, litterealy sees paint.

the absolute state of adblock plus users

Not having an exception for Veeky Forums.

Reminder there's another, uncucked, form of prototype racing and it's on the verge of shit getting fucking real
>Ducati pushing 300 HP
>Aero tech coming along, active aero soon™
>10+ winners over 18 races last season, this year shaping up to be even more
>half dozen rookies in the field all going balls to the wall, fighting for podiums on non factory bikes
>grid girls

Attached: R12-MotoGP-Race-Pick-1-Silverstone-016.jpg (700x466, 72K)

SGT still uncucked and fun as fuck to watch.

Attached: SGT rain battle.webm (810x430, 2.86M)

I like watching F1, esp this year since more teams look more competitive and there will be online streaming of all the races.

Attached: lae nuebs.png (441x182, 6K)

Hows Jenson Button in Super GT?

>complaining about F1 being cucked while being happy about goofy aero on motorcycles

>look ma' no hands!

>muh engine noise
is there a more moronic opinion you can encounter when discussing F1?

>Calsonic STILL has liveries in racing

How is this possible?

so much salt from a newfag for being called out.

>how does one of the biggest auto electronics manufacturers in japan still have auto racing advertising????

Attached: 1517637160911.jpg (478x810, 88K)

The wheel nuts are captive in the wheel, and have opposite hand threads so that the torque of acceleration works to increase the tightness of the nut on both sides.

MotoGP is and always was the best motorsport.

For fags.

F1's new logo literally screams autism

Agreed, Jumpy cars best cars
Still missing the four doors tho

>TOYOTA PRIUS

oh my god that looks scary as fuck

Not as good as the Colin McRae era.

it was already going downhil by reducing cylinders. v10 was still goat tho. sometimes the brightest flowers come out of the biggest piles of shit

It stems from George Carlin, arguably the best comedian of all time. Certainly one of the most influential.

I would say "anyone who" style generalisations over such trivial things are a better indication of ineptitude.

>sides: disintegrated

>George Carlin, arguably the best comedian of all time
Boomer detected

>new F1 music

youtube.com/watch?v=9HaUZ-MWppQ

Attached: soy.jpg (1038x539, 375K)

Get back to your echo chamber, Sam Hyde.

you forgot
>Marquez pushing the envelope of what is possible on a bike.

>the Prius cucking all those cars