→ #

Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

A2 bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Crash helmet safety info:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Attached: 20180203_161849-4032x3024.jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ybo2ulbbb6Y
modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/d/05-yamaha-r6s-clean-tittle/6535351808.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4ytXrLSpA
youtube.com/watch?v=0BUyp3HX8cY
pullman.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-ninja-500r/6518965834.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for sikk IOMTT game

youtu.be/ybo2ulbbb6Y

Attached: 20180318_204350-2794x3593.jpg (2794x3593, 1.53M)

Attached: still no grom.png (497x685, 157K)

If you saved $1 every time you posted this you could have bought one by now.

bringing my SV650 over to england tbqhwy

Attached: 20171023_171649.jpg (3264x1836, 1.67M)

Post your hog (motorcycle)

modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/d/05-yamaha-r6s-clean-tittle/6535351808.html

found his same bike on craigslist too. Trying to arrange a meeting tomorrow. Too good to be true?? hasnt asked me for a moneygram or ebay whatever scam yet

I replaced my awful squid-core flushmounts with OEM turn signals

Attached: 2018-03-19 09.54.23.jpg (2560x1440, 1.41M)

Seems like a reasonable price from somebody trying to get rid of it fast. When you price so affordably it means that pretty much everybody who comes will have cash and be ready to buy

Replaced the undertail too.

Now i need to change the brakepads, drill out a sheared off bolt so i can mount the exhaust bezel, and i need to replace the plastic collar on the clutchlevel.

Attached: 2018-03-19 00.57.02.jpg (2560x1440, 1.08M)

I like flush mounts since they don't come into contact with the ground if you drop it

Holy shit that looks sweet

Who calls them "hogs"? That's as bad as "Crotch Rocket".
These are rubber at the base, and they're held in on a groove in the rubber, then a shim that goes into some other grooves on the inside, then a bracket that goes over the rubber and screws into the shim.

Attached: 20180305_182642.jpg (2560x1440, 1.78M)

Looking better every time you post it, nice

Attached: DSCN1935.jpg (4896x3672, 3.77M)

You missed the soylenthog kid? That's a shame. Too bad I didn't save the pic. I'm sure somebody did.

Thats about 1k cheaper than I usually see em, I'd be skeptical

Attached: image_0.jpg (750x1096, 174K)

Thanks!

Can't wait till it's above freezing and I can wash and wax it. We keep getting storm systems though.
was his bike made out of people?

Attached: 2018-01-17 20.47.49.jpg (2560x1440, 1.18M)

Nice kitter.
How many miles on the 12r again? I know you said it was thrashed by the PO. How much did you pick it up for?

Attached: 20170211_131517-1080x1080.jpg (1080x1080, 772K)

Goddamnit Veeky Forums let me delete posts.
it'd be better if it was made out of people.

Attached: 2017-11-01 22.43.00.jpg (2560x1440, 1.47M)

You should have replaced them with these badass ones for the honnies

Attached: 7B0BDC4D-095F-4799-8FFA-B1240353C98A.jpg (360x360, 25K)

Ohio here as well, Today and yesterday were great days for riding but this next week is dog shit

30K miles, and i got it for 2 grand. Had to drive around 400 miles for it, and it fell on top of me when i was unloading it lol. Good thing it only had shitty chinese fairings so the only thing hurt was my bones.

Attached: 2017-10-26 20.04.07.jpg (2560x1440, 1.15M)

Do you have discord? There's a DBT group I could invite you to, you're close enough to come to the meets
Also fuck that's cheap

How fast have you gone it?

Well it's going to be dry at least. If you have some heavy gloves and some heated grips with some nice big fairings, you'll still be able to get it out, but your tires aren't going to grip very well.

also all the roads rn are filthy. Watch out for that gravel or you're going to be ordering some chinese fairings!
I can't do meets. I got a job at round one, so i'm workign 65 hour weeks between that and my old job.

Attached: 2018-03-17 12.09.59.jpg (2560x1440, 1.18M)

i sneezed and it went 135.

How fast does it go actually I wonder. I hear indicator it goes like three fitty but it’s way off. Make sure to let me know especially if you gps cirtefy that shit yo

DBT discord sucks shit

The north america/austrailia one is good

Yeah

Thoughts on the interceptor?

Attached: hondavfr800f20142.jpg (1024x742, 138K)

Its actually terrible

Pigfat, underpowered, memetec, overly complicated, expensive, not even reliable.

Hey /dbt/ someone stole my helmet over the weekend. What helmet should I buy? Thinking of the Shark Skwal so I can light up in the dark.

Attached: MAX_RES_DEFAULT.jpg (295x329, 40K)

I like the new icon airflite

RC46 break 100k regularly with little to no maintence. you are bad.

How do I transport a motorcycle 3 hours across state lines for the least amount of money?

Anything with good anti fog system like the shoei. You don’t want your epic battles get cut short cuz you can’t see for shit.

buy a ramp for your truck and be not a pussy

Ride

Attached: 3ABE7C50-F768-4B12-9E1E-60F8B50B629A.jpg (330x446, 52K)

>overly complicated, expensive, not even reliable
One of the most consistently produced bikes by Honda, obviously for a reason.

Attached: EX250 THE BEAST rev 2.jpg (1632x1224, 170K)

Ride it

The Skwal has a pinlock visor. I'm told they work pretty well

youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4ytXrLSpA

I was thinking about getting the airframe. do you have the airflite?

this

Nah my roommate just got one. Looks like a pilot helmet or something with an iridescent visor.

So do ducati's, is that supposed to be impressive?
Even if it was reliable (it's not) it would still be a pigfat, underpowered shitbike that's hard to work on and expensive to fix.

Respect our troop
dog bless

But I don't have a truck

But I don't have a license, and it won't have plates or insurance or registration

>But I don't have a truck
You don't have a buddy or family member with a truck that will help for a measly 3 hou- oh, right....

No I don't. I live in a big city, very few trucks in general.

No u

Vans exist too brainlet-san. Should we continue to spoonfeed you bike transportation 101 or would you like to grow a few iq points?

rent a pickup from uhaul dude its cheap as hell

Minivan and trailer

Attached: 20180213_141557_HDR.jpg (4160x2080, 2.75M)

Spoon-feed please, I am a severe brainlet

i hope you've already changed that rear tire

I'd wait until crash test ratings came out on the icon helmets.

rent a u-haul bike trailer

that's literally it

they're DOT rated, should I be looking for something else? bike noob here

Where I'm from you can drive 3 days without plates on a bill of sale. Check the laws

>dot
Literally meaningless specification
youtube.com/watch?v=0BUyp3HX8cY

Is he related to Ted Cruz

No but all Canadians look alike

First thing i changed.

Can oyu believe that it's not even flat from burnouts, but because the dipshit never pumped it up and rode from new jersey to Philadelphia on 20 out of 41PSI?

I gave the dude a call after i got it home and said that he'd going to kill himself.

Anyone know where I can find free Honda Owner's manuals? They want like 50 fucking bucks for the owner's manual on my bike when Yamaha offers that shit free of charge, it's stupid.

Mystical place called craigslist where you can sell your honda and buy a yamaha

>where you can sell your honda and buy a yamaha
I don't want to downgrade, I just want a fucking owner's manual.

>downgrade

So get a Snell rated helmet?

Literally zero Honda is better than the Yamaha counterpart.

>should I be looking for something else
Yes, read the OP, there's motorcycle helmet ratings there. SNELL approved is important. I love Icon for jackets and gloves, but they're almost a budget brand, I want to see how their helmets hold up first.

pullman.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-ninja-500r/6518965834.html

Which one of you is this, and what are the simple mods?

Yeah if you're looking for proven safety

There's a boatload of Hondas that don't have a Yamaha counterpart, Yamaha's selection is stale in the US. I see more crashed on FZs/MTs than on any other bike.

Any GOOD hondas that don't?

Honda dominates the commuter and beginner market by a wide margin. I don't think Yamaha offers anything of value in the US in the 300-600cc range unless you hop on an R6. They don't focus on beginner riders or simple commuters like Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki does.

That said, for experienced riders looking for bigger, performance based bikes, Yamaha may offer some of the best bikes out there, but everyone knows Yamaha doesn't give two shits about the commuter/beginner market or righting their wrongs.

The beginner bike meme is for third world retards and people who legally can't buy anything faster. So, for those unfortunate souls, a honda is the bike you have to have, not the bike you want to have. What you're seeing is honda focusing on the SEAmonkey market. Yamaha does have such offerings but they don't export them to the US because Americans are not forced to buy less bike than a downsie can handle because they do not have laws that force everyone to live by the ultra-safe rules that need to be applied to a downsie.

Yamaha made the FZ6S/N for non-retarded new riders and FZ6R for retarded ones, with the FZ1 as the next step up for being the god of commuter bikes. Then they canned the FZ6S/N for the FZ7 and FZ9 and kept the R so retards would still have a "sport" bike to ride.

Attached: 1499105033543.jpg (1040x680, 145K)

I want to prove you wrong, so I'll mention the R3, but that's basically it. The FZ07 is garbage and the FZ6R is even worse. SR400 is kick-started cafe racer soyboy shit, so your choices are the R3, a scooter, or settling for a dual sport.

Also if you really insist on buying a scooter they make the R3, which is the best scooter in its class.

>the FZ07 is garbage

Okay nobike

Attached: r3 in its natural habitat.jpg (1280x720, 277K)

>The FZ07 is garbage
That whole category is meh.
Cbr650, ninja 650, sv, etc. If you want an actual good bike from that range that isn't a crotch rocket you pretty much have to get a yurobike.

the cbr650 is spitting on the grave of the f4i. the ninja 650 and sv650 are the latest in a long line of shitty starter bikes.

don't lump them together

>don't lump them together
They're all budget ~650cc twins, fuck off

>FZ6S/N
Out of production
>FZ6R
Garbage, absolute shit, if you argue against this you're confirmed a fucking nobike.
>FZ1
Was never, ever, EVER remotely close to a beginner bike, averaged 35-40mpg (not bad but not great) and while it was a great commuter bike, it's also out of production for the MT10, which is in no way entry level, and is only good for commuting if you're an experienced rider with money.
>the FZ07 is garbage
Correct, thanks for confirming my statement.

>CBR650
>twin

>FZ1
>Not a beginner bike
>FZ10
>Not a beginner bike

Is there something in the British water supply that causes parkinsons? Why do you have no throttle control? Anything with semi-relaxed steering geometry, real handlebars, and a wet weight under or not too far over 450lb is a beginner bike.

>If you want an actual good bike from that range that isn't a crotch rocket you pretty much have to get a yurobike.
Much better to save your money, start on a shitcan craigslist special, and trade it in or sell it after a few months when you can save cash for a great bike, and you still get experience. If you bumped your budget up by 2 grand you could afford a similar year/mileage street triple, scout 60, or whatever else floats your boat that will be more enjoyable and appealing than any of the parallel twin 650s.

FZ07 is the same as the SV650, Z650, etc. in my eyes. Save for a Versys 650 or something.

Might as well buy a Ninja 400 if you're going to throw your money away on a 650 budgeter.

They all have engines that perform about the same*

Is it even possible for a parallel twin to not sound like shit?

>CBR650 performs like a ninja 650

Lol

Nobikes

>Why do you have no throttle control?
Post bike. Outside of ergos, the engine on the FZ1 is more aggressive than the R1. It's all low end torque.

Why would weight matter, by the way? A Shadow is >250 kilos and I'd call it a beginner bike. Aren't Americans supposed to be heavy? Are you not able to control something if it weighs more than "450lb"?

Right, it performs better. Ninja 650 is a fully faired Z650 which performs like the SV650 and FZ07, none of which compare to the CB650.

It's because extra weight, especially on top heavy nakeds instead of mass-centralized cruisers and sportbikes, reduces confidence at sub-countersteering speeds and parking lot waddling, and increases the chance of injury when a beginner drops their bike and has to pick it up solo.

>The engine on the FZ1 is more aggressive than the R1
It's actually really easy to ride. You could definitely start on an FZ1, but the FZ6 would be a bit better.

Old FZs are also great bikes for modding because of the R6 bit incompatibilities and huge potential weight savings

>net 15lbs savings from full system
>-20lbs front fairing delete and single headlight with alum brackets
>maybe another 5lbs from new rearsets and a centerstand delete
>enjoy your 410lb bike

>especially on top heavy nakeds
Why do I keep seeing this on here? Do you have anything to back up this claim?

Pretty damn close, they're all shitbikes.
It shouldn't have an "R" anywhere in its name.

The tanks are bigger, the bikes are taller, and the discontinued FZs have even more weight on top because of the gooseneck fairings.

Nice dog!

>don't have a license, and it won't have plates or insurance or registration
That's literally never stopped me. Not on a motorcycle at least

>The tanks are bigger, the bikes are taller,
Not every naked has those attributes. It completely depends on the bike