How bad is the drift tax where you are?

>Be Australian
>Have to pay sixty thousand dollarydoos for a 90s jap sports car

Attached: 0BB51416-4AC1-45B1-A95E-7D3B726F804F.jpg (750x790, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1571424291.htm?rsqid=c9a1271df54c4dcc9247019c57a04745
nengun.com/nismo/heritage-parts-for-skyline-gt-r-bnr32
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish i was born 10 years earlier when they were worth peanuts.

>32 gtr
>33 gtr
>34 gtr

lmao

>ugh why are classic cars so expensive
>can people stop buying them for just one fucking minute
>i want one

>94
>Classic
Can you buy me? I’m classic in your book

Attached: E8826E03-990A-495B-A0BC-6F725E94C84F.jpg (250x241, 17K)

literally one year away from legally being classic, don't be an autistic little pedant

>Paying brand new sticker for a 30 year old Nissan

>paying anything for toyota

V-Spec II weren't 60K new.

Hey he maybe a na fag but hes still a supra enthusiast which is the best kind

>tfw want an fd
>no dollarydoos

At least with the supra you can mod the ever living shit out of it, but what the fuck are you going to do with a R32?

Mod the ever living shit out of it?

A Supra is a far better choice.

1994 was 24 years ago

The same shit you'd do to the Supra?

Not mod it because it's fine on its own

adjusted for inflation it wouldn't be far off desu

It's why I'm aiming for gtst or gts4. Aus prices are fucked. r33 is your only hope if you want a cheap gtr. I seen one a 33 gtr for 18k, it probably needs 20k worth of work but its a start.

Also this. I want a FD too but they're 20k min, in america you can find the cunts for sub 5k. REEEEEEEEEEee

For a high powered street/strip car maybe, GTR is a better choice as a tarmac circuit/rally car.

GTR is a better choice for the street/strip as well.

never trade for those prices
r32 gtr 16-35k
r33 gtr 25-45k
r34 gtr 60-100k (excluding high end VSii)

Source, own buy and skyline GTR's in Aus.

Pick a car on carsales and look for how long it sits. Its hilarious seeing some R34 GTR owners post up their non vspec cars for 85, and have them sit there for 8 months.

They are all very special cars, although you can get a lot better of an all round car like an M2 or even R35 GTR, they don't fill the same gap in ones heart.

FD's are fairly cheap. A S6 personal import FD sold for 13.5k just last week in victoria. Easy to pick up a blown engine series 8 for less than 20k. Rebuild might be 8k. 16+8 = 24 isnt to bad for a brand spanker motor.

Lol supra prices are the most hilarious of all. Whats that social phenomenon where people who are joking around inadvertently accrue people who aren't kidding around. Exactly what has happened with the prices of RZ supras. People unironically looking for 60k+ for them.

Look harder friend, trust me. PS the USA FD's are comparably shitter than most in Aus, so don't get too bent up looking at their prices for ones with worse interior trim and older rats nest solenoid system. From one FD owner to a potential one :)

Forgot to mention that you wouldn't want it as a rally car.

It was $95K in todays money.

I know of a fair few 32s and 33s in my club used as tarmac cars.

Tarmac they're probably alright but they aren't really a great choice for anything on looser surfaces.

Reminder that this would've been half the price 5 years ago before they became legal in 56istan.

well it's a good thing rally=!loose surface then.

I think ill aim for a 32 gtst desu since it has back seats. going to build it for hillclimbs. But wouldn't mind a fd to go brapping.

>be aussie
>dump 30k into muh vx 5.7
All gud cunt fuck paying riceroni

Jeez, I'd hate to not be able to handle owning a Skyline

He couldn't. He wrote off a NA 33 lol

wait, serious?!

Attached: karl-laughing-2.png (500x258, 155K)

Why not just buy a ve ss?

Any manual transmission RWD car that isn't a SUV/Pickup is rice taxed to fuck

If you know the story of falcunt. He wrote off a NA 33. Spent 20k on an AU falcon then gave it away and currently has 30k in a vx calais

Why not ls3 swap an older commodore.
Shave all that pigfat away.

This, 25 year rule wasnt enough

>it wasn't my awful driving, it was because the gearbox was thrashed

Attached: man-laughing-loudly-300.png (300x300, 108K)

>not buying a commodore due to elitism
>"drift tax" is actually yuppie wanker tax

Fuck your lies it was a R33 GTST

Because better chassis. With your logic you'd end up with a ls3 vb.
>20k on an au
Explain this, falcunt

40k on a VX1

R31 is 20k here in burg near me.
100k miles is a bit much though.

>AWD GT-R
>Drift tax

What the fuck are you on about you dumb poorfaggot

>key off and on while driving
Suddenly you're in drift mode.

What the fuck are you talking about.

Confirmed for never have driven or being anywhere near an R32 GT-R or any GT-R for that matter.

>What the fuck are you talking about.
literally what I said. While your vehicle is coasting, in gear, key off for a second and key back on.
The car effectively improperly "reboots" without attesa.

Wait how the fuck do I find a sub-5k fd in burgerland, am I just not looking hard enough?

>Wait how the fuck do I find a sub-5k fd in burgerland

you don't. Unless its totaled. Don't listen to that shitposting Aussie. Why would he know how much FD's go for here if you lives in that shithole of a country.

The least amount you're going to pay for an FD is around $10k and it'll be a shitbox.

Attached: 9765867972_9444fb2b9a_k.jpg (2048x1536, 1.3M)

You weren't born 10 years ago?

If there were sub 5k FDs I would have bought them already

As a fanboy, how does it feel to be a dumb wrong cunt? What he said is correct, if you key off and back on while coasting the car will be in 2wd because the wheel speed sensors cannot complete their checks like they would if the car is stationary. It will remain in 2wd until the car comes to a complete stop and then the ATTESA pump will kick back on and it will be back to functioning as normal.

What's worse, the rice tax or the boomer tax?

>10000 CASH NO LOWBALLERS

Attached: 00B0B_7cXoDKRk88j_600x450.jpg (600x337, 32K)

How to havr a cheap dtift car in America and avoid drift tax
>go on craigslist
>look for a Cressida
>buy one from a granny for 2k
>proceed with mods and shit (engine swaps, suspension, stiffen up the chassis, etc.)
>profit
>laugh at fags who pay 6k for S13s

>americlaps get to import Skidlines
>prices go up
>americlaps chad plow Skidlines into telephone poles and crowds
>prices go up

Are burgers the niggers of car culture?

It's $60k cuz it's a fucking V-Spec. They only made 1453 of them so they're a collectors item. Normal R32 GTR's go for $20-30k depending on condition. I bought my GTST for $13k and I'm pretty sure I could spank a stock GTR. Plus with that extra 10k you save you could easily make it faster then the average GTR

Attached: r32 rear.jpg (2048x1361, 408K)

this

I don't care about going fast I just want a cool looking car.
Although a GTR would be nicer.

>excluding government charges
I wonder how much those are.

3k+
rego around $800
insurance 2-5k depending on how much you drive it and who you go through

R32 GTR with 23,xxxkm on the clock is 45K NZD - just ship it over cunt.

trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1571424291.htm?rsqid=c9a1271df54c4dcc9247019c57a04745

can you really make a gtst faster than a gtr? how? corner wise or straight line speed?

I want to build a r32 for a bit of track but mainly street driving and daily usage, idk if i want a gtr for this purpose but it would be nice to do crazy launches from a stop.

>$495 nzd to register a car for a year
ree. its nearly $800 a year in aus.

"watch this bro"
>commodore flies past in cloud of smoke as skyline "reboots"
>So worth 40k minimum

that sounds like a neat trick, especially for long distance travelling.

A Ford falcon shits on a car ya wanks. Why buy an inferior car? Ya watch dakumi and ya think your the goddamned queen herself.

falcons are pigfat and cant turn. gtst can handle 1000x better than your falcon junk.

even though i like x series falcons they will never be able to turn without serious modifications.

At least boomers will be dead soon. It will be interesting to see what happens to 60s and 70s car prices in 20 years

>
gtst can handle 1000x better than your falcon junk.
No it cant, and falcons are garbage. Skylines are also economy car garbage. Everything but the GTR is an economy car.

>even though i like x series falcons
Faggot

>high mileage
>'94
>2.6L
>3400 lbs

>$60,000.00

Lol bustin' sides over here

weebs are unbelievably naive individuals

Attached: WeakInfantileIchthyostega-max-1mb.gif (240x179, 388K)

This guy gets it

>less than 90k miles
>high mileage

Where do you live?

Clearly somewhere without psychedelics in the water.

>implying 90k isn't very high
fucking weebs, cartoons don't make cars magic and it better be magic for 60k for a high mileage heavy economy car. that fucker better rub my balls and call me beautiful.

When they get passed down as inheritance and the kids either don't give a shit about cars or can't afford the upkeep, the market is going to be flooded. It's insane that F40's are over $1m when they built nearly 1400 of them.

hopefully. I would like a boomer mobile but the cunts want stupid amounts for them which im not willing to pay, which is why im moving to 90s jap god machines to satisfy my needs.

How many will be left in 20 years? Boomers are letting them rust in their backyards because they know what they got!

>it's another "I don't know what you can do to an RB because they're illegal in my country" episode

So bad that a fucking 240sx still has the sohc in it for sale for $15k and a any corolla and celica thats rwd starts at around $20k.Hate this state

Have your mind blown for a second

Attached: 4a1731125b4a50439907f7b799b2a4f0.jpg (800x600, 71K)

REEE DELET THIS

Attached: 1519001655199.jpg (680x386, 27K)

Post pic of GTR after posting that pls, I hate supras so much.

you can, by selling the gtst and using the money to go towards a gtr

I think buying a gtr would be worth it, but whats the running costs of owning one? I would like either a 32 in grey/black or a 33 in white. targa events would be its only event plus using it for weekend duties since i have a daily already.

anyone know if you can rego a gtr with the club rego?

Attached: IMG_0715.jpg (4087x2670, 4M)

I want a 32 gtr so bad but they are so expensive in Aus.

What grade was yours when you got it? I'm looking for a grade 3.5 at least, something that has good interior/paint but driveline needs work or good interior/driveline with average paint.

>one the best cars ever made
>insane its worth $1m

you're delusional if you think that price is ever coming down

I don't know the grade, I inspected it in person on a lift before I bought it tho

Attached: 357657.jpg (960x720, 122K)

ah ok, im still undecided on whether to save my money and buy a gtst or actually buy a gtr. i could save 20k overtime for mods to the gtst since they are sub 20k for a decent one and decent gtr's rack upwards of 40k

IMO buy a GTSt and mod it. GTR tax is a real thing and I honestly want another GTSt to actually drive

Do you not drive your gtr because it's expensive to repair or ?

I would like a driver but if gtr tax is going to be insane ill stick with a gtst desu, but there is something missing from the gtst that makes a gtr 1000x cooler, idk what it is.

This.
i love my GTR. Whenever i am behind the wheel i have a huge smile on. But sometimes it'd be nice to have something to beat the piss out of and not care if/when it breaks.

Attached: 28164451_10215151894414387_9069559533805191419_o.jpg (2048x1536, 965K)

I don't drive it much for multiple reasons right now.
>shifty fucks stalking down where it is stored
>Americans on the road could total it
>I drive it like a total asshole when I do drive it, don't want a ticket/jail
>replacement parts are expensive when something breaks

>but there is something missing from the gtst that makes a gtr 1000x cooler, idk what it is.
It sits differently, the wider stance and different body panels make it look so much more aggressive, the ITBs give you such a better throttle response it's insane, and of course the mentality that you're actually in a real GTR.

Won't matter if nobody wants to buy them. Gen x and y will be too busy with their childhood dream projects play with cars from the 60s and 70s unless they have a massive price drop

Yeah. Even if I did have $50k to drop on a gtr, there's no way I could enjoy driving it as it was intended to be.

So even if you mock up a gtst or gts4 to be a gtr its still not the same thing. hmm, thinking gtst driver and a gtr showcar/collector if i get that far. but yeah, even youtubers that own GTRs don't drive them as often anymore, shit must be so expensive to replace.

Hopefully part costs come down a bit when nissan starts building replacement parts for the 32

>when

you mean if. implying nissan gives a shit

pssst. this is old news now
nengun.com/nismo/heritage-parts-for-skyline-gt-r-bnr32