/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

Previous:Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /mk8g/, /ningen/

>Important News
「!」Splatoon 1 SplatNet service ends September 30:nintendoeverything.com/splatnet-service-ends-for-splatoon-on-september-30
「!」Worms W.M.D revealed for Switch:nintendoeverything.com/worms-w-m-d-revealed-for-switch/
「!」Summer 2017 Switch Indies Showcase:youtube.com/watch?v=dY8OCBFl1Qg[Open]
「!」Gear.Club Unlimited coming to Switch December 1:nintendoeverything.com/gear-club-unlimited-out-for-switch-on-december-1/
「!」'Welcome to the World of Lost Sphear' trailer:youtube.com/watch?v=cZGyCYV-U8w[Open]
「!」Pikuniku announced for Switch:nintendoeverything.com/sectordub-devolver-digital
「!」Wii U maintenance tomorrow:nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-maintenance-taking-place-thursday
「!」Pokkén Tournament DX 'New Features Trailer':youtube.com/watch?v=RsZXQeZBCjY[Open]
「!」Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon Veteran Trainer’s Dual Pack announced for NA:gematsu.com/2017/08/pokemon-ultra-sun-ultra-moon-veteran
「!」Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle launch trailer:youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4_QXyo1ew[Open]

>Upcoming Releases
JP -nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA -nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL -nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>3DS Model Comparisons
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch -amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS -amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U -amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ym2FggBe2B4
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/09/jury-finds-nintendo-wii-infringes-dallas-inventors-patent-awards-10m/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Guys the thread keeps deding
We gotta stop this

bump

oh nice new thread

bump again

First for heck yeah I would smooch a ghost.

so what is everyone playing currently?

How are your predictions for Switch after 2 or 3 years? it's starting with two great games like mario or zelda but i don't know how they will top that

>Xenoblade 2
>Metroid prime 4
>some kind of Pokémon game
>dq11 that looks pretty without having to buy a memestation
>no more heroes

I think it'll do OK.

Hopefully we'll get another Zelda by the end of the Switch's lifespan but I guess we'll see.

>Kirby 2018
>Yoshi 2018
>Supposedly they got like other new IPs to show on E3, but they didn't showed them at the end for some reason (maybe some got scrapped)

So which 3ds game is the most comfiest, Animal Crossing : New Leaf, Ever Oasis or Fire Emblem Awakening?

WHEN

AC definitely.

I bought the Tamagotchis instead of the Switch, skimped on the scuba gear but I might need it later anyways, also have a random picture of a Tamagotchi 3DS game to make this more relevant

also robotics;notes when

>also robotics;notes when
soon my man

TONIGHT

Retro Studios announcement when?

Next year, in social media, they will announce Startropics 4. It's gonna be so great, that you don't even have to play the 3 they already made but never released.

never ever

It could be yours right now, just gotta import it. Well, if it's still in stock anyways.

Nibba just do that with papercraft

washed

Honestly, I'm not particularly hype for those. But they're nice games too I guess.

Yoshi looked okay and Kirby looks great.

I cannot wait for Octopath Traveler. That game looks promising as fuck
>sprite-based visuals in a three-dimensional environment.

It's confirmed to show at TGS, right?

>r;n on the switch
I didn't know this was even remotely a possibility

It's possible, A;C is already confirmed and Chiyomaru namedropped the Switch while talking about ports in his private stream.

LE Switch of Kaito's pokecom when

when you convince colorware, or something, to make one.

never ever

LE switch when

Hopefully soon but we'll probably just get LE joycons.

My hope is switch will get more than 12 games before they discontinue it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ym2FggBe2B4
WHERE IS HE

Visiting other planets, the Kirby game this year is actually a massive crossover between many Japanese properties that feature cutesy purportedly alien characters. Please look forward to it.

>purpotedly alien
>aka allegedly alien

will it feature wooser? i hope it has wooser.

forgot the pic

but seriously, "purportedly alien?" what can that even mean?

Yeah

things said to be aliens or from other planets, purportedly allows for technicalities

If Boos are ghosts, how did Bow die?

Whoa, Armored Core is coming to the Switch?

sleeping systems

Picross 3D 2

Just traded in my copy of Super Bomberman R towards Destiny 2.
Waiting for patches for that while I play Everybody's Golf on my Vita.

Destiny is goty.

And it is cross platform! Surely nintendo switch is a new, powerful platform so it should work there too, right?

bump

nice

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bump

nice

>page 9

So, I'll buy a Switch in December.

Did I cover all the must have games?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
Mom Hid My Game!
Mario Kart 8 DX

Add Disgaea 5 Complete and you're golden

FTFY

That sounds like jap shit

Post your ideas for non-sports Mario & Sonic crossover

Marios hat eats sonic and he runs fast.
Like Kirby, but Kirby is dead now.

Waluigi in Big Arms robot with tennis racket

Any of you guys bought a knock-off charger grip for the joycons? I'm eyeing one that costs about $15, but I'm still on the fence.

Don't bother. I think you need you plug in the grip for the controllers to charge, they don't charge any other way.

There's no point if you're docked and can just plug in the joycons.

Well, can't I plug the grip to a power bank? That was my plan anyway.

I guess you could do that. Sounds silly to be using wireless while trying to charge.

Why keep making new threads if they keep dying before bump limit? There's clearly not enough interest for an ongoing general.

Is there a list of games that have notable increases of in framerate/better graphical fidelity on the new 3ds line versus o3ds? Looking to make a purchase of a 3DS but don't know which model I want to get. I should just get a new 3DS but o3ds are only $50.

Good question.

post ability mains

I'd like to see the switch pair with the wiiu as an upgraded tablet.

Get a newer 3DS for the comfiness of the hardware.

As for games that improve FPS I think just Hyrule Warriors does that.

Mario+Rabbids is unironically very very good

Well I'm not gonna spend $150 more on a system if it's not gonna give me any actual benefits. I have babby hand syndrome so it's not like the size is an issue for me.

What do girls say about your tiny dick? Are they intimidated by its small stature?

If that's the case why not get a 2DS?

Girls say my penis looks like a Sega Nomad with TV tuner.

Also, has anyone picked up RBI Baseball?

cause I want the 3D effect. Also o3ds and 2ds are the same price where I am. In fact 2ds are actually more expensive. $69.99 while an o3ds is $49.99

How come there's no game boy player for the ds/3ds?

I'm intrigued...

Then get a NEW model since the OG 3ds have worse visual quality, no stabilization.

>cause I want the 3D effect.
Why?

I can't afford a VR rig

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/09/jury-finds-nintendo-wii-infringes-dallas-inventors-patent-awards-10m/

RIP nintnedo is ded

maybe they shouldn't steal

Well, there goes a single day of BOTW revenue.

F

How come good games are never popular? I'm playing Tropical Freeze again and everything about it is so good.

How did it not sell a billion Wii U consoles?

Same reason why Mario oddesey won't sell.

It is one good game in a pile of shit.

because people don't buy systems for individual games. They buy systems because their friends have them, they have a steady flow of games they want to play (Read: the latest and greatest fifas, maddens, mlb the show/rbi, 2k, call of duty, battle field, etc). EA already came out and said all of their ports to the switch will be inferior to other console versions, they basically fucked nintendo out of any sort of casual audience with that.

Not that it matters, the switch will sell gangbusters when pokemon comes out. guaranteed. The wii u didn't sell because it had NO big blockbuster that everyone HAD to have. Mario maker was close to it, but the weird fucking garbage about locking players away from certain elements of level creation turned off tons of my friends. A few of them just said "it's like that level editor I used on my PC years ago" and that really just fucked it up.

What is the largest USB drive wiiu can handle?

>because people don't buy systems for individual games
>the noticeable rise in sales for the 3ds around the release of x&y
>the noticeable rise in sales for both the 3ds and wiiu around the release of smash 4

>WiiU sales rose 600% on Mario Kart 8 release week

Did those 3DS sales also include 0 increases in sales for other games whatsoever? No, they bought other games with it, x/y was the tipping point. Same with smash 4.

x&y is the only game I bought for my 3ds. a year or so ago I sold both it and the console to a friend who has yet to buy another game for it.
everyone I know who owns a wiiu has only bought smash 4, and every smash 4 owner I know only owns that single game for their system. I also grew up with several people who only bought an xbox for halo.
but perhaps my experiences are an edge case.

2tb

>that kid who bought a 3ds for Sun and Moon and nothing else

>that kid who never got to experience the superior games, X and Y