Why do car drivers hate cyclists so much?

Why do car drivers hate cyclists so much?

Is it because they're overwhelmingly jealous of their physical fitness?
The ability to enjoy life without spending half of your earnings on stupid electronic toys that get boring after 2 weeks?
Their prowess at navigating the streets of dense urban areas quicker than they are?
The self-reliance?
What is it?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (4096x2731, 1.45M)

>"electric toys that gets boring aftrr 2 weeks"
get out of here faggot

'Cause They are Gay soyboys

>spending half of your earnings
That describes every cyclist I know and their obsession with new kit

It's because they block the fucking road when there's a perfectly good bike lane for them to use or a sidewalk with no one on it.

My uncle did cycling races, he has no cartilage in his joints now and is on lifelong pain meds.

How come if it's the car drivers that always quote "but what if it snows/rains/is cold/is to hot" whenever the topic of bicycle commuting is brought up?
Isn't the very essence of what makes a soyboy a soyboy the fact that the soyboy's life is dictated by convenience rather than freedom?

Bicyclists hardened the fuck up to cycle in -30°C weather in heavy snowfall, while at the same time it's unacceptable for a new car to now have aircon.

Attached: cdc410ee28f68d85651dbbd3a69e8e21.jpg (600x450, 100K)

The rich hobbyists who own cars - nice cars - and don't use bicycles as transportation, but rather weekned toys. You know what they do? They buy $2000 carbon fiber road race bicycles and ride them in the middle of the road because the pavement is smoother. That's what you get for riding a carbon bike without shocks. Oh, and they're CULTURED so they know it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk and care about that a lot, because it's about maintaining the law abiding image of cyclists you know!

Everyone else rides walmart mountain bike on the sidewalk because it's fucking deserted since most people drive here. Everyone else is okay.

>The rich hobbyists who own cars - nice cars - and don't use bicycles as transportation, but rather weekned toys. You know what they do? They buy $2000 carbon fiber road race bicycles and ride them in the middle of the road because the pavement is smoother.
Freds are a thing, big news.

>Everyone else rides walmart mountain bike on the sidewalk because it's fucking deserted since most people drive here.
Id rather be a fred than ride a walmart BSO

Because I come around a blind bend on a 100km road to only slam the anchors cause you faggots are riding three a feat taking about how much jizz you drank the day before
And closing roads for your fucking bike fairs

>Looks down on elitist cunts
>Is an elitist cunt over walmart bikes

I still have my old walmart mountain bike. It's fine.

Its not about being elitist about spending muh money but about the quality of a walmart bike.
They're products made for the average american customer that uses it for week and leaves it in his garage with drivetrain components made of chinesium and frame out of cheese.
For 50 USD you could get a nice used rigid MTB from the 1990s era of MTB boom, put some slicks on it and have a commuter that should last you 20 years.

>Cyclists in Europe are road kings
>Cyclists in America are roadkill
Why does America have such a different view?

Cyclists in Europe obey road laws, things like allowing vehicles to pass when you operate well below the flow of traffic

in my country, which happens to be poland, no one gives a fuck about cyclists. they're sometimes bullied (rarely), but overall as long as cyclist does not behave like a faggot, he won't be treated like one. I'm sometimes cycling, and no one gets mad about that, but no one gives me this holy cow treatment either

>was in netherlands once
>had bicycle
>four-lane road, pretty fast one, and crosswalk through it
>i'm on the other side of the road, wanted to get through
>string of cars incoming, pretty fast, pretty close
>i'm not a retard so i won't just walk in like nothing happens, i'll wait for them to pass, most logical conclusion
>cars slow down
>one guy is honking, looks kinda mad
supposedly, if you're a bicycle in netherlands, you have right of way everywhere as long as you don't get obvious red light. it was pretty weird to learn about it this way

For me it depends, i don't hate them all, and i don't hate them just cus they cycle, i hate the way many of them do it

For instance, being stuck behind 3 spandex wearing faggots riding side by side on a road where it's literally impossible to overtake due to curbs on both sides, doing 10-20kmh in a 50 zone for miles on end, looking back at you and yelling at you if you dare honk at them

These are the kind everyone hates, whether you're a cyclist or not, blocking the road doing 20% of the speed limit makes you a huge faggot no matter what

However, there's also some cool cyclists that are fine being on the road

>same stretch of road as mentioned before
>coming up on group of like 15 cyclists taking over the whole road
>god why me
>one cyclist notices me and tells the others
>they all move to the right, by the curb
>i pass them

these guys are fine, same goes for the absolute sonic madmen that i was behind once somehow doing 60 kmh up a steep hill with a 50kmh limit, those guys were pretty cool

but yeah fuck the ones who cycle slow as fuck and don't even try to let people pass

>supposedly, if you're a bicycle in netherlands, you have right of way everywhere as long as you don't get obvious red light.
that's denmark. Dutch have a bicycle culture but you won't get treated like holy cow. Cycling in copenhagen on the other hand is a bliss.

Because they don't use the cycle route the council installed with my fucking taxes and slow traffic to a crawl

Bikefag here, other bikefags (not on trails) are fucking annoying especially the lycra warriors.
Like holy fuck move over you dumb cunt and stop impeding everyone because you want to ride your bike in the middle of the lane. It gets worse on uphill sections and switchbacks.

>Cyclists in Europe obey road laws
HAHAHAHAHAH
t. Eurofag

>Be me
>Driving on 80kph road
>3 lanes, large amounts of traffic, peak hour
>Some old cyclist is going maybe 8kph max and taking up a whole lane
>Can't even stick to the side of the lane, it has to be dead in the middle

How could we not be upset? Plus a bunch of cyclists killed an old guy near me a while ago.

Eurofag here.
Is it legal to ride a bike on the sidewalk in burgerland? Where I live it's not.

On a sidenote you cant ride a bike on the road if it is a bikepath next to it.

>I still have my old walmart mountain bike. It's fine.

100% correct attitude here. My parents brought me a cheap bike as a teen. It was an awesome present then, and it still is now. I think it cost them like $80, but it's served me well and still does.

Absolutely no reason to spend upwards of 1k on a carbon fiber bike for me.

They're hated in Australia too. I think it's because when bike lanes aren't a thing, you have a slow vehicle owned by some old rich prick taking up a whole lane of traffic and making everything needlessly difficult.

fucking this
>town and its neighbors spend loads of money to build some of the best bike trails in existence
>fenced, bordering the woods or riding through them
>perfectly safe, beautiful scenarios
>old farts keep buying spandex and 3000€ road racing bikes
>ride on road because muh tour de france LARP
>MOSTLY RIGHT IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE
>MOSTLY SIDE BY SIDE
>WITH THE BEST GODDAMN FUCKING BIKE ROADS IN THE GALAXY ONE METER TO THE LEFT
ONE DAY I'M GOING TO BUY AN OLD BENZ AND USE THE HOOD ORNAMENT AS A TARGETING RETICLE, GOING RED FUCKING BARON ON THESE DIPSHITS

Attached: exasperated_with_futility.jpg (531x800, 192K)

>On a sidenote you cant ride a bike on the road if it is a bikepath next to it.
You can't here but that doesn't stop them

> Plus a bunch of cyclists killed an old guy near me a while ago
wtf kind of ghetto do you live in

I live in an OK area, but this was in an adjacent one. It's very well to do, and the guys just ran down some old dude crossing the road who had right of way. But because they were rich and white they got off.

Caused a lot of outrage since it shows they have a criminal disregard for road rules.

it's assholes like that who should be deported to war-torn countries

>hate cyclists

Nah. The #1 source of the miles on my car is travelling to access better MTB trails.

>hate roadies

much better

Some cyclists act like entitled SJW's.
They demand safe spaces and respect, yet they don't want to contribute anything but instead handed to them on a silver platter. The concept of obeying traffic laws is alien to them and sharing the road with others aswell.
You also got to see that one bad cyclist spoils them all, it's the same way around with motorists.

>buying a walmart bike
>EVER the correct attitude

NO, just NO. And I say this as someone who LIKES walmart for cycling because they do a damn good job with the trails up in Bentonville.

The components on walmart bikes are leftover junk from china's mass production facilities. On top of that the bikes are usually put together by retard store employees who know nothing about bicycles and can't follow directions (see pic related). Most of the time the bikes require a complete mechanic rebuild to even approach ride-ability.

And god forbid you get a walmart "mountain bike". They're so unsafe on singletrack that they're mandated to have a sticker on them that says "not intended for off-road use". And most of them have antiquated URT "suspension" (usually just a shitty spring without a damper) that does jack shit when you're descending on the pedals, but saps a shitload of your power when you're sitting and spinning up a hill.

It's not elitism. Save your money, buy a respectable used aluminum hardtail.

Attached: retard.png (908x1608, 2.08M)

I don't hate cyclists