Truckerfag Thread - /TFG/

>BJ And The Bear Edition

Trevious Treat: → → →

>44 tonnes of week-old Loves roller dogs
>34 super singles stuck in a Tyson drop yard in Noel, MO
>Sign that lease and I'll cut the zip ties on your trailer tails while you're in the fuel island
>CDL How Get? Private driving school if you can afford it, the training megacompanies if not
>Swift: Best In Taking 45 Minutes To Straight Line Back Into A Truck Stop In The Daytime

/tfg/ Discord:discord.gg/ejeVX36- (For Outlaws only)

>Truckerfag grossed more in 2017 than Google, still can't fix his radio
>Oilfag is collecting the same amount of detention and layover pay Truckerfag is collecting in line haul revenue
>EF is pounding his bunk bunny as you read this (read: his dick)
>Bepis got saved by the Lawd and now delivers Holy Water to needy Spanish Missions in Hialeah
>Balam is presumed MIA
>Primely posted settlements, still makes less than Optimus Leasefag, less pedals equals less revenue
>Primefag has been on hometime for 3 years
>Gundam got a load to Miami, the plot thickens.
>Doubles is waiting for a load because Primefag is single-handedly hauling all the LTL freight in the Northeast now
>Whiney got sideswiped by the ghost of Swift Collisions Past and is presumably in a ravine somewhere taking his 30

>Reminder that busriders are NOT allowed to post here, as they are accursed by God

Attached: cabover_combo_by_drivenbychaos-d4gvx4w.jpg (1280x853, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EPvSS5PhO7M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_domestic_market
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First

Daily reminder 100 lives are lost everyday on US roads by the hands of human drivers, lets all freak out when 1 homeless loser doesn't obey traffic laws and gets splattered by a computer driven car.

>when your directions sure look like I wrong turn

Attached: IMG_20180320_090758~2.jpg (3024x3621, 1.89M)

>a wrong turn
goddam phone poastin

Attached: IMG_20180320_090808.jpg (3024x4032, 3.38M)

Attached: MVIMG_20180320_091738.jpg (3024x4032, 3.2M)

Good OP/10.

Attached: OURTRUK.jpg (1505x917, 166K)

Why is there such a big gap between the trailer & cab?

A E S T H E T I C S

Literally no other reason.

Attached: 46be851a9ffaed4840045eb33866a05e.jpg (960x720, 106K)

Great day to be truckin

Attached: 20180319_171949.jpg (4032x3024, 3.37M)

You'll be thanking the Lord for those fendirrors some day.

Its shit aesthetics

No it's not. It's shit. Eat a bag of dicks.

That’s like saying “More crimes are committed by white people than black people”

Yes, because there are more white people in the US. But when you use logic, there are very few driverless cars on the road and they manage to be worse than attentive human drivers and the average dindu commits many more crimes than the average cracker.

Paper or plastic bag?

Life is more simple when you don’t have to worry about losing your job every day because you can’t piss clean.

If you blow anything over .00, they will make you stop driving and shut you down for 24hrs (which I’m sure will go over well with dispatch). Anything over .04 in a commercial vehicle is a DUI and nobody will want to hire you again.

I didn’t really want to go to mass, but I think her parents were happy to see me there. Their eldest daughter actually found a nice Catholic American boy in this hellhole of a country!

IT'S BUD THE SPUD FROM THE BRIGHT RED MUD ROLLIN' DOWN THE HIGHWAY SMILIN', THE SPUDS ARE BIG ON THE BACK OF BUD'S RIG THEY'RE FROM PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

Attached: 1497686611922.jpg (320x286, 31K)

>Stompin' Tom Connors
My nigga.

Attached: 1481837834814.gif (600x795, 1014K)

There are several pro’s to having a longer wheelbase
And only one con.
And that is shitty drivers ask you how to get around

Attached: B235E9AF-C5F2-412E-B336-A16DA08E7AB8.jpg (1255x578, 357K)

>implying I go north of i-20

Attached: hahahahahaha.jpg (500x333, 27K)

THEY'RE FROM PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

>he's scared of a little white stuff

Pathetic

>having a cushy run makes me "scared" of snow

Attached: Screenshot_20150207145705.png (1440x2560, 1.36M)

Enjoy your frost bite, you big brave retard

You're not wrong, but in pic related why bother with a 48' at this point? You've negated all the pros of a 48' with that massive wheelbase. Might as well go 53' and have less overhang on that load

One of those guys explained it to me once, essentially they can haul stuff and hang it over the front but if it doesn't hang over the rear no oversize permits are required

Right, that's why i was asking about this particular load because it seems to have negated that usefulness, but he probably doesn't haul that long all the time.

got my driving test soon. Any advice?

Attached: 9t8OtTqV_400x400.jpg (336x336, 25K)

A 48' still saves ~2,000lbs over a 53'. A 53' couldn't haul that load without removing one beam, because you can't get overweight permits for divisible loads.

>that front and rear swing
Anything more than an entrance or exit ramp is going to be very difficult.

You have exactly 10 seconds to show how you could have done a better job

Attached: JPEG_20180321_083435.jpg (4032x3024, 1.41M)

At least colormatch the damn tape

Pressed for time m8

You have exactly 10 seconds to explain why your truck isn't JDM as f(wakaba leaf)ck

Attached: 2212018141817.jpg (1494x1494, 505K)

They use fendirrors in USA to display that they are learners.

What actually does that have to do with being JDM?

I dont have a weeb learner sticker. I have fendirror.

Thats why my truck isnt JDM you nasty unwashed weeb trucker

I love em.

Attached: 20180320_190515.jpg (4032x3024, 2.12M)

Look up what JDM means. I don't know why you keep bringing up learners but being a learner or learning doesn't have anything to do with being JDM.

Is that hooked to the air horn?

Yeah so it's functional as well as aesthetic

dafuq is that

I'm sorry yo(wakaba leaf) are retarded.

What actually does that have to do with being JDM?

It's literally JDM. Seriously just look it up instead of samefagging.

It's a tsurikawa. Mine is an orange triangle from a JREast rail in Tokyo

>JDM is public transport standing room only strap hanger
The bus riders are loose.

Is a straphanger from the public bus. user thinks its JDM tyte. Busrider mentality is too hard for him too shake off.

>obese nasty cheesy rolls is aesthetic

Wew i must've really pissed this kid off buy calling out his misunderstanding of my post

>Public transport items are JDM
wewlad

>Functional as well as aesthetic
Not my personal cup of tea, but you do you. How much did that cost? Looks like most guys hang them off the rear bumpers of their cars.

>JDM
I would call it a Japanese add-on, but it isn't really JDM in the technical sense of the term, since it isn't a part meant for a Japanese Domestic Market car.

Attached: IMG_3610_700.jpg (700x467, 97K)

I'd call it a public transport fitting, considering thats exactly what it is. Weebs really are deluded.

youtu.be/EPvSS5PhO7M
Can't wait until this happens with a semi. With LIDAR and cameras it couldn't detect the pedestrian and the driver was too busy updating his facebook.

Alright boys, finally ready to ask this. My 462 visa has cleared and I'll be doing 2 years of work holiday in Australia.

I am DESPERATE to get a job driving a road train or at the very least get behind the wheel of a Titan. If its impossible, fine. I'll do other work and still enjoy it. But I'd at least like to give it a shot. Any Aussies on who could help a dude out? I've logged a million safe miles in the USA, most of them with an 18 speed.

>Is it even possible for an American to get the Australian equivalent of a CDL on work holiday?
>Is there a chance any company hires me when the limit is 6 months with one employer (though I understand trucking may actually fit into one of the exceptions)

I plan on coming home in 2020 and not starting a life down under, but if the pay is right and the job is fun enough I'd consider changing my mind. If that even matters for prospective employers.

This is kinda hard to excuse

This kills the autonomous semi

>2,000 lbs what is this 1997?
500 tops bitch

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

about to start a comfy new job. My last 2 jobs were food delivery and total hell (an ice company and Coca-Cola)

but now I've finally decided to put my X endorsement to use and haul chemical. I wont be home every day which sucks, but trips are out and back. Avg of 3-4 nights home a week, 2 weekends off per month, customer unload, and of course higher pay

Attached: 01ok.jpg (531x343, 43K)

Do you enjoy bashing Lebo's? Are you a fulltime racist? Do you enjoy an alcoholic lifestyle?
If you answered yes to all three, come on over and enjoy playing the best survival game known to man.

A former soldier of mine has been an o/o for a couple years. All his Facebook posts are about how much money he makes now, and how much of a better trucker he is than the others he sees.

Ex-military being a douchenozzle, wow thats a real surprise.

tanker on the left
flatbed on the right

Attached: neet3.jpg (1000x518, 283K)

Birdie =3

Attached: 20180320_190655.jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

I80 Wyoming. Most dangerous stretch of interstate in the country. Yet other truckers keep trying to drive when it snows.

Attached: 8eaf233fbf4c7d6b91bd3866e52aa76b74b2efb1295700083ad7400f433cb711_large.jpg (650x366, 35K)

80 in WY sucks but hardly most dangerous imo. 90 over the divide in Montana, 84 between Pendleton and Ontario, Fourth of July Pass...all worse just out west.

The most dangerous stretch of interstate is probably 90/94 through Chicago, which is just nightmarish. Shitty drivers, shitty infastructure, constant construction, constant SHOOTINGS...I mean fuck at least you wont get murdered by gangs in Wyoming. Special shoutout to 90 through downtown Cleveland with the 30 mph curve out of NOWHERE. Also anything in Florida.

Of course i also have one on my car and by the way yes it is JDM in the technical sense of the term

How many truckers own their own trucks and trailers outright? Then how many actually net 6 figures? Is it a small percentage of drivers?

I see a lot talk about 6 figures but it turns out that's their gross and they actually net 50k. Then the ones that drive for companies seem to make 40k or less

>How many truckers own their own trucks and trailers outright?
Then how many actually net 6 figures?

It's a steel framed combo, so it might as well be 1997.

See He isn't far off.

Any roodypoo with 2 months experience can sign their soul over to their company to play pretend O/O as a lease-op, giving 2/3 of their check back to their company every week for a truck they'll never own.

About 30% figure out going actual O/O is the only real option, but less than a third of those ever actually get their equipment paid off. Either they went into it with $500 in their bank account and go broke perpetually until they can't beg and borrow their way through daily business, or they get stuck in a never ending cycle of leases, rentals, ahs payments, so they never own their equipment outright. These are the ones that squander half their net profit on chrome and truck washes.

The ones actually netting six figures are the ones doing transmission swaps in the parking lot, cabs laden with tools, and only a vague memory of giving anyone money to get their equipment. The advantage an O/O has over a fleet is being able to maintain a truck cheaper, better, and more proactively. The ones with nothing but a credit card and a roll of duct tape in their toolbox are the ones that complain there's no money in trucking, wasting 3 days and a tow bill on a blown radiator hose that they could have swapped 3 years ago for $40.

>JDM
Please explain why you think that a handle from a train is considered a part that is for a Japanese domestic market car, which is what the term is designated for.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_domestic_market

>No mention of Snoqualmie Pass

>Florida

We actually have the smoothest roads in the country for the most part, with the exception of parts of I-4 because our toll budget actually goes back into maintaining our infrastructure unlike the rest of the country which siphons their toll money for gibsmedats and commissioner pay (looking at you Pennsylvania) and fills a couple of potholes each year.

Florida sucks because of two key areas, I-4 through Orlando, just on GP, and Miami, both because of traffic. Orlando double-sucks because all of the bypass roads around it are toll roads and there is pretty much no dodging them unless you want to sit in a parking lot for 2 hours.

>select all images with traffic lights

To be fair a small percentage of O/O started with a leased truck, Prime actually has an entire fleet of just those guys. Fully independent, power only, separate authority and insurance, picking from loadboards hauling Prime freight and if I remember they get 90% of the action and most of those guys are hauling minimum 2 and 3 dollars a mile

Honestly leasing a truck is a great way to learn how to be O/O and learn all the freight lanes that pay and the ones that don't, the idiots are the ones who keep leasing over and over and never own anything. I've leased a little over a year and learned so much, and still have a ways to go, but it's not a bad stepping stone to full O/O

Because it was purchased Domestically from a Market in Japan and imported here
Now come on and stop shitting up the thread just because you're jealous

There are company drivers making six figures. Just be creative about how you use your CDL, I've found the more you do things other than just drive the more money you can make. You'll never make six figures going from Americold to Americold.

I have zero interest in becoming an O/O in this day and age. If I were to buy a truck it would almost definitely be a full height 22' straight truck doing local expedite. Guys get butthurt about not being a real truck driver without a trailer, but how many times have you seen forklifts come out and just lip skids off the back of a box truck in the parking lot while all the sucker trailer drivers wait 5 hours to get a dock? The margins are also way higher operating a vehicle that consumes less fuel and is basically invisible to DOT, not to mention the unlimited advantages of staying local.

Also, no matter what truck you are buying, if you are going to own a truck you are better off paying someone else to drive it almost 100% of the time. Unless you have a specialty and can do things very few other drivers can its just a new way to get fucked. You risk EVERYTHING to make 10-15% more money. If you like being an OTR driver hopping from DC to DC then work for a company.

>giant steel girders
>nothing resembling a headache rack
How to kill yourself swiftly and painfully.

Lots of people are students of the "If it never ever happens then its not a problem" school of thought.

I80 pretty flat desu

My truck has Nippon Denso electrics does that make it JDM now?

>I've found the more you do things other than just drive the more money you can make
So how many dicks do you suck each night to supplement your income?

Only if you can make sure it was manufactured in Japan. It doesn't count just because the head quarters is there

*takes your job*

Attached: tesla.png (804x573, 611K)

>*runs over pedestrian and kills them*
FTFY

Just like anons made in china JDM strap hanger.

Lmao honestly what made you so upset

So there I was, barrelling down cabbage on the eastbound in my corn flake hauling a roach coach. I was trying to back it down, but as I came around a turn there was an alligator in the granny lane. And I have some hitchhiker on my donkey. So I hit the power lane as quick as I could, but this rollerskate collects it.

>>he's scared of a little white stuff

Is that how you justify taking loads in the TA bathroom too?

Upset? I just pointed out your idiocy. Dumb weeb.

You didn't point out shit
You're just jealous my truck is jdm fresh

You are just upset that you are now aware that ypur public transport fitting is a common thing the world over.
I'm not jealous of your standing room only busrider hanger strap that was made in china.
Please come again.

Being common doesn't make it any less JDM or any less cool

Cool strap, user. I like it.

>*Breaks down on I-44*

FTFY

Attached: 29197294_1686426061439719_3402180896676118528_n.jpg (720x960, 73K)

Keks, that grill and headlights look like a catfish or whale shark

Attached: 071227-whaleshark-mouth-02.jpg (650x532, 60K)

No Tesla said today it wasn't broke down they were just doing a totally on purpose mid trip test

Kek. Who wouldn't want a truck that evokes the gentle giant of the sea? The great white sharks large retarded Lennie from Of Mice And Men cousin?

>when you just can't give up the busriding life

train*

Bus is correct.

Attached: straps-to-hold-to-maintain-balance-in-a-commuter-bus-G2NDEC.jpg (1300x1130, 155K)

Except it's not because it literally came from a train

It's a first gen test mule.