Tesla Motors

Why aren't you driving a Tesla, user?

Attached: Drives in Electric.png (1163x593, 784K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/energyinnovation/2018/03/14/charging-an-electric-vehicle-is-far-cleaner-than-driving-on-gasoline-everywhere-in-america/#5395b92771f8
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306261911008580
lithiummine.com/lithium-mining-in-chile
insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/
google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/news/5207/this-video-reminds-us-that-the-tesla-model-s-is-an-awful-track-car?source=dam
forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/critical-design-flaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's vaporware

Because I'm a poorfag in college and can't afford more than my $2k shitbox.

Because I frequently drive more than 300 miles a day and can't wait for twelve hours in the middle.

Because the Tesla semi isn't out yet and the infrastructure hasn't been built to support it

I want a car that will last more than 2 years

>why aren't you eating turds user?
gee i wouldn't know

wrong
good answer
where do you live that there aren't any superchargers?
valid answer
wrong
opinion so acceptable

3.5/6 you're getting better Veeky Forums

>75 minutes for supercharger
>3 minutes max pumping gas
Gonna pick gas.

>where do you live that there aren't any super chargers?
Most of America. Everywhere that there aren't a shit ton of dumb cucks who think electric cars are actually better for the environement.

Electric cars are actually better for the environment.

forbes.com/sites/energyinnovation/2018/03/14/charging-an-electric-vehicle-is-far-cleaner-than-driving-on-gasoline-everywhere-in-america/#5395b92771f8

He's talking about making and recycling all the batteries, which is worse than decades of ICE use.

no, that is a common misconnection and an incorrect assumption.

how much and where are the laptimes?

Elon pls go

none of us can afford your cars anyways

No one can. The only reason sales were so high in places like Norway and Sweden is because the gubment subsidized half of it. One the tax breaks end sales fall off entirely.

>misconnection
Okay, bud.

Because they cost too much, handle like shit in anything more than a few inches of snow, my electricity bill is already fucking crazy, and it's cheaper in the long run for me to drive my shitbox that gets 35mpg.

Except it's not. The damage caused by mining for the lithium is more dangerous than years of ice usage.

Stop sucking musks dick.

Maybe if you read the article lol

>Handle like shit in anything more than a few inches of snow.
Lel, go drive a snow plow or something. Nothing is going to handle well in snow other than snow vehicles.

>citing an article made by a liberal, biased news organization
>doesn't even mention the damage that comes from mining

Lol

>snow vehicles

>SNOW
>VEHICLES

This is bait.

Lithium mining is pumping water through rock and letting it evaporate. Leaving lithium salts behind.

The article literally doesn't talk about how shitty lithium is, dumbass, because they know it would derail their agenda.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306261911008580
>Lithium based batteries show the most significant GHG and metal depletion impacts.

Where the fuck did you hear that from? It's mostly mined from pegmatite, which, if you didn't know, requires massive fucking open mouth mines.

>using forbes as a scientific source
we cant take you seriously when you act like a fucking retard

Attached: 1521315628602.jpg (563x503, 21K)

they've been saying every Tesla project was Vaporware since the Model S and every single project has debuted and stood up to the hype (albeit a bit later than planned)

lithiummine.com/lithium-mining-in-chile

Tesla cars are fine, its the brand i worry about.

that's the thing about being on the cutting edge, you have to work hard to stay sharp. their strength is that Musk puts out some crazy goal, and then his engineers step up to the plate, every single time. i'd start worrying when they don't step up and when they start faltering.

Now let's look at all the oil spills

> tfw the meat industry is far worse for the environment and people than fossil fuels but people would rather spend billions revamping their infrastructure than just eat a little less meat.
> fossil fuel and automotive industry ceos would rather waste money lobbying than point their fingers at the meat industry and get people to eat less meat to reduce emissions and meet the CO2 quotas set on them

okay so then what do we do. the meat industry and the global transportation industry are by far the two worst for the environment in terms of methane and CO2 production

nuclear powered ships and artificial lab meat. ez.

Serious question, how does the average normie even handle the G-Forces on the body to go from a standing 0 to 60 mph in 1.9 seconds?

>generate power for electric car
>energy is lost in the plant itself due to 40-45% thermal efficiency
>burn more coal to compensate
>energy is lost in the transmission lines
>energy is lost in the charger as heat
>in the conversion from magnetic to mechanical energy, there is losses due to heat

>be skyactive 3 engine with 56% thermal efficiency
>get shit on by teslafags for not being green and progressive enough

it's a "target" spec you blind mazda fanboy. go suck on a rotary somewhere else holy fuck

SEETHING

hi elon

I value the environment

Nope. Not over a full LCA

Attached: 5c2c043e-0188-11e6-a9b2-800cbf78bba6_image_hires[1].jpg (1499x855, 90K)

Pretty much this. That’s not to say if you’re now waiting for a spot to recharge and 75 minutes becomes 150.

Attached: ree.png (644x800, 210K)

Here's the tesla fag you mentioned. Absolutely ass blasted.

Attached: 1521223994132.jpg (1074x925, 147K)

(((bernstein)))
Really makes you think what shares he shorted

Attached: xn6IJn.png (713x1145, 182K)

No replies from Teslafags because they literally cannot argue fact.

Attached: 1521407458130.gif (290x189, 1.24M)

They aren't making long range dual motor model 3s yet

EV co2 depends on what made the electricity. Age can get cleaner as grid power gets cleaner. Gasoline cannot improve that much.

>Gasoline cannot improve that much

Attached: 1521152090787.png (811x628, 93K)

Thermal Efficiency.

Look at the extremes VW had to go to for a 100km per liter car.

>620 mile mile range

>read vaporwave the first time around

Attached: 1462585482473.jpg (1024x1024, 98K)

For 90 percent of Americans, 10 percent of their yearly driving is beyond 80 miles a day.

Becuase they kill their owners and stay in the shop when not killing their their owners.

for 90% of Americans their one way commute has an average speed of 35mph and is under 35 miles. See how easy it is to use data to support a point? 200mi range EV's are perfect for the vast vast majority of Americans, probably about 85% or so

I'm poor. If I had the cash to expend I would have bought a P100D right after I test drove one.

>EV co2 depends on what made the electricity
If I lived in europe I might consider a BEV but our electricity generation here is far too polluting and not going to get better under the orange-o-tang.

Do what this guy suggested
artificial meat isn't there yet for replicating the taste and texture of what we eat but it's getting there and it's suitable for meals where you would use ground meats like a burger or spaghetti.
Not even memeing either but try some soy substitutes. I prefer soy chorizo over meat chorizo since they nailed the taste and texture for it

Not my style

i would obviously buy one if i could afford it

I can't wait for the track times. It's going to destroy everything. An instant torque track tuned electric car.

So if every single house and business in the world was powered by a Mazda generator instead of power lines the earth would be cleaner? Use your brain dipshit.

>power transmission has too many losses
>unlike gasoline which is just born in a gas station, no refining and transportation energy to speak of

I'm kinda depressed at how good electric cars are becoming. There is literally no reason to drive ICE now that this shit is faster than anything previously made.

Attached: IMG_5936.png (686x798, 33K)

Ill get one when i win the lottery

>faster than anything previously made
In a straight line once or twice before the battery dies, sure. On the track? Fuck no.
>insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/
>google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/news/5207/this-video-reminds-us-that-the-tesla-model-s-is-an-awful-track-car?source=dam
Also, even the Tesla fan boys are figuring out their cars are pieces of shit. Don't worry, ICE will be around for a while.
forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/critical-design-flaw

Attached: 1521578513599.gif (442x320, 978K)

Because if I wanted an EV and had half a mill burning a hole in my pocket I'd build my own or have one built.

Who the fuck blind buys some load of shit like that?

Attached: zombie.png (1230x539, 125K)

The flagship is still slower than an FR-Slow.

Attached: Tesla-BTFO-Again.jpg (1521x459, 337K)

Bacause I can't afford a quater of a million dollar American electric pieces of shit so I have to settle for reasonably priced Japanese cars instead.

not enough pop pops, bang bangs, and vroom vrooms.

Attached: you.jpg (569x555, 98K)

me too but it comes down to avoiding being intentionally destructive.

Because they are built like shit.

Which is really saying something. Chevy gets high marks on the Bolts build quality whereas Tesla can't stop having their cars come from the factory already broke.

Because Musk is a massive faggot with tons of luck, Reddit is full of shills, and we're killing ourselves and rainforests in quicker pace, because faggots now need tons of shit from there just to make batteries that will long less than 4-5 years. We will completely kill off rainforests and basically shoot ourselves to the feet before 2020.
Also, I can't spend more than 5 grand on shitbox, because I'm 3rd worlder.

The shit that evaporates?
Oh just a shitton of sulfur dioxide and Carbon mon/dioxide

Because Rimac is better and more Based

Attached: wallhaven510175.png (1080x1920, 1.29M)

Because I won't drive SUV's, the Model 3 isn't here yet, and the Model S has so many downsides on top of not being a very good car to begin with.

umm I am user,

Had a p85 then a p85d both sold. Just got my 3 two weekends ago.

>its pretty good desu

nice. You on 2018.10.4 yet? The new AP is supposed to be really slick.

The two Honda electrics are the first time I've actually wanted an electric car. Tesla is a fat expensive meme that only cares about 0-60 times.

Attached: tesla most trips.png (621x173, 66K)

10.4 hasnt been pushed to the 3s yet. I am on 10.1

I am excited for .4 though.

Honestly the biggest problem so far has been the phone key. Sometimes it doesnt unlock the car quick enough

Android? .4 fixes some of that I believe, for Android devices.

Do you not use proximity unlock?

Because I like cars.

frig off rick

Hahahahaha How Can Pulotion Be Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From Coal Like Use Uranium Haha

No seriously, why are we still burning coal instead of turning it into diamonds?

because nuclear power is spoogy :(

Cause it's not a cheap truck/motorcycle

It won't work half of the year here, average temp between November and march is -40c

I wan't to modify my car one day and make it my own.
I am not a rich trustfund baby soyboy who's absolute highest level of automotive knowledge equates to using the gas station air compressor one time because an alert was going off for low PSI and then calling AAA when I couldn't figure out what to do.

Seriously how tf could you buy a fucking Tesla unless you hate every other car and just want something that will make your life as little car related as humanly possible.
>don't need to drive it
>handles like shit
>cannot modify a single component
>cannot make it faster
>no engine noises
>nothing interesting in the looks department. Generic car best case scenario fugly car worst case
>expensive as fuck
>cant do road trips or even all day car meets/ drives because of limited range

no I am iOS.

Proximity unlock was spotty too, so when they updated to 10.1 it switched to door handle activation. At least that's what I was told. Its a bit better.

The crazy thing is I carry my iphone in my back pocket and its unreliable. But if it carry it in my front pocket or like my hoodie pouch it works every time.

But overall, alot of what the magazines are saying is true.

The car is fast and handles very very nicely. Smooth ride. Its seems much better built then my model s was.

I think when they make a performance version I will trade for it.

I heard the Model S had the steering ratio of a 1980s truck. Was it really that bad?

Honestly, because I'm poor.

Might be your phone case?

In all of the ones I’ve been in it seems pretty tight, but the overall feeling of weight brings it down a bit. The 3 has a smallish steering wheel which helps

>Nuclearmeltdown.png

I like ICE's and the noises they make

0 minutes at gas station if your recharge at home like most do.

Everyone here talking about range and charging during their fictional cross country trips that never happened.

You can always play ICE noises through speakers like bmw does.

the biggest divide in opinion with the 3 seems to be the sound system. I've read reviews that either say it's incredible or it's horrible. What do you think?