The perfect police car

The Crown Victoria is basically the best one ever designed, but if you were tasked with making a BETTER car, what would you do?

>Car
>Modifications
>Why it would be better than the Crown Vic

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

I'd just get one of the new SUVs or Chargers.

AWD is superior to RWD for policing duties, so the Taurus really is a better police car in every right. It's faster, handles better, has the same functionality, and cops like driving them too. More than the Crown Vics, despite popular opinion on Veeky Forums where no one is actually a cop.

I'd give them something pathetic looking so they'd stop roleplaying as tough guys keeping the streets safe when they're basically meter maids of the open road.

check m8

Attached: VE_Holden_Commodore_SS_series_2_Highway_Patrol_-_Flickr_-_Highway_Patrol_Images.jpg (1606x962, 391K)

Attached: 1485002326252.jpg (600x708, 44K)

>implying police keep the governments or corporations in check

They don't even keep the common person safe let alone anything serious like that. They sure do suck a lot of money to just show up 30 minutes after you've been robbed and murdered to write a report and then maybe annoy some people on the road for a laugh while they regret not making it into the army.

my idea for a better police car would be a bit of a mutt.
1: Body on frame. This proved useful for police due to the ease of repairs. It can't be a Crown Vic frame though because it needs to meet current safety regulations, so likely a completely custom frame. Or it could, possible, be borrowed from a current truck.

2: GM small block V8 engines. Standard would be a 5.3L Truck engine, with the more powerful models getting a 6.2L These things are bulletproof reliable and swapped into everything for a reason. Plus, it's physically small and dead simple to work on.

3: 6 and 8 speed automatic transmissions, with a RWD drivetrain, and an optional AWD drivetrain for northern areas.

4: It needs a competent independent rear suspension. The Crown Vic was capable of being outhandled by minivans

basically this, but body on frame, optional AWD, and the 5.3L and 6.2L V8s

Attached: 1482146388894.jpg (1600x1200, 1.32M)

Boy your a cynical fuck. Where did the bad policeman touch you?

in my wallet, like the dirty pig fucking jews they are

Just give them Mitsubishi Mirages, criminals can't outrun the radio so they don't need fast cars. The car itself is as cheap as can be.

You know you could just I don't know? Not commit traffic offenses? Or not do it blatantly?

Attached: timthumb.php.jpg (593x781, 248K)

The current Taurus is likely the best right now if you don't count the full size SUVs.

actually, I objectively think the Charger is best right now.
>V8
>RWD
>optional AWD

Well i was going to suggest that fuel economy was better on the taurus until I looked at fueleconomy.gov. The 5.7 Charger actually squeaks a little better highway than the AWD SHO. I wouldn't have guess that.

So many forces have cancelled their contracts with FCA because the Charger is such an expensive piece of shit to maintain as a fleet vehicle. They're unreliable as fuck and cost taxpayers a shitload in repairs. Only retardedly poor police forces or ridiculously rich ones (like CHP) keep using them.

Um no. It's not AWD, very important because we don't always stay on the road. The seat is VERY low to the ground, giving you worse visibility. They're not reliable, simply put, it's recommended to retire them after a little over 100k miles. All the ones I've driven are between 80-120k and the engine sounds funny, like a lawnmower with marbles inside. Also they fucking blow up when hit from behind. Then there's smaller things that make your life hell, like the AC not working in any of them, or the seat belt no longer pulling itself back when you take it off (basically you can't wear your seatbelt because you'll end up tangled when trying to get out quickly). Overall I'd say it's the worst I've driven, hands down. The school bus sized Tahoe is a close second (has extremely shitty traction and poor handling).

The Taurus is actually pretty decent. SUVs seem to be the favorite among most officers, because of the space you have mostly. You'd be surprised how cramped it is in there with all that equipment, then all the shit you're wearing.

Charger only gets a V6 with AWD.

crown vic is fucking garbage and it only comes in automatic kill self

This is a thread about cop cars you fucking retard. Nobody is driving manual for police work.

>criminals can't outrun the radio
But they can hide from it.
t. Has ran from the cops successfully after getting caught doing triple digits.

This. The Taurus probably isn't the best option possible, but it's the best option that departments actually buy.

I liked the Chevy impalas too, but we trashed those when the AC blew out of every single one of them. Some only had like 50-60k miles...

After having the pleasure of being forced to drive Fords and Chevys at work, I'll never, EVER, spend my own money on one. Seems like every little thing the engineers could do wrong, they did wrong. Things like the placement of key buttons, the AC for example, in the Taurus they don't use knobs like every other car ever. They use these touch screen type buttons that aren't always responsive. And they put them on the bottom of the center console thing way under the radio buttons. So to mess with your AC you have to take your eyes way off the road and find the buttons then press them like 3 times before they do anything. That's unsafe as fuck, I can't believe any car designer would do something so stupid. What's worse is the labels on the buttons rub off and you have no idea what you're pressing.

There's a reason they (everyone else) makes these controls as big, easy to find without looking, knobs and put them high up on the dash. Then there's other things like the seatbelt losing elasticity I previously mentioned. The notes engine issues alone should be reason enough to avoid the brand. This is more of an overall review of Ford I guess.

Toyota Avalon
Two drivetrains, one front, one rear, both powered by Iron Dukes. Mistubishi Turbofan engine mounted to roof when it actually needs to go fast.

look again.V8 Charger has it as an option.
The V6 Challenger is the only one where AWD is restricted to the V6

Please gods give us all Golf TSI's. They're faster and handle better than any of the shit we have, and shoving a scumbag in the tiny back seat would be punishment in itself.

>show up 30 minutes after you've been robbed and murdered
You get what you pay for. It's the city that's robbing us, and you not wanting to pay any taxes for anything. Don't complain about the shitty essential services you receive when you pay us shit.

They used to offer an AWD V8 trim. It may be police only now.

Yeah, I remember a R/T AWD. It was dropped due to unpopularity, at least on the civvie market.

An SUV or Truck is superior to a sedan for civilian usage as the declining sales of sedans shows and the same goes for law enforcement fleets. It's mostly Explorers, F150's and burbans here.

Attached: unmarked.jpg (1024x683, 228K)

That’s a damn shame. I’ve been looking around for an affordable car with AWD and a good chunk of HP. Then again, I’d be stuck with a dodge interior.

>and cops like driving them too

False. Many cops hate them. You can't see shit out of them, you can't get in or out with all the shit they have strapped to them, and in that regard they don't hold a candle to the Vic. The only reason they continue to use the Taurus is because they higher ups making that decision see the price point and the name Ford and don't care about anything else.

Lots of forces are going to the Charger, which has been working good, has decent visibility for a new car, and they can get in and out of them no problem. The regional cops in my area had 1 new Taurus when they first came out and a bunch of vics. After a week the Taurus sat in the lot 24/7. Hell the first time an officer was forced to use it again the battery was dead. They sold it off and got a pair of Chargers and the damn things ran 24/7 because they liked them so much.

>Not AWD
Not necessary. A LSD rear end would've been fine for anything the 5-0 is doing.

>They're not reliable
What.

>Seat belt doesn't retract
Clean the belt you disgusting pig.

My first car was a used and abused 06' CVPI. Over 400 idle hours and 140k on the clock. Literally drove it like I stole it everyday, because it had a cop motor - a281-cubic-inch plant. It had cop tires, copsuspension, and copshocks.

After numerous neutral drops it was finally time for a transmission.

All the State police I've seen in IL and MO run Chargers. Locals run a mix of Taurus, Charger and Ford/GM SUVs. A few Crown Vics still float around here and there.

>GM Alpha Platform Wagon
>5.3L V8 From a Pickup, making 400 hp
>Really aggressive cylinder deactivation to save fuel, like 50% throttle to get all 8 cylinders
>10-sp Auto
>Lifted to the height of a Cross-Over, but a SRA with coils on all 4 corners
>suspension setup like a rally car

It'll have a really great and reliable V8, with the new Ford/GM 10-sp so it will be easy to get parts, downtown will be minimal. The aggressive cylinder deactivation is to help save fuel. Most of the time they are just idling around town. With the 10-sp they should hit high teens maybe low twenties MPG. With the Alpha platform its pretty light weight helping with fuel economy. The higher ride height will help them spot people on their phones texting, it will also help hop over curbs, especially with the rally car style suspension.

The Crown Vic can't be the best because the Caprice existed. It's very good, though.

>Most of the time they are just idling around town

Want to know how I know you haven't done any cop watching?
>Sitting at pavilion near police station
>Stop sign to stop sign police cruisers roll and display exhibition of speed to the next stop sign
>Light turns green? Full speed ahead captain!
>Pulling out of a drive? Full speed ahead captain!
>Turning soon? Full speed ahead captain!

There's absolutely no reason US police to drive like 16 year olds. None at all. However, the truth if the matter is, most officers are stuck in the 16 year old mentality. Irrational, erratic, and tripping with power.

>The seat is VERY low to the ground, giving you worse visibility.
The window sills and dashboard edge are also VERY low to the ground compared to modern cars, you have better outward visibility in a Crown Vic than you do a modern Taurus.
> They're not reliable, simply put
stopped reading there lol

>All the ones I've driven are between 80-120k and the engine sounds funny, like a lawnmower with marbles inside.
It's an overhead cam engine with the chains- pretty beefy ones, at that- directly at the front of the engine bay, of course it's gonna go click-clack-click you fool.

When did you get out of prison, Frosty?

Unironically pic related. for interceptors.
>fast
>maneuverable
>big enough to haul perps
>awd is good in weather
>reduced fleet upkeep cost

Smarts/Scooters for traffic enforcement. Explorers and chargers are shit choices.

Forgot pic

Attached: tesla-model-s-police.jpg (625x423, 96K)

Civilians have little use for trucks and SUVs in reality. In their fantasy they're this rugged individualist who hauls bales of hay and has to cross rivers and rock crawl just to get to their house. In reality they'd be better served by something more efficient with good handling, then they can just rent a truck when they have need.

Police uses are different, first of all we need more space. There's a ton of shit that goes into a patrol car, and fat people can't fit in the sedans (in the front or in the cage). We also need more trunk space for spike strips, rifles, cones, boxes of flares, etc. We also need to drive over curbs sometimes and drive off road. A bigger vehicle is also a bigger piece of cover. The only negative is they handle like shit so pursuits are going to suffer. It seems like it'd be best to keep a mixed fleet of mostly SUVs and some sedans for chases (which aren't actually a thing anymore really due to liability but we're not supposed to tell you that).

Staties are rich, they get the biggest cut of the drug money they allow in from the cartels. Reliability and operating cost are non-issues for them.

>Civilians
>I'm the hurp durp police
>I'm Barney Badass with my gun hurp durp
>The police academy is very hard!
>Hurp durp I'm parking in a no parking zone hurr
>Hurr doing 15-20 over the speed limit because no one to police the police
>Look at me breaking laws daily, I'm exempt
>Just ate 1200 calories so I can sit in the cruiser all day

Police have little use for handguns and long arms in reality. In their fantasy they're this rugged individual who is going to catch murders and crime lords. There's a lot of useless shit to go into cruisers, but someday they think they might need it. Better safe than sorry.

Even if they don't use the truck for truck things it's still more practical than a sedan. They both get about the same mpg's these days. Nobody tracks their sports sedans either.

Pretty much any of their trucks and the EB Explorers will have no issues chasing down jamal in his Ultima. The "trucks can't handle" thing is a meme.

I like the Taurus but I'm not a fat ass. The fat asses indeed hate them and prefer Vic's to them because they fit better. That's a non-issue though, they need to be less fat or they can just take an SUV and not be one of the squad pursuit guys. What really suck are the fucking Chevy Caprices. Worst size and shape possible for a police vehicle.

The visibility is shit indeed, but it's shit in every police car, just really shit in the Taurus. Regardless of the vehicle you're going to have shit rear visibility due to the cage, which is why back up cams are almost a necessity.

I haven't driven a charger yet but I'd like to just because they're cool. It's nice to have that intimidation factor, but the more we pay in repairs the less money we have for vital shit and we're already operating on a skeleton crew with decades old gear.

>Intimidation factor
>Protect and serve
The absolute state of burgers.

Kindly kill yourself, poser.

>most

I used to be an edgy teen who hated cops, now I am one because I got really into first responder stuff and it seemed like a good fit. I still am very critical of police and not afraid to speak candidly of them. From what I've observed in two radically different departments is this:
>70-80% are normal people
>10-20% are overzealous (take their job way too seriously)
>5-10% are assholes (manlets, retards, people who just shouldn't be cops)

Adjust the rates based on the department. Typically smaller towns have more overzealous ones and bigger cities have more assholes, but it's still only 5-10% which translates to 1-2 per squad, and I have a low tolerance for what I consider an asshole. You're wrong if you think it's most, unless there's just more in your region but I doubt it's much different. Some guys just have masculinity issues and see people that are obviously way more masculine and bad ass than them and hate them in every way possible. Others are just brainwashed by cherry picked youtube videos and fake news.

>There's a lot of useless shit to go into cruisers
The stuff that takes up space that we're talking about is the modules for the radio, lights/siren, and MDC (laptop). That's it, and those are absolutely vital things... The cage also takes up space restricting your seat from being able to adjust comfortably. There's a reason so many of us end up with back problems.

Also your gay little impotent rage post is a prime example of this >Some guys just have masculinity issues and see people that are obviously way more masculine and bad ass than them and hate them in every way possible.

britbong here
always mired the crown vic, wish we had it here. It looks so comfy

>Then again, I’d be stuck with a dodge interior.

>2011+ LX interiors
>bad

Nigga...

Also, cops still get the Hemi AWD

Attached: Dodge-Charger-Pursuit-Dsh.jpg (1000x652, 61K)

>8 britbong "cops" running from some jig with a knife.gif

>The "trucks can't handle" thing is a meme
I've driven all sorts of cars on the driving track. The one that wrecks most (goes off the track into the dirt) is the Tahoe. The thing simply can't keep traction, there's too much momentum for it to turn at high speeds. It's also the only one I've ever seen roll over. Once fully, and once almost during a reverse to cover drill (reverse at high speed then cut a quick turn).

The explorers are similar but not as bad as the Tahoe, but they certainly don't handle as well as a Caprice, Impala, or Taurus (best of the 3). Most of the driving instructors prefer the Vic, because in their words "it's just a dumb, fast car with no bells and whistles." I think it's just become a meme car for the old dogs since it's what they're used to.

The Vic is an extremely predicable shitbox, user.

Point it where you want it to go and it'll go there. Simple as that.

>Protect and serve
That's not every police officer's job description, that's just the motto of the NYPD and other departments that have copied it.

Go do a ride along in a real city and you'll see why it's important to have an intimidation factor. There are pieces of shit out there that your sheltered suburban ass can't imagine existing, and they absolutely need to be kept in line. We can't have soyboy and soccermom cops riding around in police interceptor Prius's. That's going to get people hurt.

There's a difference between rolling up in a loud ass Charger, hopping out and being 6'5" and jacked, rather than rolling up in a bitch car and getting out and being a manlet or woman. One is more likely to be punched in the face. Some criminals are like animals, they are literally still at the evolution level where they only respond to violence and intimidation. You have to master that if you get stuck in an actual shitty area or you're going to get walked all over or hurt/killed.

Try getting it up a hill with a light amount of snow on the ground, or on a muddy path.

Shit, even non-Interceptor CVs are predictable as hell. Aim the wheel, push the gas, it goes in that direction. RWD means no torque steer and while the ass end on Panther bodies is notoriously easy to kick out the instant you go off flat, smooth pavement, it's also gradual and very easy to both feel and correct for.

Nonsense you shitlord, police should drive little hatchbacks and be unarmed like in the enlightened UK

Attached: meanwhile in London.gif (400x224, 3.99M)

or you know, not live in a shit hole country.

The intimidation thing is hilarious everywhere that isn't a violent gangster paradise city, which is the vast majority of the country by landmass, and you get tatted up military reject cops in big scary police cruisers dealing with the extremely dangerous cletus and his domestic violence disputes or baby sitting drunk college kids or maybe rolling up on some teenagers with cigarettes.

It's caused public opinion of police to fall to depths that are only dug deeper every time the media has a hayday over another brutal beating or death.

>military reject cops
Dude it's way easier to get into the military than to get into a PD...

>In a real city

Okay bud.

Police officers and Sheriff's
>Fatal injuries in 2016: 14.6 per 100,000 workers
>Total: 108 fatal injuries, 28,740 nonfatal injuries

I've been a machine operator, construction laborer, roofer, logger, san an agricultural employee. All of which are more dangerous, statistically, than a fucking police officer.

Logging
>Fatal injuries in 2016: 135.9 per 100,000 workers
>Total: 91 fatal injuries, 900 nonfatal injuries

Your job is hardly dangerous if we look at statistics. You've been brainwashed into believing everyone is out to get you. You're a trigger happy fool, that's it. I've dealt with heifers far more dangerous than anything a cops around here deal with.

By the way, I believe the NYPD is the fattest department around.

>getting shot at isn't as dangerous as coked-up campies falling trees after 2 months in the field

jej

>all cops are the unis on patrol

lel!

Get good tires and/or a limited slip rear end (which was an option on P71s).

user, please, just off yourself and become a statistic.

>The most common cause of death on the job were intentional shootings, which claimed the lives of 46 officers last year
>Almost as many officers died in car accidents

Just try and chase someone and crash, please. Or do what some officers do and crash without being in pursuit.

>Something that very rarely occurs is far more dangerous than something that commonly occurs

Sure, we could argue that. But
>logging is the most dangerous job in the country and about 38 times more dangerous than the typical job

Attached: 95-impala-ss-mecum(1)[1].jpg (1440x810, 109K)

>mad

I'm not even him, I'm just pointing out the idiocy of what you said

>logging is the most dangerous job in the country and about 38 times more dangerous than the typical job

Then all cops, including deskriders, detectives, brass, etc, are only 5 times as dangerous as the average job? Sounds like being a uni on a beat would therefore be even more dangerous.

>Just try and chase someone and crash, please.

Imagine that literally being your job, in order to prevent other people from being killed

I've known fallers, they tend to be fucking idiots who get sent out to camps for months at a time with smuggled bottles of Jack and bags of blow, who then are sent out into the woods with chainsaws

Oklahoma police are "legally" allowed to confiscate a certian amount of money during a traffic stop for any reason
they even have card scanners
Isn't america great?

>transverse AWD

>Watch me break all these traffic laws and endanger others
>Watch me send this guy into a panic because he's afraid he might be shot at while reaching for his license (Philando Castile)
>I swear I'm just doing it for
>The greater good

>I see this guy has been involved in an accident
>Oh, he's trying to exit his rolled vehicle
>I'll just shoot him and ignore procedure because "I was scared" (Patrick Feaster)

>Pays people doing a necessary and critical job less than the city trash man or a Walmart manager
>Expects special forces operators and lawyers all rolled up into one with rocket scientist tier IQs

You. Get. What. You. Pay. For.

Minnesota here. We pay damn well for our police. Such a shame we can only afford Somalis that shoot shitposters

At least punish them accordingly.

The officer that killed the rollover victim wasn't punished in any form as he didn't follow procedure. Literally let off Scott free for fucking up so bad.

Then there's the moron that panicked and shot the dude reaching for his wallet. He's still going through court trying to justify manslaughter.

Maybe Betty Jo Shelby? Manslaughter. Dominic Brown? Manslaughter.

A surgeon isn't charged with manslaughter if he makes a mistake and knicks an artery, thus killing a patient. Maybe he loses his medical license, but he isn't going to prison for making a legitimate human error. The same applies to any other profession. In law enforcement, it's easy to misread something and make a critical mistake. Less mistakes can be made but that would require more training and thus more money. Again, YGWYPF. We can't even afford to take officers off the road to quality them with their weapons, let alone run them through complex scenarios.

Still, human error will occur. You unrealistically expect too much out of us. We're just people.

>expect cops to not shoot people who do not deserve to be shot
>asking too much

kek, america, not even once.

It's medical malpractice and it's usually settled outside for a money settlement.

There's a drastic difference. One involves freaking out and losing control and the other is usually rather an honest mistake.

This.

>malpractice
You'd have to prove that it was improper, illegal, or negligent for that word to apply. Accidental or mistaken (yet within articulatable reason) do not fall under the category of malpractice as far as the law is concerned.

>freaking out and losing control
Have you actually read the departmental reports or looked at the court's reasoning behind their final decision for such cases or are you taking everything at face value? Laymen in matters of law will never fucking understand. Yeah it sucks when someone gets shot by mistake but reality is chaotic and very few situations are black and white. You wouldn't do any better than those officers if you yourself were faced with such a situation, and if you could, then shut up and do it. Become a cop because obviously you're the supercop we've all been waiting for who's going to change police work for the better.

Commo in
Has the 6 liter LS2/L77/L98

severely underrated

Needs to have
>4 door sedan or wagon
>RWD with LSD
>IRS
>LS3 and 6 speed auto

Hmmmmm if only there was something like this. A VF SS commodore

Attached: images (6).jpg (431x341, 20K)

this

>you not wanting to pay any taxes for anything
You're right 30% of my paycheck isn't enough is it? Fucking greedy kike pig oink oink faggot

20% of that goes to "protecting" Israel, 8% goes to feeding spic and nigger litters, and the other 2% is squabbled over by the public works sectors. These aren't the areas we should be pinching our pennies over.

Attached: scream.png (400x416, 176K)

actual copfag here

I've driven the crown vic, the new explorers, and most recently a brand new charger pursuit.

My favorite of the 3 is the charger. The explorer is a more practical car and easier to see out of/climb out of, but theres something about the charger i just love. Its much more fun.

That being said, I'd take the Holden SS in a heartbeat. That thing is fuckin mad.

>all these amerishits
>no mention of the superior T8 TwinEngine volvo
>400hp / 640nm
>will leave your shitty 200hp 5.0 V8 in the dust
>american cars a shit

Attached: Really big vulva.jpg (2481x1394, 581K)

Look at how smug that fucker driving is.

Got any proof to back this up?

>antisemitic crap
You sound like a 10 year old that learned his first curse word. I be your just buttblasted over a speeding ticket that you deserved. Go back to the bus station and while your there go back to /pol as well.

>t. mad jew
Fuck off. There's no reason for the US to waste tremendous amounts of money to protect a cancer jewland surrounded by its enemies.

>twinengine
>turbo'd, super'd, and an electric motor
>that power and torque
what the fug.

What the fug in what way?

2.0L super/turbocharged 4banger up front giving 316hp / 400nm, and you can most definitely get way more power out of it with a remap or some slight fucking around

and then an electric motor for the rear wheels giving 86hp / 240nm

"twin engine" is just a term they use for their hybrid system because it sounds real good, 316hp / 400nm from a 2.0 is pretty good for a reliable stock engine, and 86hp / 240nm from an electric motor is pretty decent, i dont see the problem

Truly our greatest ally. This is the thanks we get for saving them in WW2, lifelong payments to them.

Attached: 1457286872974-2.png (1000x1163, 1.54M)

just the concept of it. it's unique and interesting honestly. it'd be nice If they put it into something other than the xc90, like the v/s90 or v/s60.

>Read the department reports
No, the video was enough. Philando warned the officer he was armed, explained where the gun was, and repeatedly said he wasn't reaching for his gun. Officer Barney badass panicked because he saw the firearm and went Rambo on the dude.

Philando's final words? I wasn't reaching for it.

Have you read the reports? Have you watched the videos? You're defending literal murderers. The only difference is they were on the clock for their job.

>You wouldn't do any better than those officers if you yourself
Do you have to be a chef to judge the quality of the food? No.

I haven't claimed I could do a better job. I already know I'm racist so chances are I'm going to be biased. Difference is I know ahead of time I'm prejudice.

Officers such as Richard Roberts, or the Knapp Commission need to make a return. Those guys knew officers were unfit, although in a slightly different way.

Maybe with all the unfit for firearm shootings someone will police the police.

but the car i posted is the V90 police car

Granted, i'm not 100% sure that those get the T8 (highest trim engine choice), but i would assume so, but the picture i posted is a V90 for sure

Attached: vulva.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

I live in IL and I mainly see those Caprice commodore things on highway patrol

What the fuck is that photo. I'm either going insane or the front wheel is larger than the rear.

larger front wheels for more fun wheel drive traction bruh

All you /poltards do realize you have your own containment board, right?

Attached: c62.jpg (546x700, 136K)

>statistics is racist

these are the type of brainlets you dont want in your nation desu famalam