Might pull the trigger on one of these tomorrow

Might pull the trigger on one of these tomorrow.
Black/black, 2.0t, 6 speed manual. Literally dream-tier service history, for a good price at pretty low miles.
Convince me not to

Attached: vwcc.jpg (1200x605, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

carcomplaints.com/Volkswagen/CC/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

good point

Vix
Wt again tony

Good luck?

come on guys
this shouldnt be difficult, this is a used volkswagen we're talking about

Yeah but you sound like a europoor, a 2.0t with a manual gear box is the best you can do without selling your soul. So go for it.

Im american.

the vr6 4motion executive is better because cooled seats.

Cooled seats aren't a deal breaker, plus I prefer manual and turbo woosh
Only downsides for this particular car are the black/black color where I would prefer white or silver on black+tan interior

I work at a VW dealership. The old head units on these are god awful. Theres a good 2-3 second delay on EVERY input you make into it. Idk how integrated it is but id suggest you swap it should yours have one

I've heard complaints about the infotainment on these. Beyond auxiliary input and bluetooth I won't even interact with it.

How much?

Friend of mine had one of these, the APR douchey version with the loud exhaust.
It shat the bed a few times early in life and the engine was replaced under warranty at 40k.
The problems continued with more work having to be done. I once watched him start it from cold and it was clearly misfiring on one cylinder, loads of smoke.
A few weeks after that, at 65k, it died again, and being out of warranty it was junk.
Much to my friend's disappointment, my (at the time) 1998 Town Car with 225k continued to function flawlessly...

Oh, and the radio head unit broke on his a couple years after he got it.

'A friend of mine' anecdotes wasn't exactly what I was looking for. For every person telling me they had a friend that had one and it was a pos, I've got someone that actually owned one that never had any issues

9k sticker, I've yet to talk them down. Same drivetrain as the gti, just detuned from the factory

kek
In no way shape or form is a CC anything like muh GTI.

Other than the fact that it has the same drivetrain, like I literally said

Is that suppose to mean anything?

>Literally dream-tier service history
user...

it's not reliable, but still not a bad choice i guess

It's only ever been serviced at the dealer it was sold at, aside from oil changes which came from a local shop with a perfect review history.

What year nigga? Low mileage VWs are suspect as fuck.

86k on a 2010

2010s weren't a good year. What does the maintenance history say, exactly?

Regular scheduled service at the vw dealer it was originally sold at. Other than that it got oil changes at a local shop with perfect reviews . No major repairs done, no accidents etc. First owner leased it for 3 years, second owner had it up until now.

The dealer isn't the most trustworthy and they don't give a fuck about preventive maintenance. They'll fix things that need to be immediately fixed, or let you know about things the computer said was bad, like alignment, but if they're working on a car and see something else that needs to replaced soon, they won't tell you. They'll wait till that shit breaks and you be right back there because otherwise you might take it to another shop that'll repair the issue for cheaper. Don't buy the car user. What makes you attracted to this one in particular?

If I can't trust any service history that I see then there's no point in even buying a car to begin with. A clear complete and positive service history is supposed to be a positive mark on the car

To put it into perspective, if the dealer's technicians know an engine is fucked, they will have you pay for repairs that MIGHT prevent the engine from failing sooner, and sometimes don't even do anything. Then they'll swoop you back in for an engine replacement because they know any responsible owner wants a repair as large as an engine replacement to be done at the dealer. They're shady as fuck user. That case is extreme but it happened to me and it has happened to other people. Never, ever trust a "dealer's service history".

Attached: 1383791043791.jpg (1600x1158, 286K)

carcomplaints.com/Volkswagen/CC/

Well, do what you want. After owning a Jetta for 3 years I would recommend looking for something else, some that isnt a VW.

Buy a new car with a manufacturer warranty or buy a cheap used car that you can afford to do a lot of repairs to in case of worst scenario. $9,000 for a used VW is kind of stupid. Get a car for under $5,000. Save the $4,000 for maintenance and repairs.

And if you take this VW to another shop for a pre-purchase diagnosis, they could miss something or not do a thorough enough inspection. People have ulterior motives my man.

So if I can't trust a dealer service history, I obviously can't trust s private shops history, and I definitely can't trust one random dude that either did the work himself or took I to a shop that I can't trust, why even consider service history when looking at a car?

Now you're on to something.

But thats retarded. You can't honestly tell me with a straight face that you would look at two cars, one with a complete service history and one with no service history and that it would not influence your decision in any way

go to vwvortex, specifically the cc forum. check the faq for what to look for when going to check out a used model and what to look for in the service records, and then test drive the car listening for weird noises or sensations, and then use your intuition to deduce whether the car is good or not. Veeky Forums is lazy and likes to generalize

Already took it on a test drive. Felt like a new car honesty. No rattles or vibrations. Interior is pristine, no wear on any surfaces.

Volkswagen poison their own workers.

then find out what fails first, ask the dealer to replace it or get ready to replace it yourself, bada bing you've got a great car

It seems like a decent car, but if you plan to apr tune it then it will lose a significant amount of reliability

I plan on doing a ctr intake and exhaust simply for sound. It's weird driving a manual car when the engine is silent. Maybe lowering springs to get rid of the monster wheel gap. If it's necessary I'll get an apr stage one but I plan on being very gentle with the car regardless.

bump for input
might make them replace the timing chain tensions before I buy the car just so i dont have to worry about it.

I'm a master technician.
Dont buy wv audi merc or bmw

Buy anything else, preferably with a V6 or V8
Preferably american made

Don't listen to that faggot. Service records are always a good thing. Especially from a private seller. If he took the time to keep a folder full of the services he obviously cared about the car.

I've never met a master tech who recommends buying the vehicles they service, outside of toyota maybe, so respectfully I dont really care.
This is from a stealership. The service records were acquired via carfax. I did the search myself, but was pretty much told what to expect from the salesmen.