LS1 cooling fans overheating

A few months ago i got my AC regassed on my 2002 Holden WH statesman LS1, after a few days in the hot summer, my cooling fan motors melted the mounts they on, and the wiring harness from the fuse box, all the way to the fan harness.
I have replaced it 3 times and they have all kept melting, despite fixing all the wiring with new wiring, I have also removed the AC belt, but it still gets too hot and melts when it gets too 98 degrees to cool the radiator down.
I am sick of buying new fans and wasting my money, even the Auto Electrician is baffled of how this problem could occur since all the fuses and relays are in working order.
I am running out of options and I really dont want to take it to other auto electricians cause all the one in my area charge top dollar just to even look at it.
Has this ever happened to anyone before and if so how did you rectify it?

Attached: DSCF6325.jpg (3648x2736, 3.95M)

you running the right coolant? radiators blocked? is your lsjuan getting enough water?

Maybe the fans themselves are stuck and that's making the motors overwork and melt? You could try greasing them up and see if that helps

Brand new radiator and its just running water for the time being cause I have to keep removing it to fit new fans.

The fans are brand new and work fine, it just gets too hot after 5 minutes

Bumping

>its just running water for the time being

That's the problem. Water doesn't cool as well as coolant.

Water cools better then what people call coolant. Off the shelf "coolant" is just anti freeze.

Just running water will keep it cooler, however, after awhile it'll burn up the pump because antifreeze also has lubricants in it.
5 minutes is about how long it takes an ls1 to overheat because the water pump isn't circulating coolant like it should.

Your wiring melting is an electrical problem, which if youre not god could be a nightmare to sort out. Go to advance auto or somewhere and get a thermostat controlled cooling fan wiring harness, it'll be about $30. Wire your fans up with that and run the relay through an acc wire from the keyswitch. You can even brag to your friends that you have an aftermarket standalone fan controller.

You mounted the fans the right way and got the wiring right, correct? Fans trying to push air out the front of the car at speed, or fan wiring hooked up the wrong way could be bad

>Water cools better then what people call coolant. Off the shelf "coolant" is just anti freeze.

But that's wrong you retard. Water boils at lower temperatures than coolant.

i think you may be a bit thick.
run pic.
also do not mix the coolant with tap water, you need to mix it with distilled water.
t. a fellow commonwhore owner

Attached: coolred005.jpg (500x500, 62K)

Check voltage at the fans, if it's too low the fan will draw more current and cook the wiring. Also check the relay that controls the fan, burnt up or corroded contacts could cause a low voltage. I don't expect any of this to be the case, it's all pretty far out stuff.

also hold the mode and set buttons when you start the car, cycle through the mode button until you get to engine temp and your operating temp should be 70-90C, if it is more than that you are fucking shit up.

Also the car will run cooler with the AC off and heater on.

wtf lol

I think it may be a bad earth somewhere, all the relays are good, wiring is good, the only reason I am only using water is because i have to keep taking the fans out of the engine bay and I have to drain the radiator to do that.
Once I sort out this issue I will of course be using coolant.

were you running green coolant when it gave out the first time?

>But that's wrong you retard. Water boils at lower temperatures than coolant.

When you add pressure to water it will increase it's boiling temperature, also most cars will run cooler than the boiling temp of water.

yeah i was

yeah the coolant and then lack of is 100% the problem uleh.

Attached: 20170808_143722.jpg (2656x1494, 1.25M)

Never had a cooling problem with my LS1

Check make sure the water pump isn't fucked or something

Get an alloytec cunt

>$3000 timing chain replacement