What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: wankel.gif (240x320, 361K)

>>Apex seals

Gas isn’t free

People don't like doing more than the bare minimum to keep something running an don't think about doing the right thing with the thing that likely is the second most expensive asset they own.

Adding oil to your fuel and redlining every drive is wayyyyyyy too hard

the fucks who complain about apex seals are the same fucks who can't do their own oil

>b-bUt muh Rotor Housing!!

maybe if you didn't confuse real life for some inital D arcade game, and drove properly, your rotor housing would still be intact rather than shooting Shrapnel into a Passats water pump, Killing both your car and the Passat

What stops the pointy cam edges from wearing away with time? Thats gotta produce a fuck load of friction, no matter how much lube.

oil injection is only passable in 2 stroke bikes, even there it sucks

brainlets can't deal

Apex seals.

Attached: 1471316178083.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Nothing went wrong. Greatest feat of automotive engineering in history.

It's only the individuals who can't or don't bother to do it right or maintain their machines that ruin it and spread bullshit like the OP.

>SEE: bridge port work in pic related

Attached: _20180217_134619.jpg (1280x720, 686K)

>shooting Shrapnel into a Passats water pump
zozzle

i agree
compared to piston engines of the same displacement, they blow them out of the water.

Haha epic
I get the reference

>:^)

that water pump was already broken and you know it

look the engine design comes from winning mazda engine. they just fucked cheaped out when mass produced. there finicky bitches. big ups for long term owners... this car makes you a gear head.

what ever happened to the new mazda engine technology there were working on.. havent kept up. :(

Terrible on fuel
Lies about engine displacement
Lies about high RPM figures
Terrible emissions requiring more lies and creative mathematics to class them in more fuel inefficient class.
Literally LS Swapping an FD weighs the same and makes more power at greater efficacy and better emissions.

Sounds like a literal lawnmower with an exhaust and a vacuum without one. Only a bridgeport sounds good at idle and big cams on a normal piston can get the same noise.

Only people who defend 13B's, especially in FD RX7's are idiots who have never owned them and see them on Car Throttle.

(You)

>mfw this whole post

Attached: 1296537725580.jpg (484x530, 24K)

Which parts? All makes sense to me.

>greater efficacy
More effacious than your post

Does it have something to do with the same edge of the rotor having to contain the entire fuel cycle while the other two spaces go basically unused?

Disregard am retarded

>not googling to check efficacy isn't a word before trying to correct someone

>implying the maintence schedule from mazda themselves wasn't full of shit
If the wankle got popular post internet where everyone shared and figured out what it needed to actually keep running maybe it would've turned out differently.

Of course it would make sense in your deluded angry manlet brain

>I don't understand how a rotary engine works
>I project my ineptitude by insulting people online

It’s a fundamentally flawed design. The entire combustion cycle happens in that one chamber which makes for huge thermal inefficiency. The fact that it burns oil by design and the resulting horrible emissions make it the fidget spinner of the car world. You have to constantly check oil between changes, and hope you don’t have too much in there. Dealers couldn’t tell customers to add two stroke oil to gas, the car would be illegal to sell in the states if that were the case. The epa wouldn’t even consider lube. There were also issues where the car would tend to flood its own engine before shut off, causing owners to wait before doing so. It’s a miracle to see a rotary last above 120k miles, which is a stretch in itself. Full rebuilds have to be done at specific mechanics that know the engines, and that craft allows them to charge outlandish prices to do so. Knowing a workaround for the flaws of an engine does not mean said flaws don’t exist. Thats why the rotary was doomed to failure.
It makes good horsepower for its size but that’s meaningless without torque. There are plenty of cars that’ll put accelerate them. The thing that made both the rx-7 and 8 impressive were their chassis. They were one of the closest things to perfection ever produced and Mazda should be applauded for that.