The thinking mans car

the thinking mans car

Attached: Australian wrx sti version 6.jpg (660x420, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7MxfEtm-Ud4?t=38m6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In what regard is that riced up shitbox a thinking mans car?

I would wager a nice Volvo wagon, or even a Citreon or Saab. I don't think you would see a professor at a university caught dead driving that heap around.

own a gc8 wrx myself
based australia, feelsgoodman

No. And I don't hate Subaru's.

Statistically, the thinking man drives a Saab.

Attached: 1402037463277.jpg (1920x1200, 496K)

The man who thinks about his overweight sister naked and vaping

The thinking Samurai's car

Attached: NSX blue japan 1097324.jpg (968x726, 190K)

>post based Subarus
>spergs throw tantrums

Like clockwork

> V6 GC8 being based

HAHAHHAHAH. Bet you have never owned one, the understeering, slow POS it was. Looks cool though, especially in WR blue.

A car's only as fast as its driver ;^)

No one's sperging out here. The thinking man's car really is a Saab.
Saab had cultivated a customer base of highly intelligent customers that other companies would kill for.
youtu.be/7MxfEtm-Ud4?t=38m6s

all the 'ricer' modifications are functional & make it more aerodynamic, you fucking brainlet

>slow
sure, buddy

There's a silver '99 wagon where I live for 4.5k.

Worth it? I'm tempted as fuck.

>Opel Vectra with a bodykit
>thinking man
lol, you murriclaps kill me

truly

Attached: lip_kit.jpg (550x403, 77K)

Close but not quite.

Attached: 2004 fozzie XT.jpg (1334x1044, 1.26M)

While I’m sure this is true, the one guy who drove a Saab when I was in high school had stickers saying “sedan mafia” and “flying low” and was also a statuatory rapist with all the freshman

Really as if designed using Katana strokes

>professor
>thinking man
nope. you know most are poorfags right?

thats a faggot car
>BbRO CHECK THSI I IMPORTED A MEAN EYE *hits vape*

Attached: 8694558368_21e6241419_b.jpg (1024x683, 498K)

Damn, the headlights on the earlier Imprezas are so much better than the mid 2000s lights.

The bugeyes and blobeyes are for the people with an acquired taste for speciality

If you read the advertisements by the people selling these things you would know they don't think.

bUT THEY look like they're from walmart

>Thinking man's car
>It's a heavier WRX

How about both?

Attached: picture-4-54453c468446e.png (1470x630, 979K)

>drove an outback and thinks it's the same as a dccd equipped sti
Kys faggot

Statistically the thinking man drives an econobox or hybrid because he doesn't want to waste money on fuel

Attached: thinkk.png (600x600, 175K)

t. brainlet found

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to drive the Subaru WRX STi. The drivetrain is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical rallying most of the gear shifts will go over a typical driver's head. There’s also the WRX's nihilistic first gear, which is deftly woven into its characterisation- its personal rivalry draws heavily from Mitsubishi Motors cars, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the driving capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these designs, to realise that they’re not just brilliant- they say something deep about CARS. As a consequence people who dislike the WRX truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Subaru's existential design flaw “Glass Headgaskets” which itself is a cryptic reference to GM's build quality. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Subaru's genius wit unfolds itself on their YouTube reviews. What fools.. how I pity them. :joy:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a transmissions tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 Vape points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid :sunglasses:

>saab

not knowing it's a rebadged subaru

Name 2 Saabs that were rebadged Subarus

without going into specifics 9-2 and 9-3

lmao step aside real thinking mans car coming through

Attached: 190e-gal-6.jpg (938x643, 52K)

Nice try, but we all know Japanese ultra autistic utilities are the true thinking mans car.

Attached: cf8ce7f336e0303aeadf9f5579d046ac.png (570x350, 43K)

9-3 was not a Subaru.
It shares its chassis with the Chevy Malibu, and the engine long block with the Chevy Cobalt.
The only Subaru ever badged as a Saab was the Impreza wagon, which became the 9-2X

Attached: 1402009872862.jpg (1023x634, 188K)

That's a car for kids who want to pretend that they're race-car drivers
Closer, but nope.

It's actually this Stutz

Attached: Stutz Blackhawk.jpg (600x276, 49K)

>Shares chassis with Malibu
>Long block with Cobalt
>Somehow a Saab

That's like bragging that your father was John Travolta and your mother was a cardboard box he fucked.

The long block is shared with the Cobalt SS Supercharged. But instead of a supercharger, the Saab variant is turbocharged.
This makes it stupid easy and cheap to twincharge Ecotec engines.
And it uses the Epsilon chassis in name only. A lot of things were changed because Saab.
At one point, GM sent an accountant to Sweden to find out why Saab was costing them so much money. He got in a new 9-3, turned on the sat-nav and said "what a minute. That's not one of ours". And he was right. Saab had developed, at great expense, their own satellite navigation because GM's "wasn't good enough".
A variation of the same chassis also underpinned the Alfa Romeo 159 Brera, and the Fiat Chroma.

Attached: 1489698390990.jpg (1280x960, 358K)

>This makes it stupid easy and cheap to twincharge Ecotec engines.
im assuming that's the 4 cylinder one right?
that'd be a fun project, but how is it working on the GM V6s they turbo'd and stuffed in there?

>im assuming that's the 4 cylinder one right?
Yea.
The 2.8L V6 turbo is justa turbocharged Cadillac V6 from the CTS. It's in the same engine family as the V6 in the current Camaro. Make of that what you will, but that just tells me there's potential.

Saab was too pure for this world.
At least they make nice fighters and have a cool building on campus.

>when you skip pasta and go full spaghetti

Attached: 24F04EF6-DDA6-4F48-9ADB-E4EE6E2C89BD.jpg (450x327, 22K)

First, when defending Saab as not being a tarted up Scooby, you REALLY do not want to remind people that it's basically a Malibu with the same engine from the Cavalier's gimpy replacement. Second, try not to directly lift quotes from Top Gear.

2004 weight
WRX - 3,050 lbs | 5.6 sec
Forester XT -3,210 lbs | 0-60: 5.2 sec

Ill take the forester

find something factually wrong with what I said. They changed so much it may as well have been a different platform.

>Thinking wealth has anything to do with being a thinking man

You're telling me not all professors are on 500k a year ?! Who would've known!!! I'm sure Aristotle and Plato were all idiots for not making big bucks a year and maxing out their investment funds !!!

But it doesn't you melon. Come back to me with some stats about the GC8 V6 STi aero for me :) It looks cool (to 10 year olds) though. Enjoy trying to convince your girlfriend to come for a drive to the shops in your tarted up 90's subaru. "But its an STI Stacey! It's a super special model the rally cars 20 year ago were based on!!!!!! ALL THE AERO IS FUNCTIONAL!!!!"

Not knowing that only for a period of time were they rebadged subaru's before they went under. There was a whole top gear segment about it jesus christ. Imbecile.

Slow car in a straight line and understeering mess on tarmac roads. Source: Owned a V6 STI.

Have you owned one? Have you driven one? Have you at least ridden in one? 5 seconds to 100 on a good surface with a launch that rapes the car. Good luck repeating that again without the shithouse gearbox shattering into a million pieces. If you baby it off the line like at a normal set of traffic lights you are going to get burned by anything else in the same segment. That young, flat capped idiot in the silvia next to you will flog the shit out of you.

>Kys faggot

>Misses the part where asked if user has owned one to pass judgement.

Never driven an outback, so not going to make any comparison to one :)

jelly

i cant stand newer subis

t. bogan

Factually? I'll grant you that you might have a point. However, vehemently denying that it is a Subaru by pointing out that it's actually a really good Malibu is not helping your case. I never said the car was bad, just that it came from some fucking awful cars. Good children can come from bad parents, but if you want to express the car's independence of identity, you might not want to yell the automotive equivalent of "Its parents weren't accountants! They were meth addicts who stabbed dogs for fun!" I would instead point out that it shares no components with any Subaru.

>taking a cuckover over a fucking homogolation rally car because of 0-60

if benchracers gassed themselves avarage iq in the world would rise

>Enjoy trying to convince your girlfriend to come for a drive to the shops in your tarted up 90's subaru

If you have to convince her she doesn't love you, mate.

>300hp/2700lb car slow in a straight line

Oh come on, what's quick then to you? A liter bike?

I mean, bench racer comments inbound, but you gotta remember that power doesn't necessarily equal quick. The car could be geared in such a manner that it doesn't get off the line quick, or that it does so at the expense of speed. In rallying, I would reckon they'd gear it to pick up speed quickly at the expense of the top end.

Also, the thinking man's car needs to be something that you, like, think about. So when you look at a car and look at its specs, you get it on paper. You also ignore several real world factors that would make the car intolerable. For example, an homologation car is going to be tuned for sportier conditions. Therefore it's not going to behave properly on rougher roads, and it'll be uncomfortable. You must also factor in reliability. Ultimately, the thinking man's car must be a perfect balance of all these factors, or alternatively, the best available balance. Reliable, sporty, comfortable, and reasonably quick.

Therefore the Stutz is the thinking man's car. You know it to be true.

Most patrician vehicle posted yet itt. Truly a connoisseur's choice

>Thinking girlfriends love you.

Im not actually an edgy incel. Substitute girlfriend for your mum. She would not like getting in a started up rumbly boxer to pull up outside a coffee shop. Envision that situation in your mind. If you can't see (or feel) the cringe, you might be too young, or an imature monster energy hat wearing, long board shorts and servo sunglasses type operator.

300 HP at the engine factory? In what world is that a fast car? An Aurion makes the same. It might feel quick if your some car noob that comes from a shitty MX5/EG civic, but its certainly not a quick car today. You'll get creamed by anything, short of you being some kind of hero and giving it a full launch at a set of lights.

I agree. They look cool, they sounds good. I don't classify them as quick. Seating position is terrible, steering is terrible, gearbox feels like play-doh. Interior is abyssmal. Understeer like a heap of shit. Good god why do some people come in to circle jerk a car that they have nil experience with.

i don't get the point in lowering a forester. they make fuckin impreza wagons that are far better looking lowered. A forester is meant to be LIFTED. jack that shit up and you can do some actual off roading with it.

Attached: 20161129_110716.jpg (2084x1132, 476K)

300 can be fairly quick. I managed to keep hold of a 5.7 Challenger, and I only had 230 horsepower. I mean, I have no delusions of being the fastest thing out there, but I had over a hundred horsepower less than this guy, and I managed to match him on the highway.

Attached: 220px-Fingers_and_thumb_in_circle_downward_motion.jpg (220x147, 4K)

>Volvo wagon, or even a Citreon or Saab

Attached: ApqhC.gif (212x176, 925K)

see:

Attached: 1442351372549.jpg (1920x1263, 285K)

No no, I'm not a incel either. If a girl who you can consider a girlfriend at that point will judge you poorly for driving a manchild car that makes you happy she probably doesn't have your best interests in mind and doesn't love you.

And a Aurion weighs 800lbs more you delusional autist.

I'm gonna blow my pension on one of these one day, that is if petrol cars aren't banned by then

Are you a virgin/have never had a girlfriend?
Are you deluded and wear energy drink clothing and motorcross branded shirts in public?

I could not imagine taking my partner and subjecting to her sitting in a tarted up shitbox and not feel like a fuckwit. If you can't understand that concept i'm at a complete loss. God damn, anyone who isnt a car enthusiast, males included would cringe, internally and externally, at being seen in one. Here's another thought experiment for you. You're picking up a girl on a tinder date. Would you pick up the keys to the STI or a nice sedate, luxurious Aurion?

Trust me mate, the Aurion in 99% of situations would have the V6 STI. I've only owned the V6 STI, and driven the Aurion, but a lot can be said for the way the cars are geared and put the power down. But what do I know :)

If your girlfriend doesn't let you own a car if you have the financial ability to and doesn't even want to hear about and/or understand your passion and hobby, you are the girlfriend.

>tinder date

That's the POINT.

If she's your GIRLFRIEND you already have her loyalty and her your's. A tinder date isn't shit.

If something as stupid as wanting to drive a different goofy looking car is going to make her not want to be with you she probably never loved you in the first place. And quite frankly I'd still take a tinder date out in a v6 STi. I've taken them out in a v8 STi and still railed them out ;) I would've done so in a 20 year old rusty Impreza anyways.

And yes, I've driven Aurions, the STi still has way shorter gearing and way less weight. For a Aurion to beat you you'd have to be caught falling asleep at a light.

You are a complete moron.

user how old are you?
Do you post here often? You're pathetic.
Veeky Forums is as young as /mu/. Average age is probably 18. Any girl that young is going to be happy to get in anything that's worth more than 2k. Take your 'you need a mini-van'-tier arguments and fuck off.

Attached: merinogoats.jpg (2000x1329, 648K)

>Are you a virgin/have never had a girlfriend?
>wear motorcross branded shirts in public?
yes on both of these, what now?

>MAXIMUM THINKING ACHIVED

Attached: CCD532B8-E2FD-4EDD-9A61-EF11B6ECD31B.jpg (683x1024, 84K)

it's faster than your car you shit eating faggot

you don't even have a point, the sti you bought was probably trash with 500k miles thats been thrashed to shit because you're a retarded who knows nothing about cars

Which one of you fags is driving around SE Michigan in an STI with pink mudflaps?

absolutely back the foz body kit

u are a spastic they are made for pace and movement. get a Hilux of u wanna go off roading

Why not both?

Attached: IMG_20170627_195801re.jpg (1920x1423, 825K)

>the vaping mans car
FTFY

If its a blue GC8 that's unironically Equinox, say hi he seems like a friendly guy.

The drinking mans car

Attached: FD583B1A-5B01-435D-8F6C-B593E4B2D252.jpg (620x413, 95K)

I never said she wouldn't let me. Its called not being an ear bashing moron who has to include their car in all aspects of the life, and its all they have an identity in. I'd take a normal daily to the coffee shop. Same as people who feel the need to post a photo of their car on facebook. Its a quality mind boggler.

The tinder analogy is because you still can't grasp the concept of forcibly subjecting your missus/anyone else in your life to riding in your shitbox, when they'd rather be in a more sedate, more inconspicuous car than "omg rally homologation!!!!!" wrx STi from the 90's. Im not even talking about being with someone for a car. Im saying that there are some points in your life where you have to put down the boy racer image and not be a weird fuck and have to include your car in your identity and force someone to subject riding in your crapbox because "omg dream car i love it so so much !!!' ((When they are 20k at most lol)). Again, you somehow, someway can't understand that I have owned one. The Aurion would wipe the floor with it from a stop light. I don't understand why you are debating that. Have you even been in one, driven one or owned one?

I have been posting and lurking on here for years. Your whole post reeks of "im poor and can't afford something better". By 18 I had an S15 Silvia spec R. They are similar to the V6 STi price wise, yet still a shitbox. At 18 you could have been working part time for years and owned something worth a hell of a lot more than 2k. Unless you spend your money on yu-gi-oh cards and xbox live subscriptions? Whats your fixation with 18 year olds?

Pal if you are confident in it flaunt it. I'm not here to change your ways. Keep on, keeping on.

>misses the part where he is speaking to an ex owner of the STI.
You're post makes complete nonsense.

Uh-huh. Because a JDM only V6 STI's odometer is measured in miles.....
Stay on Forza.

I never said she wouldn't let me. Its called not being an ear bashing moron who has to include their car in all aspects of the life, and its all they have an identity in. I'd take a normal daily to the coffee shop. Same as people who feel the need to post a photo of their car on facebook. Its a quality mind boggler.
>What is owning multiple vehicles, you cuck?

Holy fuck that is one autistic user
We get it, you don't like Subaru because some douche who fucked the chick you were keen on drives one
Now kys and stop shitting up the board with walls of text and feeling the need to reply to every single person. This isn't reddit

Patrician taste my friend

>I'd take a more normal daily

Missed that part pal? PS you are meant to green text the quote not your text :)

I like subaru. It all started when some buttmad kid got mad an owner of his favourite shitbox got upset when an ex owner admitted they look like riced up trash and are embarrasing to be seen in. Nothing more nothing less :)

Thank you good sir. I wish you the best on your travels.

No one cares what you think faggot, it's only try hard losers on auto forums who think Subaru are for dumb ass boy racers

>I'd take a more normal daily
Why the fuck are you complaining then?.
Also by this point I don't give a fuck, I have been awake for 19 hours and for some reason I can't fall asleep so I shitpost.

ITT: new lows for soybaru cucks

>pic related

Attached: 985.jpg (803x688, 133K)

Only cucks call others cucks

>riced out family crossover

Attached: 1521737993789.png (935x720, 240K)

Thinking Saab is s vectra.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Cfr89k3WIAA1be-.jpg (1200x587, 113K)

Attached: 1500672653324s.jpg (125x120, 3K)