Tire talk (tire general?)

so im looking to have a go at drifting but i have no idea about tires, should i just buy some cheap used gookshit tires to burn off or should i spend the money on better ones that will last longer?

also whats the hardest longest lasting sport tire you guyses know of?
im only entry level so i dont care about grip
pic unrelated

Attached: yo_advaneo_ad08r_pdpcrop.jpg (420x460, 64K)

what car are you drifting?

how much power are you making?

If you're turning them chances are they aren't going to last, may as well go cheap until you're settled and have had a chance to talk to guys that do it locally,

sw20 na, yes they are slide-able, i know it wont burn tires fast like more powerful cars but i want to get the most out of my money especially if it becomes a regular thing

Koreans make very good seasonal tires and ok for the common masses all seasons. For the money relative to performance, they are right up there in both (or all three dependjng how you look at jt) categories. If you want a truly great, nearly no compromise all seaskn, the major players are you're only choice but don't be quick to write off Korean or Japanese rubber. I assume your comment was targeted more at Koreans but at the end of the day

michelin shills incoming

is it just a factory LSD? or something more aggressive?

i used to drift an aw11 for shits and giggles

cheapest tyres you can get
front and rear
don't put grippier tyres on the front or it'll send you every time

thanks, i guess il look at some cheapos then

it has an lsd but i think its worn out enough that its no better than a fully open diff at this point, il re-service it or maybe weld it one day when i advance in skidding more, il stick to cheapos then, i thought about getting new wheels with a square set up instead of the staggered set up mr2s come with in the hopes it would make it a little more tail happy, and to make buying tires easier, worried it might make the thing a death trap when im not trying to drift though

yeah, don't weld it unless you want to die

square will induce more understeer than staggered, which isn't actually a bad thing

keep shallow angles, and never lift

square will make more understeer?
mr2s come with smaller front wheels and tires so i figured by making the fronts wider to match the rear it would make the car oversteer more, and yeah il wait till im more advanced before doing anything like welding her, thanks for the tips

I prefer black tires

Attached: anime-happy-cat-247x300.jpg (247x300, 20K)

nice! i like white tires

Attached: fgh5eu457u.jpg (640x480, 80K)

just get fucking high treadwear all season tires, they hardly wear even if you spin , and they will spin easily theyre made for filthy normies who dont give a fuck about performance and want a long lasting tire

Current tires are 265/35/20 stock pirellis that came with my mustang gt. What should I upgrade to? I was looking over at the continentals extreme contact but muh local costco also has some michenlin pilots.
Also what's the biggest tire I can put on a 9 inch width rim? I'm thinking 275.

Attached: IMG_0563.jpg (2048x1536, 234K)

which is better

Attached: 3.jpg (1648x542, 193K)

Tireshop fag here
Depends on what you’re using it for. I wouldn’t recommend going marginally wider for no reason because it’s gonna goof up your speedo and might look a bit weird.
Is that price for a single tire? What is it for?

for an '11 econobox, needs to last a nice long time.

Occasional hooning nothing too major. I thought the miles affected in the speedo were minimal. I just want thiccer tires

Don't weld the diff on an mr2 period, it's not a matter of skill. It's a function of do you want snap over steer sometimes or all the time?

Welding the diff turns the car into a death trap either get a proper diff or a different car.

Do it in the wet to save tires.

michelin defenders.

I would only recommend if you had heaps of cash and heavily prioritize ride comfort. Those things are expensive as fuck. An estimate for my 13” CRX wheels was $600 alone.
They are minimal, yes. The section width affects the aspect ratio. Pic for reference. It’s a bit exaggerated but you get the point.

Your current size should be fine.

Attached: 4A8B9DBB-B7BA-4CE9-8F6E-35A8C628A3A4.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

ANTARES INGEN A1s
available from your local wallyworld or amazon
>you know they're good since they put the name in the tread

Attached: antares_ingensA1.png (450x450, 166K)

general altimaxes are some of the best tires for the price

best allseasons you can buy are michelin premier or goodyear triple treds

for value, Pirelli 4season plus are AMAZING for their price.

>a set of tires for 600 is expensive as fuck
kys poorfag.

>spend $723 for 2 235/40-R19 continental tire installation with TPMS sensors provided by me for my Honda
>Pick it up after 3hr delay from #1 voted tire shop in town
>immediately call because tpms light on dash

>"Yeah bro hondas don't normally have tpms, you just gotta drive around to calibrate it light will go away itself"
>Honda tpms is calibrated by deflating and reinflating tires

3 of 3 tire shop visits to different places fucked me. One stole wheel hub caps, other stole my valve caps, now this retardation.

I included the fact it was for a set of 13” wheels for a reason numbnuts. You’d expect that for a set of 16’s or larger. Not for a three decade old civic.
You must visit a lot of indie shops. They’re filled with retards who have no idea what they’re doing.

They most likely lost those things because valve stems are usually replaced during install and center caps come out for balance.

Hondas do have TPMS but you do drive around for a bit to calibrate after they’re relearned. I’ve never heard of this inflation calibration.

I've went to Canadian tire, fountain tire, and integra tire. All 3 are chains, but it seems each one employs retards. I avoid the indie shops because they would do something like charge $299 per tire instead of $279, then suddenly I'm paying $80 more for tires because the mechanic paid $279 and added $20 for himself.

You'll need 9.5 inch wide wheels if you want 275s tires will look weird if you try that on 9 inch wheels

Markups are up to the shop. For example, we mark up 15% above what our cost is if a part is from someone else. A wheel from Honda may cost us $535. Tack on 15% and that’s our profit for the part, which isn’t disclosed to customers.

Mostly indie shops pull shady shit because they don’t fill out inspection forms, which can be a legal document. You can easily identify shady shops if they recommend replacing or fixing shit you didn’t ask them to inspect. Find someone you know and ask them if they know a mechanic they trust. They’ll be honest with you and charge a fair rate.

I have a really good mechanic that I've used for years. I got some winter tires through him after knowing the price at CT and the dude charged me $15 per tire more than CT. It's better for me to just buy the tires at CT and bring them to him. Labor is really good but I -always- bring him my own parts because what i pay for them on rockauto is almost 40% cheaper than what he pays from lordco or westcan.

My town just fucking sucks and gets scalped for everything. I'm trying to get my windows tinted now and for 5 windows these assholes all want $400, yet i can go to Vancouver and pay $150-200.

Take a trip to the southern US sometime. There’s a shop that tints windows within a mile in any direction. It’s $300+ for me up north but sub $150 anywhere in Florida.

anyone know toyo proxies t1r?
My friend is selling a full set of exactly my size for dirt chap

I had proxes4plus.

They were "good" but I wore out 70-80% of their tread in about 15000 miles. They sat for 5yrs though and rubber deteriorates, check the date on the tires... If they are over a couple years old you shouldn't pay much for them.

I have those on my miata, they are alright. Pretty old tire design,much better can be had but they are fine.

D O U G L A S P E R F O R M A N C E
O
U
G
L
A
S

How much tread is left?

>Drifting
Just the cheapest, nastiest shit you can get, right?
If you're not piloting a 1000hp sled then you don't have to worry about aggravating a sponsor.

what are the cheapest summer tires for my Focus I can reasonably buy?
195 60 R15

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D

Do branded Fuel Efficient tires work or just a meme?

I usually just buy the cheapest ching chong tires for my beater.

Attached: BluEarth_at_heart_Image.jpg (470x200, 76K)

triangles and nankings r cheap.. but just get used tires from shops especially if youre just practicing

Skinny low roll resistance tires

JUST SLAP SOME PIRELLIS ON IT DUDE

>hardest longest lasting sport tire
tires dont work that way
a "sports tire" needs grip m8
grippy tires are soft and usually 200 tread wear rating and under so they dont last too long
you can find some ~350 tdw tires that last pretty long and provide good grip when warm
yoko s. drives provide decent grip and arent expensive
conti sport contact are in the same realm
DO NOT buy gookshits

I want a tire with this as a tread pattern

Attached: s.png (415x523, 8K)

What’s wrong with Chinese tires?
They are a good value for money $40/tire and last as long as those premium ones. If you are not racing and just want a tire for your beater or point A to B car. It works well.

The Hankook Ventus V12 summers have been a dream on my WRX for the price. Highly recommend them. Grip harder than virgin buttholes, and I'm approaching 30k miles on them with decent life left.

Attached: v12.jpg (367x550, 45K)

Attached: SportsmanPro.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Get the pilots. You won't be disappointed.

Newer Honda's occasionally have a Tpms button that you press, and then you have to drive the car for the system to relearn. Others have a Tpms reset through the DIC, which again you have to drive after resetting the system, but it really depends on what kind of car. It seems that's only available on the more expensive models

Yes and no. They actually do provide better fuel economy, but the traction on anything other than dry placement is shit. I would buy them depending on how much you care about an extra 2-3 mpg

*Pavement

Chinese passenger car tires? I don't know a fucking thing about them but apparently Double Coin semi and tractor trailer tires are quite legit

Mine is an 8th gen accord. The only calibration I've read for these is a fully deflate.

Fucking Integra Tire raped me. $723 later they've put my winter wheel acorn lugs on my aftermarkets that use spline lugs, even though the bag of shiny spline lugs was on the driver seat - i do not know how they fucking did this but my wheels were so loose they felt like they were going to fall off my car on the highway, you can only get the lug like 20% on and it looks really fucking wrong because there's no conical seating.

Got the proper lugs on today and i have to go back a third time for a rebalance and tpms calibration, every wheel rotation feels like I'm driving over a lump now, and I'm getting crazy wheel vibration.

shoulda done ur research while you were waiting in the drive through before going to get your tires

never learn to diy. your fingers might ache and your skin may thicken

I do DIY.

I just don't have the time to tint my windows 10 fucking times trying to get it without bubbles or cropped properly. I also don't have a tire machine or a garage so it's not so simple.

Ok got your point but care to tell more about this?

>but the traction on anything other than dry placement is shit.

So are fuel economy tires shit in rainy conditions?

I bought a mustang gt with 18" wheel and all season tires. What would be good looking tires to go with for summer?

Michellin Defenders

Oh, to add to this I just got a flat today because the tire lost the bead. Too bad my TPMS wasn't functional because I might have caught it before it shredded the fucking sidewall up.

Now I have three 19s and one 17 until Monday. $279 tire did not even last 200km. I am fucking mad. Vibrations no longer happening with 17 on.

Used tires from local tire shop, get some spare steelies to keep them on for "quick" change at the track

because if you want to stop suddenly between a and b, I'd rather like to be able to. shitty chong tires are crap when you most need them

when winter fades I have for each of the past ten years bought a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.. in a few weeks I will get another set. they are quiet, grip like grim death , supreme water channeling in rain just don;t ever expect to operate on anything like ice,snow or the like.. strictly a one season Summer tire... you should get about 30,000 miles of aggressive driving if you rotate every 5k miles.. I tried the PS2 once ... they were a lightly used set and were great.. apparently they are a level above the super sports but I was misinformed one year and switched but the PS2's are a bit pricier and I see no reason to grab them.. car is a 1995 BMW 540 manual six speed.

Attached: IMG_1129.jpg (2448x3264, 1.14M)

What is the best LT tire for driving 80% paved road and 20% shitty sometimes unmaintained forest service and industry roads? So far the most favor seems to be for BFG KO2's

if you can find black lions they are the best chinese tyes i have found, they have no business being that grippy