/asg/ - Absolver General

Got Parried: Rudimentary Map
i.imgur.com/Na8qQOr.png

>Wikis
absolver.gamepedia.com/Absolver_Wiki
absolver.wiki.fextralife.com/Absolver Wiki

>General information on moves, stats, and equipment
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=1698220040

>News
absolvergame.com/news

>Hairstyles in game
imgur.com/a/TlMXk
imgur.com/a/rm56U

>Where the fuck is XYZ?
youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUJMP527k

>Discord:
discord.gg/Eqrxcn9

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L6sR78edsPU
youtube.com/watch?v=wjpY9EwAc9k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=1698220040
steamcommunity.com/id/Manmies
youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

VIDEO GAMES

youtube.com/watch?v=L6sR78edsPU

WINDFALL UBER ALLEN

youtube.com/watch?v=wjpY9EwAc9k

Obligatory threadly what are you wearing post. And or the sake of having actual discussion: what' are your opinions on the various guard breaks? I'm quite partial to the jumping elbow myself but honestly that's purely for style, I have no idea how it compares mechanically.

Spreadsheetfag/discordfag here, I'm working on attribute information all the way up to 30 in each style. Finished Forsaken and Kahlt, and I'll work on Windfall and Stagger after I find someone to hold my school so I can rejoin after (apparently schools are account-based instead of character-based). Before anyone asks, it was made with a CCC deck on a completely naked character with all stats starting at 6.

Start including this in the OP until it gets fixed you fuccbois

>if your powers disappear from the lower left corner of the screen, DO NOT open the Equipment menu. Restart the game and the powers will be back. Please be aware that this workaround has worked 50% of the time.

>if your powers disappear from the lower left corner of the screen, DO NOT open the Equipment menu. Restart the game and the powers will be back. Please be aware that this workaround has worked 50% of the time.

BIDEO BAMES

what can stagger do better than other styles

i prefer the front kick, i enjoy the range it has. works as a good bait for long distance

>fighting on donut at level 4
>dude relies solely on shockwave cheese to win
>had switched to Khalt to fuck around
>absorb his shockwave shit but still not too familiar with Khalt 45 to really do well
>lose because I fell off the edge after killing him
>he won't give me the runback

Why do people want to cheese so much. Just beat my ass normally you fuck

WHY THE FUCK ARE HEAL AND SHOCKWAVE SUCH MANDATORY ABILTIES FUCKING REMOVE HEAL AND NERF SHOCKWAVE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

>took 20 strength on my Forsaken

whoops

How many points do you get at level 60 again?

I don't mind shockwave so far, but I have a feeling that'll change once people realize there are better uses for it than pushing me away after I used a combo and had no stam

>Last 5 people I've fought have just spammed high dodging moves
How can anyone think high dodge moves aren't fucking broken? Most moves hit high and only 20% of my fucking deck can even contest this shit.

60 points to distribute.
A total of 84 points counting the starting stats of any style.

>CCC deck
Elaborate

Parry, duck or absorb them you double nigger.

What I wearing keeps changing, but I've managed to stack a disturbing 71 Blunt (only 45 Cut) Protection while maintaining 15 (barely Normal) mobility.

>guardbreaks

Unless I'm mistaken, they're not only all pretty damn slow (I couldn't get even the lowest damage one to confirm off of a parry) but they have a major weakness in that all of them seem to be head-on, mid- or high-hitting attacks, so you can prepare to duck or side-dodge every single one when you hear the sound effect.

I personally advise against putting them into either chain openers or second position. Maybe in a third position with the intent of almost always alting "around" it, and keep exactly one in your alts to feint from time to time to keep them honest.

There is one notable exception and that is the hilariously slow Spiral Palm. Its feint window is so slow that you can get punished out of it even while feinting extremely easily, but people who try to duck or parry it will receive a nasty surprise because it's so, SO slow and comes out almost twice as slowly as people "expect'.

Scaling. C strength, C dexterity, and C mobility. Not perfect, but I'm using the same deck for all calculations so all numbers will maintain their relative usefulness to each other.

One of them is weak and the others are slow, you can shut down a downwards dodging deck with literally one move
Try ankle stomp or something

I'm starting to think that I need to make my alternate moves quick moves instead of all being heavy
That way they're true alternates and make it difficult to predict chains

Guard breaks are great because people like blocking things

>duck
>a low attack
Retard. Parry works against it, but you can only get one attack off to punish with because they'll just open with another fucking sweep that is as fast if not faster than your jab. Don't even bring up absorb, Kahlt has the worst time with low attack spam because they can't even stop their momentum.

My mistake, I thought you meant moves that dodge high as part of the attack.

>most moves hit high

So make sure you have some that don't in your deck, you mongoloid. There are plenty of quick-ish attacks that hit low just fine. Illusion Twist Kick and and Jumped Spin Kick receive special mention for being jump kicks that hit low as well (for some reason).

It's a general way of eyeballing the "average" damage scaling of a deck. Every move calculates damage differently in and of itself, the ratings just give you a nice general idea of how your deck is biased. Do note that this can be non-representative of how your deck actually plays out in practice, if you have segments of chains that you rarely use.

Just picked up the memeslap, but I still need Donkey Slap, Gut Punch, Handstand Kick, Foot Slap, Grab Punch and Knee Strike. Any leads on where to find them? I think most are Stagger moves, so Jinn Mesca?

I use ankle stomp in my deck. That doesn't make it any less bullshit. So what, I hit them with ankle stop, which is slower than tripped kick and back tripped kick, and follow up with a high attack that will just get ignored because they'll go for another sweep? These moves shouldn't be negating almost every attack. Every person online uses these dodge moves because of how good they are, not because they're cool. The only solution is to use the deck yourself. If you make a deck entirely focused on shitting on low attack spam you will lose to every other player.

Two unspoken rules of Absolver need to be addressed.

1. If you kill someone out in the world, revive them.

It's not out of your way, it doesn't cost you anything, and you're doing a stranger a favor by giving them full health again.
2. Fight fair.

If you want to PvP out in the world but you wait until bots have carved the health of your target (or maybe they're even still pre-occupied with fighting someone else) and THEN you swoop in for the kill, you're opportunistic trash.

For the most part, this is a fantastic group of people. I've met some very respectful people who've taught me some great lessons on Absolver etiquette.

Tl;dr - Don't be a dick. Fight with honor.

You're the retard for calling a downwards dodge a high dodge

t. knew what you meant because I'm used to dealing with retards

>library
>my low level, base build windfall shitter alt
>some stagger guy
>laggy as shit
>keep throwing him off the edge (without shockwave)

Normally I don't go this bitchmade but fuck that

WHY WOULD YOU HELP THAT GUY UP

Do you guys stick to moves that match your style?

Sorry guess all my wins weren't real then

Fucking look at their stances you autist, after getting hit they have two moves they could do, learn where the lows are

Oh wait, that might be rough for a retard

I'm trying to cosplay Sagat, so yes.

So I'm pretty much completely lost at this point.

Seems like no matter how much I adjust my deck, there's too many possibilities and my opponent ALWAYS finds a counter. That or their deck counters my right from the first round.

I'm beginning to think I should create a dedicated sword character purely for the switch-up a sword provides. When my opponent begins to adapt, I pull out the sword. That, or I create deck wherein I only use half of it until my opponent adapts, at which point I use the other moveset.

This.

Keep playing, you will recognize certain moves because everyone has moves that overlap after a while.

Knowing when to dodge/parry/absorb comes with experience with the same moves over and over.

Footfag represent, so yes.

I would if I could

>shopping for mid hit combo starters
>curled uppercut is like 65 damage, slow, short range, no evasion
>jumped kick is like 50 damage, fast, longish range, evades sweeps

wow i wonder which one of these amazing moves i should use in my forsaken build

How do I change the keybinds on PC?

>tfw feinting and baiting like a fiend but still lose to gimmick shit

Feels bad. Though forcing people 40 times higher leveled than me to heal and cheese is a good feelin

You're not seeing the problem here. If you're fighting someone whose deck is mostly ducking attacks you have little to no options to hitting them because most moves hit high. Ducking attacks are too good, even the slow ones are objectively better than normal moves of the same speed because their dodge properties activate on startup meaning their speed isn't an issue. The only counterplay is using a deck full of lows or playing extremely defensive only getting hits off of parries or avoids which kills all variety and fun the combat has. Just one or two low hitting moves isn't enough to do any meaningful damage.

swords are pretty shitty in this game, honestly don't bother with them.

your deck sounds like it just lacks mixups. or maybe you're just bad at using them

you can try joining my school and using my deck that is full of mixups

steamcommunity.com/id/Manmies

Anybody have any good/suggestions for Windfall? Forsaken main here trying something different

don't underestimate gimmick shit

i'm pretty good at this game but at this point i'm more worried about people playing some weird haymaker spam bullshit than i am about most people playing the game properly. they have their own little weird bullshit meta going on so it's nigh impossible to read them at first. of course once you figure out their gimmick, it becomes trivial to beat them, but they tend to wreck my shit until that point

Why would you even use a guardbreak out of a parry? That's not the point of the parry window. The point is you get a few hits or one strong hit in. Guard breaks are slow. Take one of the faster ones if you want to catch people with them and get it with precise timing. Your opponent should not have time to block after a parry unless you're doing something very wrong.

The only way someone can be infinitely fast sweeping is something similar to Tripped Kick->Handstand Kick->Back Tripped Kick. Handstand Kick has a decently long recovery even when gold chaining into Back Tripped Kick, long enough to sneak in a jab. If they're using a faster move to bridge the two tripped kicks, it's not a sweep.

tl;dr just wait for the fucking move that isn't an overly fast sweep, there's going to be at least one

you should probably have access to a string that has nothing but mid-attacks. for me it's jumped kick into leg breaker into jumped kick into leg breaker etc.

i once did that combo for an entire duration of a match and the guy never learned and just kept trying to sweep.

there's no real satisfying way to deal with those guys if you don't have a mid combo, so at this point in the game's lifecycle you might as well have that combo in your deck. it's just like cheese in starcraft, it's stupid, but it works if people don't expect it, so you have people doing it even in grandmaster or whatever

Are GOG and STEAM servers combined?
GOG here.

>Make a kahlt
>fought someone online who looped two fast sweep kicks
>couldn't hit him with any of my attacks
>Can't even punish off a successful absorb
Is this the part where I remake to forsaken or something?

Swords are shitty until you farm out some of the super hard to find, hard to grind moves. There are a ton of really funky swaying, looping, poking, deceptive sword attacks in the game.

The starting and easily accessible sword attacks are hugely telegraphed and slow, but once you get enough of the "good" ones you can practically jab-spam someone, except it's with a sword and chipping them through their guard as well. It's fucking terrifying.

If you're a foot user you might wanna join Oroboro's school (he's made a lot of Dark Souls content). He made a whole deck of foot that includes a bitchin' fisticuffs deck for gauntlet and a very good, quick deck for sword, too, with Forsaken style to top it off.

Not that user but how do you tell between low, mid, and high? Just guess by their animations?

I don't have this issue. Most ducking moves have a fair bit of windup, so any quick low attack (see: several of the weaker kicks) beats on them and locks them out.

Post up your region and a code and somebody with the Steam version can test it with you.

>oroboro
>mfw

I already have a full kick deck since day 2, and a school. I think I'm real fuckin' good.

Use charge moves or long range attacks to initiate.
If you have the stamina, block until he gets low on stamina and trade HP.
Remove your lock and run away to gain distance.
Try to get him in a corner.

If I have to fight one more FUCKING stagger spamming piece of shit I swear to fucking god

When will this fucking meme end

How the fuck do you deal with this shit. It's nigh impossible to tell where the fuck the attacks are coming from

The windup doesn't matter because they dodge long before the attack lands, so if you ever try to go on the initiative you'll be stuck in recovery and get hit every time. Unless you're forsaken you would still have a hard time with people who spam like this.

animations and rote memorization mostly

there's a bunch of attacks that look one way and are another, so yeah, you need to memorize stuff sometimes. it sucks and they should've put that info in the combat deck creation thing

You'll learn with time. Staggers are usually free wins for me now.

They can't throw out low moves if you have low-hitting moves or chains because they risk taking a full chain. The windup on low moves also has frames where you can be hit normally. You don't just instantly become immune to high on the windup.

i've almost gotten the entire starter set from PvP rewards, u jelly?

teach me your ways, sensei

don't speak to me until you have at least 3 starter sets, noob

haymaker.gif

>couldn't hit him with any of my attacks
WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE
WE MIGHT NEVER KNOW

r8

Also I'm an elbowfag with a deck consisting of mostly elbows and knees so I use the jumping elbow a lot too

Okay, so I come from a Dark Souls background primarily. I know some people take the bowing shit seriously in that, I've never been a "bower".

But this is ridiculous. He kept running away from me, and kept bowing. When I did the "no no no" emote, he just quits out on me. I fought him the match prior to this one and I didn't bow then either and he fought me.

Some people ought to be forced back into a high school locker-room and towel-whipped by the meanest bullies in school until they learn to stop being pussies.

>down 2 rounds, guy is definitely better than me
>close my eyes and just start randomly pressing X and Y while occasionally hitting left and right on the right stick (i'm windfall)
>open eyes after 10 seconds, i have one kill
I started trying again and then he soundly beat me

Finally got a mask from pvp

Just chase after them and punch them in the dick. I never bow. The closest thing I do is spam khalt absorb with another khalt for high tension whooshing action.

Just like in Dark Souls, you don't need to bow. It's bad form to hit someone DURING THE INITIAL BOW. If they're acting like idiots and running away to bow, just beat their stupid skulls in.

Bowing is basically like saying 'hello'. Great as a conversation starter, confusing and aggravating mid-conversation.

>there are people who look up what decks are "the best" instead of fucking around with their own creation

happens in every game in some way, and i will never understand it

They only derive value from victory, not the process of learning.

>tfw someone's just toying with you after a few sets
>won once
>he beat my ass 5 sets

I seriously cannot into Windfall. Some of these sweeps and kicks look like they're coming from one direction but they're actually coming from another

Got to face the guy again. First round he just ran around and bowed, and/or spammed "no no no" at me until he caught me by surprise and shockwaved me into the middle of the doughnut.

Then he fought me for 2 rounds, last round he ran around spamming "no no no" again and then alt-f4'd on me once more. I know it's not lag because he chain windfall-dodged me at least 4 times so he's spot on there.

Why would you even boot your game up if you're gonna play like this? What's the point? His deck wasn't bad, he just didn't feint at all so I could parry a lot.

That's what I did, as you see in the start. Then he alt-f4s.

I don't hit them in the initial bow. If they want to bow, fuck it. Let them. But when he literally refuses to fight me until I bow, it's ridiculous.

i've accepted that im a casual so i never use my style ability
you can be different - learn, adapt

>I don't hit them in the initial bow. If they want to bow, fuck it. Let them. But when he literally refuses to fight me until I bow, it's ridiculous.

Then he's a fucking idiot. Kick his ass.

The game just feels jank sometimes and I can't tell if its the lag or the game itself. Parries not working right even if you parry in the right direction, charge moves absorbing multihits, kicks hit way farther than their animations.

I made (and still make) my own decks, but I ripped off Voerman's and tweaked it slightly and I can't find anything more fun. That decision was based on his webms looking really cool though, not based on what was OP or not.

It's just silly that in 263 levels of combat trials, I haven't faced anybody who behaves like this once. It requires mental gymnastics above my intellectual level to figure out the mentality of these kinds of people.

Sounds like you're not a weeb who fetishizes martial arts.

>kicks hit way farther than their animations.
This is my biggest grievance with the combat so far. You don't know how many times I've back dodged perfectly and my opponent kicked the air so hard I died.

It's not unique to kicks, but kicks just usually have wider arcs and longer range. This shit happens to me with Haymakers and other charged attacks all the time.

I like it. Very regal.

Congrats. I like how it goes with your outfit.

RPfags are disgusting. If you bow in front of me I will kick you in the mouth. I don't give a fuck.

>Absolver
>128 viewers
Obviously shitty hours for NA/EU but still amusingly low; even For Honor is higher.

>amusingly
odd word choice

>tfw some asshole keeps trying to ledge you with shockwave on the donut stage
>deny him over and over and over again
>use him to grind levels on my alt
>keep getting starter gear
>realize I spent two hours doing nothing of value

Fuck

If you want to see real silly shit when it comes to animations and hitboxes, look at Drunk Crane. I'm still 100% convinced that Drunk Crane is the single best move in the game because of it's absolutely retarded hitbox, the fact that it hits middle rather than top so you can't sweep dodge it, it's incredibly fast and you can pretty much put any move behind it and it'll come out ridiculously fast because it fully skips the recovery animation.

Is Drunk Crane that weird spinny double punch move? Because I fucking hate that move. How do you dodge it, is it even possible?

Why care about Twitch, during one of the low-times of all twitch streams, or even low times in general. Americans are asleep, a lot of Europeans are still asleep, if not that they're probably either at work or heading to work, Aussies are fighting off the wilderness but that's a constant.

It's literally one of the biggest dead-hours in gaming.

Drunk Crane is the punch where you lean forward, lift up one leg and stretch out.

>tfw cant parry that invincible haymaker

it hits me every single fucking time

Some haymakers are super slow.A lot of people can't get the timing right.Better do a hard block.

I was actually discussing this with someone just earlier, here's a quick little video explaining a few ways to deal with the haymaker that should be adaptable to any playstyle.
youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

The timing is ridiculous sometimes. Especially for a person like me with my kick-deck. My kicks are usually so long in animation that they have time to rev up the swing while I can't dodge, nor feint. It's a flaw in kick-builds unless you deck for the speed-kick extravaganza. I don't, so therein lies a flaw in the system.