We live in the universe where Saturn, Pontiac, Geo and AMC don't exist in 2018

>we live in the universe where Saturn, Pontiac, Geo and AMC don't exist in 2018

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Good

>Nothing of great value was lost.

Attached: photo-6.jpg (3264x2448, 3.16M)

Oh no!
We dont have four more versions of the exact same car!
wtf shall we ever do?!

Attached: gmtotalrecall.jpg (541x800, 102K)

>Oldsmobile not mentioned

Attached: 7CB16986-A4E3-4694-A3C2-6124B28BCFE5.png (635x585, 313K)

>AMC, Saturn, Geo

Good

>Pontiac

shame, was good for getting cheap tuners to wheel in

>we live in a time where babbies born in 2000 are now getting secondhand nostalgia for forgettable shitboxes and emo music

I liked my sunfire. Except the gutless 2.2.

>we live in the universe where Saturn, Pontiac, Geo and AMC don't exist in 2018

Attached: 1296024089741.jpg (400x400, 59K)

>GM still gets bailouts every few years and keeps producing absolute fucking garbage and killing anything interesting because of muh overheating, oil leaking shitvette

>we live in the universe where GM still exists at all

>all these fags who don't want a 2018 Geo tracker or metro
>or an AWD two door amc wagon

>plymouth doesn't exist anymore
>eagle doesn't exist anymore
>mercury is dead
>oldsmobile is also gone

Nor mercury, nor Holden

and Oldsmobile

Attached: GM-1958-Ad-01.jpg (1200x801, 333K)

they all sucked though

>I liked my sunfire.
Same here except I had the Cavalier 2.4L version. It had better power to weight than my newer cars and on hills, I'd say it out accelerates my current new car which has a much bigger engine. It also had better gas mileage too. Who would have though all these newer cars 2 decades later aren't too much better on MPG?

Competition is good in that it kills off niche cars.
But some people like niche cars, so they lose out.
When China enters the USA market, that will really kill off the car lines with weak sales. Even less niche then.

>Geo
Geo was literally just a bunch of re-badged Japanese cars.
Why mourn the loss of the Prizm when you can still buy a Corolla?

Attached: 1518934585563.jpg (320x321, 21K)

Why don't you die OP like those garbage brands you just named?

/thread

>nor holden

I love my saturn ion redline. But it's getting old... 113k miles now. Still picks up nice. I beat on it every day. I'll do my part to kill it for Veeky Forums.

This

Name one good car from each of those brands that wasn't a rebadged Euro or Australian car.

>drop olds and Pontiac which seems to have been backed by enthusiasts
>keeps Buick
I know the chunks are buying em like hot cakes but fuck why Oldsmobile

>2018 Geo tracker
This exists, it is called the Chevy Trax.

>5 literally identical cars
How are boomers nostalgic for this shit.?

Pontiac Solstice / Saturn Sky

113k miles isn't old for most cars but i can see how your pos Saturn would feel old by then

Attached: 1431384177985.png (480x800, 448K)

Market redundancy. Buick and Oldsmobile where competing for the same market in the US and Buick was the original GM brand so Olds was always going to get the axe.
Pontiac should have been GM's performance brand but GM wouldn't invest in it properly partly because it's a sin to draw attention from the Corvette and partly because GM are just cheap fuckers to begin with.

the sky redline looks like so much fun.

rebadged opel gt

Pic is my Hyundai, bought it last week with 110k (112700 now). Gonna run this thing until the heat death of the universe, what do you mean yours is old?

Attached: 15216705057614778557014685394202.jpg (720x1280, 384K)

Im happy they are gone, so they dont have to be raped cars are like today

consider it mercy

No, opel gt and sky are rebadged Pontiac Solstice.

>Saturn
original S series cars were reliable and very easy to work on with tons of parts.
>Pontiac
Soltice cars, Turbo Formula Firebirds (did not have a camaro variant) first gen Pontiac tempest
>AMC
AMC AMX, AMC Jeeps, AMC Eagle 4x4
>Oldsmobile
World Record braking Aerotech cars, Pikes Peak winning Oldsmobile Toronado, SCCA dominating Cutlass Calais quad 4.
Pontiac came first and was exported as a Opel GT (where it sold pretty well in europe)

Attached: 1988 Oldsmobile Ad-03.jpg (934x1276, 162K)

>tfw if they were still around they would be forced into making souless econoboxes

it's better that they are kill desu. i love my g6 gt and i ironically love most of the stuff gm made before the 2010's hit and these companies got the axe, if only because there were a wide variety of cheap, unkillable, and barebones shitboxes that could be quick if you got the right model.

>mfw the current state of the industry

Attached: 1500597160241.png (481x515, 196K)

>dat pic
arr rook same!

>we live in the timeline where Volvo gave up RWD and sold themselves to Ford who sold them to Geely

Attached: ▄█ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀.png (500x737, 522K)

We were not worthy.

Attached: LS4_Saturn_Swap.jpg (1000x610, 169K)

I really miss saturn.
>american
>honda
That's all there is to say about them but GM had to ruin everything thanks to diversity affirmative action hires

Buick is great. Old Buicks are amazingly comfy and hyper-reliable and Buicks Regal sportback, Tourx, and GS are sexy and spacious. Chinks like the Buick crossovers. Ignore those. The sedans are great.

Remember when ferd made the LS? Then diversity affirmative action became mainstream and everything went to shit

Oldsmobile deserved to get dumped. Have you seen the shit they were making in the early 2000s?

Crossovers
>oldsmobile
Suvs
>GMC
Cars
>Buick
Trucks/sports cars
>Chevy
Economy
>Saturn
Luxury
>Cadillac
Literally how GM should be

>the marque that created the goddamn muscle car
>relegated to crossovers
i'll fucking slap you

>Saturn
>Gaskets
>Lol just keep two quarts of oil on you at all times! It's fine!
Seriously, if an import burned as much oil as a Saturn, Veeky Forums would cry bloody murder. Saturn only gets a pass because
>Muh Murrican Made!

Who's buying crossovers now? Geriatrics that used to drive muscle cars

can confirm. my SC2's last oil change is 600 miles deep and already black as the night and a quart low.

They're on the same platform and owned by the same company and have to share a certain amount of glass and sheet metal, of course they're gonna look similar. To be fair though '58 is a really bad year, everyone jumping on QUAD HEADLIGHTS QUAD HEADLIGHTS started making everything look really similar and someone took a big vat of chrome and dumped it all over the place where it doesn't even fit. Why does the Olds have a musical staff on the side? Why does the Pontiac have a rocket ship on the side, despite the Olds being the one affiliated with rockets? Why does the Buick's sweepspear only go to the rear wheel, and where did the portholes go? Go forward or back a few years in either direction and there's a bit more variation.

Don't forget too that even if they look the same, they've all got different powerplants under the hood, and in those days people still bought cars because they wanted a specific engine, not because it linked to their phone the easiest.

Attached: GM 1955.jpg (573x1280, 170K)

Which is stupid imo.
Heres a lineup of saturn if I ran GM
>spark, sonic, cruze, trax
Buick
>regal, cascada, lacrosse
Chevy
>camaro, corvette, ss renamed to impala, colorado, silverado
Gmc
>yukon, make trailblazer/envoy bof replacement
Oldsmobile
>all the current buick crossovers except encore
Cadillac
>ats, cts, dts, xts, escalade all fr or bof suvs

i hate everything i'm looking at

Attached: 1478572548794.png (465x301, 127K)

It wouldnt be badge engineered across the line

Cts would be a coupe, dts the sedan, ats, dts, xts all sedan, only one suv for cadillac