New Charger Pursuit

I've been lusting after Chargers lately, but live in the midwest and need AWD for any practical daily driver. The only Chargers available in AWD are the V6s, they went RWD only on the hemi.
Except for the police model. The Charger Pursuit has a 5.7l V8, and AWD option. It also has a column mounted shifter, which I've always preferred, and some other smaller features I want.
I've been completely unable to find a solid answer on whether or not this can be bought by individuals, outside of sales when they are retired by police departments. Does anyone know if there is any way for an individual to buy a new Charger Pursuit?

Attached: ChargerPursuit.jpg (960x661, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fcausfleet.com/contact-us/find-a-representative.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>live in the midwest and need AWD for any practical daily driver.
???

Magical white stuff that falls from the sky, often in large amounts in March for some unknown reason.

I've heard a few times most dealerships will sell to security guards and shit like that. Maybe just get a summer job as one just to buy the car?

Even if that's true, it's not a solution for me. I've got a good job and can't just go do something else for a while like that.

Get a Subaru if you're not retarded.
If you are get a charger

Chain up

>I need awd
oh my sweet summer child

>he needs aws in the snow
Nigga, I drove a 97 Buick with no traction control for five years in Minnesota. Never got stuck. Man the fuck up and get some blizzaks.

I drove a RWD Vic for the past few years; It's not like it's impossible or even crazy difficult, but AWD would be nice

Seriously LEARN TO DRIVE. I drove RWD cars for ages in the Midwest. None of them had driver crutches like traction control or ABS. I only got stuck once going out in weather I had no business going out in. If your careful and can gauge when the roads are clear and when are not then you will be fine.

What’s wrong with getting one from an auction? I highly doubt you can get a police car new

It's not like they're illegal to own as a civilian or anything, they probably just don't sell them outside of fleet sales.

I can drive RWD in the snow. I can also drive a manual transmission. In both cases, it's not about *needing* the difference, but it's definitely nice to have.

Police cars are beat to hell a lot of the time, and I can finally responsibly afford a new car and I want to take advantage of that.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, there's just generally not enough money in it to sell them outside of fleet sales. I'm just curious if anyone has had luck either just knowing someone at the dealership, or even just paying a premium on top of MSRP to make it worthwhile.

>Why even consider a better tool for the job
>Just bravado your way through it without considering tool selection
>Be as manly as I am and unbuckle your seatbelt, god

Attached: anvuhin.gif (442x145, 1016K)

>Training wheels grant stability
>lol why should I ever take them off and make things harder

Save yourself the bureaucratic headache and get a used srt8

>Why ever use better tools for a task?

Attached: HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr.jpg (374x302, 25K)

Well, I don't know specifically for the midwest, but here in the PNW they are pretty common to find. Lots of people use them for private use after the police get done with them.

Yeah, I can see a decent number of used listings for them in my area; My problem is that I specifically want a new one, retired cop cars are usually beat to hell.

I know it's been possible to buy the chargers in police spec from the factory before the AWD option was available.

I would imagine that it's no different now, you just might have to wait because you're not a department with a few hundred thousands of dollars invested in buying one

Waiting isn't really an issue for me; I've got a nice reliable car as-is. I can probably get in touch with a couple higher-up guys at Chrysler assembly plants through my job and see what my options are.

>blizzaks
good meme
get some tires that last more than 1 (one) winter season

Attached: btfo.png (580x360, 277K)

Tire life is shit, for sure. I only ever put blizzaks on if it iced over or I was going somewhere that they didn’t plow. 90% of the time I was driving on a set of Goodyear assurance.

>Does anyone know if there is any way for an individual to buy a new Charger Pursuit
>new
Probably not.
Used, yes.
Why do you need AWD anyways? Just get good tires.

You could just get your guard card and then pay some company to tell the dealer you’re working for them so you can buy the car. They’re not going to spend time and money to investigate whether you actually worked as a security guard or not.

Do you know if dealers selling police vehicles to security guards is even a real thing?

Just buy a used one, and from the savings difference of a new one send it to a mechanic and upholstery cleaner, you shoukd still come out at most at 0, the only difference being you've saved yourself hassle.

I'm looking to buy a used police interceptor, unfortunately in Florida you can't buy one brand new and you can get them at a dealer or a police auction. In my state they are required to be stripped of all police decals and equipment like the radios, cages, lights, siren system etc but you still get the pursuit package engine, ECU chip and whatever else was sold to the department when they purchased the vehicle. The retirement age of a police vehicle is usually around 90,000 miles but that's just what I found. I personally am looking for a used Tahoe.

I personally don’t know and google isn’t helping but you could probably just call a dealer and ask about it

Yeah, I don't even mind it being stripped down; I don't want it to *look* like a cop car, I just like a lot of the features it comes with

lmao chains on sedans are full retard. Had a buddy who tried to do a season in CO with his very gay acura and he had to get yanked out of ditches and even parking lots more times than I could count and he used chains. AWD or 4WD is superior, OP should just get a subie or get the v6 and see if he can swap it /thread

Ok guys is not about not using modern tech, traction control, abs, awd, ect. It's about the false sense of security that it gives you. If you can't handle the roads without it them either the roads are too bad to go out, your not experienced enough to drive in them, or you need chains. Not trying to be demeaning or anything. By the way I find it hilarious to see 4wd/awd cars and trucks in the ditch because of overconfidence in their machines.

We know about the false sense of security. It’s much worse in people who think they can man up and dive better than anyone on the road because they put winter tires on their RWD cars and larp as takumi than people who have AWD.

People who drive without ABS in the winter should be shot for their overconfidence.

Have you ever stoppe to think, hey maybe it’s just really nice, even fun, to have AWD in the winter? Maybe it’s really cool to have an AWD Charger with a V8? Maybe you’re just European and don’t understand anything beyond just needs.

Big rig is safer than any suv or car. Just get a big rig.

I will have you know that us snow europeans quite enjoy awd as well. Just look at Volvo.
We just use chains, snow tires and spikes as well.

>Ok guys is not about not using modern tech, traction control, abs, awd, ect. It's about the false sense of security that it gives you. If you can't handle the roads without it them either the roads are too bad to go out, your not experienced enough to drive in them, or you need chains. Not trying to be demeaning or anything. By the way I find it hilarious to see 4wd/awd cars and trucks in the ditch because of overconfidence in their machines.
This post gave me cancer.
It's also cool how chains don't cause that overconfidence that AWD does. I should use bald tires, too. Then I'll learn to be *really* good.

I thought the same with my Mustang till black ice on a bridge took out 8 cars

Wtf is wrong with you Veeky Forums have you never heard of snow or dirt roads? Fuck off saying you don't need awd.

>Minnesota
>Buicks

Why are Buicks so popular there? I went to visit with my girlfriends family in Minneapolis and was had never seen as many Buicks before. They were like 1 out of every 10 cars where we were. Fuck loads of Saturns, Pontiacs and Panthers too. It was like heaven for domestic 90s shitboxes.

Attached: wade-gustafson-fargo.jpg (378x287, 55K)

Ok so I don't knock OP for wanting AWD, but come on. In this case, unironically, learn to drive. Bridges are always icier, and it's not hard to be prepared to hit ice.

Hey fuck you panthers are great

I'm a cop, I can buy one for you then sell it to you if you want. I get to drive it for a few days though and you have to come to AZ to pick it up.

>awd would have saved him from hicksville not having a divider on a 4 lane highway and hitting ice
nope.

If it's actually that simple, I have a couple relatives that are cops. Thanks for the offer though

Somalis just love Buicks

Ok you send money to my paypal I send car. Don't worry, I you can trust.

sry idk how to send paypal monie, if i give you my password can you do it for me

Yes I will also sochial sekuritee

password is hunter2
soc is 372-54-2749

nigga, I've had my Blizzaks for 4 winters now. Just don't drive with them on when it's 90F outside, and they last just fine.

I think the 2011/12 chargers had a package called RT Max which had the 5.7 and awd if youre going used anyways.

Ideally, I'm not going used

Jus wait till you see one driving around then jack it bhru

I daily drive a 392 in Michigan just fine. Get good at driving ya fuckgoof.

Hey OP talk to a dealership that deals with fleet sales.
Or:

fcausfleet.com/contact-us/find-a-representative.html

Under fleet sales pop in your state and it'll list who to contact.

Attached: 2018-Dodge-Charger-Pursuit-Protection-Package-PLACEMENT-626x383.jpg (626x383, 46K)

Bra learn google r/t MAX has the 5.7 and awd and its a public model

And also isn't made anymore, I would have to go used

Do you have any idea if they'll actually bother with an individual sale?