/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 6th of September:
1522 – The Victoria, the only surviving ship of Ferdinand Magellan's expedition, returns to Sanlúcar de Barrameda in Spain, becoming the first ship to circumnavigate the world.
1634 – Thirty Years' War: In the Battle of Nördlingen, the Catholic Imperial army defeats Swedish and German Protestant forces.
1885 – Eastern Rumelia declares its union with Bulgaria, thus accomplishing Bulgarian unification.
1901 – Leon Czolgosz, an unemployed anarchist, shoots and fatally wounds US President William McKinley at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York.
1939 – World War II: South Africa declares war on Nazi Germany.
1949 – Allied military authorities relinquish control of former Nazi Germany assets back to German control.

>News
CK2 DD 04/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1042377
EU4 DD 05/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1042506

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes 0.033
mega.nz/#!ssVQHYiR!7YI0qycnElHH2gNVb0C5mNt8S7xKa20tNBbI1m8vASA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/western-europe-410-962-the-winter-king
youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo
docs.google.com/document/d/1syVzNITq6_ddv7zHvjuesHv4jxXepzk3AiUMTBXkp-Y/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

You don't use prestige for anything. It's just a standing of your nation. Same thing for industry. Population can't be mana either, you don't spend it. Diplomacy and colonial points are only used for diplomacy and colonies. So they don't classify as mana. Try again, shill.

You don't know what "shill" means do you?

orthodox > shia > sunni >>>>[power gap]>>>> catholicism > protestantism > paganism

For the user asking about CK2 King Arthur mods in the deleted thread, there's the Winter King (410-962)
moddb.com/mods/western-europe-410-962-the-winter-king

>Why do you shills feel the need to defend that mod?

It's literally a M&T dev shilling for it here. See the responses to this post insulting him

Pre-Vatican II Catholicism was pretty based

despite the devs being retarded, M&T is pretty fun

la plata

>it adds tons of mana points, even population mana
You don't spend population on anything, and all the other manas are only used where they are relevant.
was unaware m&t devs would waste time on a shithole in vg with less than 50 regular users and perhaps an extra 50 different 1-time posters per thread when paradox forums regularly get 1k views

>was unaware m&t devs would waste time on a shithole in vg with less than 50 regular users and perhaps an extra 50 different 1-time posters per thread when paradox forums regularly get 1k views

hi Malorn

Feels good cucking P**land.

>You don't spend population on anything,
But it's not population, it's just a bunch of modifiers. They don't consume anything or have issues.

are you germanifying poland?

ostsiedlung is based

Is rapemod guy here?
Are you gonna add a eparate event where a friend or someone peer pressures you into rape?

literally called rural pops, urban pops and upper class pops, they pay taxes, work in buildings, create trade goods, get killed from plagues and breed in prosperous times. And they are by no means a mana like you said.

They actually fucking did it.

Baltifying, playing as Old Prussian.

white men

>literally called
Doesn't matter what the modifiers are called, they still are modifiers.

>they pay taxes
>work in buildings,
They don't.
>create trade goods
They also don't. There are no goods in EU4, everything is money. To create goods would imply someone consumes it. To work in a building it would imply someone exist to consume the goods. It doesn't, no one consumes shit. It's just a bunch of tax and production modifiers.

rule the world

They do eat food, make food and starve without food.

>They do eat food, make food and starve without food
no they dont

"food" is a modifier and if it runs low it spawns another modifier that is called a "famine" which kills a random number of them. There is no importation of food from trade centers, no policies that allow you to focus on importing food or cultivating your lands, nothing. Even embargoes don't affect food

really makes you ponder

>Doesn't matter what the modifiers are called, they still are modifiers.
they are pops. Things affect them and they affect things. Unless you want to call POPs in v2 modifiers too.

>They don't.
They do. A university with no students (based on pops) will do nothing. Urban pops in a trade city will work in the market and produce/trade more goods.
>There are no goods in EU4
What the fuck are you talking about?

No goods are produced, no goods are consumed.
How hard is to understand that?

I was curious so I went to the centre of the park in google maps
>The central park of La Plata has a huge picture of the Falklands and '30 years' written below it
ARGIES BTFO

white

victoria II is boring

>they are pops. Things affect them and they affect things.
>literally more generic description he can think
They aren't pops.
Pops have jobs. They have money. They consume goods. They have issues, preferences.

They are modifiers for production and manpower. They don't create goods. They don't consume goods. They don't demand things based on the current geopolitical or social conditions.

> A university with no students (based on pops) will do nothing
A university isn't producing goods. A university needs some modifiers to work. But the modifiers itself don't produce or consume anything.

> Urban pops in a trade city will work in the market and produce/trade more goods.
You mean the urban modifiers will increase the production modifiers. Wow.

>What the fuck are you talking about?
There are no goods in EU4. "Goods" are just money. They are not traded around.

this

why does quebec have a sandnigger flag?

>its another 'copy and greentext every line of a reply then reply to that over and over' episode
boring

Don't forget the reddit spacing too

>food is a modifier
Food is a variable produced by rural pops, eaten locally or exported to wider markets. It's exactly the same as a Victorian good, except there's only one RGO and it's not calculated every day because it's hacked-on variable scripting.
>no importation of food
Cities import food from the continental market once they're reasonably developed.
>no policies that allow you to focus on importing food or cultivating your land
Building warehouse districts to let your city centers grow off imported food vs building canals to up farming efficiency and increase rural population
>even embargoes don't affect food
Embargoes don't even exist in V2.

There's exactly one good in M&T.

>sandnigger
was there any need to be racist or are you just a rude and hateful person

>Embargoes don't even exist in V2.
>Perhaps the most important, powerful and effective political acts in 19th/20th century history doesn't exist in a game simulating the 19th/20th century
Victoria2 fags BTFO LMAO

Will you just fuck off already, Malorn? Go shill your mod somewhere else and stop shitting up the thread

youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

I unironically am a rude and hateful person. I didn't have many friends you see.

>Food is a variable produced by rural pops
Exactly. It isn't a good. It's just a ticking number that if it goes too low, people start. It's a modifier.
Face it, no matter how much you want to shill it, M&T has no pops. They are just modifiers. They don't ask for shit, they don't care about shit and they don't produce shit. Some just make a few numbers tick up or down.

I am playing the Extended Memeline mod. any idea what the fuck I could do to not be murderfucked by the eternal roman ?

that isn't a sandnigger flag
that's the flag that the 1837-1838 lower canada patriotes adopted against the British

>get BTFO
>call Malorn to everyone
>Malorn probably doesn't even know this autistplace even exists

I'm just a gsg regular, are you implying that the only person who would defend M&T is a single dev? Because people defend all the games here a lot and we don't blame johan or wiz for it

just accept that maybe m&t isn't a memey as you were hoping because you like to say liquor and bureaucrats a lot.

>another rude and hateful person
ugh

see: He even admits it in a reply below

>It isn't a good. It's just a ticking number
The fuck do you think wool is in V2, an actual piece of thread floating around in your computer? It's a number that ticks up when pops make it and ticks down when pops eat it.

There are more than one person "defending" M&T AFAIK

You mean in the parakike thread? Because here he does not.

i am one of them there is another guy in this thread specifically but many peoiple have defended m&t across all threads and to think its a dev is retarded

if i put t. johan at the end of my posts does it make me johan? are you retarded?

wtf i didn't know johan posted here

>if i put t. johan at the end of my posts does it make me johan? are you retarded?
Stop trying to dig yourself out of this Malorn, if you follow the reply chain its more than obvious that its you. I mean, who the fuck would ever bother responding to a post assaulting Malorn and defend him on /gsg/ of all places

I was about to call you retarded but has already done.

Indeed. We are a bunch.

Because it is just so easy to trigger redditors like you.

t. Malorn AKA Johan

Can we remove the M&T sandniggers shitting up the thread with their shit mod drama ?

>lose argument
>assume it must be a developer of a mod who browses some shithole 24/7 falseflagging, instead of regular gsg users who disagree with you
Beyond autistic, just stop mate, stop

based gigau youth

Absolute white based man

GS mod drama is relevent to /gsg/, so no

uhh so white

>active threads
>mega campaign guy
>regular AARs and screenshots
>creative shitposting that regarded multiplayer group personalities
Man I miss the old days. Modern gsg is fucking shit.

The threads or the games?

Let me try to explain this to you in a way you can understand it better
Pops are supposed to represent people
People work, produce stuff, and they care about shit. They move around, join movement for causes or rebel groups. They need more than a generic food ticking number. They have a quantity of food they need to produce and consume, something that inexists in EU4. They need money to buy food, yet they don' thave money in EU4, they don't use money because goods don't exist, they don't have prices, they are literally just variables. You can try your argument ad reduction for everything but the fact is, M&T doesn't have pops or goods. They are just some modifiers.

The threads, as the games haven't changed except hoi4 but that's rare to see. should've said /gsg/

t. multiplayer group """personalitie"""

jesus christ 30 years for a little genocide

>calls this place "some shithole" while unironically calling the paradox forums "a better place" here
>/gsg/ spelled as "gsg"

you're obviously not from here

When will HPM remove the requirement for jingoism to add wargoals to dictatorships? I kill hundreds of jacobin rebels every year, why do I listen to the people in this regard but not in any other?

I am actually Johan............ so............."no"
t.johan

>tfw can't recycle albanians into gunpowder

Actually, provinces have urban and rural wealth variables. Urban wealth is gained from urban production and lost to buy food, while rural wealth ticks up from selling food. I don't think food pricing is dynamic, but it's there.

He has not even used "a better place" anywhere, just stating that paradox forums have more visitors.

>he
I*

>these will be put down by the eternal osteratte
Feels bad, lads.

aaaah relieve

calling this place "a shithole in vg" while giving a positive attribute to the thing you're comparing it to implies that its a better place

can you faggots just fuck off with your EU4/M&T discussion?

Sure, kiddo.

t. Malorn

He has literally said that it has more visitors.
The fact that your butthurt is so strong that does not even let you think clearly does not change the meaning of the words to fit your agenda.

>188468348
why the HECK should I care about a modded (cheating) playthrough?

get out of here

>can you faggots just fuck off with your EU4/M&T discussion?
literally 1 guy saying that things that exist in the game dont exist and then blames 3+ anons for being developers of the mod. It's autistic.

ugh what?

That's not pricing though.

This place is absolutely a shithole, but everywhere else is worse.

>developers
let me correct myself, for being a single developer.

>so mad he cannot comprehend people disagree with him that are not devs of the game

become the parthian

If you mean dynamic pricing then no it's not, M&T isn't remotely as sophisticated as V2, but the gap is one of degree rather than kind.

cozy up to them and wait for them to implode i guess

>dynamic pricing
Pricing of goods IS dynamic. Otherwise it works just like a clock, when the pointers hit a certain number the big pointer move.

>but the gap is one of degree rather than kind.
It's a gap of degree AND kind. These aren't pops just because you use modifiers as multipliers for other modifiers. If they don't consume goods, have money, different cultures, religion, issues, fuck even ideologies (to symbolise "want") money, issues, they are just modifiers.

I guess I'll post my status then
docs.google.com/document/d/1syVzNITq6_ddv7zHvjuesHv4jxXepzk3AiUMTBXkp-Y/edit?usp=sharing
Played a bunch last night and have a full page of notes to work off of, so I think I'll have to write a couple thousand more words added before I can touch the game again

But user. All the pops have religions cultures and issues. For example in a city with a single Jewish urban pop it will have an alert called 'persecuted jewish presence: low' iirc, and although it isn't shown as separate on the actual population screen it exists for calculations. So if for some reason every population except jews are killed in a province an urban pop will remain.

>'persecuted jewish presence: low'
That's not a culture or religion. That's a modifier for a modifier. Unless it's discriminated what are the pops that are jewish, their culture and their religion, it's just a modifier to a modifier.
And that isn't an issue.

>For example in a city with a single Jewish urban pop it will have an alert called 'persecuted jewish presence
no, that's not a pop, that's DG's modifiers before pops even existed. Stop lying

so expansion ideas are more like Spain style colonization while global empire is more like Portuguese or dutch style colonization.

is there a reason not to goexpansion other than RP?

You're wrong on this one, the game tracks religious presence in a province with a 21-point scale shared between all religions.

all that you're convincing me to think is to despise your definition of 'pop' further

i much prefer M&T's system

What, are you actually proud of /gsg/? What a retard holy shit

Fair enough, I chose a bad example and renounce it but every other point I've argued remains

He said he'd add a decision to influence public opinion on the matter for some govt forms. Hope it's soon.

>me
>Disease Outbreak, Disease Outbreak, Disease Outbreak
>them
>Wall Breach, Wall Breach, Wall Breach
rrreeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCK YOU POO-LC