Where can I actually find a cheap, fun car like an Miata? I hear everywhere "Just get a [X] bro...

Where can I actually find a cheap, fun car like an Miata? I hear everywhere "Just get a [X] bro, they're super cheap" but everywhere I look even a beat to trash 180sx is at least 5000 for an absolute wreck of a car.

Attached: wiener sausage talk.jpg (623x555, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xlc09f
youtu.be/F_XbdTSnAkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The life of an Aussie

Actually, I am from Canada.

literally any cheap car is 'fun' if you drive it dangerously

nearly every fun rwd car costs an arm and a leg now

if $5k isn't cheap for you, I'd suggest working on getting a better job/career.

Not judging you. Just keeping it real.

Attached: koguchi180sx auto.jpg (1600x1000, 420K)

I know that. Its what I am asking about.
I know. I'm still rather young and in school so I have very little money. (Yes I am above 18 before you guys sperg out).

damn, so that 5k is only like 2k in real money. do what said

>I'm still rather young and in school so I have very little money.

yeah just think of it this way. work hard in school, try to find a proper job and then when you have $$$ you can buy yourself something nice.

Attached: tumblr_olwk4lmr3Y1rpqn0wo1_1280.jpg (1101x565, 263K)

Look on classifieds like Gumtree, Carsales etc.

Used car dealers are scummy and overpriced.

>fun
>cheap & cheap over time
>rwd

pick 2

OP it sounds like you're in 80s/90s fwd shitbox territory, if you get a 2 door manual hatch it can be reasonably fun, cheap and reliable. Plus there's actually room to improve it.
Look for a 2 door K11 micra, ef or eg civic, swift gti, fxgt something like that, if you want something fucked and or get lucky on a good cond one then; 106 gti, alfasud, mk1/2 golf,

Those cars can all be really fun to drive on twisty roads. They just can't really launch or do dumb shit in a parking lot.

Attached: cub.png (600x311, 255K)

Just get a foxbody

And where would you suggest I do that? A foxbody sounds great but like I said, there is nothing cheap around here that does not look like it was rammed into a brick wall and lit on fire. I am open to suggestions though.
There are a few old EK / EG hatches around here for moderate prices but FWD is sort of like a last resort. I don't really care too much about power, mainly about twisty roads like you said.

180sx or fd.

You've been memed freind, fwd isn't inherently bad, it just isn't good for larger cars or powerful engines. Many 2 door manual hatches with better than 1:10 power to weight ratios and decent suspension setups are incredibly fun/fast on twisty roads. People say that FWD understeers, but a good hatch will liftoff oversteer if you push it in a corner. They're MUCH more forgiving to drive than a rwd car. Reaching the limit and then coming back from it is a lot easier. If you genuinely want to drive hard on fun roads there's way less chance of sending it into a tree with a good fwd car.

For civics, try and get a higher spec model if you can, but i'd prefer a lower spec one than one that's been thrashed/riced.

Get an old 4x4 Bürger truck and have fun offroad instead

>Can't do dumb shit in a parking lot

Lies, they cant do burnouts, but they do good skids. Get a micra

>EF Civic
The cheap ones are all dead at this point, and the good ones are rising in price.

For the love of god don’t do this I believed this meme I am 25 now lost half my hair and still cannot afford a car

This image came from a comparison between a Miata and an American car. Can you guess which one?

Attached: 1484174290916.png (1135x779, 1.19M)

uhhhh mustang

corvette

As a Canadian, you have to realize that Americans are just getting their cars way, way cheaper than us. When they talk about getting a civic for 2k, just mentally translate that to 4-5k and plan accordingly. Get your bank to set you up with financing or just save up senpai. Also, post your craigslist.

Get a mark 3 supra
Alberta fag here

Both wrong.

Attached: Pontiac Solstice.jpg (1024x768, 161K)

dailymotion.com/video/xlc09f

FD is at least 18K here. 180 is mentioned in the original post. Both of these cars would be great, especially the FD but it seems impossible to find one in tact for a non insane price, which is what I am asking about. Do you have any suggestions as to where this might be found?

>everywhere I look even a beat to trash 180sx is at least 5000 for an absolute wreck of a car.
I know what I got. Fucking time waster.

What the fuck are you doing wrong, not saying my lifestyle is for everyone but I'm 23 and I bought a newish FRS a few weeks ago.

I don't get to drive it a lot because I'm either working or at school but that one hour that I get to drive it during the day makes it all worth it.

>miata
>mr2 series
>lexus

Canadian here.
OP if you're looking at getting a "cheap and fun" car then I would recommend importing from Japan honestly. Most of the Americans here have cheaper local cars (like foxbodys, etc.) But where I'm from these are, like you said, not cheap at all. Fortunately you're from Canada and can import cars 15 years old (as opposed to 25 for Americans) so you can get a 2003 or older. Cars like Silvias and GT-Rs are generally still expensive, but if you go off the beaten path of typical imports (Foresters, non-turbo skylines, etc.) you can find cars for cheap. Hell, Japan basically gives them away. Look to spend between 5-10k for a good, low km example if you can handle RHD.
Various importers actually have Canadian stock that have most of what's needed to pass inspection/safety (DRLs, etc.) And are priced decently.
Expect to spend Minimum 5k, likely.

based boomer poster

>OP if you're looking at getting a "cheap and fun" car then I would recommend importing from Japan honestly.

did you read this thread at all?

Wow Veeky Forums I expected more from you
youtu.be/F_XbdTSnAkk
Here is your answer opie

Must've missed that post, my bad.