In the past, the liberals have championed equality, and conservatives have championed segregation

In the past, the liberals have championed equality, and conservatives have championed segregation.

The modern liberals are now championing segregation, and conservatives going for equality.

What the fuck is happening to the American public?

Whitie no like blackie and blackie no like whitie

It's that simple. Dress it up however you like all racial problems boil down to this.

What the fuck are you talking about? At no point has modern day liberal consensus advocated segregation. All the most recent culture war fights have been liberals arguing his or that group, gays/muslims etc, be allowed to go the same places and do the same things as everyone else. It's been conservatives who have wanted these groups to not be allowed to do the same things or go the same places. Marriage? The left fought for them to be able to marry just the same as the rest of us and straights lost no privileges in doing so. Conservatives fought for them to be kept apart. The list goes on.

>some students at a single university represent all "modern liberals"

History repeats itself, tragedy, farce bla bla bla.

Don't expect any consistency from political ideologues. Culture war is cancer, politics is cancer. You know that arrogant faggot who smugly gloated that he was above everything and didn't have an opinion? Yeah he was right and you should be like him.

Now keep this shit off my board phamme

It's the standard retarded thought process of "let's see how you like it" rather than actual avocation for a system of values. It's not unique to America either, you're always going to have this tribalistic attitude of "do wrong unto those you feel wronged by" and it becomes a back and fourth. The other day someone posted a video of some black supremacist calling out neanderthal DNA in whites and the video / comment section was so evocative of /pol/ except blacks it was unreal. An almost identical retarded rollercoaster only against whites. But anyway that's a digression.

It's that sort of "you did it and you shouldn't complain when it's done to you" conception which bothers me most about SJWs, they took liberal agendas and totally missed the underlying values, so they just become giant hypocrites wanting to do the exact same thing in reverse. They got the end product and started championing that without any understanding of how it came to be that way, so they start advocating for totally backwards, regressive policies that are essentially the ones their predecessors struggled to overcome, just reversed.

Some forms of segregation is based in the idea that you need to favor a certain group to bring them to a level point, IE affirmative action. I understand the premise but still disagree with it, what's the point of having values of equality if you arbitrarily sacrifice them every time you need to meet a goal? It lends no authority to those values, all it teaches you is "equality is great until it isn't then we throw it away and do the thing."

Remember how hippies hijacked the left in the 60s and 70s? It's happening again.

safe spaces for poc has been all the rage among black student unions across the country since at least late 2014

2 4 6 8
they don't want to integrate

You do know that many New Deal Democrats were segregationists right? It wasn't until the Civil Rights Movement that white Southerners became conservative.

This.
Especially in your early 20s you are very "vulnerable" to ideologies and religions.
Life is much better if you dont get crazy over these things all the time.

>modern american 'politics' is only about identity politics and discrimination, not economic policies of any kind
and don't even get me started on how terms like liberal and conservative are meaningless

Who /unideologic/ here?

This

weekly reminder that the Democrats are the party of the KKK.

This.

It's come to the point where these "liberals" have become authoritarian.

I wouldnt say that I am totally lacking ideology. I just try to not get too involved in the whole Circus.
I fear that ideology has a negative effect on my ability to differentiate.
It's nice to see that there are others out here who try to stay neutral, especially so shortly before the election in the US.
Keep it up fags.

I've still yet to see anyone mention a single serious left wing political party or politician call for anything that could be even halfway considered "segregation". It's all just /pol/tards complaining about the "degeneracy" of asking people to maybe not call minorities and women slurs.

The Left is a victim of its own success. They have be right for over a decade while the Right has been indefensibly wrong for the past decade. This has caused people to instinctively associate Left = correct and Right = wrong - no argument needed. So now that the Left is starting to have many bad ideas, people are automatically agreeing with them without questioning them and brushing off those that do as Far Righters, racists, xenophobes, sexists, bigots,

>They have be right for over a decade while the Right has been indefensibly wrong for the past decade.

This is a way too shortsighted view on history.
I'd say it's pretty even in terms of harm caused to humanity in the name of ideology.

Those in power allowed desegregation by making new laws to still keep people of color down. Some whites get affected though (it drug laws). Blacks and other groups see the cynicism in it, and just want out. Those benefiting from the system don't see that it's broken and just want to keep the new status quo