/dg/ - Destiny General

Destiny 2 is (still) live!

>>>NEWSCLANSLeviathan Raid GDOCPREVIOUS THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9pDuo4XgSk0?t=2m31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gunslinger is hot trash

Buy buff(s) from Cayde you mongoloids.

I hate that the guardian doesn't have a voice.
It was fine in the vanilla d1 story, why did it need to be removed?

What's the dungeon "meta"? Like, how do you know if a dungeon is optional, locked half-way through and/or part of a mission you're going to do later?

TITANS LEAD THE WAY

How good is this game if i have no friends to play it with?

God this PS4 exclusive armor is puke. Quit giving me this model.

I'm playing alone (as usual) and I like it. The game puts you near other players all the time and it has coop matchmaking so it's easy to surround you with strangers to be alone together with.

What does it look like?

Hey what are the benefits and callbacks from playing with an imported character?

Do I have to play D1 before playing D2/ should I play it?

>the city of PS4 crucible

Suros throwback is the new meta

elongating your guardians lightcock for 3 more years

I hate that the Ghost is my voice because I hate every word that comes out of that damn things speaker

I'm playing it alone and having a fucking blast

nani

There are none

Who and where is Cayde?

>hung like awesomeness

>Titanfags will never look as good as Shaxx

Is this worth 60 dollars just to play with one friend?

Blue reddit robot at the Farm after you get far enough in the story

Destiny 2 is AMAZING!

Also, PS4 fags join the second clan. Clans will be live for Friday morning.

>Level 7
>Hit the chest under the church like 10 times
>No gunslinger
what gives

Yes

Halo is balanced around Heroic, not Legendary. Everything feels perfectly balanced rather than stacked against you, so battles constantly flow forward rather than backwards when you are forced to keep retreating to survive.

Do pubric evant

Saladin calls you Young Wolf in the beginning if you did Rise of Iron, also the memory reel is the bigger part.

>retreating
For what purpose?

anyone wanna do the campaign or some patrolling?

>None on earth
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>reunite with Ghost after Ghaul fucks everything beyond repair
>his triangle things are bent and he just sounds......broken

G-Ghosto-kun.....

What is the benefit to keeping my Destiny 1 characters?

They don't keep any of the same shit I had before, and I wanna change their look.

Is there anything you get in-game that would be exclusive for original characters?

Because it happens when the player doesn't have a plasma pistol but some faggot gold elite has more shields than you have ammo.

where do you get the rewards from the rockstar energy stuff?

Nah, he calls you young wolf either way. Re-doing because wanted different exo look, and he just called me that. So nothing aside from the memory reel, which I took screenshots of the ones I wanted, so i'm good.

I want to lovecuddle Jon!

You get to boast about your creation date to the 12-year-olds and manchildren that will care.

Is the memory reel attached to characters or your account?

kek ty probably will go hunter this time since i never played one

Hey, PC newb here. With the p2p server stuff, wouldnt that mean you can have a group at a Lan and just connect among one another? like, nothing could go down if you are all just connected to the same router, right?

So looks like I'm deleting my old characters then

It's an account wide thing I'm pretty sure cause it's the same memory reel every time.

Is the game trash or?

>tfw the memory reel makes you realize you never beat Skolas.

I am unreasonably upset.

How many items per slot can you carry?

>Hey, PC newb here. With the p2p server stuff, wouldnt that mean you can have a group at a Lan and just connect among one another?
Doubt it, the game is 'always online', so your LAN will end up being everyone connected to the same network, to the Internet and back again.

Bungie can configure the game for offline play, like they do at events, but I don't know if they'd allow that function for regular folk.

>yfw you try and have a LAN party and still lag

Titan or Warlock?

>consume grenade to get devour
>get kills to earn grenade
>consume grenade to get devour
>didn't get enough kills?
>don't worry you can just melee some bumble fuck that doesn't know you're literally a god then throw a 3 pointer from the otherside of the map on his mates
>consume resultant grenade for devour
If there is ANY exotic that gives me an extra grenade or seriously ups my recharge time for them i basically win.

Warlock. Titan is a shit right now.

Oh shit, I'm so sorry...

>literally the instant I hit 7 get voidwalker from public event
>literally the instant I hit 15 get stormcaller from public event
hmm

So, should I spam public events for engrams and slow light creep until I finally reach 240/260?

Downloading the game now. Now I was a Titan in D1 what should I be in D2?

Even cayde doesn't like it

>Go from level 15 to 20 grinding to charge the relic
>Still only 82%
Why does this take so damn long?

Hunter

whats so good about devour
what does it actually give you?

>Nobody doing public events
dead game

To busy rushing story and adventures

I don't know about this. I already hate the ghost, the PVP announcer and all the story characters, so I doubt I would like my Guardian's voice. It's safer like this.

I preferred the Guardians voice over the stupid ghost by a long shot

Didn't get my first thing before I was like level 12.

Everyone bought it for PC.

Someone teach me how to Warlock jump. I played Titan and Hunter in D1 and Warlock feels so alien like it never does what I want it to do.

Heals for every kill then a few other upgrades make it so it charges super and grenades per kill then your super charges everything. You can also consume your grenade to get devour instead of meleeing.
>consume/melee
>kill shit and be literally immortal
>earn your super and possibly your nade back
>consume or melee depending on which you used or it doesn't matter you earned them back anyway
>continue rampage with zero consequences unless you seriously fuck up or hit a dry spell in which case you're back to being a mortal for a bit
It's kind of crazy and if there's something that'll shorten or eliminate that grace period its going to be one of the more broken builds.

>no more playful quips
youtu.be/9pDuo4XgSk0?t=2m31s

:(

>They literally made an ingame joke about how your character never speaks

>People rush content
>OH MY GOD THE GAME IS 4 HOURS LONG
Why? I don't get it it's not like it's going anywhere just play the damn game.

FUCK!
What in seven fucks were they thinking removing the guardians voice?

You can't even do it in 4 hours that's a fuckin meme. You have to go level up a couple times in the story which makes things take longer.

>I don't have time to explain what I don't have time to understand

Ah shit, completely forgot: now that D2 is out and D1 and expansions will get cheaper is there still a point to picking it up if we just want to play PVE in a group ? Or is the game too dead for even that ?

>buy this hoping to recapture the fun from a few years ago
>everyone I know is at work
>finished the solo campaign stuff at the beginning and got my power, and have been sitting quietly ever since while I wait for someone to get home and play with me

I like failsafe

Goddamn it Nolan North does a pretty good job sounding hurt and tired.

He either got good direction this time around or something, but damn its good

what warlock exotic do I get?

Eye of another world?

I'd pay with you.
But I need to wait 2 months for pc release

Really trying to figure out something.

If you're not playing the game, why are you bitching?

And another

If you don't like it, why did you pay for it and why are you currently playing?

Why would anyone want to play with a mouth breather like that?

Am i going to hate this game if i get to endgame without friends? Can you get good endgame gear through pvp? Is it better than Destiny 1?

hat is ok but i think everybody picks it so maybe try out the wings and report back?

Everyone bitching about it bought it.
Everyone bitching about it will still play it and have fun.

Chill, dude. People can bitch and have fun.

Right? Even if it was a few short lines, it's nice to have a voice to your character. D2's protags are even more silent than fucking Link.

>get offered ACD fence or two new exotics
>take ACD hoping they buffed it since the perk was changed
>at 3x charges the max it can have it does like 1/8th of a punch

Why

Why do this

Isn't that a dig at the line, or do you not like the fact that they're being referential

I don't get it either the fucking content scales with your level. People rushing it are just worried too much about trying to be raid ready.

What happened to Eva Levante?

Yeah, maybe by yourself. I wouldn't play with faggots that come here to shit on the game because it's guaranteed (You)'s.

The reason they don't go to /v/ is because no one there will argue otherwise because /v/ fucking hates videogames.

what free exotic gun should I take from Asher?

wow sentinel is fun

RISK
U
N
N
E
R

Please...

The nightfall is brutal jesus christ

Burst glide

Double tap to go fast, delay to go slower

WHY IS ACD STILL BAD

THEY KNEW IT WAS BAD AND THEY STILL DIDN'T FIX IT

I played the Destiny 2 beta and while it was pretty fun it didnt give me much of an idea of what the actual day to day content of this game is.

Is it just a bunch of "raids"? Like instanced levels?

>Get to Titan
>Suddenly I'm playing Resident Evil
>They even give me a grenade launcher
neat

Nolan North is an incredible actor dude

No there's plenty of open world shit to do this time around. There are still instanced strikes and a raid though.

no content whatsoever

>Explosive Pyre
>Vulcan's Rage