Curious about a new truck

>Curious about a new truck
>Go to Ford website
>"Build and Price" a base trim F-350 with 4x4 and Diesel
>Minimal options, just the "power" stuff (windows, mirrors, etc), tow package and locker
>FIFTY ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS

Whelp, looks like I'll be driving 90's trucks until I die.

I mean, I get it, trucks are a lot more durable than the average car, but damn. It's like they don't even want muh blue collar hard workin murrican to even be able to afford one of these things.

Attached: ford.png (1771x957, 848K)

Probably because you chose an F350 super duty with 4x4.

The cosmetic options aren't shit compared to that.

>power windows

Get a frontier

Evem the most base model chevy 1500 regular cab short bed rwd work truck is over 30,000.

Man I got shit to do I need a full size. My current half ton does most of what I need but struggles with some of the heavier loads. I'm technically still within my legal weight limit but 5k pounds of dirt+trailer is pushing it.

Might as well have twice the power and towing capacity with better empeegees for the same physical size truck.

Get an older truck and save millions

Have you ever had crank windows in a vehicle that wide? You don't just reach over, you have to fucking lay down across the seat to reach the passenger crank while buckled in.

You struggle with some of the heavier loads.

Then get a Titan

Just buy a 6.0 and bulletproof it you fag.

>Just buy an infamously unreliable engine, then spend loads of time and money making it what it should have been from the factory already.

This.

Just swap in a 5.9 Cummins.

>"Build and Price" a base trim F-350 with 4x4 and Diesel

Yeah don't do this, if you whine about the price pick something cheaper that does the job 95% as well

Get a Nissan, that's what blue-collar workers in my poor country do.

>diesel cummins 5.0 v8 tarbo
>4x4 and crew cab
45k dollaroos probably less because not muh domestic

>he can't reach the other side of his truck without moving
Lmao Manlets like you should be driving Minis and Fiats

And they're plagued with problems. The 5.0 is a meme

Ur face is a meme

I used to have an unairconditioned land barge that had that issue. Always wondered what I looked like to others at a stop light unbuckling, flopping onto the bench and twirling my arm like a spaz.

American utes are hideous.

Just stick with an early 2000s model pick up.

Americans dont understand utility, why would they get anything other then 6 ton towing capacity cardboard chassis 0 degree ramp angle 4 metre lifted pieces of overpriced cum.

Get a low mile 06 duramax. More reliable then any modern diesel.

>All the europoors and retards suggesting Nissans ITT
Jesus fuck

Attached: 1518756104141.png (512x512, 269K)

Go to your favorite German luxury brand and see what $50k gets you. Enjoy your 250hp 4 cylinder. That's still a decent price for something that big and versatile that can actually make you money as long as the cab stays attached.

51 grand for a brand new truck is fucking nothing. We pay $120K for a Land Cruiser here.

This is the working man's vehicle, not a silly little toy

An early 2000s 2500 diesel is fucking still $30k used with over 100k miles

If you're paying the MSRP for a vehicle, you should be euthanized.

the real question is what the hell was Ford thinking with this design? Who thought this looked good?

Attached: ford f150.jpg (500x278, 34K)

then dont get a fuckin diesel. You can still get a good 4x4 that uses gasoline.

i do

tbf everything looked like a retarded jellybean during that era.

This is the real working man's vehicle.

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-154201_01.jpg (1078x709, 149K)

I got a 6.4 powerstroke for 5k. It doesn't have 4x4 though because I don't need 4x4 to go across dirt roads.

Wh... what else did you put on it? My dad's Lariat is just about the same price even though his is a F-250 Supercab which is merely the same thing as shown.

Also, why a F-350?

Except a pickup does 98% of what it can and you can use the pickup as an everyday vehicle. So I'm supposed to keep that ugly piece of shit parked in my alley?

>American prefers form over function
Typical

>being this poor
Blue collar cucks and soy boy yuros (all of them) are pretty much the same lmao

>Europoors prefer dogshit ride quality and handling just so they can haul their cuckshed once in a while
>Still looks like shit

>durable

Attached: silverado-vs.f150-toolbox-600.jpg (600x600, 98K)

Looks better than those POS American utes.

>He calls a pickup a ute

Attached: 1518596234341.jpg (1280x720, 320K)

man Veeky Forums is a strange place
hate jellybean f150 yet love jellybean tundra
they looks the same

Attached: 231561651231.jpg (550x365, 172K)

lol Ford/GM fangirl meltdown

Veeky Forums is retarded for one thing

>mad I insulted your literal nipshit
>"Haha you like trucks that are unironically better btfo"

Attached: 1518743464530.gif (640x360, 389K)

>A utility vehicle is not a utility vehicle
Pick up is a stupid burger word. Seppos always have the worst colloquial terms.

my local Ferd dealer has 4X4 F350s starting at $45k and base F350s starting at $35k. dropping down to a F250 with a gas V8 and 4X4 will run you $36k.

manufacturer MSRP is never what you'll be paying at the dealer, its just a price point to start from. shop around and you'll find something more affordable, larger trucks dont depreciate as quickly as other cars due to the utility involved in a "working" vehicle but used trucks can be found in good shape too.

remember that a lot of higher trim trucks are bought new by old guys and people who wanted a "nice truck" but just used them to commute in traffic. higher trim trucks arnt bought as fleet vehicles or by Mexican landscapers, that happens much later in their lifecycle. you'll easily find a used low-millage model less than 5 years old with all the features you want in the mid-30s to low-40s.

im more of a GMC fan.

im going to miss those square wheel arches when they get rid of them.

Attached: gmc-life-sierra-1500-all-terrain-mh-lg.jpg (1268x423, 269K)

>retarded thirdwolders need to be reminded a vehicle has utility

Attached: 1518738260119.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>Americans need retardedly simple names so they don't get confused.

>Amerimutt trucks

>better than anything

Nissan trucks aren't made by slave Mexican laborers for starters.

Attached: a08065a151a28eaa966caf90acb6a816718a77e2294039efbdd4af09f5541c17.jpg (539x587, 264K)

im pissed i saw the all terrain x in person at truck show in 2016. Still have yet to get email or call about one, even when i go to dealer they tell me they have no word.

>Aussies need 3-letter words because they can't remember anything longer due to huffing gas with abbos
Yeah they're just built by retarded niggers in Mississippi instead

they are out, just rare as fuck. i sat behind a 2500HD version in traffic for a while, it looked nice but i prefer the 1500 version.

the biggest problem is that its an accessory package, not a trim level, so its very difficult to search for one on regular databases like Autotrader or GMCs own website. also the 2019 refresh probobly wont have anything like it for a while so you better ordering one at a dealer, the GMC website lists the All Terrain X package at 50% off most of the time so with other incentives you can easily get one for less than $50k.

welp taxes come back soon, time to actually spend money

i was able to find one at a dealer on Autotrader, its 200 miles away in another state but at least its there. just set up the search parameters for a newer SLT model then sort the carts by highest first, they are usually among the top.

well thanks for the tip man, hopefully i find one.

>buy $50k truck
>drive for a few years
>ship to austfailure
>sell for 100k kangarookoins

>Except a pickup does 98% of what it can
>8x4 is 98% of 12x7
I'd hate to see you as a carpenter with math like that.
>and you can use the pickup as an everyday vehicle
So you're admitting they're not working man's trucks?
>So I'm supposed to keep that ugly piece of shit parked in my alley?
Guess you're not a tradesperson afterall, however I'm not sure the opinion of a runway fashion model is really relevant to this thread.

>thirdworlder

Attached: _20180223_092900.jpg (1058x1352, 145K)

This is what they use at American universities to haul art student’s projects across campus.

It's not that bad looking, it just seems worse because early 90's box trucks are pure sex

What the fuck are towing that you need an f350?

Attached: 2019-ram-1500-rebel-silver-front-quarter-driving.jpg (1200x736, 123K)

>buy nissan with cummins
>throw away nissan and keep cummins

Yet average ‘blue collar’ American dicklet seems to be able to afford one just fine

Can you take your wife to dinner in it? No.
Does it look cool out on the Moab? No.

Those two are the most important metrics of a work truck.

unfortunately OP is an average larping blue collar american.

Seems like overkill. That thing has a payload rating of at least 2 tons. I would be surprised the art projects don't shatter by the time they get 60 feet up the road.

Remove 4x4 and diesel and you are now down into the $35,000 mark

The problem you are going to find with that Cummins is that it was a passenger vehicle engine first and a commercial engine second.

The 6BT had the advantage of being designed as being a commercial engine first and was fit into a passenger vehicle.

This. Very few people need more than an F150. Anything that requires a 250 or 350 tends to be commercial.

I always forget the 250 exists till I see it on the street

The only real difference between the commercial Cummins and the consumer Cummins is cylinder head material.
Cast iron heads are almost mandatory for commercial stationary motors like gensets, pumps and low speed mobile plant where engine temperatures can wildly fluctuate depending on applied duty cycle, and can often be running at WOT above 100°C depending on sustained load.
Aluminium heads are usually fitted to consumer vehicles for superior warm-up properties and better acoustics where the benefits of the cast iron heads aren't really relevant.
Otherwise they still get multivalve/direct injection, 6 bolt cylinder heads and forged rotating assembly. Perfect for any light vehicle or 4x4, probably not quite adequate for a 150kva genset.

>I unironically love this design because I owned an ‘02 Expedition

What is wrong with me

Attached: 2FDDF8F5-2A16-4D73-A68B-387FC47D4CE1.jpg (456x628, 35K)

And then having said that, the flagship Powerstroke and Duramax have alloy heads anyway.

You sure that thing isn’t for hauling the art students themselves?

Attached: A7E2D9F9-28E1-4780-8AEF-C1B291B48455.jpg (720x552, 69K)

i have the black supercab version
fuck you i like it

The kind of vehicle that appeals to art students would be more like OP

Attached: elitism-elite.jpg (192x262, 7K)

If you live in texas then all ferd trucks get massave discounts on msrp. Also a 250 will probably do just fine if a 150 wont...

XD

Those trucks, along with the Ram 3500 and GM 3500, are the beefiest trucks you can get that aren't commercial based trucks. But why a F-350, why not a F-250?

Are you sure you can't get away with a 3.5 ecoboost? I know alot of people that went down from f250s to the 3.5 with the max towing package and they don't regret it one bit.

I went to match your options with a F-250

Attached: Capture 1.png (1597x799, 720K)

The liveleak star

Out of curiosity, are you an industrial diesel tech or something? You seem quite knowledgeable about them.

Why are you looking for a F350?

>Buy trailer and still haul more shit comfortably than the garbage cabover design
>Can still put shit in the bed without the need to tie down the smallest item because lol no bedsides xD
>"I-its not a truck if you aren't hauling materials to the worksite 24/7"
Cry more in your 1L cuckbox nigger. You couldn't afford a truck even if you wanted one

Have driven one of the new titan's with the cummins. I was not very impressed, On paper it seems like it would be a nice performer but it was really doggy to drive for some reason.

I'll keep my 2012 ram 2500 w/6.7 over a titan...

Yeah, but at least he can make friends with the guys who roll over or otherwise wreck their vehicle by carrying the broken down Jeep away.

>et away with a 3.5 eco
If you have ever tried to tow with anything other than a lightweight utility trailer with an ecoboost you would never reccomend one for towing.

If you tow anyting even approaching over 2 tons combined weight they start to get single digit fuel economy and have to run flat out to even move....

Attached: 1519821897054.gif (317x211, 124K)

>no bedsides

They normally come with dropsides in the way that pickups normally come with stylesides.

>1L cuckbox

They normally have around 4.0l-5.0l engines in the 2 ton versions.

Friends? As in multiple Benjamins?

The Tundra is actually well made and won’t fall apart in less than 100k.

Now you know why Ford can offer bullshit like $10k purchase incentives... They just inflate the price by X amount and try to get suckers to buy it with like $2k off negotiation before incentives kick in during slow months.

>hate jellybean f150 yet love jellybean tundra
fuck tundras
All American All the Way
You want your Tundra?
Go suck on some rice soy beans and go bust nuts to your weird japshit animey stuff

They had some F-150s selling for $18,000 last year.

Sure they were V6 and 2wd but that is perfect for most truccing

unless your hauling shit from one side of burger to the other a 90s truck will probably do you better than a modern "truck" *cough oversized suv with a bed cough* will