WTF TOYOTA

WTF TOYOTA

You had one chance to make a decent competitor to other true compact crossovers like the Crosstrek and HR-V and this is what you make? What is this shit?!

Attached: 289865_2018_Toyota_C-HR.jpg (1920x1200, 496K)

Rav 4 competes with the Crosstrek and HR-V you fucking idiot.

this

the HR-V competes with the Juke what ever it's called in the US if it's even sold there

That's a midsize crossover you FOOL.

if it had a decent engine i'd like it

Why is everybody trying to be the Juke? It's like if the Aztek took off.

It was originally designed for a brand that no longer exists. That was meant to be the first CUV from Scion.
Then they made a decision to kill Scion and had this thing all finished in development. They aren't gonna waste billions in development like that! Rebadge it as a Toyota and hopefully any profits will offset the development costs

You know you fucked up when your cuv has less headroom than a Yaris.

>Scion
Now there's a project that went to shit real quick. I get trying to appeal to a youger audience, but you don't have to make a clown car to do it. The appeal of Toyota is to be simple and reliable. That's what their primary customer base wants.

It's kinda sorta paying off
The local Toyota dealer is selling a decent amount of them.
I dont understand why though, A Corolla iM/Auris or a Honda Civic hatchback accomplishes the same things while being both cheaper and more fuel efficient

Some hipsters are so desperate to be seen as different they'll buy something like this, that will probably in a couple years be remembered as the ugliest car ever made.

Its a corolla venza for european millennials

They do this but refused to rebadge the tC to Celica

is this thing FWD only? id rather get a Kia Nero if thats the case, it has a much more modern feel on the inside without being so horrendous on the outside.

Attached: fokep_15.jpg (640x482, 97K)

THAT pissed me off so much. I REALLY liked the second gen tC.

But why on earth would anyone ever buy this type of car? Either you need the utility or you dont, in which case get a normal fucking car.

Attached: Jimny Flatdeck.jpg (1200x630, 260K)

its not, but its only got a 1.2L engine.

>its only got a 1.2L engine.

sad, but the Kia isnt that much better at 1.6L

gas millage looks pretty good though, 52 city and 49 highway is twice what i get in my Optima, but id rather keep my 100hp+ advantage.

in Australia. In America, it has a 2.0L

thats passable.

Surely they could do a Third gen tC under a different name, provided they used one of the newer valvematic equipped engines.

US model gets a 2.0L 3ZR-FAE, which makes 144 HP, 139 ft-lbs
It's not fun to drive since it's an extreme undersquare (long stroke, small bore) engine. It can't rev for shit and makes all its power low down.

Why shouldn't they keep it under the Celica name if they were to do a hypothetical 3rd gen? If they revived the Supra name, they can do with the Celica name too

That's what he's saying.

I'm moving soon. This will Mark the third or fourth time I've moved since having my rav4. Instead of renting a truck, I can rent a trailer if needed, or just stuff the cabin to the brim and strap shit to the roof and make a couple trips. Can't do that with a car.

I can also do moderate path off-roading, can't do that with a car.

I can also do road trips with decent gas mileage. Can't do that with a truck.

I can also park it in normal sized parking spots/garages and it handles well. Can't do that with a truck.

Shut up.

You did see the Jimny right? There are options that arent faggit mobiles.

Imagine being this dumb. The Rav4 is in the same segment as the CRV and Forester.

Suzuki doesn't sell cars in the US anymore dumbass.

>starts over $22,000 USD
>only 31mpg highway
>2.0L 4 pot with 144hp and 139ft/lbs
>FWD, no AWD option
>3300lb curb weight

How did they manage to make this so bad?

You know you can just put a tow hitch on pretty much any sedan and rent one of those uhaul trailers for like $15 and do this without a suv? I rent these things and move with my accord coupe.

Attached: Enclosed5x8Large.png (300x188, 66K)

>sedan
Those are a dead meme now. The hatchback/wagon shape is superior when it comes to aerodynamics and interor space, and arguably looks. What's the point of having an ass on your car that serves little purpose? A "trunk," lol like you're driving a Ford model T with an actual trunk bolted onto the back. It looks dumb and I'm glad people are starting to realize it.

Also sedans look retarded with tow hitches on them.

>wtf tampax you had a chance to made compact tampones to compete with other brands and this s what you make

Who the fuck cares retard, the product is not for you

It's like a pregnant Veloster

Attached: 1485912654542.jpg (300x400, 17K)

>What's the point of having an ass on your car that serves little purpose?
>he doesn't have a proper trunk

Attached: taurus.jpg (1500x938, 934K)

It's just like the HR-V, which is a lifted civic
This is a lifted Corolla

a decent engine, was 20% flatter and didn't look like a klingon battlecruiser designed by jj abrams
so basically a completely different car

Oh you mean one of those super high up trunks that leaves you with shit rear visibility?

>This is a lifted Corolla

Looks like an extra chromosome got spliced into the mix too.

the Nissan Juke? yeah we have it

>he's never seen the ass of a panther platform sedan

I don't even know what you're talking about. Get out of here with your ugly ass-mobiles this is a hatch thread.

The ass of the hatch serves no purpose either, nor does the back seats. If you really want to get down to what's "needed" you'd just be driving a bike and not be driving an empty egg around.

A liftback is the best setup like an integra or celica. Optimal trunk storage, a crumple zone away from the rear passengers for getting rear ended by fucktards in unnecessarily large suvs, and plenty of rear glass to see out of.

Fuck off smoosh-backer

Excuse me, best hatchback coming through.

Attached: 8156D303-7CA0-41FD-9FFC-909A173062C8.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

In europistan it can come in """""""""awd"""""""" which is just a hybrid system in the rear. That cat is awful though. Rear door handle is way too high for a kid. You can't see shit, esp if you're sitting in the back. Have fun with a child puking its guts out because of sea sickness

Attached: 20170314_151643.jpg (2048x1152, 1.06M)

Why would anyone want a tC over an frs?

fucking disgusting revolting car looks like a stomped on cockroach. Imagine spending 3/4 your annual salary on this pos. I swear they deliberately design cheap cars for poor people and plebs to be this ugly on purpose as some sort of sick joke. Can't remember mercedes/bentley/ bmw etc releasing filth like this.

Im fairly certain humans are biologically programmed to be repulsed by such shapes

fucking nips and their insect fetishes

Attached: insectocar.jpg (1920x1200, 1.88M)

Based on the sale figures, a lot.

Monty Python sketch incoming

It's kind of the difference between a Ford Mustang and a Ford Probe, but with the sales figures reversed.

it looks like lifted civic.
disgusting.

>That weight
I thought my 140hp 2600lb civic was heavy but that's fucking unreal.

Doesn't look like you can see shit from the front either. How the hell did they think those blindspots we're fine.

Price. If Toyota rebrand TC as Corolla coupe and put it for slightly more than a Corolla it would probably still sell fine.

Torque, it's literally faster

HR-V is a lifted Fit... Is this board full of FAS kids?