/xbox/ - Xbox general #6

Cover art edition

This is a general for anything Xbox related, including games, consoles, and the play anywhere program. While allowed, Halo discussion is generally more common in /hg/.

>News

>New Xbox One UI
youtube.com/watch?v=q3MZioX6r5Y
>New Xbox Avatars
youtube.com/watch?v=oBfB7kuk1lA >September Games with Gold
news.xbox.com/2017/08/24/games-with-gold-september-2017/
>Xbox One X now available for pre-order
businessinsider.com/xbox-one-x-pre-order-2017-8

>Useful

>List of Xbox 360 games backward compatible & Xbox one X enhanced games
majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backwardcompatibility/
majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-x-enhanced/
>Vote
xbox.uservoice.com/
>Xbox One emulation
xb1emu.com/
>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/
>Upcoming xbox one games
www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/coming-soon/xboxone/date

The Xbox One club name is "XB1 general"

previous

stop letting the thread die ya stinky neets

not enough xbots on Veeky Forums

I hope they reprint OG Xbox games with the Xbone boxes

How is Mount and Blade on console? I already have it on Steam but it would be fun to grind achievements if this version is good.

pretty decent port.

this would confuse people.

Using Xbone boxes helps people know that the game will work on their console.

I love these reprints, but I've never seen one in the wild. Been trying to find Doom 3 BFG like that since it's not available digitally for some reason.

I'm just giving up and going back to /hg/. We clearly don't have the numbers to sustain ourselves.
But it was a fun ride while it lasted.

/xbox/ only dies when murrica is sleeping, it was pretty active most of the day yesterday

What does /xbox/ think of my battlestation?

It's funny to see how folks on /v/ are butthurt about Cuphead.

What are they butt hurt about

I might actually get it myself in that case, I also enjoy decent ports, like Vermintide and Paladongs
Btw Sea of Thieves runs its Alpha today, I'll try to leak some more pics.

Pics are risky. You know they are watermarked in few places, right?

Too much shills about this game that's why

I'm aware, see that smudge? Thats where I shooped out my GT.

It's usually in few places from my experience.

dbfz beta when?

I've been posting these for weeks, pretty sure I'm okay.

>still don't have the beta sign up in the insider hub

its mad gay tbqhwyf

do u bring ladies there

:(

Why is this allowed?!

>gears blanket
he's clearly a barafag

?

It literally died in the middle of the day

FAST!
What OG Xbox games do you want to see reprinted?

Def Jam: Fight for NY and Spongebob Squarepants Battle For Bikini Bottom

The Guy Game

he only brings his bros

to suck on their dicks no homo

>~1k players still play bf3 on xbox
How much do we expect that number to rise come the 16th? Will I need an online pass? Will the DLC be free at any point like BF4 and Hardline were many months ago?

I doubt you would need the online pass for a digital game. That was just to counter used sales. I have the game and the dlc isn't free yet, not even with EA access. Don't know if that will change on the 16th or not.

Jet set radio future
Brute force
Kotor 1-2
Blinx
Ninja gaiden
Mech assault
Phantom crash

a cent difference!

Congrats to the user who finally received their SoT invite. If you want to play later it's a 24 hour session.

Bumping with some new SoT pics, as usual pardon the potato quality, took these with my phone.
We start with some great looking water

I love these sunsets

They keep adding stuff like this every update, I like the weapon cabinet on the right.
Also note the Chest of 1000 Grogs, carrying it makes you maximum drunk as long as you hold it but it's worth crazy gold.

I like this shot in particular, the ship is max comfy when you're docked just off shore.

Im still waiting for my invite. Damn it rare what does it take to get in.

One of us is in, I checked the game hub under 'friends who play' and someone in the club was there, it doesn't show up on the marketplace otherwise like most Insider shit
Another sunset. I believe this island is called Plunder Valley, it has a surprise I'll share in a minute

more great water, this is from a cliff on Plunder Valley.
Some of these islands have cannons on them, they're quite handy for blasting enemy crews that come up on your ship while you're hunting for treasure on land.

A Legendary Treasure Chest. The better chests do look and feel damn satisfying (resounding THUNK when you strike the earth, coins jostle inside when you jump, extra shiny in good light)

I'm not in your club.

It was me! Played for an hour. Shit was fun.
It got me into thinking about games as a service. It may not be as bad as people paint it. I agree with M$ that SP games are not profitable.

I still want my SP games. It's just gotta be interesting and can't be too cinematic. As well as challenging and rewarding the players for its challenge.

Though I won't be surprise that ms wants more coop single player games with coop in it. Take ashen that's looks like dark souls with better coop in it. Fable did it to but it was kinda of cluster fuck. The only game that dud it well was castle crasher.

Pardon the glare, wanted to get a decent pic of the night sky.
Someone from Xbox General on my friends list has played before according to the game hub
Want to play later with a relative veteran? I'm sitting on 240k+ gold. And yeah it really is about the overall experience when yoy play SoT. Sitting on your deck scanning the horizon for ships while chatting with your crew searching the island for chests, fighting the wind as you hurriedly try to flee an oncoming ship trying to plunder and sink you, ambushing enemy ships by jumping off an island cliff while your crew puts holes in their hull. The few anons who play this game will definitely be sharing some greentext stories later on.

And the promised surprise
>find waterfall
>THERE'S A FUCKING CAVE BEHIND IT

So do you think that SOT will be a surprise hit? I just hope reviewers won't tear it apart.

>last thread died in the afternoon
rip /xbox/

Shenmue II, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, basically all the SEGA games.

If they can implement some of the things they're planning well, yes.
>single player ships, likely close to pic related
>trading (they added shops so I have some theories, for example buy a barrel/chest(s) of spices/alcohol at X outpost, it sells at Y outpost for double. You have to carry like a chest and it has chest physics)
>worthwhile ship upgrades, devs have claimed you'll be able see upgraded ships from a mile away
>notoriety/honor system to encourage sinking or avoiding certain ships, also would help encourage trade (ships with merchant goods will likely be attacked so honor would come from protecting them)
>bounty system to help encourage taking out sink-and-plunder crews

I should also mention the devs have plans for special events like they did for E3 and Gamescom (former was an island-hopping venture, latter was some legit 'find the notPoneglyphs and their coordinates create a circle on the map with a sunken ship in the center of the circle')
I theorize they're also going to set up something like pic related for a week on a certain outpost, creating a neutral zone where you can play games and such

>3 weeks still no code

Thanks for offer. I haven't played for a while (just bought headset). I doubt you'd want me in your crew as a veteran + I don't play that often. But I'll try to contact you when I'll have some time for SoT.

Here's my greentext from today
> spawn in team of two
> manage to fluently operate the ship because the other guy knew what he was doing and ordered me
> I'm better with the map & navigation than sailing
> Find isle. Two treasures, one legendary.
> Die to two skellies. Rare buffed them, I didn't expected that. Had no ammo.
> Respawn on our ship close to fucking Outpost. Some fucker tried to steal the loot. Managed to kill him when he was swimming. Bring it.
> Had to return to island due to two loots left (we both died in the end)
> Get fwo more players. Have an epic battle in the storm. Shit was so cash.
> Had to finish.
If Rare will not fuck up Store, Ship and Character customization and add PvE naval combat... they will hit gold mine.

There should be tiny shanty towns/islands were you can just bro it up with the other pirates.

I wish they showed more of state of decay 2 gameplay.

me too,Im hyped af for SoD2 hopefully the co-op will be good, and they make the world a bit bigger

that would be awesome,one of the cool things about console gens "dying" is that are games are not restricted to a last gen console and there's no more last gen games really just game libraries that go from one console to the next(as long as publishers allow it)

Bump