Why dont Americans like small actually useful cars?

Why dont Americans like small actually useful cars?

Attached: 1200px-1990_Daihatsu_Feroza_1.6_EL-II_(F300).jpg (1199x753, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wk6KJXeOM0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because larger cars are more usefull.

Perhaps American useful is different then the useful the rest of the world uses.

Attached: cruiser-new-lights-and-bar-work-2.jpg (1300x867, 180K)

We like them, the government just regulated them out of existence. Emmisions and safety standards are significantly relaxed for larger vehicles.

>Why dont Americans

Attached: tsuruyasleepy.png (338x421, 136K)

Because everyone has to be better than everyone else.

And the easiest way to do that is with what you buy.

>rest of the world uses.
who gives a shit about the rest of the irrelevant world and what they use.

Say that to my face you irrelevant cunt oh yeah you can't so shut up

top jej euros triggered so easily

>one fucking kangaroo is STILL GOING
>he is still getting replies

damn thats a sick yota

because,they're morbidly obese and buy food per ton at costco

user have you seen how big americans are?

Daihatsu Rockies are pretty goat, shame they haven't been made for 20odd years. Not sure how similar the Ferozas are but

fuck off to redd*t you name fuckwit

but you're right.

That looks big, useful and cool. And big.

>rest of the world
>WA
Why are non-Americans so retarded

Attached: 1520405601621.png (550x543, 18K)

They do.
Just when they were being sold the culture in America was vastly different.
Today if you go anywhere in a Samurai you'll get tons of people complimenting you and asking you about it.

Why the fuck can't I buy this in the US?
I know of the chicken tax but they could make it here

You're not free™ enough for 79 series land cruisers.

I can think of one reason.

Attached: enola-gay-marc-stewart.jpg (900x591, 61K)

>Western Australia
>America

Attached: Picture 3.png (210x256, 77K)

Because americans are genuinely fucking retarded

Honestly? Because the difference in material and fuel costs between a full-size model (like an F-150) and a compact (like a Ranger) are negligible enough in the US to mostly ignore. Unlike a lot of other countries, the advantages of larger vehicles are more readily exploited: room and comfort for long hours of driving, or towing and cargo capacity for large families and toys. Finally, most parts of the US outside of major cities have abundant parking with wide roads, so the size of the vehicle outside of cities rarely becomes an issue of cost or accessibility.

Pretty much this. Things are inexpensive in the u.s. and outside major cities space is abundant.

Also the cost in developing and approving a small SUV or truck just isn't profitable for the u.s. market compared to the profit margins if a full size truck or truck based suv.

The only thing a small SUV or small truck offers over a full sized is the ability to get around in a city and fuel coats. Nobody in a city buys trucks at all, and gasoline is 2.30 a gallon.

We do

Why do you think the Honda CR-V is the top selling car here?

Attached: 8F0477BB-9ADD-482D-949D-CA897F5C75A1.jpg (800x533, 413K)

We do...

Our government doesn't...

Why aren't kei cars and small European cars allowed here besides the smart for two? Why is america so dumb about car regulations? Why do politicians hate cars so much?

But a huge truck has long wheel base, not ideal off-road, and it wont even fit in a tight forest trail if you do need to take it to a real-life situation offroad

It's market forces that made it so they aren't profitable to bring over. That's it.

Chicken tax is only for commercial vehicles

We used to have the daihatsu move and suzuki wagon R in europe but they are waay smaller less safe and arent more economical or cheaper than non kei cars

Tight forest trails aren’t the only sort of off-roading one might do. Look at OP’s pic, it ain’t exactly forest nor is it tight. A big vehicle isn’t at an disadvantage and it has the upside of being able to store more gear, hold a bigger engine, fit more people, etc.

Here in the US we have a lot of off-road terrain and lots of space. Most of our forest trails are old logging roads designed for 18 wheeler traffic, we have lots of rock to crawl, lots of hilly trails, desert, beach, etc. Larger vehicles aren’t held back much on any of that and sometime a longer wheelbase is desirable. Yeah they cost more but we Americans are pretty wealthy so we don’t mind.

Me, I have a 4Runner as a DD and a built YJ for when I get into really tough terrain. So if I want to go rock crawling I take the smaller YJ because it can flex a lot more, turns bigger tires, and I don’t much care if it rolls over a few times.

When I want to go up into the mountains with some friends I take the 4Runner so we can all pile in and have room for our gear and still be comfortable. We Americans are geardos so I even have a roof trunk to hold all the snowboards and bikes and DSLRs and drones and tripods and lighting and batteries and chargers and laptops and gopros and food and beer. We make YouTube videos of all the cool shot we do and the fun off-roading. Most views are from assmad euros mad about how they don’t have anywhere to do this kind of shit even if they could afford it and their government would allow them to do anything that dangerous like use a knife to cut open a bag of trail mix in public let alone ski off a cliff. I guess paving over everything was a bad idea?

Anyway they get me Adsense money I use to buy more gear to make them even madder so they give me even more views. It’s like a cycle fueled by euromadness and I’m at the top stuffing money into my pockets.

I think I’ll buy a Suburban next.

>Honda CR-V is the top selling car here?
Nah it's the eff Juan fiddy

Camry if you don't count trucks

>all F-Trucks are F150s
You gotta look past Ford's marketing tripe.

My first car was a Neon and I'm 6'3". Never driving a small car again.

Attached: 51972274.jpg (1024x768, 156K)

That all sounds like sport, not usefulness.
Usefull, for the discussion of an SUV or truck, is haul or tow a heavy amount if stuff. Carry a useful amount of stuff. Go most places off road.

Why would you get that if you didn't fit? 6'4" here, my first car was a used full size pick up. Loved it, have driven pick ups since.

>neon
>small car

Hand-me-down from my sister when I turned 16.

I have a friend who is 6’5” probably 400 pounds. He drives a Corolla and it looks like they built the car around him.

One time he tried to get into a CRX but cardio failed and had to call Uber XL.

Post pic of sister.

Attached: ts.jpg (1276x1920, 591K)

any nudes of your sis?

No, gross.

Dark eyeliner bottle blond tay is by far best tay

I'd love to add a 3 cylinder diesel tinycar to my garage alongside the fuel-guzzling firebird and grand cherokee, but there are none available over here.

>3 cylinder diesel

My dad owns one of pic related. Don't, just don't. Easily the most gutless engine I ever drove on par with the Astra 1.3 diesel my driving school had a few years ago.

Attached: 890262889_1_644x461_vendo-ou-troco-seat-ibiza-14-tdi-80cv-2003-vila-nova-de-gaia.jpg (644x362, 40K)

But I'm American and I want that, blame Mercedes

I have driven most European 3 cylinder diesels and I fully agree with Even the new ones are shit.

Why do Europeans prefer large cars?

Attached: renault-koleos-hzg-galerie-media-001_w635_h424_rac.jpg (635x424, 43K)

>gutless

I have a v8 firebird, I don't want a 3cyl diesel for the power, guys... 60 hp would be fine

Good post

Attached: 8FBF677A-52B7-47AE-AF5F-BCE2F587AF50.jpg (484x645, 53K)

You mean like the one’s we’ve been making since WWII?

Attached: 23147EF2-9FC0-4F94-8F1A-9CA7E1206277.jpg (933x700, 172K)

>we've

FIX
IT
AGAIN
TONY

People here are smart enough to not pay $120k for a 110hp Toyota.

>willies
You need to choke on a willie you dumbfuck.

>$120k

Attached: mfw okkid.jpg (431x450, 68K)

YOUNG
OR
UNEDUCATED

lol triggered the madfag

>HE SPELLED IT WRONG
>FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK RRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: triggered3.jpg (198x338, 34K)

Small=not useful. Can't go to Costco, Home Depot, ikea, the beach, camping or anywhere fun with a small car

Daihatsu got bought over by Toyota
And nobody heard anything since

seventy thousand fucking dollars

truck version is 80k essentially

Attached: Capturetoyyy.png (631x462, 59K)

Will past a lifetime though
And go anywhere out of the packet

>spanish engineering

Attached: 1507667697464.jpg (592x492, 63K)

I remember on one episode of aussie gold hunters that one cunt got stuck in a wash. Had to dig it out, it didn't seem better any than 2 or 3 jeeps, which is what you could buy otherwise.

>Can't go to Costco

be me
work at costco gas station
see hundreds of small cars every day

Attached: uwotm8.png (318x400, 99K)

The American hatred of wagons honestly triggers me. I just want a cheap to run, reliable car that hauls more than an economy sedan, literally the most useless body style.

Well you can get a Golf wagon for like $20k. That's about it for cheap wagons.

u can buy one, whats the problem?

There's basically no choice in the market. Like the guy above you said, the Golf is pretty much the only low priced wagon right now, and VW is a meme. I'm thinking I'm just going to give up and get a Fit.

Renault has wagons

>USA

>dosnt notice America's huge influx in crossovers

If budget is your issue, moving to the EU wont solve it. You'll just have more meme VW wanna be's.

>Doesn't notice the EU's

I don't know why I expect anyone around here to actually have a clue of whats going on outside of their basement.

Attached: yup.png (390x624, 201K)

Let me put it to you this way: next to my house there's this intersection where if I turn right it's a slight uphill. All my cars do it easily in second or third gear (including a 1.4 80hp petrol Corsa). That 3 cylinder Ibiza needs to do it in fucking first gear. I'm dead serious, all the possible fuel economy is thrown out the window because you need to downshift and have the turbo spooling all the time, everytime anyone drives it we're hard pushed to stay below 6L/100km, which is mental for an engine this small

nigger it's literally a VW with an (arguably) better looking shell. At least for the mk1 Leon burgers here seem to prefer it over the Golf 4

Attached: seat_leon_074(2).jpg (1024x768, 77K)

Problem with the Jeep is there's no utility. The Landcruiser is just as capable as a Rubicon, but with utility.
youtube.com/watch?v=wk6KJXeOM0k

because we have to share the roads with people who chimp out, why do you think americans drive soo many trucks?

Not the first time I've heard this. I'm told people in the US drive like absolute cunts, so the more intimidating a vehicle looks, the better

Yes, millions of people need to, and have, an off-road trailer to pull.

>implying Detroit wasn't the greatest benefactors
>implying Mercedes weren't just useful idiots to shift the blame on
>implying Washington would've been this easy to lobby otherwise

Its pathetic you get "intimidated" by a fucking pickup.

Way to completely miss the point.

Define "utility"- what the fuck does that even mean besides your personal opinion. Pulling a trailer offroad? Is that the gold standard? Do you think a rubicon cant do that?

jl wranglers aren't small and aren't useful
and with the price out the door breaking $30k bone stock with no AC, you can have something that does the same job better for 1/4th as much

carrying a utilitarian payload in harsh conditions.
>Do you think a rubicon cant do that?
Correct. Also the fact the Rubicon has a relatively light weight drivetrain and lacks a frugal diesel option (apart from the Fiat engines in lesser models lol)

Why are you even masturbating over a vehicle you cant even afford? You start the thread jerking off over tiny shitboxes that cant tow, then you shift the narrative to towing prowess of your favorite pigfat 4x4. It's really reaching and strains any shred of your credibility. I;m super happy you like your $80k toyota, it better tow twice as a jeep for over twice the price.

Neon is not a small car. I'm 191cm and I drive a Peugeot 206. I'm comfortabke in it, size wise.

Sorry for not buying furniture on daily bases.

You're either bullshiting, taller than you say, or fat as fuck. I'm 6'3, I've owned a Neon and currently have a 7th gen Civic and both are perfectly fine. The only car I've driven that I felt was way too small was a Kia Rio.

>implying I didn't just sell an HZJ75 pickup
>implying I started the thread
>implying you're not noticeably upset
I'll happily concede the Wranglers make excellent point to point forest crawlers and their 4 point f/r suspension setup helps immensely in this, along with an incredibly low range and reasonably stout drivetrain for its coarse, but they're a good point to point vehicle at the cost of payload, functionality and fuel range... unless your idea of an offroad adventure is a day trip for a picnic. But remember, you were the one suggesting a Rubicon was a viable alternative to a J70 Landcruiser.
I'll also concede Wranglers are more suited to coastal drives with Stacy and the girls

And let me put it to you this way. I put a modified 6.0 in a car that weighs less then 3500 lbs. I can idle up a hill in overdrive at less then a thousand rpm, not looking for a 3cyl speed demon, that would be stupid. Shits flat in the midwest, I ride my bicycle a mile to the Kroger sometimes on a nice day, it's fine. All these problems you're assuming I'll have don't exist, man.

Yes, the Leon looks better than the Jetta/Bora
t. burger

you forgot: 'and Americans are fat as fuck'

>what is kinetic energy

>YEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
>WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
>LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no thanks

>I'm 191cm and I drive a Peugeot 206. I'm comfortabke in it

Maybe the Neon interior is just too stuffed with shit. I rubbed the plastic on the side of the radio smooth because my knee was constantly jammed against it.