/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

3 vs. 4 Edition

Last thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Flight has won the Flight vs. Invisibility Splatfest!
- The Forge Splattershot Pro, the first weapon with the Bubble Blower Special, has been released!
- Update to v1.3.0 will be on Friday, September 8th! Content yet to be revealed.

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> List of possible main abilities for gear (contains unreleased gear)
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

> Latest updates on what the Splatnet store is selling
- twitter.com/splatnetstore

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL
> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> View Nintendo Switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

> Preview loadouts in Splatoon 2
- loadout.ink/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KOcmEMychY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How would you react if you see someone on your team turn into a poof of smoke? How would you react if you see someone on the other team turn into a poof of smoke?

kakoi

>kill someone so hard they poof away

When did you realize Annie would never sell that one piece of gear with the main ability you want?

Woomy!

why does octobrush do everything regular inkbrush does but better
better range
better width
better damage
better special

only advantage inkbrush has is speed of movement and ink usage

>How would you react if you see someone on your team turn into a poof of smoke?
Despair.
>How would you react if you see someone on the other team turn into a poof of smoke?
Frustration.

Either way after the match is over I block them. I don't care about skill level, but I'd like to play matches that aren't decided by someone's shitty internet fucking over everyone else in the process. 3v4s are unfun, and 4v3s aren't much better.

When Painters Mask still hasn't come out with a good ability. All I want is Tenacity, Ink abilities or Run Speed

She has plenty of times, but I still need this puppy with a decent ability.

youtube.com/watch?v=7KOcmEMychY

NEVER EVER

Rotation soon anyone want to league?

Ok but where's my nintendo series themed gear? They already took the black pipe tee from me!

Useless abiities on all of them plus not all that fresh

3RD WORLDERS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ONLINE PLAY

AT THIS RANGE, THOSE 4 HITS SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM
BUT LAG ALLOWED HIM TO SURVIVE

Not gonna lie, if he wasnt lagging he probably would have killed me first, but man i still landed 4 hits total. even if my aim was complete garbo there

>3RD WORLDERS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ONLINE PLAY
The last Switch update was specifically designed to allow third worlders to play online.

I miss the japs.

>not wanting 4v3 and easy win
It's only balancing things out when your team is always guaranteed at least 1 shitter

only now I notice those aren't wristbands she's wearing, but the sleeves form the Annaki Drive Tee.
cute squid anyways

I've started matching them in League.

>all that swim speed

In my day we had to work hard for our pure gear through tears and suffering*cough*

>all that swim speed up

>round starts
>3 d/c on enemy team
>Spend the entire match fucking around with the last guy
>match finishes with 0 kills from everyone

Glad my teammates weren't dicks about it.

No we didn't. We just spent days upon days doing nothing but rolling until we had 0 money, then reloading our save file to try again. Editing gear was the best thing to ever happen, though.

>switch already hacked
>yfw gear editing will be added in splat2 soon
>yfw hacking in online play will be added in splat2 soon

Which isn't fun when my team has a disconnect and a shitter, which might as well be two disconnects and then I might as well throw the match too because it's unwinnable at that point. I'm tired of disconnects and Nintendo's slap on the wrist method of handling them, which isn't working. If I have to maintain a blocklist just to have consistently stable matches, then so be it.

>teammates weren't dicks about it.
>uses sarcastic pom pom link emote whenever somebody dies

That's why the cough was at the end, silly. It was still torture though.
I'll be honest and admit I edited my gear at the end of splatoon 1's life. I regret fucking nothing after all that save scumming and useless spyke orders.

>overtime, we are almost in the lead
>while climbing the last halfpipe, RM carrier jukes to the side for absolutely no reason and dies
>We lost the Rainmaker!
>bar breaks 1 win from ranking up
>mfw
I'm literally never going to make it to S+, fuck that was so discouraging.

>tfw no way to savescum in 2
>tfw S is too hard to get now
>tfw wont be able to get S+99 again

>Eddy
I was just playing with Michael Phelps yebby earlier. The connection seemed alright, but its hard to tell what was lag and what was godlike speed.

I can understand scumming for gear but scumming for rank will always be lazy as heck.

>>tfw S is too hard to get now

Should we tell him?

I've been there before. It literally took me 5 levels and multiple ups and downs to finally break through to S+ in Splat Zones. Weird since Rainmaker was my worst mode in the original Splatoon.

>can't get into at least S
Did you suffer heavy tissue damage in your forearms or something?

every time he killed me was laggy as hell except that one time when he jumped off of the rail and swung while i was busy trying to pop the rainmaker carrier.

Rainmaker is my best mode, but it took me around around 5 times to go from A to S, but then getting to S+ was ez.
Rainmaker is the hardest to carry your team in

>12x swim speed
Is super jumping even viable at that point

>heck

Request finished.

How can they make it more viable? I'm sure most of the players instantly scrub / reroll any gear with a sub of cold blooded.

>Weird since Rainmaker was my worst mode in the original Splatoon.

But rainmaker was easily the easiest and best mode. I almost completely avoided zones and blaster control could be fun at times.

This symbol means everything to me!

HOLY SHIT GIVE ME YOUR DEVIANTART
Draw Avicii as inkling pls

Make the Missile lock on indicator either fade much faster than normal, or work as a reverse version of Special Power Up where you have to be looking at the Cold Blooded user more directly in order to get a lock.

I read that as "fresh as a hickie".

Do NOT let your woomies touch their tentacles with other woomy's tentacles.

Make it so it's harder to track you on Tentamissile tracking, ie the circle has to be more centered onto you to lock on. Also make it so you disappear from the minimap entirely for enemies, and maybe with enough AP mute enemy voice commands around you for distant enemies to hear.

You will get into the higher ranks easier, even if it takes awhile. There are plenty of people who get to S/S+ by being carried, myself included.

Does that kill the woomy? Good thing I always have them tied up.

make you untrackable on the enemy map
make autobombs tracking radius and time shorter against someone who has it
must aim longer with the tenta missiles to get a lock on

Those would be good changes, but Nintendo had to make it stackable so we can't get any fun or useful binary effects. I think that is the biggest issue with new Cold Blooded. We can't actually make it useful.

>hardest
>easiest
It's my worst mode simply because it's the mode with the least squidbagging opportunities.

Who was the Jannetty?

>Avicii
Shit taste desu

Red pill me on the flingza roller

Can't blame me. Now give dA link.
is that way ya ding-dong diddly pinhead

its shit

it has big range but half of the range does like 40 damage
and the vertical flick is too slow

I already have a Chilly Coat with Special Charge Up, should I swap it for the one on SplatNet with Ink Saver (Sub)?

What was the flingza's gimmick supposed to be anyways? I know the gootuber at least has the longer charge, but what benefit does flingza have over a regular roller? Flinging?

How long did it take you to get used to motion controls, and do you prefer a higher or lower sensitivity? I'm planning try getting used to them in the single player story so I don't bring a team down.

Fast normal flick, almost as fast as Carbon, with almost the same damage as a regular roller. Jump flick is as long as the Dynamo, covers as much turf as the Dynamo, and has all the damage of a Carbon and will get you killed. Rolling speed is regular rolling speed. It's one of the worst rollers, and rollers weren't very good to begin with.

It, like all rollers, is worse than a standard shooter.

Vertical flick has a crazy long range.

Yes.

That shit is a waste of time. I love rainmaker because it's the only mode out of the three where run speed up and swim speed up actually matters the most. Also ink res occasionally

>grab the rainmaker on underpass, dome, or triggerfish
>occasionally made a one way trip to the goal due to all that speed stacking.

Pure bliss

What's good about Luna?
Sure oneshot is good but the range and firerate are meh at best. considering tickrate it's about as good as a Clash. Special is better though.
But why? What am I missing?

It's a regular roller except with the jump flick of a dynamo roller.

I've been using them since the first game so I don't know. You should be playing on low sensitivity to avoid jitters, and using the stick in combination with motion to make big movements. With low sensitivity and using both stick and motion, you can still instantly turn around, but you'll also have steady aim. Start with motion -3 and stick -1.

Yes, and get that white king tank with ink resist too to replace the shitty ability of the existing one

I can do handheld where the joycons are attached to the Switch just fine, but tabletop or docked makes it way too precise to control, even on the same sensitivity settings. I feel like I need the weight of the Switch to steady my aim, like the Wii U's gamepad did.

>Reduces the Sound and Vibration that the enemy feels when their shots land on you (if it's stacked by 30 points, the enemy won't longer tell if they are hitting you or not, since the sound effect will be completely muted).
>Tracking Bombs stop chasing you by a shorter distance.
>Tenta Missiles user has limited time to lock the Cold Blood users, the more the stacks, the fewer the seconds.
>Reduces the time you are shown on the enemy map after stepping on their ink.
>Reduces Thermal Ink duration (Also on Stingray's)

It's a crutch weapon, not using it as a meme as this general always does. It's a weapon that's incredibly easy to use, but really isn't all that useful overall.

During the test fire...in the first game. Hightest sensitivity. It's honestly not hard to adjust to them if one puts forth an effort.

>>grab the rainmaker on underpass, dome, or triggerfish
Are you still stuck in the past?

Not much. Had much practice with a Steam Controller. Inability to change vertical axis with joystick was bad though.
And I will never understand why special is mapped to (R) and not just L

How do you feel about Amiibo

They have cool clothing that I'd want, but the availability/price on most of them are questionable at best.

If you're using Dude as an example, he plays on motion 0. That's not very high.

They're fine. I want an Off the Hook amiibo set and an Octoling amiibo, don't care what they do ingame.

The conversation was based on the original splatoon. Are you stuck in the future?

I wish you could reroll main abilities on amiibo gear and cuttlegear considering they can't be bought.

I have the original 3. I don't have any use for them anymore aside from the schoolgirl's hairclip which I use on a bunch of different builds.

I bought the Squid Sisters amiibo a year ago and kept them in the box, took them out for Splatoon 2 and it turns out Marie is broken and doesn't scan. Fuck you Marie, I always knew Callie was better.

I found the orange Inkling Girl at Target yesterday on clearance for just under $4. imo under $10 is what they should all be

I thought Run Speed Up and Swim Speed Up doesn't work when you have the Rainmaker. At the very least, the Rainmaker definitely slows you down.

It's fun and can kill with 2 indirect hits. More fun if hitting people in places where you couldn't hit with more straight-shooting weapons. Also it's a crutch for my shit aim.

Tried it and it felt awful.
I get the tri-bucket: great range, great damage, great coverage, ink efficient, great kit and can do that bucket arc shots over the walls.
But this thing. It's pretty hard to one-shot people at this range (considering the tickrate) and rate of fire is not so good to rely on 2-shot kill.

>under $10 is what they should all be
I mean, only if you want them to look like utter shit.

Yes. The rainmaker is affected by run and swim speed up.

>stuck in the future
stuck in... the present, you mean?

>Past vs Future Splatfest still hasn't ended

This post is now in the past

Hit detection is client-side. If you're not landing shots, it's your fault.

But they already do? The Zelda ones in particular are shitty. The Splatoon ones are better because they have big cartoony features but there's still a seam across this inkling's head for no reason.

>he didn't make a one way trip to the goal in less than 5 seconds
Casual

Coverage. Sort of a support player.
Can roll and spam flings like a regular roller, jump-fling has a good range and coverage (not the damage though so you can stumble people at best) and a wall to build not no let those filthy plebs to harass your team.
The implementation turn out to be meh at best.
Model is top-tier though.

Also I think there must have been some last minute changes because the Inkling Boy model you summon is wearing the squidfin hook cans but the amiibo itself isn't.

My mistake then. I must have got it in my head that Specials like Bubbler/Ink Armor not affecting Rainmaker holder = abilities not affecting Rainmaker holder.

Not the position of the enemy.

The amiibo is obviously wearing fake contacts

If the shots hit the enemy on your screen, they get hit on their screen no matter what.

Is this what you want them to look like? Most amiibo are quite lovely for the price, you probably just don't shop figurines so you lack a reference.