I haven't been on Veeky Forums in a while...

I haven't been on Veeky Forums in a while. Just a few months ago I would see at least 2-4 KIA Stinger threads and a bunch of shilling , I almost bought into it. Now that the dust has settled what does Veeky Forums think of it?

Attached: 2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-front-three-quarter.jpg (660x438, 72K)

At the moment, I have no problem recommending them, but I won't recommend them to enthusiasts until I see how the aftermarket takes to it. There's potential there, but the aftermarket has to embrace it.

Veeky Forums only has opinions on cars as they get released and once theyve been on the 2nd hand market

Is it typical Kia build quality?
I see footage from one review of it getting posted here a lot of the steering wheel and center column being really flimsy, but has that been a common thing?

Nothing. Hype got down pretty quick. No one really remembers it anymore. Just like any KIA.

Who is the target audience? There are better cars in the price range, I would never consider it,

This, but I do the the Stinger is going to be a great used car considering Kia's cars plummet in value.

Target audience are morons who are sick and tired of brm/benz/audi trio and don't want italian car. They think this is gonna be nowadays the same thing with different design and for a bit less money. They will find out they've made a mistake soon after.

Yeah I rarely see anyone post about it anymore. I see people shilling Lexus Lc500 more this time around

>They will find out they've made a mistake soon after.
Yeah, they'll find out it costs a lot less to own.
Basically what the Japs were doing in the 90s, think Toyota Aristo

me

Apparently it's an issue on all models because it's simply not built sturdy enough or with tight enough tolerances

Only ever seen 2 and it happened on the same day. One was driven by cig smoking white trash. Other was a young male. The blue color is nice, the rear end is nice (esp with Kia badge replaced with Stinger), the front half is piss ugly dealbreaker for me

It would be cool if it wasnt so fucking expensive. The GT version is 38k

This. Hopefully it goes down in value.

My local dealer has a red GT, fully loaded, for 32k.

Reminder the Stinker is slower than a Focus

Attached: IMG_5756.jpg (1989x1076, 198K)

No manual = trash

Reminder that it's just a luxury cruiser/ Grant Tourer just pretending to be a sports car. It doesn't have to be a track king as that's not the point.

Attached: 1492280966163.gif (400x291, 1.73M)

I've only just recently started seeing them. Predominantly driven by upwardly mobile White trash + Blacks and new money Mexicans and Koreans, meaning the types who typically by Infinit Q50s, Chargers, Genesis, IS250s and 3 series.

Kia made a grave mistake pricing them at $32,000 base.

Most people who shop the $30,000+ range here can afford to go to $40,000 and as such will allow them to get into a nice Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes or BMW, or an upper middle trim pickup or muscle car.

Had Kia priced this under $30,000 they would have sold in droves. But they're simply not nice enough to warrant a that price tag.

Honda made a similar mistake when pricing the new 2.0t Accord. I suspect in a month or two there will be articles wondering why the new Accord isn't selling in line with predictions.

Attached: cooper.jpg (748x498, 31K)

Any chance they had of a Genesis 2.0 but actually selling well was dashed when they made it auto only. They fucked themselves from the start.

It's a odd car, base GTs make sense as you get 98% of the ride, power, and driving dynamics of the S5, 440i, or C43 without the amazing interior or proper fit and finish at about 15,000 less. The top trim levels make no fucking sense as you might as well spend the extra 2-3k and get one of those listed above. The car will shine when we start seeing CPO and leases flood the market. Assuming the performance RWD sedan tax doesn't hit it as hard as other cars in the segment.