EcoBoost Appreciation Thread

Thanks based Ford for BTFOing GM on 2 fewer cylinders and half the displacement

Attached: IMG_20180322_082030_6798.jpg (1883x1360, 585K)

It's only a matter of time before GM starts copying EcoBoost technology for their cars. Ford really changed the game by inventing EcoBoost.

Obvious b8

I used to be critical of the 3.5 Ecoboost but I recently drove a eco f150. Yea my 5.0 F150 will be traded within the next couple months here. The eco has so much power down low its insanely fun to drive. Feels like a diesel, but without the maintenance costs and insane repair prices.

Wow you were able to tell they were trolls huh you must be a real pro 4channer

>ecoboost technology

You mean an engine with a fucking turbo?

Don't be silly. Turbos have been around for decades and even Chevy already uses them on their cars. We don't know exactly what EcoBoost technology is. We may never really understand it. But I promise you every major automotive manufacturer in the world right now is desperately reverse engineering Ford engines right now, trying to uncover their secrets.

The 1.6L Ecoboost engine in the Fiesta ST is an excellent engine. Ford really nailed it when it came to designing a fun engine for the best hot hatch of the decade

>Best hot hatch of the decade
>Isn't even hot
Call me when it can do the quarter mile in under 14 seconds. Thing's barely as fast as a BRZ.

>1/4 mile times
>in a hot hatch

You stupid cunt. A hot hatch isn't about drag racing and muh 1/4 mile times. The fuck is wrong with you?

>manufacturer in the world right now is desperately reverse engineering Ford engines right now, trying to uncover their secrets
>it just runs hotter.

Attached: 6248259.jpg (854x479, 52K)

Ford had literally the most genius idea ever

>Make an engine actually faster and stronger than any pushrod mierda
>Has the name eco in it to ward off environmentalist nuts

Attached: 62627270.jpg (470x470, 31K)

"A V6 is just an eco V8"

This. whoever came up with that name at the marketing department must have gotten the biggest fucking raise in history

"just slap a few turbos on it, they'll never even know!"

It's not a "hot hatch" if it's slow and boring. Then it's just a hatch.

Not sure if troll or not but the 3.5 F150s really are pretty fun to drive

The problem is the gay ass logo they designed for it

Not trolling, my 5.0 feels like a slug compared to the eco.

Really enjoying my 1.6 it sounds incredible for such a tiny engine

Do people honestly think that's the same thing as the road going version?

Attached: 3.5L Block with Holes 013 SMALL (1).jpg (2000x1328, 1.72M)

meanwhile in reality

Attached: 26863202_1808882969182851_2396276333064749056_n.jpg (720x833, 79K)