SNK's new online shop is open:
snk-onlineshop.com/

KoF Destiny animated series out now on Steam and SNK's youtube:
store.steampowered.com/app/642890/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_DESTINY/

Geese in Tekken 7 Trailer:
youtu.be/6MK2TKFFtQA

SSVS coming to PS4/Vita!
youtu.be/clmCdIwMoHo

KOF XIV Special Anniversary Edition for PS4 is now available!

KoF XIV Arcade version is Out!

KOFXIV now out on Steam!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XIV_STEAM_EDITION/

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtu.be/0XXSaic7SdM

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobage Kimi wa Hero is out (JP only):
snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/

Latest tournament footage:
youtu.be/87MQrwRi3Cs
youtu.be/mOb1tNCN_X8
youtu.be/dNl_ypNMh5k
youtu.be/dBDcZgcNCzU
youtu.be/-_MVbscJXv8
youtu.be/RT4hkGwe7j4
youtu.be/cmA18dnqNx
youtu.be/v1JH568QpR0
youtu.be/HwD3v53neA4
youtu.be/gLNqxvNQxQQ
youtu.be/v=WFaLZMTwIjk
youtu.be/xFFq3r0ln10
youtu.be/BV-bjwj5gik
youtu.be/i4zqA4OI5do

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Links for the Steam Artbook
>PDF drive.google.com/open?id=0B2546QRNPRPxb1VyemE5N25kb00
>jpg mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/904926641054408704)
twitter.com/beartrap1982/status/905268904511057920
twitter.com/Wario64/status/905476389029023744
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/905298574723952642
buyfags.moe/Special_services
youtube.com/watch?v=o-c4C7liudo
twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/905632651985338369
youtube.com/watch?v=wxGrutKorf0
youtu.be/upYmGKUb32s
youtube.com/watch?v=u14jJUiZVn0
sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/8228/
youtube.com/watch?v=_NwdPdYk-WU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/KaiCH3_/status/905890961275924480
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg35JliF1CM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good job with the OP.

On a different note, remember the event (link related: twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/904926641054408704) whose website is hosted under SNKChina's domain and has over $230K in prizes and has KoF singles & doubles, KoF 97, KoFD ans well as one of the 3D SS tournments in addition to a few non SNK games? Apparently SFV will not be part of the event anymore.
twitter.com/beartrap1982/status/905268904511057920

Also More news: SNK Steam Sale. Games are up to 75% off with XIV at 34% off.
twitter.com/Wario64/status/905476389029023744

Wouldn't this Make the deluxe edition on steam a bit cheaer than the anniversary edition?

>Apparently SFV will not be part of the event anymore
Does China not care enough about that game?

I wouldn't know what to say for sure. The people who brought this up seem to follow SFV too, so I'm sure that people there follow it, at least more than people in the US follow KoF. I think this is backed up by past events in which other games take place as well SFV usually has twice as much prize money than for example KoF or Tekken. Also while evo was going on I tried to look for chink streams on douyu and panda TV, to see if they were watching, but I couldn't find any (maybe evo is iffy about restreams?), but on panda TV the SFV tournament was advertized hard. It basically got a whole page rather than just an ad. Although I don't know if Panda TV is chinese or Taiwanese.

Maybe SFV getting pulled from this event had to do with some sort of CapCup conflict or something? Just a guess. Either way if the event wasn't SNK dominated before, it is more so now since 5/8 tournaments there will be of SNK games.

One last thing. KoF collaboration wih Mabinogi Heroes
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/905298574723952642

It seems there is a SNK sale on Steam now, i'm new to KoF, bought 13 before, are 98 and 02 worth it? Or should i just play the arcade versions, also i'm waiting for KoF 14 + dlc to go below $30 to buy it

>that Kyo
98 and 02 UM are pretty good, I'm not sure how easy it is to get a match though.

Don't know if you're still here as these threads are pretty slow. It would really depend what you want 98 and 02 for. If your main aim is to play with others online I'm not sure to how well the steam versions of 98UM or 2002UM would be for you. If playing online is your #1 priority as much as I don't like to say it I'd say play them on fightcade.

If your main priority is to get to know the games and get a grip on how to play them and seeing as the sale is on 98UM and 2002UM are less than $5 each on steam, I'd say the steam versions are well worth the price. Not to mention that those versions feature more characters and certain features that aren't available on the vanilla versions and the added bonus of throwing some change SNK's way. Either way if you want to get into XIV down the line those games have mechanics that are the foundation for a good amount of the stuff in XIV.

As for XIV plus all DLC going below $30 I don't know if that will happen anytime soon. As of now with the sale the XIV is 34% off which makes it cheaper (by $10) than the anniversary edition that was recently released on PS4 which includes all DLC. The deluxe edition on steam includes what the anniversary edition has plus the soundtrack and the artbook. Right now that version on steam is $49.99. (when the game and all DLC released on ps4 at the original price it totaled upwards of $90). As of now XIV is the cheapest it's been to my knowledge on PC. If it's still too much that's fair enough, one pays what they think is fair for the stuff they buy. I just don't know when it'll drop below $30 or how long you're willing to wait.

*the XIV deluxe edition is 34% off

thanks dudes, my main goal is to get to know the series, understand how the mechanics work so i can build a decent enough foundation for XIV, apparently judging by the little i played getting great combos required a lot of execution in XIII, also i live in south america and fighcade doesn't work and everything is expensive as hell so i rather wait for XIV to drop a bit more.

I see. That is fair enough. I've heard horrors about pricing when it comes to some games or consoles down there. Since you mentioned you lived in South America XIV might be a different price over there. All the prices I mentioned are burger prices and when XIV released it released with different prices in different regions. For example When XIV released it had a 20% discount on top of the different region pricing and because of that in places like Mexico it was around the equivalent of $30 and in India the equivalent of $15. Chances are the prices may be different, possibly lower, in your region. If not $5 for 98UM and 2002UM is still a sweet deal. As for XIII yes, it is a bit of an outlier when it comes to KoF.

Uh, I thought we were done for good. I'm glad I was wrong

This may be useful for those wanting to buy items from SNK's store.
buyfags.moe/Special_services

Stop dying, nerds.

Even if a brand new SS or other SNK game were to be released tomorrow the thread would be back to the usual M.O. within a day or two. Some talking about games, a couple talking about mobile stuff, some bumping the thread by attack names or telling the thread to not die, and over all dying in general or pic dumping of which KoF girl one would like to pork.

Microsoft@SQ1 event top 4
youtube.com/watch?v=o-c4C7liudo

Sometimes it's sad that SNK games are niche over in Burgerland.
>all those IPs hardly anyone cares about

I'm not even mad that they, their parent company and the partners they work with keep stuff like the event mentioned in the first reply in the thread China only or that they and Japan get some of their mobile stuff earlier.

Me either, it makes sense to get stuff out where your fanbase is biggest. Honestly, I'm amazed we got the KOF98 mobile game at all.

They even get KoFD episodes early. Speaking of which, there will be a new episode later today, right?

why they did this to Iori?

Kokoron plush when?

where's the chad/virgin kyo/iori

I've been looking for it for ages

Yeah, it should be uploaded in two hours or so

I've dabbled in KoF before but up until now I've mainly played SF. I'm tired of Capcom squeezing me for every last dollar and SFV is the last straw.

XIV seems like a good entry point to jump ship and really try and learn KoF. Honestly, I don't know enough to tell. Which is the best KoF and how does XIV compare? Is XIV considered good by the community?

XIV is a decent entry point, it's a pretty solid entry in the series. As for which KoF is the best, you're going to get various answers but overall 98 and 2002 are well regarded. XIV takes elements from both those games.

A little something for the Rockfags. Apparently early designs had him with Terry's cap, but it didn't feel quite right. According to Kuroki Terry's hat is best suited for Terry.
twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/905632651985338369

There's no real consensus on which one is the best KOF but XIV, 98 and 02 are the three top contenders for that title. So yeah, XIV is a fantastic entry point for the series and a great game on its own right.

Just after the KOD one

New episode is out.
youtube.com/watch?v=wxGrutKorf0

That was great.

Yes, it was good over all.
>Saisyu being pussy whipped by mama Kusanagi
>Geese jamming out to classical music
Fucking kek. Next episode looks like it's going to be good. Normally I'm more forgiving of the faces, but it seems that among the Women's team the only one they seemed to put some amount of effort in was Mai. Well at least Mai wasn't as bad in this episode as she is in current KoF stuff, I'd say she was rather nice what with Yuri and her offering their share of the cash for Jan's medical expenses. Although I don't think King was always this money hungry. For some reason the music they used at around 12:15 kinda reminded me of that Unteralterbach VN.

Fug, I'd buy one of those too.

W-why did they make King a jew?

A girl has needs user

Normally they seem to be sticking to the characters' traits pretty well, but this is the one thing I didn't like about their characterization of the characters so far.

Hype

Now I want to see an early design of him.

Dunno. Ask the Koreans that made Mabinogi Heroes.

How's XIII? That one seems like it stuck for a while.

>tfw South Town would be in danger of a hurricane right now

Is a good fighting game but not a really good KOF. See, XIII (and XII) introduced different mechanics that turned it closer to anime fighters like ArcSys' than classic KOF. That is why the game stuck for a while.

After being nuked from space, they're ready for this

Why Terry never uses the Senpuuken in the games? It wasn't supposed to be a really powerful tecnique? It was only useful against Geese because he didn't knew about it?

Not gonna lie. Ash is what got me into KoF and eventually SNK games

Sleep tight, /neog/.

Is there a pattern of released characters for 98 OL?

whose next after Goenitz?

what's up with this guy, i'm playing 13 rn and don't know what that is, it's very confusing at least benimaru only looks flamboyant.

what

SNK's take on the androgynous protagonist archetype. And somehow he still manages to have a girl in love with him.

OVA exclusive

Stop being Meiten Kun thread

Would you rather make this thread Kukri?

My campus has formed it's first proper fgc and I'm hauling my PS4 and TV to teach people KOF. What's a good way to get people interested in KOF? I know Smash Bros players find it easier to get into than Street Fighter because it's more mobile but what can I do to make it appealing?

>Show off some basic combos
>Pick waifu teams
>Use motherfucking King of Dinosaurs
>Fire up some Party mode

Gah

That Chang looks like he's gonna rape people.

His model looks significantly better, is pretty unsettling.

youtu.be/upYmGKUb32s
youtube.com/watch?v=u14jJUiZVn0
Thank you Dai (-艶ict-).

Perhaps you should play 2003 and XI to know what he is.

The units on MSA keep getting weirder and weirder

Cell Shading mod

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/8228/

It actually looks pretty cool

OH SHIT THIS IS GOOD

Damn, i just bought 98 and 02 as you adviced me and 98 has amazing gameplay, loving the mechanics, chaining jumping attacks with standing and then specials is seemless, also music is mindblowing

Am I alone in saying that Choi is my favorite KoF character?

He sure was ugly before XII

Glad you're enjoying it.

I know right?

And here's another mod in action

youtube.com/watch?v=_NwdPdYk-WU&feature=youtu.be

>Geese jamming out to classical music
This was strange to me because his favorite music was never listed as classic, that was Rugal's, but I thought it was funny anyway.

Also what were they "actually" talking about /neog/? I'd like to believe it's about how they're using their connections to get their own line of Repuuken branded sodas and snacks.

I think their agreement is, Gesse gets into the country the chemicals Rugal needs and Rugal in turn gets Geese some sweet Orochi power.

Best episode.

I had one weird bug happen. I was fighting someone online in endless, we both had Rock on 1st position, I had original color.
I lose, we both hit rematch, and our hair color got reversed... I had black hair, he got blonde hair...

Wut?
twitter.com/KaiCH3_/status/905890961275924480

>tfw AoF casts are some of the most money hungry protagonists in snk lore.
No wonder that King and Takuma worked with the mob at one point. :3

What the fuck did this guy smoke?

I knew this person would be brain damaged the moment I read their profile.

Ash is great and iconic in his own right, much better than Shun'ei.

He looked great in XI

When Mrs. Kusanagi was entering the room to get Saishu, for a moment I thought that might be Vice... oh well...

The odd thing is that Yuri's been depicted as the greedier one in the past - at least in SvC MotM when pitted against BB Hood, now to mention the shrewdness in several KoF backstories... King was always the more reasonable one of the trio, with her concerns for her brother and having a business to run generally absorbing any money issues... it's like they acknowledged Jan for a moment only to forget him right after...

Goddammit Joe!

He's basically trolling the characters and the players and the same time, messing with everyone's expectations.

Benimaru's more about trying to look good, whether aesthetically for the girls, or skill/results-wise in tournaments, that's a relatively simpler attitude.

Pick characters with interesting/funny animations, like Xanadu and Meitenkun if you're using XIV?

show the basic combo system (normal>command>special) and super/advanced/climax cancels
then combine the two for showing you can get flashy while staying accessible.

Ralf pls no

Sounds like valid claims against the Destiny animation.
I'd like to see footage of him playing it if he thinks it's casual.

Wasn't the whole "I need money for Jan" part of her backstory back on '94?

>I don't like the game so it means no one else liked it
>muh XIII grapix
>Still complaining about the auto combo thing even if only literally new players use it
>"pro player aren't interested in it"
Jesus what did I just read?

How is the ladder treating you all?

And AoF2 and KoF96 IIRC.

Ladder?

A new hero.
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg35JliF1CM

So, just the hair color reversed?