/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 5] ntrboot_flasher now supports magnethax from at least 9 cards. github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita

[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/d3m3vilurr/vita-savemgr
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where's the SR cia

where the leaks

HOLY SHIT

calling bullshit until source is posted

How can I test if a DC burn was successful?
My DC hasn't been delivered yet.

Someone can just post the pre install cia so we're ready for release if it doesn't get leaked but no one is

You can't, and you've been asking this 5 days in a row so kindly fuck off.

fine.

you can't deliver the whole US capital btw

But he really needs to know if his copy was good enough, he burned the first.

youre lazy

please don't burn the US capital. we just re-built it...

When will someone figure out a way to go online with 2.3.0?? I just want to play my shitty port in something higher than 240p.

Tell that to the other guy. I ain't burning DC.

Update to 3.0.2 :-)

But why would you do that?

puerto rico user are you still alive

vitashell usb storage mode shows the sony card instead of the vita2sd card, how fix? i tried setting usb to game cart but it asks me to insert one

It's an SD card. Just put it into your PC.

S.anus returns leak when

Somebody, anybody, please just fucking end my suffering.

I'm trying to fucking update Blazblue Central Fiction to play the new balance patch and the new character.
I have the patch for both retail and PSN.
I've updated to latest REBUG.
I've tried installing and uninstalling, fixes and patches to the fixes and then some more fixes. Nothing works, both versions of the game hang on startup with black screen, other people have reported it to be playable.

A fix, a confirmation, fucking anything. Please help.

Wallethacc

???

J o b e x p l o i t

Is there a way to extract .cia from a catridge in your 3DS using FBI or something? I'm trying to rip Fire Emblem IF .cia since it's not on the freeshop or google and I need the .cia to run the translation patch. There's extract SMDH on FBI, I don't know if that extracts anything that can be converted to .cia.

>t-minus 5 hours
I'm about to crash but I suspect that /hbg/ will be moving 100mph when I wake up.

Use 3DSISO

GodMode9

>I'm trying to rip Fire Emblem IF .cia since it's not on the freeshop
But that's wrong. I got my version of Fates (and all the DLC) off of the Freeshop, same with both of my friends.

>play cold steel 2
>almost 4 hours later and audio shits itself
>close game to start again
>pick related happens even after restart
Im fucking furious

12 hours you mean.
Plus don't be excited. Native resolution PSP games is literally the best he can do.

>Fates
user's talking about IF, aka the Nip version.

I only see the European and NA versions, I need the JP version to put the patch on.

I wonder why the Xbox 360 user base tended to bend over backwards so damn easily to Microsoft's Paywall method of Online play? Whats the appeal?

Ah, I thought he just doing the whole "calling a PS1 a 'PSX'" kinda thing.

>not believing in ps2 emulation
ye of little faith

That would be awesome but I doubt it'd be practical. At least, by one guy.

Either use GodMode9 like said to dumor use Luma's game patching to patch the fan translation files to the cartridge version on the fly.

I paid for Xbox Live for years. Of course, I also hacked my 360's DVD drive to run burned games to play new games on release. It was a great time to pirate.

I owned a ps3 and 360 through the majority of last gen. the ps3's online was total ass. it was complete shit, and nearly unplayable at times.

the $5 a month was nothing for an enjoyable online. it sucks that we now have to pay to use our internet, but it's worth it if the service is reliable and latency free.

Submitted too soon; Meant to say:
Either use GodMode9 like said to dump the game to cia or use Luma's game patching to patch the fan translation files to the cartridge version on the fly.

Nigga how would that not be sweet?
Fl0w is a faggot though, it's probably some useless shit

why is it so hard to find an EUR version of the latest dr. kawashima brain training? i even checked on 3dsiso and didn't find sh*t

That's my point, 544p PSP games is the best case scenario.
It won't happen though and we'll get a new Vitashell skin instead.

H O L Y S H I T

I installed this: github.com/d3m3vilurr/vita-savemgr

and followed the steps to try and dump my save file, but it didn't detect one and now when I try to launch the game it says "Cannot find inject data". Can anyone help me out here?

I tried the "emergency instructions" but the issue persists. Tried reboot the Vita, no change.

Good luck porting half of PPSSPP to Vita.
Or just use the hidden PSP VRAM and increase the framebuffer size, but that will run like shit and fail to reach native res

HOLY SHIT IT'S OUT CHECK RFI.IT

oh I didn't know Luma could do that, will it work with IFPathcer.exe? Do I just drop it in the SD folder and Luma will run it?

Is there a way I can change the default Health + Settings HB app to FBI instead of the Homebrew Launcher? For some reason whenever I go to launch anything, my 3DS freezes.

If you wanted to access Japanese eshop how would you do that on hacked NA 3DS?

A better question is why would you need to?

I check and it not there ;(((((

For DLC, I can't find FE:IF DLC on freeshop and revelations is supposed to be free download on special edition cart anyway.

rfi.it/3ds/MEGA-Metroid_Samus_Returns-(EUR)-(Region-Free)-(-CIA-3DS)

No, you need to add the patched files to luma/titles/[if's title ID]/romfs and the patched code.bin if there is one (haven't used the if fan tl so I wouldn't know) to luma/titles/[if's title ID]/

>EUR

Nah Im good

sir the link is not working maybe you typed it wrong can you edit and fix thank

Yeah link don't work ;((((

HOLY SHIT it's legit. Gets stuck at the 3DS logo though.

Should I?

I know joking is all fun but FUCK I WANT LEAKS

im guessing no one has dumped the costume dlc for miracle girls festival?

>European
>US Rom
Sure.

I actually want to see what random file that really is

Memetroid

It says I need to update bootstrap9 to update Luma, I haven't messed with this stuff in a while though outside of the press A to update stuff Luma's was doing, how do I update bootstrap? Can I do it without taking out SD card?

3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

read the b9s guide on the op.

I think I have it I just need to update it

Since we're waiting anyway...

It's a bunch of zeroes.

Hecking liars

If someone posts the Metroid Samus Returns .cia I will blow off my date tonight.

thanks. now nobody's gonna post it

Do you think Samus Returns will meet your expectations ? I'm being optimistic but seeing the new features Nintendo added...

I'm only worried about the c-stick controlls.

I just want to finish my unlocker for the amiibo locked content, i don't even care about the game at this point.

Where do I get setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9 from?

user...

got the only spot that matters

ah, alright, I ignored it I guess

I'm sure it will be decent, but totally not worth $40

Why you hate eur version games?

Played it at PAX, it felt super good, so it's already exceeded my expectations

Literally no reason to even look at us releases. Eur masterrace.

Why do you guys think Samus Returns will be leaking tonight?

my friend is gonna leak it for me tonight

Because it already did?

yeah so, bootstrap9 is just godmode9? I have this already, I just need to update it, I downloaded all the things, how do I update it?

I don't want it to ask me if I speak french in the beggining

3DS is not a GBA user.

oh, so that's how it works nowadays

Hecking liars man

What I mean is Nintendo handhelds since the first DS have system settings where you can choose your language, GBA didn't have that and thus games were asking to choose a language on every boot.

like this I guess? does the .firm file install from godmode9?

Did you forget to put the safeb9sinstaller firm in your payloads folder? Cause it seems to me that you only have godmode9 in there and that's why luma launched that when you held down start.