Weight reduction

Thinking of ways to reduce the weight of my s14 after I install the new engine and gearbox, kind of want to make it a rocket. Any tips?
Pic related

Attached: AC15E4EA-8F8D-474A-96F5-6930AA91ADB0.jpg (800x300, 63K)

Weight reduction is a meme.
Any 90's car is already minimalist.
You can get aloominum this and throw out that, but all you'll make is a car you don't want to drive anymore.

Just take out everything you don't need. Done.

>remove AC compressor
>remove mechanical power steering and replace with electric
>remove spare tyre and tools
>replace stock seats with a single hard, uncomfortable light racing seat for driver only
>rip up carpet and sound dampener
>remove unnecessary interior ie headlining Airbags ect
>remove dash and replace with folded checker plate aluminium
>go on a diet
>never fill tank above 1/3rd

This.
Also lose some weight you fat bastard.

This
a S-chassis car is light enough as is
If you remove stuff like carpets, sound deadening, interior panels, and the audio system, it becomes an extremely uncomfortable car to drive in

OP here this is good but yeah the car is already pretty minimalistic

Yeah I’m already hesitant to remove the back seats because of the sound deadening they do

If you really want to work on weight reduction do it on rotating mass.
Get a one piece aluminum drive shaft made locally.
That'll wake the car up.
You can switch out to lighter wheels and tires, but if you go larger on the wheels your ride quality will suffer greatly.
Hell one of my cars came with aluminum lug nuts for muh weight. I know people go with titanium lugs. You can get lighter brake discs, maybe two piece discs with an aluminum hat. A lighter flywheel will really make the car seem perky.
You can delete things you don't use too, but I think most people make mistakes when they do that.
Things like ABS, Aircon, Powersteering, spare tire, tool kits etc etc.
but really stripped interiors isn't worth it. Adding power or freeing up power is a better solution to a more enjoyable car than lightening it.
The lighter the car the better, but it's a balance between comfort and weight.
I'd go with some fiberglass/aluminum body panels before fucking with the interior.
Hell you can just get a more aggressive dif gear set and make the car feel like a screamer if you don't do a lot of huge highway pulls.

This, I would even look into gears for the rear end, would wake the car up in terms of acceleration

Carbon fiber Hood
Carbon fiber Driveshaft
Aftermarket suspension tends to weigh less
Lighter Wheels
Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid

>aluminum drive shaft
Is that really a good idea? I've heard of carbon drive shafts, but wouldn't aluminum be too weak for something that's supposed to take so much stress?

>>go on a diet
This is the single most important. Fatasses should be forbidden anywhere near sports cars.

I've never heard of a carbon fiber drive shaft. But I'm not a racing goy.
If you have u-joints on both ends any driveshaft shop can make you an aluminum drive shaft and delete any carrier bearings in your driveline.
I don't know the power limits, but it's a popular mod on diesel ram trucks putting out 300hp and 600lbft of torque.

If they can handle 600 ft/lbs, you've convinced me.

>Yeah I’m already hesitant to remove the back seats because of the sound deadening they do
Remove the wheels too.

RX-8 owner here, my car has a carbon fiber driveshaft from the factory. They don't seem to be too common, but are definitely a thing.

Stage 3

why not just manual steering?
aluminium driveshafts are a thing

Attached: 3and5alum w text.jpg (619x311, 28K)

Weight reduction isn't worth it, just add more power.

light weight does more than just straight line speed/acceleration

Did you recently buy this in florida?
if so i am going to find where you live piss your seat and hide your keys