/mcg/ - Minecraft General

best reactors edition

We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft memes, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server memes and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more memes!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it, you fucking shits.

>==[Links]====[News of the Thread]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/industrial-peripheral
youtube.com/watch?v=OJQyTnD74gk
youtube.com/watch?v=t-BgOlJ8N4U&user=direwolf20
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ/edit#gid=0
youtu.be/GzJGWAfmBco
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6wxhzy/why_vanilla_is_the_best_expert_mode_pack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Botania

benis :DDD

Can you pass your program or a tutorial on how to setup ComputerCraft for IC2

any villages on TNFC serb willing to take filthy refugees from official TNFC server?
I can do some early game grind and help with OpenComputers later

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/industrial-peripheral
it's not mine, it's by the maker of this mod
which you'll need to do it

thoughts on infernal mobs?

retarded meme tier mod which pretends to be a legitimate rpgshit one

Botania is great and also fun. Nature makes for fun aesthetics.
Shame I don't see it on many servers.

I feel that Botania lacks the comfyness on nature magic that Witchery has.

youtube.com/watch?v=OJQyTnD74gk

Oceanserb has a mod called SignPicture, you can use an image URL to make the images. Even works with Gifs.

why didn't you link the fucking previous bread

Because it is not really about nature and Vazkii is a hack

>floating blocks of water
3/10, should have used stairs

there's really only one group of us playing, but we're welcome for new people.

now that's what I call shitposting

I mostly like the mechanics, it's nice to build cool looking bases with mana beams moving around them, and it ties in pretty well with other mods. Whats wrong with Vazkii? I hear people shit on him quite a bit but haven't heard why.

Yeah, I was getting used to the saw mod and stairs were too wide to use. Looking at it now I should have placed slabs vertically.

It seems like we're mostly going to be playing on weekends though, at least all together as a group. I usually work somewhat late, and the other two players log off relatively early, so I haven't been logging on during the week really.

Vazkii being a cunt and people hating on botania are actually two different things.
The mod is not designed as a druidic mod but as a hamfisted crafting system for the baubles and trinkets, he admits this himself
It's shallow as fug whereas witchery is really in depth and actually gives off a magical vibe while still having useful items

He's a cunt memester

great, i'll join you tomorrow

Wait a minute that skeleton

>TFW just figured out how to do that

That's interesting desu, I've never given a shit about baubles, forget they exist most of the time.

By baubles I don't mean the things that actually use the baubles system by azanor, I mean the tools and items that do neat and entertaining shit, the knickknacks that are all of botania's actual content
Botania feels like someone taking experiments in programming to see what they could do and loosely connecting them via similar themed textures and a crafting system
Which is what it is.

I just realized a great way to sum up my issues with botania
Mojang's design philosophy turned up to 11: the mod.

I like the mod more for the redstone+lens automation desu

It' fun to automate things like the colored wool flower

It's weird because I kinda feel like that about a lot of the mods we use. Thaumcraft is full of stuff that feels that way.

I like Botania because the mana stuff and some of the blocks can be incorporated into buildings really nicely, and I still play MC for building more than other stuff. Also, the items add utility but aren't too OP, which is one thing I typically don't like about mods. They seem to devolve into trying to out-OP each other.

Botania was my favorite mod whenever I played with friends on our private server, but I still have plenty to do on this serb without it.

made a banner for serblist for technode tnfc
screenshot is my own from official server, sadly I don't have enough comfy screenshots but this will work i guess

>got game for nephew
>mouse goes invisible when the game is full screen

T-thanks java....anybody know how to fix this this? Any solutions I find are from like 2011.

Reposting this DireHint20 on how to maybe get more FPS in meme versions
youtube.com/watch?v=t-BgOlJ8N4U&user=direwolf20
> In-game Mod Options
> In-game Forge config
> Client Settings
> Set Force threaded chunk rendering to true
> Get more FPS

the hell are you doing with that steam tank?

Dunno, I'm the magicfag, my techcuck roommate built it.

I did set up a comparator behind the wall for him though, it opens the valves up to whenever steam pressure gets too high, hence the constant valve motion. It sounds like someone breathing or a respirator, hence the spongebob gif.

hence

segfaulting better grass

What's the other mod similar to infernal mobs and how good/shit is that

There is none AFAIK, regardless mob prefixes in minecraft is fucking stupid because there's no way to make it without making it ebin memeshit.
If you want RPGshit there are better ways of doing it.

thaumcraft
no, seriously, it adds improved mobs that drops lootbags
all done in a pretty good way

I'm working on a 16x16 chunk temple. The thing is done, except the whole thing is a hollow shell. Any tutorials/tips on fleshing out things like rooms for large structures?

don't build in a fucking chunk

or perhaps I should have said don't build with them in mind
rooms come before walls which come before rooves

Well in my case I worked on the roof first, then the walls. Oh well, i'll make do.

would anyone here be interested in playing on a 1.10 server if i made one?

there's already a 1.10 serb
hobo is hosting two or three of them

*two or three of the currently running modded serbs
which is to say all of them

seriously?
there are no functioning serbs on either server list, and the only one people talk about is a 1.7.10 serb that has a piratepad posted every other thread.

unless you mean the /vp/ server, but I meant like a generic modded server

Hoboserb's latest incarnation and blueserb (1.11, my mistake) are on the old serblist; however the OP has been severely fucked with.
and I did not notice this when I made the thread
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ/edit#gid=0

And oceanserb is hosted by hobo as well I think.

>1.11
wew lad, why the fuck did he go with that version?
all the mods i wanted to play with are on 1.10

Why are you guys still playing this instead of Terraria?

Because terraria is a completely different game that scratches a different itch?
I just spent like a week playing terraria m8.
they're very different

Terraria doesn't have trains.

This has already been known for a while. It does grant more stable FPS, but can cause minor delays in updates of the chunk you're standing in.

Careful with that edge user.

Sharpness V 8 times...
So is this "Sharpness (5*8)" or "Sharpness (5^8)"?

Quick Question: Can i build an iron farm above another one? I'm talking about 70 blocks above it

where did it all go so so wrong bros?

1.8, and all the forced JSON clusterfuck

want to make a railway system, which one should I do first?

haha i too browse /r/ftb and play premade modpacks XD

there is literally nothing wrong with premade modpacks (in general).

There is literally nothing wrong with being a jew

>10
Post what you're working on.
please

tfw thinking if i should find a beach similar to the one on the pic or just settle with my regular river i already spent 5 hours flattening.

My dock needs a wood type, and I can't decide. What do you think?

I'm trying GT New horizons on creative mode for the momentand wherever I go the dirt turns into water puddles and podzol and saplings appear around me and grow almost instantly
What exactly the fuck makes this happen? It's been fucking my mind for some time and I can't figure it out
SEND HELP

Not the right two.

Wouldn't wood just rot in water.

I keep having a problem when trying to add the one probe mod to my pack. Game crashes on start up. If I remove the mod everything is fine again. Any reason why this would be?

In my opinion spruce has the best worn-out look. Dark oak could be good too, but might be too dark.

I always settle next to the sea ever since I started playing in beta. Sometimes I would build other shit inland, but my main base is always on a beach.

I mistook archimede's ships with zeppelin mod. I thought you only needed one air block to be able to fly... well that's 2 hours wasted

nice boat

youtu.be/GzJGWAfmBco

>too normie for vanilla
>not autist enough for modpacks
>too social for SP
>not friendly enough for MP

a fate worse than death

Vanilla is the true autist test. Making something impressive in vanilla requires the highest tier autism because of the limitations.

Is there a mod for making large boats, like Galleon sized boats that can sail around and stuff?

>vanilla is harder than expert mode packs
This seems so retarded but it's actually true

Sorry for the leddit link

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6wxhzy/why_vanilla_is_the_best_expert_mode_pack/

What's the best serb to play on right now?

And would anybody like to start a fresh base with me? gimme your discord and I will add you later

>quarries are possible in vanilla minecraft
holy shit

cuchuas' ships, i think
archimede's ships (or davinci's vessels) is more for airships and has some issues with rotations

>make something possible
>in a way that's as retarded and convoluted as it can be
Bravo Mojang

>make something possible
That bit would require that Mojang intended for those to be a thing

This is just a complex butterfly effect of bugs to achieve a purpose

Any mob mods that's not Thaumcraft because magic is gay?

because anything useful to a single person is a bug in the eyes of jub and dinnerbong.

seriously fuck mojang at this point.

HMaG

on the other hand, there is literally everything wrong with your post

Spawn to A to Lecatmure to B

not if you pretend it's treated

Run it windowed. Enlarge window.

This is what I do.

Consult me when I get off work lel

I wanna get back in to playing Minecraft with you niggas. What's the most populated server you have running/has the most frequent players/whatever and what shit do I need?

Cheers.

n-nani?
how did you do this?

2b2t

>leddit shit

far left pham

oceanserb.
too bad there aren't any links in either server list.