Had 2004 Ford F-150 with the 4.6 liter V8, 4WD and an automatic transmission as first vehicle

>had 2004 Ford F-150 with the 4.6 liter V8, 4WD and an automatic transmission as first vehicle
>drive it everyday to work for 2 years
>eventually get sick of driving a truck everyday
>buy 2003 Nissan 350z after test driving a friend's, my first manual car as well (I learned to drive manual in a civic my mother had before I got my truck)
>love it to death, handles corners beautifully, plenty of power for it's age
>even though I bought it as a project car it became my DD overnight
>decide it's time to do some simple mods, car will be on jack stands for a couple days, have to use F-150 to get to work
>realize driving a truck is one of the most gutless driving experiences known to man, only a step above driving an abused civic in need of a tune up
>even with a V8 the thing takes 9 or 10 seconds to reach 60 on a good day (this is the stock 0-60 and the engine runs perfectly for you contrarians)
>autotragic slush box takes all the fun away from driving and robs you of power, feels like an oversized go-kart
>suspension is extremely floaty, pretty much feels like the truck is hovering over the pavement due to lack of feedback from the road
>only plus side is pot holes or rough sections of road aren't as bad, but they aren't terrible in the 350z either
>can't just zip past dumb cucks in traffic like I can in the 350z
>may as well let the saudis rape me in person because the gas mileage is so bad
>can't enjoy the toegay, body roll is atrocious even at the speed limit
>can recall all of 6 times I used the bed in 2 years to haul something, 4 of which were items I bought at a store that offered free delivery

Once I get my 350z up and running again this thing is going right back into the cuck shed.
Why the fuck do people try to daily drive a truck or SUV? It's basically and oversized civic with a bed that rapes your wallet and disappoints you at every stop light quarter mile or hairpin turn. Unless you absolutely need it to haul shit, why bother?

Attached: 1521681851645.png (1033x1136, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ewnXiTJCViE
edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/2015-toyota-tundra-trd-pro-road-test.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>acquired for 500$ and a bucket of chicken off Craigslist
I am SCREAMING

To answer your question, they're retarded. I'm in the same boat you're in.
>have 84 rx7 I love to death, want to go fast so I pull the engine for a porting job
>drive my stupid Durango everywhere now, not heat, guages don't work, probably lost half its HP after 285,000 miles
>rx7 won't be on the road again until may at the earliest
On the upside the RX will be a brand new car once I'm done, its looking to be a restoration job with all the body work I'm putting into it from hektik skidz.

hol up

Attached: 5568494951_8ea7136593.jpg (500x333, 101K)

What's even more maddening is the dumb fucks that buy a diesel, and then promptly lift their truck until it's useless for hauling anything.
I would say truck cucks are the new ricers but at least ricers aspired to go fast instead of being the biggest moving obstacle on the road.

Some of us aren’t so poor we ended up with a 3v 4.6 and DE Z33, so we enjoy driving trucks that are both comfy and capable of towing our cars

Attached: 0AF9DC05-9F2F-4F54-9C80-E5DDC9551E48.jpg (3918x2301, 1.88M)

I went from a 1998 Mercedes-Benz C240 to a 2003 Hilux, with a 2.5 diesel

For a daily driver on a normal day its ofcourse worse. Less comfy, slower, drinks more fuel and so on. The reason why I went to a truck for my daily is that I regularly carry a lot of gear, I tow trailers up to 2 tonnes, and we have decently heavy winters where 4WD is a must-have if you're gonna be towing anything bigger than a suitcase and going off the main roads

I bought it because a truck is the best compromise for what I do & what I need. I'd love to be able to have a nice, small daily driver with a relatively powerful engine, but since I cant really afford a second vehicle or have the space for one I've gotta go with the jack of all trades

Attached: 1521027091577.jpg (1843x1037, 380K)

>Why the fuck do people try to daily drive a truck or SUV?

Same reason people buy crossovers.

I'm with you though. I've borrowed my father in law's tacoma a few times and it's floaty, vague and gutless.

That all being said if I didn't daily something good in the snow then I'd probably buy a beater taco or ranger for a winter beater / for the once or twice a year I need a truck.

>An old shitty slow truck drives like an old shitty slow truck
Whoa

Attached: 1520994664860.gif (566x593, 41K)

Good job OP, you realized a truck isn't a car. How does it feel to be retarded?

>shitty old shit V8 from Ford runs like shit in a shit truck

Wow big surprise faggot.

My dad's 2015 TRD Tundra does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds with the 5.7L V8. It's all relative.

Attached: 2018-Toyota-Tundra-TRD-Sport-PLACEMENT-1-626x383.jpg (626x383, 58K)

0-60% frame rust in 5.5 seconds?

Nice

sorry didn't mean to trigger u soyboy

Attached: mcspic.jpg (557x768, 53K)

Hold up, did you buy a truck in order to put a trailer on it? What's the bed for?

>soyboy
Sorry I don't buy Toyotas

>why doesn't everyone have the same criteria as me
I and many other don't feel the need to boiracer ourselves everywhere. I want to be in comfort any time I drive (probably 1/10th of my waking existence) so I drive a slushbox land barge. And I have a truck because I need to move things other than myself such as lumber, large tools, and anything I need to trailer. As long as you don't live in a cucked urban center with no space, you can always have another fun vehicle, whatever that means to you.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-20-15-30-10.png (2560x1440, 1.43M)

>Some of us aren’t so poor we ended up with a 3v 4.6 and DE Z33
Even the latest 2018 F-150 takes fucking 7 seconds to reach 60mph, stop acting like your trugg is fast. My 350z can hit 60 in around 5 seconds, and it's from 2003 with a fucking 287hp V6, soon to be even faster after the turbo is strapped on. I zip past dumb fuckers like you on a daily.
>so we enjoy driving trucks that are both comfy...
Are you all boomers with 50 back and knee problems from a life time of sitting on your asses? Because I've never felt uncomfortable in my 350z, I really don't understand it.
You do realize they have luxury cars with decently powerful engines if you really want a comfy DD, right?
>and capable of towing our cars
Unless you have a drag car that isn't street legal I cannot fathom why you would need to haul your car.

So you actually tow shit with it? Congrats, you aren't retarded and you use your truck for it's original intended purpose. if you didn't use it to regularly haul stuff, then I'd have to call you retarded for treating it like a civic.

>Good job OP, you realized a truck isn't a car. How does it feel to be retarded?
No idea, go ask all the fucktards DDing their truck like it's a civic. Glad I stopped being a retard and got a real car.

>My dad's 2015 TRD Tundra does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds with the 5.7L V8. It's all relative.
Unless your Dad has installed some simple mods, I call bullshit because the stock 0-60 is 6.6 seconds.

>I and many other don't feel the need to boiracer ourselves everywhere.
I don't need to either, the car can be driven like any other car.
>And I have a truck because I need to move things other than myself such as lumber, large tools, and anything I need to trailer.
Congrats for not treating it like a civic that you use to putput back and forth to work with like so many other fucktards.
What land barge do you have?

>No idea, go ask all the fucktards DDing their truck like it's a civic
The only people driving their trucks around like a car are dumbfucks such as yourself. You've obviously never used the truck once to do any work and prefer to boirace in traffic so congratulations faggot

>I don't need to either, the car can be driven like any other car.
No it can't. Tight handling and a floaty ride are mutually exclusive, a car that can be driven fast in a turn and remain level will always ride rough over bumps and vice versa.

>what land barge do you have
Panther platform

let's see you drag a friend's truck out of the mud with that 350z, faggot
it's almost as if different vehicles have different roles that are used by different people
god damn you're probably a spindly armed & legged soylad who's other board is Veeky Forums where you post your "fits"
youtube.com/watch?v=ewnXiTJCViE

Attached: 27907664_10215274754763376_874932716897146536_o-461103.jpg (1200x747, 101K)

sorry didn't realize you were poor too

OP PLS READ:
DO NOT TURBO YOUR 350Z

The VQ engines can't handle boost. You're better off swapping in a turboed VG (or a VK if you can get it to fit). Also try just tuning it first, even the VQ30 can hit 300hp as an NA.

>"Even the latest 2018 F-150 takes fucking 7 seconds to reach 60mph, stop acting like your trugg is fast. My 350z can hit 60 in around 5 seconds, and it's from 2003 with a fucking 287hp V6, soon to be even faster after the turbo is strapped on. I zip past dumb fuckers like you on a daily."
>this whole paragraph
>my car is FAST bro
>7 seconds is slow for anybody not boiracing
>fuck fucker fuck
>"after the turbo is strapped on"
OP has to be 18

Attached: JriSs8j.jpg (319x443, 20K)

Let the dumb nigger turbo it

>OP has to be 18
of course he is. that's why he's impressed by his spic shitbox.

Attached: goodluck.jpg (640x616, 106K)

>Even the latest 2018 F-150 takes fucking 7 seconds to reach 60mph

Try 5.5 with the 3.5

Even the 2.7 TT takes only 5.8

You also didn't realize you're a retard

Op is a faggot whats new

The quad fits in the bed

>this amount of asspain
Lmao

I don’t pretend my truck is fast. It’s a god damn truck. I’m not some boyracer who pretends every daily commute is a race track, so I don’t need to zip around traffic like one.

>Unless you have a drag car that isn't street legal I cannot fathom why you would need to haul your car.
Because I can. I choose not to drive it sometimes over trailering it because Americans are dumb jealous cunts who can’t drive and no fucking thanks to them hitting someone when they’re staring at the car vs a big red trailer that could just be a landscaping trailer.

Not to mention we’re a Military family who moves constantly, so why the fuck wouldn’t I want to pull it with me in my enclosed trailer vs spending multiple hundreds of dollars for an open uhaul trailer to move it. There’s also the added bonus of the trailer being a movable storage unit.

TL;DR; you sound like a poor dumb faggot with babbys first sports car

Attached: F4770772-F78F-4FD1-A9B7-5D2F56287AF4.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

I thought op was bretty funny but of course a bike is better. That’s the whole point of Veeky Forums after all... right?

>. if you didn't use it to regularly haul stuff, then I'd have to call you retarded for treating it like a civic.
So are you calling yourself retarded because you projected your daily driven truck onto someone else lol
>Unless your Dad has installed some simple mods, I call bullshit because the stock 0-60 is 6.6 seconds.
Its like this guy benchraces for a living

This guys an absolute idiot

eh that meme is literally the exact opposite of reality
If you cannot afford to fuel a pickup that's one thing, but do not play mental gymnastics to convince yourself pickups are anything but alpha as you are only fooling yourself.

t. owner of truck n two cars

Attached: chevrolet-ck-3500-silverado-1988-crew-cab-4x4-lifted-454-dana-60-6.jpg (640x480, 77K)

I'm from Switzerland and have never even seen a pickup truck, can someone please explain what was going on in that video?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

I have fucking no idea. I didn’t watch it all I just skipped through, but here’s what I gathered.
>guys friend has gotten a truck stuck
>OP of vid goes to help
>backs up to stuck truck
>ties toe strap to both trucks in the absolute dumbest way I have ever seen
>maybe gets it unstuck?
>drives away

I don't daily my truck, the 350z is my daily and in about 3 days it'll be back to business as usual with the truck in the cuck shed where it belongs for the 2-3 times I actually need to use it per year, with this time being one of the only times I've driven it this year.

What I meant was I don't have to take turns at 90mph everywhere I go and launch my car at every stop light. And like I said in the OP the only pro my truck has is a smoother ride, but since a few vibrations doesn't dislodge my vertebra like some people this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

>let's see you drag a friend's truck out of the mud with that 350z, faggot
The real question is, why the fuck is he in the mud in the first place? Hunting for sunken treasure in the depths of the swamp?

Relax, I'm not going to turbo the stock motor. Putting new rods and pistons in it, along with tighter valve springs, titanium retainers, and a few other parts for reliability. I want at least 500hp and after seeing other builds that's actually fairly attainable with my setup.

edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/2015-toyota-tundra-trd-pro-road-test.html

Unless your dad installed some simple mods, I don't see it. I'll happily concede if you can provide a source saying otherwise.
Other than that, 6.6 is still pretty good for a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick. Sadly, most trucks on the road seem to be from the mid 90s-early 2000s with the occasional late model truck peppered into traffic.

>this amount of asspain
You're right, look at all the (You)s I got.

>I’m not some boyracer who pretends every daily commute is a race track, so I don’t need to zip around traffic like one.
Literally nothing wrong with that, no reason my commute shouldn't be fun.

>eh that meme is literally the exact opposite of reality
Nah, it's fairly accurate. Most people I see driving trucks are either boomers or spindly little manlets. There's nothing manly about driving a slow brick around on a daily unless you use it for actual work, especially if it's the brick in your picture.

>rods and pistons in it, along with tighter valve springs, titanium retainers, and a few other parts for 500hp
Top fucking kek.

>Literally nothing wrong with that, no reason my commute shouldn't be fun.
At least you admit to being a faggot boyracer. Thanks OP

>y-you're a faggot if you like to have fun and not drive a slow brick that will cuck you at the pump
At this point you're just trying to be antagonistic because you have nothing left to say.

I have plenty to say lmao. But do please tell me more how you’re dumping thousands of dollars in a DE to achieve 500hp lmao

>cuck you at the pump
Modern trucks match sports cars for fuel economy my guy, especially if you drive those cars like a dickhead

I guarantee this retard drives 5-10 mph under the limit at all times
I have never seen a truck driven well

What kind of lame attempt at an insult is that?

Just an observation that all trucks impede traffic and I don't know why
Maybe it's just that people move on when they learn to drive

Nope. Manlets hate trucks because they can't see over the steering wheel.
The overwhelming majority of truck owners are grizzly blue collar workers.
Perhaps you've spend too much time on the internet and lost touch with reality.

Literally all trucks impede traffic eh? Neat. That second sentence I have no idea what you mean tho

>I cannot read
As expected from an alphonse imitator

Kek you have no idea what you're doing. Going to pay someone to do that for you? Retard.

>Maybe it's just that people move on when they learn to drive
Maybe try forming a coherent sentence

>guys look I'm downvote trolling xd
We should switch back to forced user

>I have no rebuttal so xddd rebbit
Good talk bud

stop whining fag, this was my only driving car for just short of a decade.

Attached: schlomo.jpg (1620x1080, 821K)

>But do please tell me more how you’re dumping thousands of dollars in a DE to achieve 500hp lmao
I could probably push it much further than that, initially when I started with this build I was dead set on just getting a turbo and a tune, maybe a few supporting mods, but now that the car is on jack stands I've been splurging on parts. I'm positive the engine will handle more than 500hp with ease, 500hp was what I wanted at a minimum. I guess we'll see what it makes once It's reassembled. But if you'd like we could both masturbate over your truck's torque figures and how you like to haul things, or whatever it is that truck fags circle jerk over.

>Modern trucks match sports cars for fuel economy my guy, especially if you drive those cars like a dickhead
Maybe if you drive like a grandma and aren't hauling anything.

He probably does, that and causes phantom intersections every time he has to turn off a road and can't maintain his lane like 90% of truck fags.

Funny because most truck owners in my area seem to be toothless rednecks, Ricers 2.0: Big Trugg Edition, or boomers with pristine beds and hitches. Very rarely I'll see a truck that's actually hauling work equipment, so they get a pass for not being gigantic faggots.

>hurhur your a dummy hed XD
No fucktard, this isn't even the first motor I've rebuilt.

I’m forgetting the truck. It’s a truck, a tool I use. No intentions to mod it or race it. I’m laughing at your shit Z.

From the OP:
>Unless you absolutely need it to haul shit, why bother?
I take it you use your truck, like you said, as a tool, instead of a like a civic like most retards I see driving trucks (especially here in the south). Which, if it wasn't for your lack of comprehension about what this thread was about, you wouldn't have been branded a retard.
This thread wasn't directed at people like you, who use their trucks as TOOLS, which was their intended function. This thread was aimed at retards who DD their trucks as if they were civics and rarely, if ever, haul anything, especially when there are far better options for a DD.

So, to summarize:
dd'ing a truck and rarely/never using it to haul things = retarded
dd'ing a truck where you often haul things/need it for work/business functions = not retarded

Hey guys what do you think about this deal?
2003 Chevy S10 with 190,000 miles, it has new tires, breaks, windshield wipers, axles, no rust, and has a cover for the truck bed and hasn't been involved in any accidents. Obviously the miles are pretty high but I am wondering how long it could last if it is well taken care of. He wants $1000 for it, should I take it?

It was a pretty fun video desu

>2k17
>not driving a dual-clutch transmission car

when are you getting a dual-clutch manual Veeky Forums?

Attached: dual-clutch-manual.png (905x515, 542K)

No one cares nigger

Oh and it's an extended cab model with the 4.3 V6

I take it that’s your video

>DE
>as opposed to what? HR (still DE)
stupid American tripfaggot

Pretty common for Z33s to be split into two segments, DE or HR.
Cry about it more tho

senpai

>drive 25 year old suburban
>brainlet drivers attempt to close a gap in the lane I begin signalling to merge into
>merge on top of them forcing them to slam on their brakes
the rage is palpable
best when used on manlet spics in old g35s and similar

>can't enjoy the toegay
>body roll is atrocious
I had great fun driving an automatic FWD wagon on the toegay feeling like I was going to flip the car at every single corner.

>mfw you can lift off oversteer a wagon

Makes me want to see what I can do with a semi with a trailer.

>hur I have a Nissan this means I know all about Nissan benchracing

It’s still NA, port injected and double over head cam. Also I’m an user with dubs that automatically means you are the one crying

I done my port job in 2 days
day 1 I took the thing out and ported it
day 2 I assembled it, put it back in and "tuned" it

pussy

I'm the opposite desu
>daily ss ute
>want a jap car for fun weekend car
>test drive a few car
>newer cars feel sterile to drive
>old cars feel underpowered and less fun in corners
>still drive shitbox ute.

>hitting someone when they're staring at the car

I had a black R32 like yours in 2015 when they were unheard of in the states and caused at least 2 accidents this way

Attached: IMG_20150830_205401.jpg (2448x2448, 779K)

hi user, i have a 97 f150 with the 4.6 and the automatic makes these things gutless if the automatic in the 97 and 04 are the same 3 speed one, i want to do a zf5 swap to it, my friend has one with a zf5 and it accelerated faster than mine.

Those are a 4 speed auto, user

>has literally never refueled
Man this made me kek so hard as someone who went from a BIG OL PICKEMUP TRUCK to a econobox recently. It really fucking feels like the gauge is 15 gallons off, i still end up cchecking it way too often

>I rarely need to haul shit, but when I do I rent a trailer which is like $20 for all day.
>I do need AWD since I live where it snows. It's nice to have anyway for safety, and of course off-road adventures (in which cases ground clearance helps)
>I place a huge value on fuel economy so uberheavy vehicles aren't for me.

Crossovers are actually exactly what I need. Sure there are many shitty options these days for crossovers, but like most informed consumers on Veeky Forums who fell for the cross meme I drive a Rav. Fuck you I like it, looks better than a lesbaru.

>MY CAR IS BIG

>I WOULD LIKE IT IF YOU ASSUMED OTHER THINGS ABOUT ME ARE BIG TOO

>YOU SEE THIS TRUCK?
>IT MEANS I'M CONSERVATIVE
>ARE YOU OFFENDED BY MY CONSERVATISM, HUH LIBERALS?
>HAHAHA I HAUL THIS TRAILER EVERYWHERE I GO AND IT'S JUST FULL OF ROCKS
>I SPEND ALL THIS MONEY JUST TO BE OFFENSIVE

You only haul rocks? I filled my trailer with cement so it's completely useless. It's just a giant concrete block that I haul around everywhere just because I like pulling out horizontally into traffic and using it to block all the goddamn pussy liberal-mobiles.

Btw fuck your retinas.

I say they are 3 speed with OD.
regardless they are shitbags.

>whats the bed for
smaller shit that'll fit
>whats the trailer for then?
if you are into racing: hauling a moveable garage with your race car in it
Landscape: having equipment, tools, and other things

3 people in my town have similar trailers, one guy uses it as a mobile tire shop, his tire machine change a tire as small as a dinky lawn tractor tire, to a rig tire, I see him all the time driving around town, the other guy uses it for his insulation business, he has another trailer that does the spray in expanding foam with the generators and other pumps, and another guy has one for mobile detailing. Good luck fitting all that from either application into a 6.5 foot, or 8foot bed and be under gvw or breaking anything.

>the thing takes 9 or 10 seconds to reach 60
In what world is this slow? Where I live cuckboxes take 14 seconds to do that

When I was at the Daytona 24H there was some dude driving around town in an F350 pulling a gigantic trailer float with TRUMP in huge letters on it, blasting America the Beautiful. I was hanging with some Euros and they were all like "wat".

Haha, he showed you!

>OP points out how it's retarded to DD a truck unless you actually haul things regularly
>illiterate butthurt truckfag hicks flood the thread saying "nuh uh, I use my truck to haul things regularly you fag!"

There needs to be an IQ test before you can get a driver's license, I'm positive the number of trucks on the road would go down 80% as a result because it seems to be the rural retard's vehicle type of choice.

My 1.3 Toyota takes 10 seconds

>There needs to be an IQ test before you can get a driver's license
you wouldn't pass