Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

BONK

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45qaAERhrDA
youtu.be/lsltopn6Zis?t=23
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have a safe & comfy thread /mhg/.

-ggis for World!

Post 10/10 monsters
youtube.com/watch?v=45qaAERhrDA

you first

>get a "perfect" HH relic with regards to sharpness, raw, songs
>it's poison
>2 slots of prayer instead of edge lore or something
life is suffering

they're gonna put in the -dromes, and you're gonna like it!

>sharpness+2
>razor sharp
>guard+2
>3 slot gunlance
>any charm
>all results have shit options for extra skills
Trading 75% extra damage output just for fuckin properly parrying with a goddamned brave enhanced guard point

Goddamn katana samurai bullshit gooks why the fuck doesn't longsword need all this shit why the fuck does guard+2 even need to exist for the goddamn fucking weapon types already with the HUGE SHIELDS

GUNLANCE MIGHT BE DECENT IF IT WERE EASY TO GET THE EXTRA SKILLS IT NEEDS JUST TO BREAK EVEN WITH THE OTHER WEAPONS

New Famitsu issue is out , do we even have any new information?

Second dynamo get!!!!!!!

Just play adept then.

All event quests in MH:World are going to have time limited availability like in Tri, rather than simply unlocking at a given date like in the portable games.
Every map will feature a major landmark like the giant tree in the ancient forest, and the giant ant tower in the wildspire waste.

*Clickety Clacks*

Would you rather have a game boy player type device that lets you play 3ds games like 4U on your TV and with a proper controller

OR

Have a piggu version of XX

???

First one, no contest

*poke poke up-poke*

Is this true about World, /mhg/?

considering the game isn't out yet, I'd take those kind of claims with a grain of salt
wait until the release then decide for yourself how enjoyable you find it

Having fun in World!

Also there are going to be TA events

>not scoop poke scoop

Adept GL is retarded, unfun and unsafe as shit. Prioritizing defense counters insures little room for combos and actually attacking because no action cancels into parrying, requiring idle positioning to make the most of it.

Its even worse than brave.

Remember to import her game!

More precisely, there will be events where people can compete in Time Attacks, solo or in pairs most likely.
Of course, the official time attack competition
format in MH is arenas, not regular hunts.
So don't expect them to suddenly use this data for balance updates or anything since it's not going to be representative at all of normal gameplay.

WiiU version of XX, so I can emulate it on cemu.

Isn't there already a 3ds emulator?

It's just like playing usual guard gunlance.

What's the fastest way to speed through low rank of gen? I just bought it last week and I want to get too high already so I can stop playing with retards online.

I had the same thing happen with CB. Poison is better than nothing, though.

We've had events like that for ages, it's called MH Festa

>her

unless otherwise stated, every monster can be male or female

Fujioka in the Famitsu interview expressed how one of the strengths of a more constantly online game like MH World is that it's much easier to update, allowing for fine tuning after release.

So, if we get something way too broken or too underpowered on release, they might actually be able to do something about it this time.

>they might actually be able to do something about it
yes, but the issue is: will they bother?

Oh for fuck's sake no, now balancefags are going to get every single fun thing in the game nerfed with their incessant whining.

This is Capcom we're talking about, any actual balance changes will probably be saved until World G

Major stuff, yeah, but there's nothing stopping them from changing around a few numbers every now and then now.

Laziness and incompetence are minor hurdles they will have to jump.

Considering the volume of changes that happen with each new game, I don't think a lack of caring is the problem. Give them enough tries and they'll get it right eventually, it's just that until now, for the given content in a new game, they always had just one shot and that was it.

>PvE game
>balance patch
zero chance

Plenty of PvE or PvE focused games get regular balance patches, even Japanese ones.
Nioh is probably the most notable recent Japanese example.

Hugs?

Or, you know, MMOs. Which MH has more in common with than your usual games anyway. At least the lobby and quest areas style MMO like PSO which MH was inspired by.

>every single fun thing in the game nerfed with their incessant whining.
You mean the most broken OP shit weapon will get nerfed and maybe the HH and GL won't be shit for once? yeah what a disaster

Most of the stuff they'd bother updating would probably be blatantly bugged shit. Like Gunlance + Auto-Guard shenanigans.

GL will start out worse than it has ever been and it will still get nerfed.

Broken OP shit is fun to fuck around with, if you don't like it just don't use it?
>maybe the HH and GL won't be shit for once?
I actually would dislike that, GL being shit is tradition, and tradition is what MH is built on

>Broken OP shit is fun to fuck around with
Yeah no, when it's the SAME weapon every fucking time (GS,HBG) it's not fun, a lot of people don't play those weapons so it's obnoxious that they're so strong in every game while weapons like SnS and Hammer have barely changed in years.

I dunno, 4U was produced and shoved out in record time and besides all the new content and Apex they still found time to actually add entirely new moves to many of the weaker weapons to cover some of said weaknesses and undo some of the stupid changes from 4.
They did a pretty good job going from 4 to 4U, the only things they really did wrong was not figure out WHAT they actually did wrong with 4's SA, and not realizing just how hard Hammer, Lance and GL would be hurt by the insane speed increases in 4U's endgame. Which is what happens when they have to shove out the balance fixes for the previous game in the next one.

anyone got the charlotte version?

Literally
LITERALLY
bomb yourself

>play worlds with my friends at pax
>get to play at the console that is connected to the huge monitor that everyone can see
>while my friends are fighting the monster I just start cooking meat next to it
>guy who works there puts his arms up in a what the fuck position

You're a hero, user.

>games GS was top tier in
FU
Tri
3U
4U
XX
>games GS was not top tier in
1G
F1
Dos
F2
P3rd
Gen
Keep cryin bitch nigga

moment of truth, user
do we have the cooking jingle?

To be fair is anything good in Dos but hammer?

We already saw it in another video, there's still a jingle

Yes but unlike the other games where they sound somewhat similar this one sounds completely different
It also doesn't time well with when you meat cooks at all

>GS was good in all the good games people actually fucking play
>It's shit in the bad games no one plays
WOW

Is it true that World has a dabbing gesture?

>Yes
Good!
>It also doesn't time well with when you meat cooks at all
oh

more like
>GS was good in all the G rank games because G rank

gs,sns,lance,hbg,db,bow

>Worlds

GS was pretty meh in Dos, Lance had good damage but kinda felt shitty to use because it got a range nerf and Bow was really buggy and frustrating and didn't really do enough damage until F2 actually updated gunner armor skills to benefit bow.
SnS, HBG and DB were legit though.

You wanted to know if anything was good, these are all the good weapon in Dos. GL gets bonus points on Fire weak monsters and LBG is the same as FU LBG.

>nerfed to hell SnS
>good
No, I won't accept it.

I asked because I hadn't seen it yet

>sounds completely different
Dear lord, why?
>doesn't time well with when you meat cooks
How do you fuck that up, Capcom?

Gets worse, the set I was using had arcana so I didn't realise at the time that the poison is unawakened.

Oh well, still head and shoulders above Maqam Sedition.

RIP dude. My poison CB didn't need awaken, thankfully.

>implying it's shit

>nerfed to hell
It was nerfed from 1.5 in F1 to 1.2 in Dos. It's "only" the second strongest the weapon has ever been in series history.

Out of Hammer, SA, and Gl which one do you think will be the least shit in World? These are the main weapons I use so I hope at least one is good.

SA is already shit with these awful animations.

>become a wagecuck
>too tired to play online, don't want to shit it up
>only have 2 days off to play online
working is fucking hell

>sword has more than 2 animations
>awful
casual shitter detected

Help! Just got mhxx for 3ds. Cant connect to the multiplayer for some reason. Is there an update?

It had about 5 animations before, but there's no need to do that terrible double slash jump thingy, it looks floaty and artificial as fuck.

I've personally always despised the SA sword animations, they look floaty and weightless, especially the double slash.

>killing hypers instead of capping

sword's entire move set looks like youre swinging a foam LARP sword, that was before World

Watch the new double slash, it's even worse.

except it doesnt

I feel like at least the character is moving their legs and hips to swing the sword, it's still floaty but it looks like there's some exertion.

Pre-world SA has always had your character flinging around a 500lb slab of metal with nothing but your arms.

It's weaker and got an indirect nerf because Dos tuned up the chip damage.

But the JUMP, it looks like the guy is on the fucking moon.
youtu.be/lsltopn6Zis?t=23
That triple (actually not double, my bad) is complete garbage.

>hyper
This word will never not be dirty to me.

Hammer basically stole GS's spot and playstyle in World, Brutal Big Bang does as much as a lv3 charge in 4U but you can move while charging it. Only drawback is you can't get hit.

>188521287
>expecting a Veeky Forums shitter to even notice a human's movements

Still better than FU's.

Help i have mhxx on 3ds but can't play online. What's happening? I get an error code

Hey anons, I play to build a pc just because I don't wanna get a ps4 to exclusively play this (the only portable console I own is a 3DS and a psp and they're dusty now) i've never player any monhun with keyboard and a mouse, is it... Comfy? I do plan on gettin a joystick tho, just asking.

Oh yeah the jump is pretty laughable. If the character stumbled to the left after the attack it would be fine in my eyes.

The fact the character does the attack and lands perfectly afterwards is silly. The odd thing is that the Zero Sum Charge has a fuckton of weight to it, the character plants the blade in the ground to stop themselves from flying over the horizon. That's great and it's a shame that detail is missing from the rest of the moveset.

Yeah but I'm a turbo autist who pays way too much attention to animations so I don't blame that guy,

SA is supposed to have this "uncontrollable power" feel but it doesnt, its just a very limp feeling weapon

Do you hear le CLUNK when he pulls back the sword to got into the new jump attack, I like that.

I actually like that sound effect as well, I just wish the animation could be a little more weighty.

Kino