/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7
>Patch 1.05
mp1st.com/title-updates-and-patches/tekken-7-update-1-05-out-on-ps4-preps-game-for-bowling-dlc
>Patch 1.06
mp1st.com/news/tekken-7-update-1-06-kicks-out-heres-whats-changing

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MXZKhibZqeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m3Hjus10uyI
youtube.com/watch?v=NjYtA0Jbbrc
clips.twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hi Lucifer

When and why should I ever sheath my sword as Yoshi?

OBSESSED

Yellow ranks are about to be outta style

James Chen btfo tekken once again.

So let me get this straight.
Tekken isn't so much a game where you play the other person but more just taking turns beating on each other and whoever can remember the punishes more correctly wins?
Sounds like ultimate kusoge.

...Jama suna!

>4 win quits in a row
>all dragunovs again

i don't think i'm gonna make it through tonight without having an aneurysm.

I think this is wrong. Around yellow ranks most players know the character they're fighting well. By orange they definitely know. It's massively about mind games. Is he gonna step? Down jab? Is a crush move incoming? You have to find out patterns in their play style and while not trying to predictable yourself. You have to know the frame data for many moves and how they act on certain frames (-4 to +1). Gotta be able to bait moves, condition just like every other fg. Some characters like Kazuya demand that you dominate your opponents mind or you're never going to win.

Other things to remember is how reliably can your opponent backdash, how good he's at whiff and block punishing etc

I wish tekken was as simple as you put it maybe i could climb the ranks faster :p

Not him but in the end I just don't think memorizing frame data is fun or even intuitive.
Why is there such an emphasis on this in Tekken? All games have frames but you don't here NRS, SF or Anime players sperging about frames constantly.

There is just as much focus on frames in other games. They just don't have 100 moves per character so you can learn frame data pretty quick just by throwing out your fastest moves after blocking etc.

gee, it's almost like block and whiff punishing are like, the most reliable source of damage, and to take advantage of this, you need to know frame data

but idk what do i know im a sperg according to this 17er

>tfw you bought the season pass

geese will save tekken

You earn those "turns" through knowledge and execution. Knowledge of both the game and your opponent. That includes knowing the properties of moves so you can react accordingly.

Sounds like they have much better design

Then go shitpost in their general. Or any general for a game you actually play.

You're trying to act like what you're complaining about is only true for Tekken, but it's just fighting games in general, newpal

Tekken is stuck in the past but people keep eating Harada's shit.

It's really not. It's there to a lesser degree at least. Tekken is cool at first but it's pretty trash when you break it down.

you aren't fooling anybody, newfriend

which new fighting game out right now is better than tekken, in your opinion?

They're all shit. That's not the point.

So why are you focusing on tekken and not all of them? Why are you here and not in /fgg/?

Awe did someone insult tekken? Grow a pair dude.

Lmao struck a nerve. Thin skin tsk tak

friendly reminder that you 17ers don't need to play tekken if it's too hard for you

we'd much rather discuss things that are actually worth discussions than read how backdashing is too hard and its bad design

>waaahh

>lmao

@188528145
>doesn't address any of my points
So you just came here to shitpost eh? Well, you have school tomorrow so you should probably get some sleep or else you might be grounded by your parents.

You guys sure love your strawmen

So you did come here to shitpost. At least be good at it my dood.

You're autistic.

@188529171
>This is the 13th IP in the thread.

You guys literally cannot accept criticism towards your game. Any time someone tries you just shriek go bakc to fgg

if frame data intimidates you fighting games are not for you beyond a casual level. that's ok.

You had people give proper counter arguments to you and ya went ahead started talking shit. They did accept your "Criticism". You're just here to shitpost/

out

why does aris keep talking about eggplants?

I dunno. Why does he stare at flowers

kof14 is better than everything out right now it just looks like shit

>tfw installed the uloadfast mod
what a night and day difference

Gonna be real with you guys. I wouldn't mind if every male character in this game were redesigned as a female. Make a brand new character but give her Jack-7's moveset and make her cute or sexy. Then I'd be encouraged to try other characters besides Lili, Asuka, Ling, Kat, M. Raven, Josie, etc.

Speaking of Jack, at this point whenever I see a Jack in a top-8 match I just skip the fight and watch the next one. There are more characters in this game besides Jack. Why does everyone have to pick him. If this keeps up or gets worse I'm just gonna stop watching these tourneys altogether. This game is already not very flashy or fast like anime fighters, but then these top-8 players pick the most boring characters possible. Might as well give the viewers some eye candy so they stick around? You don't even have to nerf him, just don't design him to look so ugly and boring to watch. Just make him a her.

Leo is easy to use
Jack is easy to use

Leo is top tier
Jack is bottom tier

2 Jack's minimum in top 8
0 Leo's

Really makes u think.

Top 16 of Tokyo Tekken Masters

1. FOX|Saint (JACK-7)
2. Chanel (Alisa, Eliza, Akuma)
3. Qudans (Devil Jin)
4. LowHigh (Shaheen, Lars, Bryan)
5. Dimeback (Asuka)
5. Noroma (JACK-7)
7. Yamasa|Take (Kazumi)
7. Recruit (Asuka)

9. AC|Kari (Yoshimitsu)
9. Ao (Alisa, Shaheen)
9. Jeondding (Lucky Chloe)
9. HelpMe (Miguel)
13. TarisuCutter (Kazumi)
13. Soyongdory (Devil Jin)
13. LiLiMan (Lili)
13. Masa (Leo)

perhaps, but no player base

There would have to be ZERO Jacks in the next 4 tournaments I watch, and only then will I stop skipping Jack fights. It's too late to convince me. He has already left his first impression on me so I can't stand the sight of him anymore. People just need to stop picking him for a while even if it's only one guy in the next top-8.

no one wants to look like a bitch they rather play a chad character

Chad-7 is based and high IQ. stop being jealous

Also what 'top 8's' should I be watching VODs of if I just got into tekken yesterday

DJ is pretty chad

youtube.com/watch?v=MXZKhibZqeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m3Hjus10uyI

Man I can barely do King's wavedash. I wish it was just a normal wavedash input

Thanks baby

Just macro that shit senpai.

there's no point to wavedashing with king lol don't bother

But wavedash into iSW or crouch cancel into Giant Swing tho...

I'll just break the throw. King is bad

as someone who plays both kof14 and t7, i think they're tied for best current fighting game. they're both fairly well balanced and don't have much in the way of obnoxious bullshit. it's definitely a shame kof doesn't have the shininess and NA appeal of tekken because there really is a solid game under the shit graphics.

Is it bad to just hammer out games without even really focusing too hard or trying out new moves?

I enjoy playing ranked but I get the feeling Im not playing it the way everyone else does

That's assuming you guessed right, His wavedash makes his throw game become a 33/33/33 with him being able to do a 1,2 or a 1+2 grab in wavedash but apparently that sounded too OP so they made it hard to even do.

>Is it bad to just hammer out games without even really focusing too hard or trying out new moves?
yes

if your goal is to rank up and improve do that, if your goal is to have fun, do that.

>don't have much in the way of obnoxious bullshit
I feel like it's the opposite in Tekken
Like every character has some dumb shit that makes them worth playing but annoying to play against

you're right, that's what i should've said. tekken definitely feels like a case of "when everyone's broken, no one will be"

although i do feel like a handful of characters could use some buffs (which just might happen in the upcoming balance patch).

or just buffer isw and gs out of pokes, king doesn't have anything scary out of crouch dash that is mid, unless you can somehow pull a fc df2 out of it instantly

they can just duck when you wavedash with little to no risk

>demon dominating his opponents mind

Pretty sure he has plenty of WS mids that he can do out of crouch dash. Those would be the only incentive for the the opponent to keep standing so that he wouldn't eat those mids.

>tekken definitely feels like a case of "when everyone's broken, no one will be"
except that its true

Is there a character usage chart for this game? I'm really interested to see how used some characters are like nina and such

ws1+2 and ws4 have terrible tracking and can be interrupted with crouchjabs

the point is that wavedashing with king takes a huge amount of effort for literally no reward

the reason why wavedashing with mishimas is so strong is because they have electrics and hellsweeps, and they have good tracking mids that they can pull out of it e.g kazuya ws2, heihachi and kazuya f4 and ff3 etc etc

king doesnt really have any of these, sure he has good throws to pull out of a crouchdash, but a solid opponent will be breaking them, even you somehow make them respect your wavedash

Who is the highest IQ king player?

Tasty Steve

>Paul is everyone's favorite
I'm literally having an aneurysm right now.

thanks m80

He also has ws2,2 for his tracking move from crouchdash but it's not a launcher sadly and isn't that good.

GET OFF ME *dances*

If you play Feng or anyone above him on that list you're a bitch.

Triple H and LilMajin
youtube.com/watch?v=NjYtA0Jbbrc

Being a special snowflake is pretty lame

what the fuck do you do against some negro that constantly lags the game up?

I play Leo!!!

What made you pick leo?

I like her tools
Her looks
Her fighting style
And her frame data

:3

sounds like you're just a bitch
I'll make sure to gimmick you when we play

In other words you're cheap and you like to win
and have bad taste in waifus

well that's nice, I hope you have fun playing leo

There needs to be a way to eradicate all leo players.

arcade vers. getting balance update sep. 12th

leave james alone you tekken nerds >:(

clips.twitch
.tv/SpicyFastBananaBuddhaBar

Is it normal for the arcade in my city to not have half the roster? Is it just laziness?

Can I run the game at ultra with a GTX 760?

NERF LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>not only do Jin retards make the game lag but are also plus on everything
>all this faggots moves are near impossible to punish with a 10 frame move

good
hopefully Leo, Jin, Akuma, Eliza, Ling and Kazuya get slapped with a nerf

>there are people in this thread who don't play Lars
If you don't play Lars, you aren't playing Tekken 7.

>if you aren't playing unga bunga no fighting style character, you aren't playing Tekken 7
sounds about right

uh uh uh UH

tekgen how do we deal with this character bitching crisis? how do we get 017ers to stop filling the thread with character bitching and force them to go learn the matchup instead?