Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Attached: 43425.jpg (1706x960, 672K)

gets like what 5 miles per gallon?

Feels like a camry, but just a little faster.

Attached: 1520369631416.jpg (1019x1005, 143K)

Looks like shit.

THAT IS AN OPINION NOT A FLAW

I'm not a teenager and I don't vape.

EL headers.

It's nothing like the 1st gen Impreza WRXs.

Ruined by vapers.

wheels arent gold

It doesn't look like this

Attached: 1178565206000236f2c0caf7473e12e0c303dce3f6ea17607838b3a511a22fab39fdd780f0b0c3e22b6342f9e1d621601334 (646x396, 71K)

>Japanese
>Wrong blue

>shitty ass stock tune with timing breaks at random as fuck intervals so your turbo isn't even fully functional most of the time
>torque falls off a fucking chiasm after 5300 rpm
>the only way to correct stock garbage tune is to spend 700$ on an AP
>you'll still lose from a roll to a v6 Camry
>after a while you get tired of the low ass stock power while you realize that the car you bought for $28k+ MSRP has lower hp than most minivans nowadays
>also realize you could've bought a slightly used mustang gt for the same price
>desperately spend money on mods to make it hella sikkk and fast yo
>one of the extremely thin rods Designed for throttle response ends up going through the block because the VA chassis can't handle more than 300 to the wheels
>can't be covered by warranty
>such is the life of a subibabby

Attached: 1506132157703.png (378x357, 81K)

Every Subaru I've seen is always driven by a woman

t. Small town dwelling Canadian

3400 lbs

Chad will smoke your ass at the lights in his lightly tuned Silverado.

if this is true then I rather get a Evo

pigfat
muh headgaskets
glass transmission
MSRP high for an underpowered sedan
pigfat

and that's just the car. I won't even get into the WRX fanbase.

You are associated with the type of people who own a WRX.

They lowered the ground clearance, which would be fine if WRX didn't stand for World Rally Experimental. The damn thing should be more dirt road capable.

They don't make it in a hatch or wagon anymore.

It only has direct injection, not multi-port injection, and as a result the intake ports get gummed up.

It has comparable power to a mini-van, but far less weight. Power to weight is a thing.

Head gaskets aren't an issue with that particular generation. The transmissions seem to be fixed too.

>Real talk time
The WRX is a funny car because it is essentially the same car it was 20 years ago in terms of power. Despite that, it has changed from an affordable street legal rally car, that can double as a practical family car, to something douchebags make loud noises in while vaping.

Rev ahng
rev hang
re han
rev hanb
rev hang

This

05 lgt ltd: 3456 lbs

*inhales* PFFFFFFFFFFFFTT BRUH LOOK AT THIS DUDE

Rev hang is the easiest thing to fix on these engines. Rev hang is a far bigger issue on economy engines that have no aftermarket support.

>not an SVX

Attached: 00H0H_8RKvEmXCkEw_600x450.jpg (600x400, 49K)

>it's a vape mod

Rev Hang. That's it.

that fuckin body line is sex

I like the car, basically the only new car I'd buy but yeah. There are problems.
>No multi-port
>shit turbo
>bad tune
>not high revving
>over priced for the interior design
>not a hatchback or wagon
It's a missed opportunity, honestly, though, it's cheaper and more fun to STi swap a 3rd gen outback.
The fact that the basic design hasn't changed in 20 years is actually a good idea IMO no need to reinvent the wheel.

Attached: His smile and optimism - gone.jpg (374x394, 24K)

It makes people on Veeky Forums happy.

>3334 damnit
oh well, all of my problems with the car (excluding the interior) can be fixed, just not worth the cost.

"I wanted a good car but I couldn't afford an STI so I got this instead"

best post itt

Rev hang and non linear throttle response.

Best part about the car is how much it irrationally triggers Veeky Forums.

>its modern

Not STI.

Wrong hand drive.

offered with a CVT
>t. GV owner

>Rev hang
>AWD
>4 doors
>3445lbs

>SLUSHBOX ONLY

You really need to go with an AP, and if you're spending $20,000+ on a car, you can budget in $700 for a bunch of tunes. I also suggest water/meth injection to help any detonation and keep that intake clean. A downpipe/exhaust, intake, and time really wake the car up and help with the turbo not running out of breath.
I think it's ugly though. I hate the way the rear slants back and the way the taillights look.

Poor fueling design leading to ringland failures

MANUAL

SWAP

Yeah because when the majority of people, even car people, go looking for a car, they think, oh I can do an automatic to manual swap no problem. I mean, it's not like it you have to add a third pedal and have a decent amount of fabrication knowledge or anything....

>EL headers
>No EJ engine
Can't find anything else... Nice car otherwise, if it's yours.

>same shit for the last 20 years
>Ford made a better one and its called the focus RS

Real question - find a better new sporty sedan for that is widely available for the same price.
Note that the pictured car is WRX, not an STI.

Powerband = the diarrhea I just had.
Powaaa, no powaa, powaa, flush..

Agree with user should have bought a mustang.

Attached: tmp_cl_img.1503082735.826114.jpg (900x1200, 808K)

No one? That's what I thought.

headgasket

IMO the Ecoboost Mustang is just a better version of the WRX. Looks are subjective, but I'd rather have a 2 door coupe than a car someone who's not a car guy would describe as a 'family sedan'.

Also, the STI costs about the same as a Mustang GT with the performance pack, which is faster than the STI even around a track.

>someone who's not a car guy would describe as a 'family sedan'.
here is everything you need to know about mustang owners. Insecure faggots that buy cars so that other would think that they are "car guys".

>ugly
>slow
wow that was hard

forgot lesbian

I don't own a Mustang, but coming from personal preference I want a car that is attractive, sorry. If I don't NEED a sedan for my daily life, why buy one?

Attached: 1521771154483.jpg (1706x960, 688K)

Front wheels could stand to have more caster.

>IMO the Ecoboost Mustang is just a better version of the WRX

Other than having turbo 4 pots what exactly is similar about these cars?

track times, 0-60, and MPG are all pretty similar.

It's not an evo

>Having to "fix" your car after shelling out 30k from dealership
Whoa....So this....Is the power of Subaru

using rokblox instead of rallyarmors

Nice Camry

That's the entire problem of the wrx/sti in a nutshell. No real competition to speak of. There aren't any other quick ish AWD small cars in the same price range. A new focus RS is $15000 canadian pesos more than the top spec STi. There's also the Golfs but only the golf R is AWD.
Subaru knows it has the market all to itself. And yet I'm still going to buy a wrx at the end of summer

Fair but driving dynamics are very different and one has a clear advantage in utility.

If I were gonna get a mustang I'd want a v8, just kinda feels right, you know? Whereas the wrx has had a turbo flat 4 since it a inception (much as I miss the burble with the new ones)

I would say the lack of torque is it's flaw, but I can't find where it's hiding it.

No android auto

This. Who the fuck uses Idrone

No carplay either. The headunit in the WRX is garbage compared to the base 2017 Impreza

R33 GTR or new WRX STI?

is there really any question as to which you should get? humour me any way and tell me your pros and cons for both.

Attached: 1310560627643.jpg (221x246, 18K)

R33 Pros:
Looks
Faster

STI pros:
Not a 25 year old car that was never sold in the US

well if you like modern comforts and LHD and you're just looking for funnish daily I think the WRX is a fine choice even if it is kinda ugly. R33 is better in every other aspect, but the WRX is the all round more sensible option.

try 30 sweetie.

Attached: 1510931330699.jpg (300x301, 7K)

Camry with a hoods scoop in terms of styling and handling

Honda Civic Si.

>pays for bus ticket

Everyone forgets about the Si, that or Subaru fans like to pretend it doesn't exist. They also like to specify sedan, so as to eliminate all the hot hatches.

Honestly, the Civic Si is a very good car right now. It is faster than the WRX, has less turbo lag, better interior, nicer transmission... They don't really have that emotional grab a WRX has though.

It is harder to sell the wife on one because the WRX has better safety ratings and AWD to try and sell it as a family car.

FWD is shit. I can't stand Subaru but at least it's not fwd. Spending $15k on a cheap little fwd shitbox is okay but paying $30k for one is retarded.

In what world is the si faster than the wrx? It is significantly slower

fwd really isn't shit.

It is for everything but getting groceries and winter. Going around a corner quasi quickly in a fwd will never ever be as fun as doing it slowly while drifting a rwd/awd. And don't go posting those fwd go kart track """""drifting"""" videos if you're that fucking guy.

FWD is fine so long as it is engineered to avoid torque steer. Which means it is fine at lower (by sport car standards) HP numbers which both of these cars have while stock. Unless you are pushing 300HP, you really need to get your head out of your ass.

AWD handles so similarly to FWD under most circumstances that it isn't a factor.

Like I said fine for getting groceries but not for anything performance or fun related. 300hp in a fwd is retarded. Even with the torque steer eliminated you're still a dyno queen because you can't get any traction. It's just a flawed platform.

***most*** awd handles like fwd because it's literally fwd until the wheels start slipping.

An SI is only pushing 205hp, FWD is fine in that platform. And they handle like a full time AWD because you are still dealing with the drive wheels being asked to turn. The weight transfer is also fairly similar. The main difference is that AWD can claw its way out of a slide.

>It is faster than the WRX

Attached: 1521507335635.jpg (284x288, 30K)

>sell the wife on
you have bigger problems than deciding between two cars if your wife won't even let you get the one you want

UNLIMITED REV HANG

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-05-20-at-11.48.43-AM.png (1102x535, 625K)

AWD is shit unless you live in Finland. Snow tires on fwd is more than enough for Americans

>Going around a corner quasi quickly in a fwd will never ever be as fun as doing it slowly while drifting a rwd/awd.

Fwd is way more enjoyable than AWD for daily driving.

Yeah but the Honda Si is also 500lbs lighter. With better throttle response, interior, and easier to worker on. Oh, and it's a couple thousand cheaper.

If I had to pick I would choose the Civic Si over the WRX and save a couple thousand for some lightweight wheels, brake pads, and a proper alignment.

its fucking HUGE

size comparison with OG wrx plz

Right here

Attached: 1521771154483.jpg (500x375, 41K)

Not to mention you can actually get crazy deal on mustangs

Not a Dacia

Rain guards

So you obviously either smoke in your car or otherwise prone to really stinky smells like farts or old fast food.

Attached: 189467546189.jpg (462x286, 70K)

~10in longer
~2in wider
~2in taller
So roughly the size of a first gen legacy sedan.

Could be worse I suppose. I don't think there's any long running car model that has gotten smaller with time.

i like the way rain guards look on cars. sometimes i wanna crack the windows and cool off without turning on the AC, and if its raining i can't do that without getting wet. also i think it makes the car look more aggressive. just my opinion though

>Having rain guards means you smoke?
What the fuck?

>Headgaskets

>i glanced at a shitpost on Veeky Forums once
>i guess i should perpetuate that shitpost to fit in

>I regurgitate 15 year old memes

>AWD is shit unless you live in Finland. Snow tires on fwd is more than enough for Americans
Get lost faggot go eat some Apple dick trying to tell me what I need.

No V8.

>With better throttle response, interior, and easier to worker on. Oh, and it's a couple thousand cheaper.
No this is false
The Si and WRX don't have large enough turbos for turbolag to ever be an issue to cause throttle response. For all intents and purposes its the same
>interior
your opinion, both are covered in cheap polyethylene plastics
>easier to work on
not really, you can look at both the Civic Si and WRX videos by Savagegeese when they go under the vehicles, the Civic si has tons of skid plates and very low clearance for literally anything and the WRX is much more open, it has virtually the same design and look of the original Imprezas, no aerodynamic shit to get in the way.