Begs the question

Begs the question

Will it out perform an LS or will it crack like its predecessor?

>Pic related

Attached: D9000CCD-F3BB-41D1-AB5C-434925A38503.jpg (640x330, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pd_chxOouYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its going to *become* a corvette engine itself unlike the original northstar which was never meant to go in the vette although Shelby himself modified and made the last Northstar much better and used it in his original designed car the Shelby Series 1 where it produced 320 HP out of 4.0 L and even sold it as a crate engine. Shelby isn't around anymore so lets say if it were a fuck-up, who do you think would be there to give it the love it deserves?

Attached: Series 1 engine.jpg (1024x768, 172K)

We need more versions of different displacements to be sure. That thing uses an undersquare design, while most of the LS V8s used an oversquare design favored for performance

If they make a good Oversquare version, it'll definitely replace the LS

They just need to fucking sell an official DOHC LS/LT in their cars again. Why can't we have high displacement engines along with modern technology? They would shit on absolutely everything

Attached: mercurysb4.jpg (268x188, 7K)

Stock power is irrelevant. I want to see how affordable and reliable it is at xxxxhp levels. It better be good what for it being the size of a big block.

>Why can't we have high displacement engines along with modern technology?

GM tried, it was called the Northstar and it was a giant piece of shit. The LT5 was a lightning strike, GM will never achieve it again.

The north stars barely even exceeded 5 Liters, the LT5 wasn't a particularly high displacement V8 either.

>The LT5 was a lightning strike
Lotus was involved with that.

Fair enough I forgot modern LS derivatives are 6.2L.

For

The true God engine

youtu.be/Pd_chxOouYY

Man I'd love to build one of these. It's the closest thing to a road going Can-Am car I can think of.

> modern technology
OHC has been in use for automobiles as long as pushrods have. The first OHC car was actually available before the first OHV car.

Attached: 739484676189.jpg (760x1023, 194K)

Read about it yesterday, it's nice America is pulling their luxury game together finally, but I still hate GM too much to care.

Mercury Marine?

the LC3 was a northstar engine and didnt suffer the typical northstar problems

>Will it out perform an LS
Implying that is a hard job.

It weighs less and is shorter than the LT4 in the Z06. I wonder how much boost it runs stock and what can it be cranked up to on stock internals

The LS is the god engine. Nice try though

>4.6 liters
>High displacement

Spotted the eurocuck

Why do we need modern technology when we can get 650hp and 40mpg with a 100 year old engine design?

Attached: vettempg.jpg (738x415, 37K)

>implying you can actually use all of 650hp and get 40mpg in the same trip
feathering the throttle and keeping it under 2k is the mileage solution for almost every engine

it will still be slower than the gt like the rest of GM's cars.

Attached: ferd.png (954x615, 736K)

Are your 1.2 diesels making 650hp? That's what I thought. Yeah highway mpg is a meme but that's still impressive.

>helmets are not street legal nor is having a device blocking your view.

IRRELEVANT

This

because you can't get 40mpg whilst still telling the truth.