This will decimate all AFTER you put about fifteen grand in it or more, and if we have to, overnight parts from Japan

> This will decimate all AFTER you put about fifteen grand in it or more, and if we have to, overnight parts from Japan

Attached: 6EFB145E-C49A-44BD-92E1-E7F27059BA2F.jpg (194x260, 19K)

Was getting overnight car parts from Japan even possible in early 2000s?

A good condition 2JZGTE yeah, but they had a 2JZGE (fine also, same block, no oil squirters) and a burnt frame, how did they do it anons?

Attached: 1521587337956.png (512x556, 334K)

With fifteen grand or more and overnight parts from japan. Obviously.

2jz is overrated it's all about that n54 now

Yeah, you just had to make phone calls and have connections. Internet ordering was still pretty limited and a of of people didn't trust it. Plus ebay was like the only place to buy parts

I mean that's cheap if you're trying to build a 1000+hp engine. Just go look at the cost of an LSX. An LSX that's just the block and heads. If you want a fully assembled engine with a supercharger and proper fueling then you're looking at around $30,000 to push 1000+hp.
But the LSX is a "modern" engine so the fact that you could put $15,000 in a 6cyl Japanese engine and make that power was fucking ridiculous.

you never could. it was always a dyno queen meme.

>inb4 weebs shit

It always bothered me how Toretto charged Brian for a '10 second car'.

NIgger, are you serious? That Eclipse couldn't do 15 on a quarter mile, it was all riced up shit. I bet it was heavier than stock, too. Not to mention that it somehow costed '80 grand'.

The more I learned about cars the more that film bothered me, kek.

And Dominic's red RX7 certainly didn't run 10s either. That Charger was the only thing that fitted the bill.

Attached: SH_HAMB_DRAGS_6.jpg (1920x1285, 1.01M)

Is it just me or does he say "japan" with a little accent

>decimate

Attached: 1521342214035.jpg (682x548, 33K)

15k in ~2000 = 21k now

>Dominic's red RX7
Is that thing STILL in that LA parking garage? Did they ever come back for it at any time?

>LA parking garage
By "10 second car" they meant that it got ripped off by a mexican in 10 seconds or less when left unattended. .

10 second 1/8th mile

I'd believe that but at the last bit of the film, where Dominic is driving in Mexico he talks something about 'living a quarter of a mile at a time'.

So, bullshit. A S1000RR can do 400m in 10s. A heavily (and seriously) modified Mitsubishi probably can, too.

But none of the rice that appears in the film would accomplish that. Ever.

. . .

Am I taking this too seriously?

Attached: ATL SCCA RX_April 26, 2015_100.jpg (1456x971, 219K)

>costed
>fitted

Quell your autisim, it’s just a movie. And that Eclipse could run a 10 second quarter mile if it was the AWD. Plus, RX7’s and Supra TT’s hit 10 seconds all day long, considering they were cracking high 12’s stock.

Attached: B2D9AF68-DC60-4F95-873A-72E576ABFA71.jpg (733x800, 82K)

I get a bunch of stuff from Japan overnight or 2 day via DHL
The post offices over there are open 7 days a week and customs in Cincinnati is super quick tbqh

it could have been a GSX eclipse, there are instances of this car running 10's

N54 can make stupid power but won’t stay together very long, makes for a fine track car

a hairdresser in my little town has an eagle talon that runs 9s

Properly modified ones could. The ones from the film, no.

Reeee.

>are you serious? That Eclipse couldn't do 15 on a quarter mile
Well eclipses run 14s stock and the FnF one was an actual GS-T and supposedly had a big turbo a fully-standalone EMS and NAAWWWS. It could've actually done 10s if tuned well enough and a good launch off the line.

Attached: AA-2G-DSM.jpg (800x463, 152K)

Compare the car you posted with this shit.

Attached: Rice Mobile.jpg (1306x816, 62K)

It is literally the same type of car except the movie one is a GS-T (turbo fwd) and the one I posted is a GSX (turbo awd) so the one actually in the movie was 100+ lbs lighter.

Not sure if I'm being baited or not but I'll bite.

The red one does not have headlights, mirrors, a silly spoiler and who knows what else has been removed. It has tiny, light wheels with meaty drag slicks, a huge fucking turbo and so on. It's a proper car.

That green abomination has neon lights, shitty ricer bumpers, huge wheels with street tires (not even performance oriented I reckon), some 'look at me' spoiler that surely doesn't make it accelerate any faster and stickers.

This shit is as much of a drag car as that purple convertible Eclipse from fnf2.

Attached: Pepe kys.png (600x842, 142K)

Because I was responding to a post where someone posted a fully-built drag car and call eclipses slow, when stock-for-stock the eclipse is faster in every metric than nearly all *top-trim* 60's muscle cars.

Attached: 1965-dodge-coronet-A990-rear-quarter-profile.jpg (2040x1360, 942K)

Yeah, the production team didn't spend that much on the cars, but the whole idea was that the people actually knew what they were doing. Problem is, the writers didn't know what they were doing. Brian's Eclipse theoretically should have basically been an 800hp Evo. AWD drivetrain, stroked and built motor, nitrous, high boost, probably meth injection, major head work and cams, high tech ECU that had it's own touchscreen head unit. That's a car perfectly capable of a 10 second quarter mile.

>or more
How much more.

Attached: 1521609405379.jpg (3024x4032, 2.16M)

In actuality? Over $100k.

That car had a 2JZ 3.1 engine swap, Turbonetics T-66 ball-bearing turbo & Delta II wastegate, RPS stainless steel/HTC-coated custom header, NOS 100-hp NOS system, AEBS turbo downpipe, GReddy Power Extreme Exhaust, Pro-Fec B boost controller, Airinx intake, Clutchmasters stage III racing clutch, an 11-pound billet flywheel, and an Eibach coilover suspension.

It eventually sold for $185K though...

That's like maybe 8k in parts.

>ITT Veeky Forums bench races cars from a movie

them having a 2jzge wasx just an oversight

>fwd
>full of ricer shit
>no intercooler, probably doesnt make more than 350hp

Yeah, that thing is doing 12s, tops

Precisely my point, gentlemen.

Attached: DSC_8213.jpg (1920x1281, 1.53M)

>the movie one is a GS-T

When he pops the hood you can clearly see a 420a under the hood, it's a gs/rs.

You're kidding right...... The bored and stroked motor costs more than 8k alone.